Rochester Champs-Elysees Hotel

92 rue la Boetie, 75008 Paris France

Really Nice Hotel, great location

Good

"My partner and I stayed at the Rochester Hotel for 1 night in May 2007. The hotel was lovely, we received a free upgrade to a suite. The location is perfect, walking distance to the Metro and the shops on Champs-Elysees. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. All in all, a great hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

would stay again

Good

"We have just returned from Paris and a two night stay at The Rochester. It scores points for it's location alone, so close to the Champs Elysses and to a Metro Station.
The rooms are spacious enough (for Paris) and are very clean. I think looking at some of the photos posted on this site, we may have stayed in an updated room. Our decor was much nicer and the room really light and airy.
Two persons to an elevator made us laugh a little but there are two elevators so never had to 'wait' for one as it were.
The breakfast which was included in the price was actually surprisingly nice. I was not expecting too much of the Continental breakfast to be honest but was pleasantly surprised. The wait staff were very attentive and replacing items at the buffet tables constantly. We were impressed. Great coffee also.
The staff throughout the hotel were all really nice and friendly, particularly the concierge who was most helpful and the barman who filled us up with pistachio nuts one late night.
There aren't any great restaurants or cafes close and what is close by is pretty rubbish. We had much better luck eating in the Latin quarter.
Take the Batou Bus on the Seine to get around and to see the sights if you have the time - it's far more pleasant than the underground.
All in all, we enjoyed the Rochester and would stay there again."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2007

a quiet and charming place in the center of Paris

Good

"A charming hotel very lightly with a staff very helpfull and the standard rooms are spacious and very functional.
Even I was on holidays with my wife, I had to check urgently my emails and send a fax for my job I was very surprised to discover the business center with Internet, Large screen and fax machine.
I do not speak about spa as it is a haven of peace.
To sum up, try it !!!"

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of April 2007

Great hotel, great loction! I'll go back.

Good

"My husband and I stayed in this hotel in November 2006 (just about 5 months ago) and truly enjoyed our stay. It was our first time in Paris, so we were told the hotels are not the same standards as they would be in Asia or North America, but we were pretty impressed. We stayed here as part of a hotel + air package so I know for sure we got a great deal on our nightly rates which included continental breakfast.

Rooms are clean and comfortable with a nice little balcony. Everyone is super nice which is not what we expected; accept of course for an old grumpy man at the check-in desk. Breakfast was great, but remember if you just get the continental breakfast, don’t go for anything else…my husband had one boiled egg one morning and it cost about 8 Euro.

Excellent location, there is a small grocery store right across from the hotel, you can get drinks and snacks, and if you walk toward champs-Elysse there is a shop called Monaprix which has a grocery store in the lower level (basement), you can get everything there since it is a proper grocery store. The Metro is just steps away so its nice to get off the train and be in the room in matters of minutes.

Bottom line, we would definitely stay there again, excellent location and overall a great place to stay…but again you’ll be in Paris, who needs to stay in the room when there are so many places to go in the city….can’t wait till we go back"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of March 2007

Wonderful hotel in the heart of Paris

"I stayed at the Rochester with my wife in January for our anniversary and it was delightful!

We have been given a spacious room, bright and calm with the view on the outside garden & fountain

The staff is very friendly, concierge and reception are helpful and nice.
The new fitness is really great. I will recommend this hotel to my friends."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of February 2007

Nice place in Paris

Good

"We stayed at Rochester hotel for 7 nights during October with 3 other couples and I´d like to recommend it.
The Hotel is in an excellent location, there is a tube stop just a half minute walk away, the Fabourg Saint Honore is just across the corner, the Champs Elysees just a 5 minute walk and there is a usefull supermarket across the road
We had booked a superior room overlooking the courtyard, but as the air conditioner didn´t work we were upgraded to a bigger room overlooking the street. The room was bright, clean, nicely decorated and the staff very helpfull.
Our only complain is about the breakfast room, very small,tables squezed and with a poor service, so since the second morning we had breakfast bought to our room every morning with a good selection of croissants, rolls, yogurt and fruit
All in all we had an excellent time and would recommend this hotel without hesitation."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of February 2007

Great little hotel !!

"I spent a couple of nights in the Hotel Rochester in October and was very happy with it. The rooms were very clean, the staff was nice and friendly and the location was fantastic.
Close by are cafes, a wonderful patisserie and a little grocery store. Minutes from the Champs-Elysees. Just terrific!"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of November 2006

Superb Location

Good

"We stayed here for 3 nights for my Mum's 60th birthday and thought the hotel was brilliant. The location is fantastic ....surrounded by little cafes, bistros and patisseries and only a few minutes walk to the Champs Elysees.

Hotel rooms we've stayed in before in Paris have been tiny but the bedrooms here were really spacious and airy with a large modern bathroom. The reception was also spacious with nice comfy seating areas...everywhere was spotless...

The staff here were very friendly and efficient - the concierge was lovely... we booked one of our excursions with him and he couldn't have been more helpful.

Our only minor criticism of this lovely hotel was the breakfast was quite expensive and the choice was fairly limited...but apart from this we couldn't fault the hotel and we had a lovely trip. We would definitely return to this hotel if we went again...."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of November 2006

Extremely pleased with the Rochester..

Good

"Stayed at this lovely hotel last weekend for my husband's 40th!!

We had a very nice room and the hotel staff were lovely. This place is very central and 50 yards from the metro. I would certainly stay here again....."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of October 2006

Bad, Bad, Bad !!!

"Sad to say, the only miserable memory I hold about charming Paris is this hotel, my husband did a reservation almost 2 months in advance to spend 5 days of our honeymoon in it, when we arrived there, the reception guy told us to wait for 20 minutes to get the room ready!!!! I could not keep quiet and after complain, they gave us what they call a superior room, which was acceptable. The breakfast hall was a tiny room where people were squeezed in it like sardines!!! The food was divided into continental and open buffet which no body told us about when we made the pricy reservation, and of course, they put all people on the continental one!!! I don’t recommend any body to stay in this horrible place."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of September 2006

Stayed here for the weekend in 2006 and...

"Stayed here for the weekend in 2006 and it was lovely. Close enough to the metro with convieniences nearby. Food was lovely. Bedrooms spacious and clean and the staff were absolutley charming, especially the men at reception! It has a lovely little bar downstairs which is nice to unwind in after a long day sightseeing! There are several quaint restaurants nearby and a nice bakers! Would definatley stay here again if I go back to Paris."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of May 2008

This hotel is superb. It was a treat fo...

"This hotel is superb. It was a treat for the first night of our holiday and great to relax in such a luxury hotel after traveling most of the day to get there.

The hotel is in a great location on a fairly quiet street but only a few seconds walk from the Champs Elysees.

The staff were really friendly and I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel with Cresta.

Julian."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of September 2006

Hotels near Rochester Champs-Elysees Hotel

Stayed at Rochester Champs-Elysees Hotel? Share your insight.

Rochester Champs-Elysees Hotel is also called