Hotel Windsor Nice

11 rue Dalpozzo, 06000 Nice France

A peaceful haven

"Having had a very pleasant 3 days there last Autumn, we again stayed at the Windsor Hotel, in the course of a July summer break on the Riviera - it was so good that having moved on to another hotel in Antibes, we quickly came back to the Windsor!!
It is friendly, unpretentious and excellently located. The breakfasts are very French but lovely, and are eaten in the garden. Dinner looked good too, but we were seduced by other restaurants in the Old Town.
The swimming pool is very welcome and much used. The rooms are quirky and interesting; it is worth upgrading to the larger rooms for their size, amenities and the views, but in truth all are good. Whether you want to stay for one night or longer the Winsor is an excellent choice in a pricy city."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of July 2005

I just loved it

"I had a very romantic room (Istanbul) with design bathroom.
Just stay in the garden, listen to birds, incredible !
Exceptionnal Staff ! Go there and enjoy !"

• Travel date: Sat 16th of July 2005

Not good value

"My fiance and I decided to stay at this hotel based on a recommendation in Frommer's. We found the public areas of the hotel, including the garden and pool simply delightful. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and we enjoyed a delicious dinner in the garden amongst the tropical plants and birds.
However, we thought that the room was overpriced for what we got, compared to other small hotels we had stayed in both in Paris and while travelling the countryside of France. The room we had, a superior room, #236 (Venice) was rather stark for a 3 star hotel, and it did not even have a hair dryer in the bathroom, which was in need of some sprucing up. The windows have not been soundproofed, therefore you can hear street noise and conversations from the garden below! We had thought that because we were overlooking the garden we would have a relatively quiet location......wrong! It is rather unusual for a hotel of this calibre not to have invested in updating their windows.
The air conditioning did not work properly. I would not want to stay there during a heat wave. This problem may have been particular to just this room.
We tried to check out the fitness area, but there was a private business meeting going on in there so we were unable to even have a look. I guess they use this area as a conference room.
The breakfast was "buffet" style...... but it was pretty meagre for what we paid.
The staff also allowed us have a late check-out because our train back to Paris did not leave until 1:30. The hotel's location to both the airport and train station is very convenient, but there is no parking. We used a public lot located about 3 blocks away.
We would recommend this hotel as long as you are aware that it is noisy, and the breakfast is not very abundant."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of July 2005

Charming

Good

"We stayed in a "superior" room. The room opened on the beautiful garden. It was absolutely quiet. A huge original painting covered an entire wall. The bathroom was ultra-modern. Other great features included breakfast in the garden, free Wi-Fi, and a free Internet computer next to the lobby."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of June 2005

excellent hotel,staff & location

"Stayed for a long weekend in May with my girlfriend. I selected this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews and I have to say - I was pleased that I got what I expected !. Good location - relatively quiet part of Nice - walking distance to the promenade & night-life quarter.Having walked around Nice and seen the locations of the other hotels - glad I picked the Windsor.

Staff were very helpful & pleasant.I had requested one of the themed rooms - the room was dedicated to a Fench boxer from the 50s/60s - it was charming and different - groovy "black" tiled shower-room/toilet.
The bedroom overlooked the tropical courtyard - where we had a nice continental breakfast each morning.

The hotel is 15-20 mins walk to the train station - and if you want to travel arounf the Riveria - THE TRAINS ARE EXCELLENT - Monte Carlo is only 30 mins by train to the east - and is a VERY scenic route, while Cannes is 30 mins west. We went to both and were lucky to have the Film Festival on in Cannes, while in Monte carlo - they were seting up for the Grand Prix race.

I will definately be going back to Nice & I will definately stay in the Windsor again - only for a week insead of a weekend next time!."

• Travel date: Wed 15th of June 2005

Better than expected

Good

"We recently returned from a week in Nice, staying at The Windsor Hotel. Not only were the staff wonderfully pleasant but the hotel was lovely. Breakfast was served in the garden every morning sheltered from the sun by the beautiful foliage, although if breakfast had not been included we would not have paid the €10 cost.

We had a standard room on the second floor overlooking the street, which meant we had a lovely sunny spot in the early evening to catch the last few rays of the day. The room was lovely and clean and the bathroom was small but functional with a fabulous shower, although some days the bed linen did look a little marked.

The hotel is about 5 minutes from the sea front and about 12 minutes from the Old Town. There are also some fabulous restaurants between the hotel and the Old Town, so you can stop off along the way but it's no distance at all.

Didn’t really notice all the noise at night that people have complained about, but we may just be used to city noises than others. This hotel oozes charm, the bar is super funky, and the reception area is gorgeous. Do not miss this hotel. We will definitely go back to The Windsor when we are in Nice again.

I was unsure how good this hotel was going to be due to the mixed reviews on the Trip Advisor website but it proved to be a lot better than expected."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of June 2005

Interesting rooms in need of some maintenance!!!

"We just came back from a 3-night stay in Nice's Windsor Hotel. The hotel is in a decent location, just a few blocks from the beach. It is quite a stroll, however, from restaurants and the promenade.

Our standard room was on the 4th floor overlooking the street. Although unique, the room was in serious need of some maintenance. Everything was REALLY old! The carpet, although clean of soil, was so worn out and stained that I tried avoiding touching it with my feet at any cost. The shelves in the wardrobe were very worn out and I couldn't even think of putting away my clothes. The bathroom was very small and the light didn't work. The fixtures were also quite old and rusting. The AC unit was at least 30 years old (could be more) and made some serious noise. We had a dilemma weather to keep the window open and hear the noisy street or to run the AC and deal with its growling. Next time in Nice I would definitely dish out a few more $$ and stay at one of the more prominent and newer hotels."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of May 2005

Funky Lift

"We arrived in Nice on a 10 o'clock flight, expecting to check in asap. Unfortunately, check in is at 2pm, however they arranged a room for us for 12:30pm, so we didn't find ourselves wandering the streets too long. The lift is pretty cool, with a rocket style countdown to your floor. We had a standard room (105 euros) on the street side of the building - very noisy at night with scooters and some sort of road jetwash in the early hours of the morning. The room itself was pleasant, comfortable bed, tv. The bathroom was compact and the slatted wooden door to the room didn't allow for much modesty. The shower was good though and both room/bathroom were clean. The breakfasts fairly standard continental fare, but pricey at 10 euros each; we opted to go to cafes after the first morning. The staff were friendly and spoke English well. Although they don't have they're own private section of beach, you can get tickets from the hotel for a discount at the Sporting Plage, if you ask. The bus stop to the airport is not far, a 5 minute walk, you want bus no. 98, and at 3.50 euros cheaper than a taxi! We would probably try the hotel down the road (Les Cigales) next time, as we liked the area but the night street noise at the Windsor was too much."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of May 2005

OK experience, but will upgrade next time

Good

"We stayed a single night at the Hotel Windsor in a "standard" room. Plusses: large, comfortable bed; TV; sleek (if slightly faded) appointments; very helpful staff (we speak French, but they appeared to be English-speaking as well); great water pressure. Minuses: our room faced on the street, so we were treated to loud scooter noise all night; the bathroom was oddly designed, with folding doors separating the toilet/bidet/shower from the sink area, which meant that my tall (6'3'') husband was uncomfortable; and the shower enclosure was poorly separated from the rest of the "room," so despite our best efforts, we got water all over the floor. We would stay again b/c the price was good for Nice, the staff was friendly, the room was basically OK, and we were lucky enough to find on-street parking a short distance away (which the staff were kind enough to recommend we do), but upgrading to a deluxe room might be a good idea."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of April 2005

Interesting and cosy

"Stayed for 2 nights in April. Located 2 blocks from Promenade des Anglais and is in what I consider a cosy and quiet location, and you can easily walk to the promenade and also the Old Town (Vieille Ville).

It has an artistic theme in each room and I found the room I was in extremely comfortable. I was also happy with the bathroom. Essentially, this is a good, comfortable hotel with the bonus of an interesting theme.

It also has quite a nice attic which contains a relaxation area (with mattresses and magazines) together with some very basic gym equipment. The massage rooms are also situated in the attic.

The staff spoke English very well and were extremely professional through my stay.

The pool does not seem quite ready for use yet (they're doing some works to it at the moment) but once completed would be quite a nice and relaxing area to chill and/or have breakfast.

Also had dinner one night in the restaurant which was quite good.

Probably not worth 100 euro a night (since I was able to stay in a Chateau in the Loire Valley later that week for about 75 euro a night), but that's not taking into account the market rate for hotels in Nice.

And parking is extra (they only have 3 spots and unless you know where it is, you're likely to drive past it and not know where to put your car while you check in, so find out in advance), and so is breakfast (I did not have breakfast since I think breakfasts in hotels are unjustifiably expensive - usually minimum of 10 euro for very basic stuff).

My rating for average would mean at least comfortable and clean accomodation and friendly staff. I've given this hotel above average because of its unique "artistic" theme."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of April 2005

Delightful hotel, quiet area but easy access to centre

"Clean, comfortable hotel We had a double room with very comfortable bed and an excellent shower. Room overlooked street but traffic noise did not disturb us, even with window open. Enjoyed decor of room and rocket assisted elevator Staff friendly and helpful Room maintenance first class. We enjoyed the garden. Would highly recommend Hotel Windsor."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of May 2015

Hotels near Hotel Windsor Nice

Stayed at Hotel Windsor Nice? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Hotel Windsor Nice

• iris roberts by iris roberts

"Tain travel along the coast extremely good value "

Hotel Windsor Nice is also called