ok stay

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"This resort is so quiet. There is no welcome party or any entertainment. If you want a very quiet holiday this is ok. The apartments were furnished quite nicely, however, they were only suface clean. The beds were not changed all week and the dirty towels hung back up. the area is very expensive. Not many bars or restaurants. The bar in the resort may have been open but i never saw it. No chance of a sarnie at lunch time, nothing. if you are looking for the most expensive, dullest holiday of your life, this is the resort for you."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of July 2009

Highly recommended if you are not phased by rude reception staff

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"This complex is in a beautiful location and has superb facilities but it is let down by the very poor attitude shown by reception staff whom, we believed, appeared to treat us as if we were second class citizens merely because we had booked the apartment through Expedia.com in the form of a 'last minute' type booking. We saw examples of staff being very helpful to others who had apparantly booked for longer stays but were extremely rude and unhelpful to us. The late check-in 4pm was a hinderence to us as was the early check-out 10am. This meant that we didn't get a chance to enjoy hotel facilities and had to arise before we would have liked. This bit of our stay made us feel we were not actually on holiday at all. But the rooms, the location and the competative price still put this as highly recommended in our view."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of June 2009

Terrific View

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We read a prior review on Trip Advisor about this hotel that was not exactly favorable so we were not expecting the best when we arrived. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff could not have been more helpful, the restaurant serves good food at reasonable prices and the view from our room was spectacular.

I highly recommend Le Club Mougins to anyone going to the French Riviera."

• Travel date: Thu 13th of November 2008

Not bugged

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Having read a review of this resort on Trip Advisor I was full of trepidation before our arrival in Mougins. There were no insects inside our apartment, there were a few ants outside on the mini golf site- but not many. The staff were friendly and helpful. The quality and size of accomodation in Europe is generally lower than that in the USA- however this was one of the best places we have stayed at in France. We had a refurbished unit and the furnishing were of a reasonable standard. The kitchen was typical of French holiday accomodation- fridge, dishwasher, hotplate and combination microwave. The onsite restaurant's OK, there are many restaurants in the old town- but they are pretty expensive (even by UK standards)."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of September 2008

Horrible Stay--Bugs & French Shrugs

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"My husband and I booked this as an Interval getaway vacation. We were given Room 603. The nightmare part of our two week vacation in France began. The room looked clean, but we both noticed a stickiness on the tile floor in the kitchen and dining area when we first arrived. The couch was old, and well-worn. The bedroom rug had an old, smelly odor. The worst was yet to come. Arriving late from dinner on the first night, we walked into the unit and saw flying bugs in the hall and then we walked into the main area of the kitchen, dining room, living room. BUGS, flying ones and other bugs of every shape and size, were pouring out of the walls in a gigantic swarm. My husband found bug spray and he pratically emptied the can. He tried to clean up the dead bugs, but more were still pouring out. It was very late, but I went directly to reception and described what happened. There are no windows in the unit and all of the doors were tightly closed. The response from the person on duty was housekeeping will see to it in the morning. I have asthma and we shut ourselves in the bedroom. Early the next morning, the main room reeked of bug spray. I walked to management in the reception. I reported the bug problem and was asked many questions describing the number and types of bugs. No one in reception seemed surprised. They kept saying it must be cockroaches. When management sent Ahmed to spray the kitchen, dining area, behind the couch, bugs were still coming out. The smell was awful and the floor was very sticky. No wonder the floor was sticky when we arrived. We never once opened up and left any doors open. (Note: There are no windows in the unit.) For one day, we had no bugs. The next morning, small and large, winged and non-winged bugs returned, pouring over the entire refrigerator, sink, from out of the entire wall of the dining area. You couldn't open up the refrigerator ; they were layered on the handle. Again, I went back to management and reported this infestation. We spent so much time and energy on this getaway vacation reporting to management. I was tired to describing the number and types of bugs, as if I were an expert exterminator. We requested another room. They had no other rooms for us. All I ever got from management were questions galore about the number and type of bugs and "Sorry, there is nothing we can do" and the proverbial SHRUG!I The room conditions were horrible and disgusting. The constant smell of our spraying and the bugs led us to stay away from the unit. We left during the day and never cooked one meal there. We just used the pool in the later afternoon and then left for dinner in the town of Mougins. We finally decided not to stay and left EARLY. Please note, that other people staying at the resort who are members there were not surprised when I told them about the disgusting bug problem. In fact, they bragged that they were given the newly renovated units instead of the old, smelly ones. I complained to Interval and got some satisfaction but DIAMOND RESORTS' response from their CEO's representative, Janine Hunter, was more than pathetic. "We understand that upon inspection of your unit the resort staff have advised that the insects you describe in your letter were flying ants, and are harmless to people. These insects can sometimes fly into the units if windows (Sic) are left open during the evening." Gee, I guess I should have taken pictures of the bugs and e-mailed them to the CEO and his fabulous Customer Service Advisor. If you want more info about the miserable response from DIAMOND RESORTS, please e-mail me. I am totally disgusted with this aspect of what was my birthday vacation and was thrilled with all of the other places we stayed."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of August 2008

Interesting country location in Provence

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"Club Mougins is a Diamond timeshare which we booked through Interval International as a Getaway for a decent price compared to the hotels in the area.

Mougins is rural. The club itself is clean with spacious accomadations , but not fancy at all. There is a small kitchen in each room with a fridge and some stove burners(no oven), a microwave, coffee maker, lots of dishes. There was a little living room. Beds were comfortable.

The bar was nice--able to meet people from all over the world (Russia, Scotland, GB, Canada, Australia, US) The prices at the bar were very reasonable compared to outside the club. The view was very pretty, with Grasse lights in the distance.

There is a shuttle that goes into the old village of Mougins, noted for its fine dining. The walk is quite steep. The food was expensive (about $450 US dollars for 5 people) Choices are limited for some teen's taste.

There is a bus to Canne every half hour---short walk to town. Costs 1 euro and takes 20 min. Canne has a train station going to many cities in southern France and Monaco. Can drive in the area, but tough for us form the US--roads are very narrow and windy with tons of roundabouts.

Went to Tourette sur Loup for a half day trip--beautiful old village on a hill. Worth the drive.

Overall, if you don't mind alot of walking to buses/trains or driving your car in Europe, this is a great place to stay with a family."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008