Lovely place to stay!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"The hotel was recommended to us by friends.
Lovely hotel: the newly renovated rooms are very pleasant, the views are spectacular, the food is excellent and everybody is friendly. Great value!"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of January 2008

Not quite like the picture!

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"Some artistic license has been used in marketing this hotel. Small rooms that themselves were OK but the hotel is a very old and has only had a superficial renovation. The staff were not friendly and even though the view is beautiful I would not recommend staying here. We were booked to stay for two nights but could only face staying here for one night!"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of October 2007

Great views but that is all !!

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"I visited the hotel in April 2007 during a holiday for my 30th birthday. I was shown beautiful newly renovated rooms and so decided to use that as the hotel to stay in for my wedding in September 2007. I booked 10 rooms and was disgusted by the level of the rooms and service. The hotel although had shown me renovated rooms tried to put me and my guests in old tatty rooms some of which had obviously been used by smokers. The lady on reception was extremely hostile and made a point of ignoring me and my guests by the end of our stay. She even tried to blame noise from other guests on me and my guests. The rooms are extremely over priced and breakfast for 15 euros is a joke. There are some extremely pleasant members of staff there but it is let down by the lady on reception, the state of the rooms and the fact that you are made to wait when you arrive. Some of our rooms were not ready until 230pm. Trying to get anything done about your concerns requires a huge amount of patience. My wedding was wonderful but I wish that I had not stayed at this hotel and would never recommend it to anyone. I would go so far as to say avoid it at all costs !!!"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of September 2007

Do not stay at this hotel

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and should have learnt fro our first expirience. We booked direct some 4 weeks before our visit. The staff at this hotel, accept for the man in the breakfast room, are particually unhelpfull and whilst all speak good english suddenly forget how to when you have an issue or complaint. Our problem was that we where alloted a room on the 4th floor the same as swimming pool where there is a constent humm from the electric machinery. When we challenged reception they denined any noise, even though we invited them to listen to it, and refused to give us an alternative. So a very uncomfortable, interupted night was spent. Promises where made to refer the matter to the owner but this did not happen.
This hotel has a fantastic location and the potential to be something special however the owners have taken the lazy option of bad service, pretentious food and sullen staff whilst charging top prices. Please take my recommendation and DO NOT STAY THERE you will be dissapointed."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of August 2006

Nice

Reviewed Sat 29th of December 2012

"Yes, the walls are paperthin and the staff somewhat sleepy but every room
has balcony with a fantastic view over the bay and so has the restaurant
which is pretty good. The poolarea is very nice. The 5 minutes walk to the
beautiful harbour is only refreshing. once there eat at cosmo or fille de pecheur."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of December 2004

Hotels near Hotel le Versailles

Hotel le Versailles is also called

• Hotel Le Versailles Villefranche Sur Mer
  • Hotel Versailles Villefranche Sur Mer
  • Versailles Hotel Villefranche Sur Mer

Similar hotels around Hotel le Versailles

Good
    Hotel Royal-Riviera St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
    Good
    Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
    Good
    Hotel Villa Les Cygnes Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
    Good
    Welcome Hotel Villefranche-sur-Mer, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
    Good
    Nice Garden Hotel Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
    Good
    Hyatt Regency Nice Palais de la... Nice, French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur