PRESIDENT HOTEL

2022 reviews
Good

A bit under-whelmed...

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Our arrival at the hotel was met with approximately two words as a key was shoved at us sending us to our room. No help was available to help with heavy luggage that barely fit into the small elevators. Our room was clean and the bathroom was large. Air conditioning was present but with the hot weather we experienced was barely adequate. The television in the room did not work. Wake up calls did not work and dealing with staff always seemed like we were being a problem - not friendly at all. Location-wise it was positioned well with regards to metro stations, although is a long way out of town and away from a large selection of eateries. The hotel restaurant was OK, with breakfast offeeing an adequate selection, although dinner was not good with only a few dishes to choose from in the buffet which could easily have been sitting there for a week. If you are a non-smoker this is not the place for you because bar and restaurant are all smoke filled regardless of the time."

• Travel date: 19th June 2006

Hotel President very good live music ...and good price!!

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"I remained in Athens for certain works, the hotel does not have good breakfeast other has amazing live music from two amazing musicians the piano player is exceptional and very good keyboard player the singer it has a particular talent and a very very warm voice really very very good!. Seldom you meet such musicians even in very big hotels, it is a very good reason to visit again president hotel. In this hotel, the service in the bar is good as long as you are doubly in the bartender when you seat in table you wait for…you wait for…you wait for…and leave without you have ordered other , you leave full from music!!!"

• Travel date: 8th June 2006

Wins because of the location

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"First of all I want to tell that the Metro stations nearby the hotel are either Panormou od Ambelokipi (believe it or not but it took me several days to find it out on my own at the internet, since no map available with the hotel location shows the metro stations as well). The best with the hotel was the location, because the area never feels abandoned at evenings (as opposed to Plaka or the meat market area for instance) - so travelling alone, I always felt secure, and there was always a sense of real life going on even at evenings. Like the other review writers, I can`t give the hotel 4 stars, even if the cleaning was very good. I didn´t care so much for the old-fashioned look of the elevators or that the dining room looked like taken from the 1970´s, but what bothered me was that the attitude of the staff was not entirely "willing". It could have been easy for the hotel to obtain a schedule for metros going to the airport (they depart only every 30 min.), instead of telling me to look for it by myself down at the metro. In spite of 2 employees dressed in suits just standing by the entrance and doing nothing, nobody helped me with my heavy suitcase, not even with opening the glass entrance door, when I left. Finally, the breakfast, I guess it was all right but it was by no means a modern diet menu (for instance, only "artificial" juices, many pies but hardly any dark bread or fresh vegetables). Anyway, if someone wants to stay in an area where even a sole female tourist can walk around at any time, the Panormou/Ambelokipi-area is the right one to choose. That´s why I can consider to stay at the President hotel again next time I come to Athens, even if the hotel did not quite live up to the self-claimed 4 stars category."

• Travel date: 26th March 2006

Close but yet a bit far and safe.

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My girlfriends and I went to Greece to do some island hoping and left Athens for our last stop. It was our first time in Athens and we were recommended by a Greek friend to stay at the President Hotel as the price was good and the location, while still being close to the main attractions (close meaning by metro or taxi) was in a secure area since we were 3 young ladies by ourselves traveling. The hotel is situated in a nice residential area. Near by are some great restaurants and boutiques. You have to walk about 10 minutes to get to the nearest metro or get a taxi in front of the hotel. The staff is very pleasent and helpfull. The rooms are spacious and clean. The buffet breakfast was very good. Overall, the hotel was an average hotel. Nothing grand but it's a safe hotel and you would have a pleasant stay. The only thing is that I don't advise taking the tours the hotel has to offer from some of its partners. We did the Athens by night with a traditional Greek dinner and show, and it was a rip-off! I think it was 60 euro's per person and the food and show was aboslutely horrible...but that's not the hotels fault."

• Travel date: 12th March 2006

Nice hotel, Terrible location for tourists

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"This hotel itself was okay. The Airconditioning was not so good. The roof top pool is lovely-but clsoes at 630pm- jsut the time you want it after a long day sightseeing. Location is very residential. We would never have chosen this but got it for free when booking greek cruise. IT is way out of the sightseeing area of athens. If you want to walk out of your hotel into the Acropolis this is NOT the htoel for you. As it wasnt the hotel for us."

• Travel date: 11th July 2005

Great value

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"President Hotel has always been a favorite of business travellers and tourist groups, since it is conveniently located, offers great views and is one of the largest in Athens. The level of service had declined during the past few years, and the hotel lost a lot of its regular clientele. This hoowever has changed. After its renovation and change of management, President hotel now offers probably the best value for money at its range. I stayed at a 17th-floor room, and the view was breathtaking. Breakfast offers one of the widest selections I have seen anywhere, and staff is friendly and effective. It is an easy 10-min walk from the nearest metro station, so getting around is easy. Greatly recommended."

• Travel date: 7th July 2005

Great for us! (Summer, 2004)

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"We selected the President Hotel because of its easy access to the major routes to the airport and our out of Athens destinations by car. We were very pleased with our rooms and with the hotel lounge area and the excellent service of the staff. Breakfast buffet was very good. Nearby was a large supermarket, restaurants and typical neighborhood stores. Also on a major bus route if you want non-taxi access to downtown historical areas. Not within easy walking distance of downtown, but, perfect for our needs."

• Travel date: 25th January 2005

This room was ok.....good thing it was free

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"We stayed here in April and it was a free perk when we booked a cruise of the Greek Islands. This was one hotel of about 35 we stayed on a two month Europe trip. I guess what really bothered me about the place were the hundreds (literally) of high school students that pretty much took over the lobby, elevators and hallways. Also, the staff, having dealt with teenagers all day, were pretty rude to us (we are young, but just graduated college). The breakfast was gross because there was no non-smoking area. We only stayed one night and I agree that it is not four start.....but nice for Athens."

• Travel date: 16th June 2004

The best value for money 4-star in Athens

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"We had heard a lot of bad reviews about this hotel, both locally and even here on TripAdvisor. A lot of people we knew actually left the hotel halfway during their stay. What convinced us to give it a try was a hint we found on the Net that the management has changed, and we were thrilled to find an excellent hotel. We were given a room on the 10th floor with an incredible view across Athens (which by the way was not smoggy at all, as we had been told by previous visitors) right up to the surrounding hills. The room was spotless, very comfy, complete with armchairs, a desk and a very spacious marble bathroom. Breakfast was good enough and the staff were very cooperative and courteous. It is not located close to the other clusters of hotels (around Syntagma or Omonia) but it's a only a short bus/metro ride into the centre. I would definitely recommend this hotel and Bravo! to the new management."

• Travel date: 18th May 2004

Not 4-star

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We booked this hotel on the Internet. We thought booking hotels was like here in the U.S., where you might be able to sometimes book a 4-star hotel at an attractive price. When we arrived and entered our room, we were dismayed. An average Motel 6 had much better facilities than this place. The hotel was run down, despite its claim that it was recently renovated. The hotel staff put up no resistance when we asked for a refund (probably because this was not uncommon). We promptly went to a real 4-star hotel near the Acropolis. The extra $30-35 a night was well worth it."

• Travel date: 15th August 2003