About Hotel Florence Nice

• baggage storage
  • breakfast in the room
  • car hire
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • french amenities
  • italian amenities
  • newspaper
  • paid public parking nearby
  • spanish amenities
  • private beach

Good

Will be staying again, highly recommended.

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"My wife and I stayed for 6 nights at the beginning of September. We booked with Travelocity and got an EXCELLENT deal. Return Eurostar from London, TGV (french bullet train) and hotel for about £350 - £400 per person).

This was our first stay at this hotel and we were not dissapointed. I'm usually quite good at spotting problems but this hotel really did please me and my wife, the rooms are VERY clean with very efficient aircon (it's still very hot in early Sept), the general decor in the hotel is new and modern and the reception staff are very efficient and friendly (with super English). Oh OK 1 minor gripe is that the lift is very small, but this isn't a huge issue if you're able bodied as the hotel is only 4 or 5 storeys and an easy walk using the stairs (if the lift is full)

It's in a good location, just a short pleasant 5-10 min walk to the beach via a main shopping street (the brand new tramway should be opening in mid Sept so this might be a fun option to get to the beach).

We plan to take my wife's parents to Nice next summer and are planning on staying here again

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED"

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

Good value

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"the location is excellent with easy access to everything. The hotel is not fancy but clean and well organised. Our room had a view to the back although I mentioned in my booking that I wanted a room to the street. It did'nt matter much though but the backyard is not a great view.

The room was very small and the bathroom even smaller, almost impossible to sit on the toilet normally. But it was clean and functional, hot water was no problem. There was an empty fridge (you could fill up with beer).

The breakfast is recommended, 9,50 euro is not very expensive (though not a bargain) compared to eating out and there is a lot to choose from (with French tourist standard but of course not like a business hotel...). Coffee is good considered it is machine made, the juice is watery and you boil the eggs yourself.

Management was kind and welcoming."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of September 2007

nice hotel

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"This hotel is located approx halfway between the beach (just under 10 mins walk from the hotel) and the train station. It is close to the main shopping street (less than 1min walk) and located on a quiet street.
Rooms were small but clean and comfortable.

The hotel offers internet on you room TV for a fee (8 euro for 24hrs if i recall correctly..) but i would not bother with this because the quality was quite poor. The keyboard was not always responsive (we swapped our keyboard twice AND changed the batteries in it) and it was difficult to see what you were typing because the tet came up on the screen quite small and blurry.

You can also pay extra for breakfast (10 euro per person) we just bought ours at a bakery down the road because it was cheaper.

Overall, a good spot to stay in Nice if you can't afford to stay closer to the beach."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

Great location and awesome weather!!

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"My girlfriend and I stayed here for three nights in July '07 and loved every second of it!

The hotel is situated on a street off the main shopping parade, and although the room was a bit small, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar and breakfast room were fine, but we ate out for all meals.............which has got to be the way to go with so many restaurants with quality food in the city (having said that, the breakfast at the Hotel looked good in passing)!!

They are just putting in a Tram line through the main route of the city, which is due for completion by the end of Oct '07, so there is quite a lot of work going on at the moment!!

The hotel is in a fantastic location, just down from the Nice Ville train/bus station (4 Euros per person on the bus into the city from the airport) and about a 10 minute walk to the Promenade Des Anglais!!

Nice itself is stunning, and you have got to go on the 'Petit Train Tour' (from the Promenade) and visit the Hotel Negresco! Also, get the train to Monaco/Monte Carlo (8 Euros return per person) as you get brilliant views of all the places along the coast!! Marineland is also worth a visit in Boit, and you can't miss the Killer Whale show.......you can pick up a leaflet for this at the airport or more than probably in your hotel as well!!

All in all, the Hotel was a good place to visit, and a location that we will definately be going back to!!"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of July 2007

Awful Hotel

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"It was not very pleasant stay, in fact this is awful hotel, with I must tell very dark and very small rooms, and also not so very clean . Stuff who where most unhelpful and with attitude. This is not good example for three stars hotel.
I suggest that you spend your money in a better way"

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2007

Lovely hotel in NIce

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"My friend and I have just returned from a four night stay in this lovely hotel.

The hotel was in a good location, a very short walk to the sea front and the old town. The hotel itself was very clean and well presented.

We had an empty fridge in our room and the hotel were happy for us to store food, wine etc.

The reception staff were always available and were on the whole very warm and helpful and had very good English (certainly better than our French).

I would be happy to stay here again and to reccommend to a friend."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of May 2007

Reasonable and Location

Reviewed Sun 11th of November 2012

"The Hotel was centrally located, within easy walk to the bus station, rail station and promenade. The staff was freindly and courteous and the hotel was quiet."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2007

Good value for money

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"My wife and I have just returned from a week's stay at this great hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful throughout our visit, and our room at the front of the hotel (room 210) was excellent. The room was clean, well-maintained and peaceful, and provided us with everything we needed for our stay. The hotel is also in a great location- in the heart of one of Nice's shopping disctricts, close to lovely restaurants, and not far from the train station.
The only thing that you need to be aware of, is that the air-conditioning is not switched on in the rooms during the winter months. However, you may find that the temperature in the rooms (especially those at the back of the hotel) can be quite warm even during the winter, especially as you cannot leave the balcony doors open at night-time or when you are out. That said, we moved to a lovely (cool) room at the front of the hotel, and enjoyed a nice stay at this convenient, good value hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of February 2007

I am shocked at the reviews

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We (my husband and I and our 2 year old son and my husband's parents) stayed at this hotel in May 06 and had a wonderful time. The receptionist was kind and helpful - booking taxis, advising on places to visit and providing maps of the area, the room was basic but clean and comfortable, and breakfasts were more than satisfactory and although the staff did not speak English the lady we spoke to clearly understood our requests.

With these thoughts in mind I have booked to go back again on 22nd November to take my mother to France for the first time. I love the French Riveria- we visit at least once a year and have done for the past 6 years. I would say that the hotel is good value for money and a perfect base for site seeing in Nice and its location to the railway station is great for travelling further along the coastline."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of October 2006

Good experience at Grand Hotel le Florence

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"Nice, France
Grand Hotel Le Florence
Date: October 2-6, 2006
Reviewer: single traveller from Vancouver, Canada

I liked this hotel and their employees. My room was clean and bright and would have been hot, except for the airconditioning. Because of the fire escape, I couldn't leave my window open, which would only be a problem if the airconditioning wasn't working. Yes, there is massive street work for the subway, but there are ways around it. I'm experiencing the same condition in my home town! I think the location was ideal. Short walk from the train and to the beach, also close to Place Messina, where I enjoyed some great meals (try Maison du Marie). Also just across the street from a mall...if you wanted to forget you were in the beautiful Cote D'Azure! Breakfast was more than adequate and there was access to the internet. This was a bit expensive, but certainly more comfortable than any internet cafe I visited in my three weeks in France. I'd recommend this hotel to friends...and in fact already have."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of October 2006