Golden Apartments

Ammouda, Agios Nikolaos, Crete 721 00 Greece

Good

yay yannis

"we have holidayed at the golden appartments for the last six years and as a family with young children we have found it brilliant. the family fun night this year was the best so far. the appartments are clean and spacious. yannis and helen are always helpful and kind. the pool is fantastic its so much fun its exactly what you need after a day in town. although the appartments are out of town its a pleasant walk with spectacular views and doesnt take long.
WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of August 2005

I Will Be Back!

"What can I say?! It was the most relaxing holiday I have ever been on. The apartments are superb and Yannis the hotel owner tried his hardest to meet our requirements, I went with a family who have gone 5 years in a row and I can understand why. The fact that its a smaller apartment set means that Yannis always has time to spend with his individual guests and he tries to encourage you to speak Greek along the way, the pool, the food, the apartments, the care is all first class, I cannot praise Yannis and family enough, they made my two weeks so enjoyable I will be taking my dad next year. Eat Yannis chips, the best in the world!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of August 2005

enjoyed

"we really enjoyed our holiday at golden appartments, the owners were great with us , and we couldnt fault the appartment it was cleaned almost every day and comfortable
yannis, ellini and demetris were some of the nicest people that we met while we stayed at ag nik
we would like to go back there one day"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of August 2005

No Problem!!

Good

"I came back from Crete at the weekend after a two week stay at "The Golden Apartments". This was my 3rd time in a row that I have been to Ag Nik and love the place. Our usual hotel wasn't available this year so a little nervous of what I would find. I shouldn't have been, it was MAGIC! As described previously, the owners Yannis and Heleni were fantastic. Yannis had the catchphrase "NO PROBLEM" and nothing ever was!! He invited us to watch football with him and did us 2 barbecues, even took some of us to the beach!

The accomodation was perfect. No a/c in our apartment but it didn't matter, the room stayed coolish all day. It was cleaned to a very high standard every day. The pool was great. The taxi to town was only 5 euros.

I HIGHLY recommend this resort."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of June 2005

i bit far out of the town

"be prepared to have to drag your suit cases over a crash barrier !!!!!
a bit far out of the town for me 30 min walk there and back you really need to hire a car or taxi it but at 5 euros each way could get a bit pricey if your there for 2 weeks ( theres no way you could walk back in the dark as the lane has no lights at all and is a 20 min walk)
the guy who owns it was very nice and sorts you out a lift now and again.

i wouldnt go back there but if you want an out of town pool holiday this is the place for you."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of June 2005

The best restaurant in town

"We were staing in a great hotel called GOLDEN APARTMENTS and belive us it was really golden!!!
Yiannis and his wife Eleni was great! They also recomendet to us a little restaurant called:GRIGORIS. This place was perfect... The came to pick us up from the hotel and we had ecxellend meals. Since we been there we didn't change it untill we left from the island. This is a really nice place that you MUST go if you ever be in Crete."

• Travel date: Sun 24th of October 2004

Brilliant apartments with outstanding hoists

"Got out of Coach at 4am, pitch black, stepping over a main road crash barrier and up a steep hill to the apartments...oh know what have i booked i thought...got into room, very clean and nice...not too bad. But when i awoke, and walked out to the crete sunshine...wow...what a place..high in the hills, fantastic pool/bar, all clean...Pool is fantastic..little diving board/bridge etc..
Some rooms have A/C, mine never but borrowed a fan from the owner,. which was fine...
The owner Yiannis,and his wife and son.. Eleni and Dimitri are briliiant..so so friendly..Yiannis loves football and beating ( his brother owes a bookies ). Only down sides were not enough sunbeds..and its quiet a dark wlak to town centre ( 25 mins), but owner will get you a taxi easy or even give you a lift--free---hes that nice...funny little bugger as well..likes a laugh and a chat...
Town centre is brilliant..fantastic food/ a few clubs/bars..but no larger louts...quality place.
I highly recommend these apartments..esp the upper floor ones ( i was on the basement but didnt care...who wants to sit in a room when outside is so prety..)..great bar snakes///loadsa booze..help yourself and pay tab at the end...yes..love it... one day we will return...Lhea & Jo..the Portsmouth FC posse"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2004

Hated the Golden Apartments

"We booked here via Olypic Holidays after reading the reviews. I can only assume that the previous reviews came from travellers who were not on the basement. We were allocated a basement studio despite being promised a top floor with an inland view. Throughout the whole studio there was only one small window and when opened the view was of a stair well which contained the cleaning equipment. When we complained to the management and said this was not acceptable they were not in the least helpful. They did offer us another studio in the basement which was slightly better but this was not cleaned and they could not give us any idea of when it would be cleaned and when we could move into it. It was extremely hot and stuffy in the studio, the lights would need to be on the whole time and if the window was opened anyone using the stairs could see straight in and straight through to the sleeping area. Needless to say we left and booked into a hotel elsewhere.
My advice to anyone using these apartments/studios is that if you cannot be guaranteed not to have a basement studio, in particular studios 1 and 8 then do not go here. Olypic Holidays were also particularly unhelpful."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of September 2004

Best Holiday Ever

"Not only is the scenery marvelous and the weather brilliant Yiannis, Eleni and Dimitri are the nicest people you could meet. The rooms are plesant and the gardens wonderful we are going for our 4th time to the Golden Appartments in a week! Can't Wait!!"

• Travel date: Tue 27th of July 2004

Hospitality at it's Best

"Very good standard of accommodation. The Golden Apartments are situated on the outskirts of the town of Aghois Nickoloas, which has growen from a smalll fishing Village into a beautiful cosmopolitan town without loesing it's charm and charatcher with something for everyone. The Golden Apartments have an air of complete relaxation, peace and tranquility. The owner, Yannie and family are the most friendly and hospitial people you could wish to meet. This accommodation is suitable for both families and couples alike, who wish to be close to, but not in the main resort, yet have easy access to the award winning "Bule Flag beach" of Amadara.(2k). A real Gem, for those looking a relaxing, laid back holiday with True Greek Hospitality, as well as the option of an exciting thriving resort on your doorstep. Be carefull !! - You Will Fall In Love with Greece."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of March 2004

Terrible

"I have just returned from Golden Apartments and this was the worst holiday that I have ever had. It was extremely quiet and there was nothing to do. The holiday states weekly BBQ but this did not occur when we stayed. My room only got cleaned twice when this should have been cleaned on alternate days. When I spoke to Yannis about this he stated that the cleaner did not want to enter the room when someone was in it. Why did she not knock or use the door bell? Very unsatisfactory!
To get to the beach and the shops took a long time(20-30 minutes) and I will definitely not be going there again. I am so glad that I am home as this holiday was a waste of money. "

• Travel date: Sat 3rd of September 2011

peaceful holiday

"Golden apartments is a lovely place stay in Ag Nik. It is a small and friendly place to stay, away from the hussle and bussel of town, which was just great for my husband and i. Although we are a young couple,we prefer not to be on the door step of clubs or noisy pubs. The apartments are very clean, it has a super efficient cleaner, who tends to the rooms every other day(could have done with bringing her back home with me)!
It takes about 25min to walk into town,depending on your pace. However this really isnt a problem and we enjoyed the walk into town. There are no lights along that road, however we felt as safe as houses on our walks back to the hotel. Alternatively taxi's are easily available and cost around 5 to 6 euro's. Yanni(John) the owner can call you one to take you into town if you so wish.
The owner Yannis(John) and his wife Eleni are wonderful hosts and they really helped make our holiday. Incredibly kind people,nothing was ever too much trouble and they will go out of their way for you,without expecting anything in return. Just lovely people.
The pool area is great and a sun trap.
I think if you'd like a quite and friendly place to stay,clean,pool,wonderful owners,then look no further really. We were already informed of its location, the walk into town etc and thats precisely the reasons we chose Golden Apartments.We would certanly stay there again,using it as a base to explore more of crete.
For those wanting to try Greek food and steer away from the burgers etc, try a traditional restaurant called Portes(meaning door), great meze's there, the owner speaks english and can guide you with choosing.
If you want to learn back gammon, Yanni is a great teacher. Without making it all sound too sickly,Yanni and Eleni are just great people.

Tony and T

• Travel date: Thu 21st of October 2010

Hotels near Golden Apartments

Stayed at Golden Apartments? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Golden Apartments

• Unsatisfied Customer by Unsatisfied Customer

"Don't go if you want a boring holiday. "

Golden Apartments is also called