NH Nice

2-4 Parvis de l'Europe, 06300 Nice France

Good

Value for money, good location to travel around Nice

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"NH Nice seems just recently being bought by the Spanish hotel chain. Rooms are newly refurbished with big, super-comfy beds, minimalist, cool style. Beautiful walls paper, matched mattresses, NO carpets (this is what I like the most) and flat TV screens. Size is above average for an standard room. There are plenty of wardrobes and space to keep your stuff. Only the bathrooms didn't seem renovated and looked like belonging to some other place, 15 years ago. Everything is spotless clean. Breakfast is average, better continental than English choices. Location is perfect if you are travelling around Nice, as flight over to airport, tunnel to motorway and direct access (also by tunnel) to the beach is nearby. If you don't have a car, the old city is about 10 min walk and the "Promenade Anglers" (seafront) around 15. Only small piece of advice: the staff needs a little bit of more experience and training."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of March 2009

Not what I hoped for...

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"I recently attended a conference in Nice and reserved this hotel because it was the recommended by the conference organizers. The reservation staff was very helpful when I had to change my reservation due to a slight change in my dates. The hotel literature states that it is across the street from the Acropolis, but it turned out to be a couple of blocks away from the Acropolis Conference Center. So much for paying for the convenience. The breakfast was indeed expensive (as mentioned by another reviewer), but it was very good -- offering everything from soft-boiled eggs and bacon to yogurt, fruit and muesli to baguettes and pastries. I ordered room service one night (a salad). It was reasonably priced and delicious and came with two baguettes. The hotel is convenient to the old section of Nice and the tram.

So why didn't I give this hotel a higher rating? Three problems: First the front desk staff seemed bothered by every request or question. At check-out they tried to charge me for 6 nights even though 3 were pre-paid. I don't speak much French and the fellow at the desk didn't speak much English, so it took a bit to get it straight. My second concern was the room itself. Although it was roomy, bright and clean, it wasn't comfortable. Two ultra-modern chairs, without backs, offered little in the way of seating. The floors were bare wood (unusual) and the bed was on wheels. As comfortable as the bed was, if I tried to lean against the wall the bed would roll out from under me. Very annoying! There was no way to lock the wheels. After a long day at a meeting I like to relax for a bit. It was not a comfortable space, except for sleeping. Third problem - construction! The staff said it was on the 6th floor, but it sounded like it was next door to my room on the 2nd floor. It was very loud and nerve-shattering if I was in my room during the day."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of February 2009

Bad

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"Hotel was clean. Rooms were dated. Gym is very poor. Breakfast a rip off at 23 euros. No tea or coffee in rooms. Refurbishment going on in hotel. Woken up at 8.30 with banging twice. Was moved to sixth floor and could still hear workers.

This is not a 4* hotel. I have seen much better 3*."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of November 2008

Great Tram Links

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"The Hotel is only a few yards from the tramline, which takes you right into the centre of the town, it is also easy to get to the Old town, The Rooms are fine, but not luxurious, Pool on the roof is nice. Residents tend not to use the facilities much. Staff were efficient and multi lingual, I would definately consider staying again,"

• Travel date: Mon 27th of October 2008

Great Stay - Loved this place!

Reviewed Mon 17th of December 2012

"I stayed in this property for a weekend break at the beginning of October - having reviewed some of the comments on this site I was a little apprehensive but I shouldn't have been.

We got a taxi from the airport and it took only 15 mins to get to the hotel - approx €35. The exterior of the hotel does look a little dated but as soon as you walk through the door, that changes.

We were met by really friendly and helpful staff, we were very early for check-in and although we weren't expecting to check in till mid afternoon the check-in clerk checked with house-keeping and confirmed our room would be available by 1 pm - she did this with no prompt from us. We were relieved of our bags a map given and directions and information about the tram and the old town exchanged - all this took about 10 mins - Excellent service.

On our return we were met by Jeremy (the Manager on duty at the time) who again offered us a friendly and personal welcome to the hotel, our room was available as promised.

The room itself was a great size and although there were notices around that all rooms were being re decorated our decor was great - not ultra modern but spotlessly clean, rich and plush. The bed was one of the comfiest I ever experienced in a hotel and the linen / towels and robes really good quality.

I loved the fact that the excellent and extensive breakfast was served till late and again the service was excellent.

A couple of people mentioned that the hotel is outside Nice but we took the tram a couple of times - €1 each way and takes literally 3 mins to get to the Old town. A walk back late at night took only 10-15 mins, so no distance in my opinion and we felt as safe as houses!

We did use the pool area but didn't venture into the water - those that did confirmed what others have written here - that it was cold but then again it is October!

I can only offer 1 word of warning - we ordered a taxi back to the airport early on the Monday morning and waited over 20 mins for it to arrive - I appreciate this is not the hotel's fault but one to be aware off.

All in all I couldn't fault the hotel - everything was great - I would highly recommend it."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of October 2008

City Break

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"My wife and I spent 3 nights at NH Nice which had been recommended to us by our airline , easyJet.. We were very pleased with the hotel. Our room (standard) was good and the food in the restaurant was great. We both thought that the staff, particularly in Reception, were excellent. Whilst the hotel is quite a walk from the beach, the trams outside the hotel go past the Old Town and quite near to the beach. Recommended."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of September 2008

Comfortable and bright

Reviewed Tue 4th of December 2012

"I stayed at the NH while attending a conference at the nearby Acropolis congress center. It looks like the hotel was redecorated 10or 15 years ago so the color scheme may not appeal to everyone, but it is obviously well maintained and does not have that worn and battered look of so many properties. The staff were exceptionally helpful and unusually friendly by local standards. The room was clean, comfortable and reasonably sized. The only negative was the noise made by a bunch of Japanese guys having a late-night poker party in the next room. Would definitely stay again and recommend the property to others."

• Travel date: Sun 8th of June 2008

Great Stay

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"We stayed at the NH Hotel Nice (formely Sofitel) in August 2007.
Staff at the reception were very friendly, particularly a girl called Souad, she was very much helpful and very friendly! Hats off and Bravo to Souad!
The hotel is located at 15 minutes walk from the old town and beach. But there is a bus in front of the hotel, so you can catch it for 1.30Euros (one way).
There are major road works in Nice, as they are installing their new Tramway system.
So it may be a bit tricky to walk!

Hotel rooms are good size, good bathroom, toilet separated from bathroom. Minibar facility in the room.
Breakfast in the morning was good, many variety.
Rooftop swimming pool was good, great panoramic view over Nice. There is also a small fitness room + sauna.
Promenade des Anglais, Old city and panoramic veiews from "Le chateau" are a must see in Nice.
We also went to a restaurant called "Le grand bleu" in Old City, very friendly great seafood restaurant. Service at the restaurant was great!"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of September 2007

Poor Service

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"This hotel used to be the Sofitel and we booked it as such on the Accor website. We have stayed here previously when it was a fairly good experience, however since it changed to the NH Hotel the service seems very poor. From the moment we got there we had problems. The rooms were not ready an hour after check-in time so we went away for two hours. On return, one room ready but they gave us standard rooms when we booked superior rooms. They moved us when we showed them the booking form. (Also no parking left...book in advance, although public car parks 50m away) When we rang 24 hr room service at 2am they said we could only have espresso coffee with no milk as they were closing! On most occasions ringing room service got no reply...had to ring reception. The extras on the TV menu did not work so none of the advertised films or clock/alarm set available. The bar was closed early every evening when it was supposed to be open until midnight. Breakfast was a shambles. Buffet breakfast was ok after day two but no bowls, no plates, no cups, no coffee etc. on first two mornings...constantly having to ask for things. The manager did say that 4 staff had called in sick and was very apologetic. She also said they had some training problems at the moment. The stay was in contrast to our previous stay. We will not stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2007

so-so Sofitel

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"Stayed at this hotel (now bought over by NH Hotels) for 3 nights in June 2007 while attending a conference at the Acropolis center which is only across the road. The exterior and lobby are definitely not of the usual Sofitel standard and would be of 3 star quality. The standard room is ok in size with comfortable beds. The carpet is a little worn but the room is clean. The shower has the weakest jet I've ever experienced in a hotel! Was woken up by housekeeping staff at 8.30 am one morning. Did not eat at the hotel at all so can't comment on the dining. The old town (Vielle Ville) is only a short walk away and the shopping area is also only a 20 minute walk away. The one word I would use about this hotel is that it's adequate."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of June 2007

Hotels near NH Nice

Stayed at NH Nice? Share your insight.

NH Nice is also called