50th birthday

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"we stayed at the nice garden hotel for my 50th birthday, marion and her family really made our holiday one to remember. she could not do enough to make our stay a memory. On the day of my birthday we brought back a bottle of champagne, and marion supplied the flutes and we celebrated in style in her beautiful garden. this hotel is comfortable and friendly."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

A little gem

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"I took my 11 year old Niece to Nice as a treat as she has never been abroad before. I am now seriously worried that she has been spoiled for future trips!! She may get bigger, flashier rooms in other destinations but I feel that the warmth & hospitality shown by Marion & her family will be extremely hard to match anywhere else. I will be returning."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

Excellent service!

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Marion and to your great mom please allow me to thank both of you for your excellent and a very professional service! Even we didnt book before we came you make sure that we could stayed at your hotel and my son was very sattisfiesd how your mom solve a room for him!

This is our second time we stayed at Nice Garden hotel (first time was last summer 2006) and we just loved it. I didnt know that possible to stayed in the middle of the city, close to the beach and train station with fabulous garden. Inside of Nice garden hotel is quiet and peaceful while we ate our breakfast.

Once again Marion, Thank you very much and hope to see you again and your mom!

best regards,
Susana, Bo and Viktor Sandstrom of Sweden"

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

NICE GARDEN HOTEL IS GREAT

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Wonderful experience! My husband and I stayed here 2 nights in in a superior room in May and we loved it! Had a wonderful breakfast in the garden while Marion and her family happily made sure we were ok.
Perfect location! 2 minute walk from the beach and old town. 10 min to the train, couldn't have asked for better!
Much better accommodation and service than most hotels we ever stayed at!
There was no fridge in our room but that's a small price to pay!
We will definately stay there next time we go to Nice!"

• Travel date: Thu 19th of July 2007

Good budget hotel

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"This is a good, clean budget hotel in a very good location--a few blocks from the sea and the newer tourist area of restaurant and cafes. Marion and her family are helpful and friendly. There is a small beautiful garden attached. However, the rooms are basic. The towels and bedding are worn and scratchy, and the tv has only a few basic channels. You will not want to linger in the room. Like Red Roof Inn and Motel 6, this is a good choice for people on a budget who value location over pampered comfort. Note that the breakfast was not included in our hotels.com rate, which we did not realize unitl check-out. Also, we received no discount through hotels.com, just the standard rack rate."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of July 2007

Nice in the Nice Garden Hotel

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Well, the previous reviews say it all - the Nice Garden Hotel is a gem! My Mum and I stayed here for a week at the beginning of June before travelling into Italy. The location is fantastic and only a few minutes from the pedestrian shopping/eating area and the sea. About 15 mins to the train station and about 10 mins to the airport shuttle bus stop. Marion (the owner) and her family were extremely friendly and could not do enough to help. We arrived at about 10.30 am and she greeted us with a cold drink until our room was ready - about an hour later. Usually hotels don't let you check in until 2pm!
Make no mistake, the Nice Garden Hotel is a small, simple, clean B&B with a very pretty garden. If you are expecting room service, satellite tv, mini bars and power showers you will be sadly disappointed. However, what differentiates the Nice Garden Hotel from others is the friendly home from home style and the very convienient location.
We will certainly be staying here the next time we visit Nice."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2007

Marion the perfect hotelier

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Really nothing to add to all the postings praising this small, special hotel - which is really a guest house with warm and friendly people, headed by Marion, the proprietor.

First appearances can be deceptive though - the entrance from the street and the lobby to the building itself are very much on the "authentic" side and pressing the hotel buzzer for the first time we wondered what we had let ourselves in for. As others have noted the rooms do vary from being compact to big and airy and the facilties within the room are fine but basic (no fridge) but air conditioning, and telephone.

The big plus is Marion who is charmingly helpful and her much-loved garden which it is hard to believe that she and her parents created in just 18months since she took over the hotel.

When we stayed there a young work experience girl was also helping who was so helpful together with Marion's daughter - a real family business and the atmosphere was quite different to the normal hotel. . You felt able to bring back lunch and dinner to eat in the garden and plates, glasses, cutlery were instantly produced as if they were entertaining friends.

Highlighting unusual places to stay like the Nice Garden Hotel is the strength of Tripadvisor and its legion of correspondents and so far it has found little gems for us in Barcelona, Rome and now Nice."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of July 2007

Service witha smile!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We just returned from a two-night stay at this hotel. We chose it because of the reviews on trip advisor. We were greeted by Marion the
owner who was committed to ensuring that we had a lovely stay. The room we had was room 1 which was on the ground floor, I was a little worried about the noise aspect as the hotel is off a busy road, but due to the double glazing, I slept well! It was very peaceful. The room was basic, but clean and spacious. Our room lead straight into the garden, a lovely location. The service was superb, the hotel did not sell wine, and so we bought our own bottle of wine to enjoy in the garden. Within a few minutes Marion's mother (without us asking) bought us two glasses and some ice.

The next day, after returning to our room after a day out, there were glasses on the table in our room alongside a fresh rose. (lovely thought!)

Breakfast was a buffet style with cold meats and cheese, along with home made yogurt cake and home made marmalade grown from the orange tree in the garden.

Anna (Marion's daughter) was lovely; she chatted to us and made us feel very welcome. There was never a feeling that the family were intrusive, just very keen to make sure that we were enjoying our stay.

This is not a 5 star hotel, and does not pretend to be. If you want an impersonal service in another faceless hotel, I am sure there are many out there in Nice. If you want a friendly smile and personal service, and where nothing is too much trouble, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Thank you so much, Marion, Anna and Marion’s Mother and Father for making our stay so enjoyable."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of July 2007

Just perfect!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"There are lots of reviews about this hotel and I have to agree - what a lovely place to stay! My Mum and I stayed here for a week at the end of May/beginning of June when we went to Monaco Grand Prix. It is in the perfect location of being a few minutes from the sea, 10 minutes from the train station and just one street up from the main shopping area. Marion and her family were extremely friendly and could not do enough to help.
The rooms were simple, very clean and tidy and ours had a view of the garden which was just lovely - a perfect place for having breakfast in the morning sun or reading under the trees. We even had marmalade made by Marions Mum from the oranges off the tree in the garden!
There is wireless internet and a door code so you can come and go as you please.
If you want a lovely family hotel in a convienient location in Nice, this is for you!"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of June 2007

Loved this hotel

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed here for three nights, and we agree with the postitive reviews. This is not a luxury hotel, as Marion would like everyone to be aware. It is a simple, clean, charming, well-located hotel with a beautiful garden for enjoying breakfast and conversation with the hosts and your fellow-travellers. What raises the experience well above the ordinary is the warm hospitality of Marion and her family. Our experience of Nice was enhanced, and we really enjoyed staying here because of them. We would return in a heartbeat. The location is also excellent - several blocks from the beach, the flower market, and the pedestrian area of Nice. There are some small rooms, and the larger rooms are well worth the small extra premium, if you like a bit of space. All in all it was very pleasant to stay here."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of June 2007