About Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome

• babysitting
  • tv channel one russia
  • butler service

Good

Don't Stay at this hotel, we got Robbed!!!

Reviewed Fri 30th of May 2014

"Be very careful when deciding where to stay at this lovely city. The story began last year on my anniversary celebration with my wife. We were very happy until we returned to our room to find out our money was missing. That's right, we were robbed at this hotel. We immediately contacted the hotel manager who asked us to please not contact the police. Mr Alessandro Cresta said that he would check security cameras and the situation was going to be resolved. I still can't believe we didn't call the police at that moment. We trusted Mr Alessandro Cresta and continued with the investigation. After a few hours with the problem not resolved, we reported the incident and after proving the robbery, the hotel management promised to pay only the 50% of the money. Unfortunately, not even the 50% has been given back. What's Going On??? Mr Alessandro Cresta doesn't answer our mails anymore. Why do you do this to innocent people like us? please visitors think twice before choosing this hotel. We are very sad, full of anger and frustration... "

• Travel date: Fri 30th of May 2014

Disappointed

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"First off, when compared to other luxury hotels in Paris (i.e. Ritz or Four Seasons) the Park Hyatt was quite unimpressive. Overall, it seemed like a expensive in price but cheap in nature imitation of a W Hotel without the anytime anywhere service mentality. I was supposed to stay at the hotel for two nights and had reserved a junior suite. Due to some online booking mix up the room was not available when I arrived and the front desk staff was quite dismissive when I asked what the problem was and how they would solve it. Even though the error was due to some problem at hyatt.com, they refused to upgrade me to an executive suite unless I was willing to pay extra. The manager I spoke with suggested that the problem was my fault since I had not called the hotel directly to make the reservation. The manager then offered a slight discount on a park deluxe room, which mattered little to me since I was travelling on business and was not paying out of pocket, but I agreed since I was quite tired after flying all night. However, there were no rooms ready (by this time it was almost 1 PM) and the front desk staff (by this time the manager had disappeared) suggested that I come back in a hour. I spent an hour at Cartier which improved my spirits but upon my return at 2 PM the room was ready but the front desk told me that they could not get my bag out of the storage area but that it would be delivered to my room as soon as possible. The room itself was nice in a spartan and form over function sort of way but smelled a bit stale with a hint of tobacco smoke even though it was supposedly non-smoking and freshly cleaned. My bag arrived about 30 minutes and two calls to the front desk later. By this time I had realized that there were no clocks in the room and that one of the towels in the bathroom was dirty. A few more calls later someone from the hotel came and took the towel away, but did not replace it, and give me a ridiculously small clock that was not set to the correct time and did not have a working alarm. I called and asked for a 7 PM wake up call and the staff person seemed rather confused by the concept of an evening wake up call. As a final insult, I also discovered that there were only two electical outlets in the room and that one of these was not working. In any event by this time I could take no more and checked out and moved over the the Ritz next door which was absolutely brilliant in comparison for a marginally higher price."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of December 2005

Heaven

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Close to heaven. Beautifull hotel,great service and most important very discreet. Restaurant is beautiful,altough al litle overpriced. Perfect spot to discover The grand city of Paris."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of December 2005

Great B&B in the Loire Valley

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We stayed at the Park Hyatt in September for 6 nights. This was an exchange of points from the Hyatt Vacation Club. The location of the Hyatt was great, near to the Louvre and lots of pricey jewelery stores. The Ritz is two minutes away.The staff were very helpful and there was internet access in a business center room. Our room was very nice, with a bathroom that was fantastic. Our only complaints were that our PhoneCard wouldn't work in the room{we had to use a pay phone} and that the minibar in the room was very expensive, ie, Coke 9 Euros, Beer 11Euros. Putting drinks from a nearby Tabac into the minibar for refrigeration triggered a 120+ Euro charge on our checkout bill. However, the hotel deleted these charges after an explanation.Overall, I would highly recommend the Hyatt as a great place to stay in Paris, if you can afford the neighborhood.Valet parking for two nights was free."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of October 2005

loved the vendome

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"hi,
my husband and i stayed here right after it opened. there were a few service glitches then, but overall would totally go back. the maids seemed to have a difficult time not going into rooms with both the do not disturb light on and also the sign (listed on the french side) on. we were on part of our honeymoon there for a week, and they pretty much ignored the sign all week. other than that..... hotel was amazing, decor awesome, buffet breakfast (if you are hyatt plat.) awesome! location also great. i would totally recommend this hotel and stay there again!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of October 2005

A Modern and Chic Paris Stay

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"I was a little concerned about staying at the Park Hyatt because of the room description. The room is the most important part of the stay as far as I am concerned and the mahogany and gold decor combined with the open bathroom and closet layout gave me some reservations. After about ten seconds in the room however, I was very impressed and happy to be spending a week here. The color scheme and finishes worked well, the bathroom was very cool and large. The bathroom can also be closed off if you want. We had a room overlooking the street with a balcony, I think I preferred this compared to the courtyard rooms that are numerous in this and other Paris hotels - the window soundproofing kept the room quiet. The closet disappeared behind chic drapery. Overall, the room was very cool and glam, very different from most five star Paris hotels. The rest of the hotel is also very nice, with a soft modern design and great art work. The gym is nice but very small, kind of a waste. The spa area is very plush and includes a sauna with TV. The staff was very friendly and the location just about right."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2005

Sublime

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"A non-descript entry opens into an architectural tour-de-force. Rooms are lovely and large by Paresian standards (though average sized by US standards). The staff was helpful and a brief correspondence with the concierge enabled me to efficiently book restaurant reservations prior to arrival. Rooms are typical Park Hyatt and the bathrooms are fabulous. I was underwhelmed with dinner at the hotel restaurant, but the competition in Paris is steep. The location is unbeatable for touring and shopping. Make sure that you have the street address handy upon arrival because the subtle entrance eludes even the local cabbies."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

Extremly good hotel

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I stayed more than a week at the hotel as I was in Paris on business. The staff is extremly nice and efficient, they all speak great english and go the extra mile the moment you need it. Rooms are sublime, the finest bathrooms I have seen so far in the hotel world."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of July 2005

Nice Place, Poor Service

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Nice room, location and spa.
My only complaint is that the housekeeping was really bad. Dirty rooms, no bed cover and pillows were odd size."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of June 2005

Fantastic, discrete, stylish

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"This hotel really is fantastic. The entrance is very discreet and concealed, the whole place has a beautiful smell of sandelwood. The food is excellent, the bar is fantastic with a great cocktail list. The room was beautiful. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of June 2005

Hotels near Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome

Top traveller tips for Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome

• Arim S by Arim S

"stay at another hotel, you could get robbed here "

Park Hyatt Paris - Vendome is also called