About nhow Marseille

• pets allowed
  • rooftop bar

Good

Beautiful view and spacious room

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"The views were unbeatable and the bed and pillows were so luxuriously soft. In addition, the staff were very helpful. We were robbed in Marseille (having gotten lost in a bad part of town) before we got to the hotel. The concierge helped me get an international operator and allowed me call the states on the phone in the lobby. They also helped advise us on filing a police report and getting to the consulate. They also gave us a great tip on an inexpensive but excellent seafood restaurant in Vieux Port (Le Fetiche). Also, there is parking on the premises.
I will say that I agree with the reviewer who said that the location left something to be desired if you want to walk around the area and that there are no cozy common spaces. Nevertheless, the room was plenty cozy enough for us and I've seldom been in a place with such views."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

Nice Place

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"I found the Sofitel Palm Beach to be an excellent location. It is a very elegant hotel, and the food is world class. The sea views are outstanding, and the rooms themselves are very spacious, well designed, and user-friendly.

The only almost bad experience was on check-in. I had reserved a sea view room for 2 evenings. Upon check-in, I was assigned to a room that was a corner room and had a tiny view of the bay adjacent to the hotel, and a cement wall on the other side. This was completely unacceptable. I complained, and they graciously accommodated me with something more in line with what I had in mind.

It is definitely not a spa-like hotel. The pool closes at 8 p.m., as does the hot tub, and the massage/beauty services are only available from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of August 2006

Excellent Design Hotel

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"Stayed at the hotel for only 1 night last July and found it excellent. Public areas are very well designed and airy with Starkt-ype furniture and the hotel blends perfectly with its enviroment. Rooms, though not very spacious, are nicely decorated and offer spectacular views over the Prado Bay. Staff is efficient. Having stayed earlier at Marseille the same month, i didnt need a location near the Vieux Port, so it was a nice change. You will many restaurants nearby and the are is one of the most upscale in Marseille. If it's not our first time in the city, or if you have a car, this is a nice resort-like hotel."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of April 2006

Expecting too much?

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"I can't help feeling other reviewers have seen this place through rose-tinted spectacles. Yes, this is a pleasant modern hotel, where the stand-out attraction is the friendly staff. And, yes, it has a pleasant location by the sea. But it's far from the Vieux Port (which is the focal point of the city), and you need to take a cab (or bus) every time you want to go anywhere. Out of season, the hotel's public areas are dominated by its vast and featureless event spaces, which contrive to impart a rather 'flat' feeling. When the Mistral is blowing - throughout our 3-day stay - the swimming pool is closed, and there are neither any impressive leisure facilities (gym rudimentary, for example) nor anywhere cosy to curl up with a book."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

Stunning views and sunsets

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"This is one of my very favorite hotels. I have stayed here several times and am thrilled to return every time. The hotel is very modern with large windows opening onto the meditterranean. Most rooms have a balcony which we use often to view the stunning sunsets. The hotel is backs up to a cliff below street level. The lobby is on the top of the hotel and the rooms are below. It feels very exclusive and isolated even though you are in the city. We often eat in the restaurant which has an excellent dinner. The bar is a nice place to relax and the natural spring water swimming pool is nice durning the summer. Service has always been outstanding except at times when we have had to wait a bit to get someone out to the car for the luggage. Be sure to check out my photos of the hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 20th of March 2005

One of the best hotel in Marseille

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"My boyfriend and I had spent one night at the Sofitel Palm Beach and it was such a very nice place. Shame, we only stayed 1 night, but we will come back for sure.

The lobby is on the top floor, with floor to ceiling windows over looking the sea, amazing view. The floral decoration in this hotel are amazing, well done to the florist, it's the most beautiful bouquet I ever seen.

The staff were very professional, very polite and helpful.

All the rooms are overlooking the sea and the hotel's swimming pool which is fill up by it's own hot spring water inside the hotel!

The room are very modern and very well decorated. Very well maintained. We ever had a surprise waiting for us when we came back late at night. The room was turn down, as you expected in this sort of hotel, but we had some local sweets on the bedside table and a small bottle of Hermes Perfume and box of chocolates!! The bed were the most comfortable, I ever slept in.

In the morning we end up on the terrace to have an alfresco breakfast. The staff are very welcoming and the buffet is huge!!! Food all over the room, it's hard to choose.

So make you a treat and stay there. It's a little paradise, and I recommend every one to stay there if you go to Marseille. In the future I will definately consider to stay in Sofitel Chain."

• Travel date: Sat 15th of January 2005

Fabulous weekend

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"I saw a picture of the poolside and fell in love. I wondered if the real thing was as good, so off I popped for a long weekend. Well, how happy was I when I arrived at this fabulously re-designed hotel and found that my room overlooked the beautiful bay and the poolside was exactly like the picture. How often are you that lucky?!!

If you stay there do wonder around the hotel and discover the rockface with the mineral water fountaining down it just beyond the bar. Sit in the chairs - all of them just to try sitting on art....

I could gush on for ever but that might begin to make you (dear reader) a bit nauseus.

This is a great hotel if you want a quiet break on your own, with a loved one or a best friend. If you want to stay somewhere that has few other holiday makers - just the French - then this is for you.

Oh and check out the on site diving school."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of October 2004

Sofitel Palm Beach

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"The setting is beautiful; overlooking the Meditteranean Sea with a marina next door and lovely coastline. The hotel is very modern. You enter on the 3rd floor and descend to the guest rooms below and the restaurant and pool almost at the sea level. The common areas are spacious and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was fabulous. We spent a long time eating, reading the complimentary newspapers and lingering over breakfast. The hotel is about 3 miles from the center of town so it is calm and quiet. Several blocks away are a bunch of informal, restaurants so it's an easy walk to dinner if you don't feel like heading into the city."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of January 2004