Panorama Village & Hotel

Agia Pelagia, Crete 71110 Greece

Stay at another hotel

Reviewed Wed 24th of September 2014

"Turning up early hours of the morning to b told we have no room go down the road to another hotel for three nights by very rude reception staff after many arguments with reception staff we got it down to one night we came back the following morning to b told we had to wait till midday for our room when we finally got in there the room was clean which was the only thing the hotel had going for it . Stayed at many all inclusive hotels over the years this one bites the biscuit the drinks finished at 10 30 had to pay for spirits the food was disgusting the only good thing was chips only allowed ice cream at dinner time never heard of that before just sauce no meat in the Bolognese which was served every meal time out of the 7 nights we spent there we had two meals ended up eating out every night total waste of money the only thing the hotel had going for it was the scenery people rating 10/10 can't have any taste buds need to retrain the staff when I handed in the keys at the end of our week we had no response from the receptionist other then snatching the keys she didn't ask if we enjoyed our stay just moved on to the next person before booking this hotel please read reviews carefully well rant over "

• Travel date: Fri 19th of September 2014

Don't do it!

Reviewed Wed 17th of September 2014

"We have just returned from a 2 week holiday & to be perfectly honest I would NOT recommend this hotel to anybody.
On arrival we were told quite abruptly that our room wasn't ready due to over bookings which happens all the time.
We then had to wait until lunchtime the following day for our room, with no apology, just damn right rudeness from reception staff.
The food was below average, and drinks very limited, as they tell you on arrival only 1 drink per person. It's. Like being at school, having to que up constantly for drinks & food.
There seems to be a huge problem with management, and to be honest the staff could do with some serious hospitality training!
Can't fault the actual resort, as the views are stunning. But after checking out other accommodation we would go self catering next time.
People don't waste your money! "

• Travel date: Wed 17th of September 2014

Brilliant first time

Reviewed Mon 25th of August 2014

"I have just returned from my first holiday abroad. Having read the reviews about Village Panorama I was a little concerned. I needn't have been. It was Brilliant.
The staff were helpful, rooms cleaned daily, towels and sheets changed whenever we asked, food was good although they do like their pork and veal, but all was edible.
The views are amazing and although there is a walk to the beeches, they are well worth it. The entertainment was good due to the hard work of Mimo who was the life and soul of the afternoon and evening.
All in all we will return and recommend to anyone.
Many thanks to all at Village Panorama. See you again."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of August 2014

tony and gill brown

Reviewed Mon 2nd of December 2013

"My wife and I have been to the hotel panorama for 7 years !!! yes that's 7 years.and have seen many changes however we have always found the place wonderful the people are friendly and we are treated like old friends every time we return.the food is edible the place is clean.when I hear of people complaining its always the same type of people mostly the Spain crew with their English breakfasts and all the usual Blackpool with sun expectations.well bugger off back to Spain and don't try to spoil Crete . "

• Travel date: Sun 1st of December 2013

Will not go again

Reviewed Tue 7th of August 2012

"I took my three teenage grandchildren to Village Panorama Hotel a couple of weeks ago. I booked it late and paid for two double rooms with a garden view. Well, I thought I was going to the Village Panorama but unfortunately as we and several other (British)holidaymakers found out - they had no rooms for us. As we arrived late in the evening, we were told that we needed to move to another hotel and we could have our rooms by Friday (we arrived on Tuesday and were only there for a week so after much discussion we stayed where we were - I think we got the better deal).

We were then moved to the Pela Mare where we were given two apartments. Basic but clean and with the best view in the world as well as a wonderful pool area. We were also welcomed by the owner/staff which we had certainly not felt at the Village Panorama.

Comments on the Village Panorama
1) Hotel has a pleasant aspect and looks very clean
2) Cannot comment on the rooms as we decided to stay where we had been put and where we felt welcome
3) Food - always difficult as everyone has different tastes and some people will always moan. I found the salads and veggies were well prepared and tasty. Unfortunately, cannot say the same for the meat or fish. Never sure what we were getting as it was not labelled and it could have been better presented. Small things - the butter was like oil because no-one had thought to put it in a bowl with ice! Kids thought the drinks were "37p coke". Puddings were virtually the same every night. After watching my grandaughters eat bread and butter for tea I decided we would have a few meals out.
4) Ambience - good - we spent several evenings there and, yes, the entertainment was not as good as it should have been. Bingo and a few dances for the younger children. However, my teenagers enjoyed playing pool, using the internet and talking to other teenagers who were based either there or at the Pela Mare.
5) The beach is not close and the bus could run more regularly. I walk dogs daily and would not dream of walking up and down to it in that heat! Also, there is absolutely nowhere else to go except for the Pela Mare or down to the village if you want something different to eat or drink
6) Staff - we only dealt with those on the front desk. Brisk, no nonsense but not always the most helpful. I had to push three times to find out when our bus returning to the airport would be coming to fetch us.

I hope that this is a fair review. The trip was average. I was sold the package as four star and although the hotel looks it (cannot comment on individual rooms only public areas) the food and drink was not.

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2012

What a fabulous hotel. . .

Reviewed Mon 28th of May 2012

"My daughter and I booked for 7 nights all inclusive just seven days before we flew out. We had a wonderful time and could not fault anything. The hotel was clean, staff friendly, room lovely with a beautiful sea view, food varied with something for everyone. Mimo organised a great Greek evening and bingo in a few languages, which wss fun! The whole experience was fantastic and we will definitely go there again. Such good value!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of May 2012

These reviews are so right!!!

Reviewed Wed 28th of September 2011

"Yes we had a lovely holiday, it's what you make it! The views are lovely, some of the hotel staff are very friendly, the free bus down the steep hill to the beach is a life saver ... the beach itself is very nice, as is the kebab shop (who deliver to the hotel) BECAUSE the food at this hotel is awful, as is the sewage smell that at certain times of the day comes and goes."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of September 2011

Dont go near this place

Reviewed Tue 23rd of August 2011

"I have just returned from a two week stay at this so called hotel.It is one big con from the moment you walk in. You will be shown a less than basic room so that you feel the need to upgrade for extra money,food is very limited and what is left one day will be served up in a different form the next!. The hotel is very tired and needs money spent to bring it up to modern day standards.
The All Inclusive is another rip off as all spirits are only available after 1930 so you can only have watered down beer from 1030,you have to pay for any drinks (inc soft) after 2230.
Having said that we made some good friends there and that's what made the holiday bearable.
One other thing the pool drops to the deep end without warning at an angle of 45 degrees so once on the slippery slop there is no way back I saw two small children having great difficulty as they could not swim. "

• Travel date: Wed 17th of August 2011

Don't listen to the whinging Brits!!

Reviewed Wed 17th of August 2011

"Having booked this holiday just 7 days before we went I made the mistake of reading the reviews....bad move! To say I was apprehensive was an understatement! We travelled overnight and got to the hotel at approx 7am to be met by a very friendly hotel receptionist. He upgraded our room to a sea view at no extra cost and gave us the option to upgrade my teenage daughters room also, which we declined as their room was more than adequate. All they used the room for was to shower and sleep in! We were then shown to where the early breakfast was set out so that we could get a drink while the room was prepared (only took 10 minutes)The receptionist then came to get us and explained about the facilities. The views from the hotel are fantastic, the room was cleaned every day and we received fresh towels at least twice in the week. We didn't need the air con because the island has a lovely breeze most of the time and that was enough to keep the room cool whilst we were in it. The food was absolutely fine, exactly what you would expect from a hotel that advertises itself as serving GREEK and international cuisine. Not a burger and chips in sight thankfully, we are in Greece after all!! My 18 year old daughter is the fussiest eater I know and even she managed to find something to please her at every meal. I can only assume the moaners (and there were lots of them, all British) came to Greece and expected a full English menu. The pool area was lovely and we met some of the nicest people I have ever come across on holiday. We were all brought together by the excellent entertainment on offer during the day. The hotel animator (Memo or Nemo, not sure which!) was brilliant both day and night. I defy anyone not to have a good time with him around, he was fantastic and always remembered people's names and nationalities.The hotel is very multicultural, lots of Polish, French and other Eastern European visitors, all of which added to a lovely atmosphere round the pool. The biggest moaners were as usual the British and I really fail to see what they had to moan about. All I can say, in conclusion, is that when we left after 7 days of bliss, 3 of the 4 of us were in tears and that has never happened before. Back home in wet & windy England now and already planning how we can get back there soon."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of August 2011

You get what you pay for

Reviewed Tue 14th of June 2011

"I was fortunate enough to be able to book a two week all inclusive holiday at this hotel. When I arrived, the kitchens had closed, and the lady on reception, (who can be a little scary if she's grumpy) upgraded me at 30 euros to the most beautiful room with a sea view and in a quiet section of the hotel. This is basically a no frills as there wasn't anyone to help with bags and there were loads of stairs. I made it down to the bar at least for a few drinks.

The bar staff are amazing, and the entertainments guy, Mario is really funny. All the bar staff were brilliant, Charlene, Arris and Marius.

The food is a bit hit and miss, but there is always something to eat. The all inclusive package works out to 15 euros per day, which includes your room (7euros). 3 meals a day (1.09 euros per meal, eat all you want) and 2 euros a day for your free drinks.

The village is wonderful, and an easy wallk down, but a bit of a hill to get back to the hotel. the hotel lays on two buses a day. one at 09h00 to get you to the beach and then a collection service at 15h00 and 18h00.

The beach is lovely with a wonderful selection of restuarants on the beach front. My two favourites being Zorba's (fantastic food) and Club Nanu for coffee in the day and a brilliant atmosphere in the evening. Just be wary of the cocktails as all the night bars charge 7 euros a drink.

All in all , I had an amazing experience. Definately give the little chapel on the hill a visit.

• Travel date: Sun 12th of June 2011

Not too bad

Reviewed Tue 7th of June 2011

"I went to the Hotel Panorama with my son who is 15 mths old and my parents. The hotel was clean and welcoming.
The food was ok, I'm a fussy eater and I found something for myself and my son to eat at every meal time, normally they had a meat or fish dish and a couple of vegetable options, cold salads and pasta with sauce.
if you're all inclusive the drinks were available almost all day, you had to buy bottled water which wasn't expensive.
The down points of the hotel was that it was on several layers and spread out, there was no safety around the pools and the place was crawling with cats!
The walk to the beach wasn't too bad, we never attempted to walk back, the hotels minibus came and collected you at 3pm"

• Travel date: Sat 4th of June 2011

Never Again!

Reviewed Wed 22nd of September 2010

"Just arrived back form a 2 week holiday experience that I would not like to repeat. Having arrived 6 hours late due to a pilots despute (appreciate not the hotels fault) we were told that the hotel was full and that we were being taken to another hotel until Monday (just what you want to hear at 11.30pm).
The Peninsula Hotel was very nice and after wasting another half day of our holiday on Monday being transfered back to the Village Pamorama we were expecting the same standards. Boy were we disapointed. As many of the other reviews I have since read the staff were very unhelpful and unfriendly, the room was adequate, but the shower had no curtain so the bathroom became a paddling pool afterwords - very dangerous, and when they changed the sheets you had to make the bed yourself (they just left the clean sheets on the bed).
Not the 4 star hotel as described. The food, I can't even begin to state how terrible it was, after the first few days we eat out.
There were also cats every where, the "Cat Cafe" feeding station was just below our balcany so everytime you went out on the balcany there was a very unpleasent essence of cats!!!!
Will not be recommending."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of September 2010

Hotels near Panorama Village & Hotel

Stayed at Panorama Village & Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Panorama Village & Hotel

• Peter Drummie by Peter Drummie

""Don't take any notice of the negative reviews" make your own mind up. "

• nataliejackson02 by nataliejackson02

"well welcoming local "

• nataliejackson02 by nataliejackson02

"peter the entertainer "

• cathpaul by cathpaul

"car to see the island and quad bikes to go into the mountains and remote beaches "

• Michelle S by Michelle S

"Best Restaurant - Acroplolis and Best Day out - Water City "

• snuggle by snuggle

"Agia Pelagia in our opinion is stunning "

• splodge by splodge

"great for young families "

• malcolm by malcolm

"go with open mind and you will like it "

• Sir Edmond. by Sir Edmond.

"It is not worth experiencing "

• Sophia by Sophia

"Hire a car of quad and see the village that way. "

• Happy traveller by Happy traveller

"Go with an open mind and enjoy "

• Gutted by Gutted

"Take plenty of money to eat out "

• Doting nanna by Doting nanna

"Having our bookings honoured would have helped tremendously! Better food - always the first on the list. "

• tony and gill by tony and gill

"enjoy your walk to the beach but get the bus back "

• Tracey cannon by Tracey cannon

"Take your own food and drink "

Panorama Village & Hotel is also called