Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe

14 rue Beaujon, 75008 Paris France

Loved this hotel

"My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for 7 nights and we couldn't have had a better experience. The Junior Suite room was very large and lovely and the bathroom was quite nice and spacious for our needs. The staff was incredibly helpful - we wanted for nothing. I highly recommend this hotel for Paris visitors. It's in a great location and relatively near a Metro station. We plan to stay here again on all subsequent trips to this beautiful city."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of May 2007

Fantastic hotel in every regard!

"Pre-paid a 4 night stay at the Sofitel through their website in order to get the lowest rate. I had been to Paris before but was going with my wife who had never been and wanted a hotel within walking distance of major Paris attractions. As the name of the hotel implies, the hotel is located about 2 blocks from the Arc de Triomphe and is a stone's throw away from the cheap Air France transfer bus from CDG airport. It's walkable to pretty much everything in Paris, and being in a residential neighborhood made it quiet at nights and in the mornings.

I booked a deluxe king size non-smoking room and the size of the room was big by any standard, let alone Europe's. The room was very clean, and was full of many nice little extras, like free internet and a free bottle of water every morning. There was a temperamental mini-bar fridge that seemingly charged us a drink every time we just looked at it, but the front desk took it off our bill no questions asked. The only small gripe that I had about our room was the shower/tub and the half glass partition used instead of a full shower curtain or door. This seems to be the norm in Paris so I can't fault the hotel, but it did cause water to leak out onto the floor. No big deal since the bathroom was so large, it didn't matter.

Of course, when talking about the Sofitel, one must gush on and on about the bed. Despite Paris being Paris, my wife and I have come back remembering that bed more than anything else...it is that good. (Or maybe my bed at home is that bad!) It is so obscenely comfortable, it makes getting out hard. It's the perfect thing when you've been walking around Paris all day carrying bottles of wine purchased from Fauchon.

We ordered room service one night and the food was decent although not spectacular when considering the price. Otherwise, we ate all of our meals outside since food was better and cheaper. There's maid service during the day and then turndown service at night, so it was always nice coming home finding our bed ready every night.

The last time I was in Paris I stayed at the Intercontinental, now the Westin (Place Vendome) for nearly twice the price of the Sofitel. Despite Place Vendome being a better location, the price difference and room difference will make me book the Sofitel again in a heartbeat. And adding in the fact that right next to the hotel was a BNP Paribas where I could get cash out of the ATM fee-free with my Bank of America ATM card 24 hours a day, and it's hard to find fault with the Sofitel Arc de Triomphe."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2007

Very Comfortable And Comforting

Good

"The Sofitel is primarily a business hotel, but even as tourists on a 6 night stay we found it very comfortable. The staff was very helpful in every way and personable rather than 5 star distant. The quality of the breakfast is not quite bed and breakfast standard but it was decent. The beds are extremely comfortable and after a day of walking a welcome respite. Keep an eye on the type of room, the first couple of rooms alloted were not quite up to par. One was too small for the size of bed and the other had an AC malfunction, the reception was helpful however and did get us a new room which was perfect.
The location is perfect for the Air France bus from the airport and for the Champs Elysees but its hard to find a place to eat at later hours unless you opt for Champs Elysees prices. The room service menu leaves something to be desired. All in all a very good option when you want a little comfort in your stay."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2007

Very Disappointing Stay

"We just returned from a long weekend in Paris and stayed at this hotel where we experienced a variety of problems. We were not only annoyed by the problems themselves but the problems were made much worse by the "couldn't care-less" attitude of the staff.

The concierges were very helpful but the front desk staff's behavior was totally unacceptable. My husband and I have travelled extensively and been to Paris many times and have NEVER encountered such an appalling lack of customer service.

1. Although our hotel room was on a non-smoking floor, the room reeked of cigarette smoke. When we complained to the woman at the front desk, she told us that we were on a non-smoking floor. We explained that we knew that; the hallways were find but the room smelled of smoke. We asked to be moved to another room; she said she had no more rooms. We told her we didn't smoke and the smell was making it hard for us to breathe. She said she understood and then told us that the hotel had a machine that could take care of the problem but that we had to be out of the room for 3 hours. We told her that would be just fine and we agreed upon a time. When we returned to the room, we now smelled some other substance that had been sprayed/infused in the room and could still smell the cigarette smoke under that.

2. Although we don't often make use of minibars, we decided on our second day to purchase something. The minibar's refrigeration wasn't working, which meant everything was room temperature. We told the front desk people who said they would look into it. It was never fixed.

3. The hotel offers a "take away" breakfast which is supposed to include coffee, 2 pastries and juice or fruit. It's a great idea when you are on the run...if they fill the order accurately. One morning we decided to order it as we had booked an early morning bus tour to Giverny. When we went downstairs that morning they did not have a record of the order we had placed the night before but the staff person ran back to the kitchen and came out with 2 little bags. We were in a hurry now and so didn't check the contents of the bags. Although the order form we had filled out the night before asked us to specify which pastries we wanted and whether we wanted juice or fruit, the bags we were given did not contain the pastries we had ordered nor did they contain juice or fruit. When we returned to the hotel in the late afternoon and complained to the staff person at the desk, he told us "he would look into it." We never heard anything more.

IF the response from any of the front desk staff had included some kind of apology or acknowledgment or simply fixing of any of these problems, our stay at the Sofitel would not have been great, but we would not have been as annoyed.and exasperated. We don't expect perfection, but we do expect customer service.

We will never stay at this hotel again and probably not at any other Sofitel, either. We will probably write the Sofitel management directly to complain, as well."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of May 2007

Great location

Good

"Just returned from a weekend trip to Paris with my Mother and 5 yr old son. We booked a deluxe room with twin and rollaway bed.
The room was fairly large with a good sized bathroom and overlooking the street. Although the hotel is very near the Arc de Triomphe it was incredibly quiet at night (even though we were there during the election).

We ate breakfast in the restaurant on the first morning which was standard buffet style fare..but for 27euros (£18.50) per person I thought it was exorbitant. The next morning we had coffee and croissant sent up by room service, although expensive, certainly was enough for the three of us until lunchtime and a lot cheaper than the buffet.
We didn't eat dinner at the hotel as there were plenty of brasseries nearby and for young children I would recommend Bistro Romain on Champs D'Elysee.

There is a small taxi rank near the back of the hotel so you don't need to pay the extra by ordering one through the concierge. (There was always 4 euros on the tab when we got into an ordered cab)

The hotel staff were very good with my son and he was delighted when they gave him a bag of sweets when we were leaving. On the first night they also left a small teddy on his pillow which he was equally delighted by.

The staff were efficient and we didn't have to queue or wait long for anything from check in to room service.

Family friendly, efficient and reasonable value, although I would breakfast elsewhere.

I will stay here again."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of May 2007

Wonderful, will make it a regular stay when in Paris...

"Wonderful hotel. Great location. Walking distance from a lot of major
attractions. Concierge Alin was excellent. Staff spoke English for us and was very warm and friendly. The room was large for European standards. We had a view of the Eifel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe. We also had a small balcony. Breakfast was wonderful, the croissants were the best!! The sofitel bed was superb. My husband wanted to bring it home.

Would stay here again. No worries at all. We stayed in April and it was very warm, and the air conditioning was on when we arrived to our
room each night. The windows were very sound proof, too."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of May 2007

Nice hotel with extra touches

"I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Arc De Triomphe hotel in Paris with my husband and 11 year old son. The Hotel is located just around the corner from the Arc de Triomphe (Hence the name!) It is well located for public transport with the air France bus from the airport dropping off nearby and easy access to the Metro.

The hotel is very nice. I think we must have stayed in a regular room (No 517). The double bed was huge and so comfortable. My 11 year old had a put up/rollaway bed in the room. Our bathroom was quite small, with no separate shower and although marble and tiled, some parts looked a little tired.

There were a lot of nice touches in the room - complementary bottle of wine & small perfume & each day 2 bottles of water. The beds were turned down each evening and a cute little teddy bear with 'proverb' placed on the bed! There is free Wi-fi and a cd player with selection of CDs in the room. Also the TV seems to have most terrestrial UK tv channels.

The reception staff were very friendly and polite. The reception had free newspapers & apples available.

We didn't use the restaurant, and for breakfast went out to one of the nearby cafes for croissants, as it was cheaper than the hotel! We did have a couple of drinks in the piano bar which was very nice.

The area is full of cafes and restaurants to eat at in the evening, but this is prime tourist area so prices are inflated. We took the metro to the trendy Bastille area and had a great & much cheaper meal in that district one evening.

I thoroughly recommend this hotel, it is well located, and rooms are comfortable. It's not the most luxurious hotel in the world of course, but it doesn't claim to be, nor charge those kind of prices!"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of April 2007

Great location

"Stayed here for three pleasant nights this Easter. The staff were friendly, the room clean and we enjoyed a delicious meal at the hotel's restaurant on our first night.

The standard double room (inc b&b) cost 248 euros per night which I thought was quite a lot considering it was small, on the first floor with a dark inward facing view but this may be a reflection of Paris prices.

I find it hard to be as enthusiastic as the other reviewers because I found everything entirely average (compared to a previous stay in another 4 star Sofitel) and actually expected comfort and surroundings to be a bit better."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of April 2007

Thoroughly well reccomended

Good

"From the moment we arrived till the moment we left, the service was fantastic. We stayed on the 6th floor (of 7) and the room was surprisingly spacious given we had been expecting the tiny hotel rooms Paris is famous for!

Each evening we returned from dinner to find an evening gift, of chocolates and little teddies which I thought was a charming touch.

The only (minor) complaint I would have is that television reception for some channels was very bad, as was trying to access the free internet via the television. But given that Paris has so much to see and do, this really wasn't the end of the world."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of April 2007

Great Location, Great Service

Good

"We had a nice stay at the Sofitel Arc de Triomphe. It was in a great location. The service and concierge at the hotel were outstanding. The rooms were clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of April 2007

Hotels near Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe

Stayed at Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe? Share your insight.

Sofitel Paris Arc de Triomphe is also called