About Havania Apartments

• dutch amenities
  • billiards
  • snorkeling amenities

Good

Arriving at the HAVANIA Appts. at 1.30 a...

Reviewed Wed 8th of October 2008

"Arriving at the HAVANIA Appts. at 1.30 am we went down some steps into what seemed to be a basement but which was reception.. We looked for any signs of life and waited for a couple of minutes. We looked into the garden area and saw 2 guys playing what looked to be a board -game. Is the manager here, I enquired. I am the manager was the terse reply from one of them , seemingly disgruntled that I had disturbed him from his game. He gave me the customary info envelope and showed us to our room. Still no welcome or any conversation . We have had better treatment in the UK ! We were not happy with our room for various reasons and requested another. I dont have any was the reply. Oddly he managed to find one for us the next day which was marginally better.
We tried the snack bar the following day , and decided that we would not use it again .
You can form your own opinion as to why. The whole holiday was blighted by a constant loud clicking coming from a small room directly beneath us , which genuinely kept my wife awake. It turned out it was some kind of filtration system and " needed to be on during the day." To my knowledge it was on 24/7 and was never switched off. Again approaching the owners , no assistance was forthcoming just indifference.Of course there were the usual guests who bellowed everything they said and slammed every door in the place at 2.00 in the morning.
We were at the HAVANIA for 14 days and during that time the manager/owner (I believe his name was George) would have nothing to do with us , probably because we dared to question some of the standards in his establishment.
We could not wait for check-out day !!!
Good manners seems to have passed by this island of Crete !
Think very carefully before staying at the HAVANIA Apartments !

• Travel date: Wed 8th of October 2008

What a fantastic holiday me my husband a...

Reviewed Fri 1st of September 2006

"What a fantastic holiday me my husband and our friends had. A great place and great people, George was a fantastic man.

The food he cooked us was very nice, the rooms were very cosy and all Georges family made us very welcome. George even took us out up the mountain with his young son and we had a brilliant day.

These apartments would suit anybody from the very young to the very old and the disabled would find easy access. The views were breathtaking, everything about these apartments were great and we will definitely be going back there again.

• Travel date: Fri 1st of September 2006

One of the best holidays my family and I...

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2005

"One of the best holidays my family and I have ever had. Although the apartments were basic, as is the norm in Greece, nothing was too much trouble to the apartment owners.

By the time we left, we felt as if the owners (George, Patricia, Katrina, Georgina and Joseph) had welcomed us into their family. They recommended restaurants for us to visit, took my husband out diving for squid, my son for rides on Georges motorbike, cooked us a special meal on our last night, entertained us at the pool bar by day and night - and all this at absolutely no charge.

We will definitely be going back next year and I would recommend these apartments to anyone who enjoys the warm welcome you can only get at a family run home away from home!!!

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005