About Legend Hotel by Elegancia

Good
Good

Decent place to stay...

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"I had initially booked from the 14th until the 18th but ended up only staying at Acacias St. Germain from Feb 15-18 (3 nites). I arrived on February 14th to check in only to be told that one of the rooms (my room) had a problem and that alternative arrangements would have to made. The owner called another 3 star hotel just up the street - about a 5-10 minute walk (Hotel Raspail located at 203 Boulevard Raspail - see review) and covered the costs of staying there for the first nite (Hotel Raspail actually is more expensive overall). Anyhow, so on the second day I checked back into Acacias and was placed into a fair sized room on the first floor overlooking the patio. The room itself was decent (2 twin beds) relatively clean and had a mini-fridge loaded with water, alcohol, champagne, chocolate, etc (nothing of which I enjoyed given the price - you can just buy all the same stuff around the corner on the street). The bathroom was most likely renovated very recently given how new and clean everything was - so that was a bonus. The location is excellent for the price. On Rue de Rennes, the hotel is like a 2 minute walk from the Metro stop of St. Placide (subway line 4) and is surrounded by numerous shops, bounlangeries, patisseries, cafes, theatres, etc. All-in-all I thought Acacias St. Germain was very decent for the price. There's definitely a Brazillian flair for the place and you'll know right away who the owner is. I'm not sure if they really like English speaking people or maybe they just thought I was American which I am not (I really sensed this with the lady working at nite). Or perhaps, its just the French attitude in general...nothing major but just thought I'd mention it...It's better to attempt some french i.e.
just saying 'Bonjour' and asking if they speak English rather than just speaking English directly to them...Anyways, that's besides the point.
I'd have to say that Acacias St. Germain was worth the money that I paid through Expedia ($125 Cdn/nite) and if I ever head back to Paris I will most likely consider this hotel again. 3 stars out of 5. There are definitely better places (i.e. Hotel Raspail) but I am sure there are much worse places for 3 stars. Convenient location, quiet at nite, and comfortable. What more could you ask for when you just need a decent place to rest?"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of February 2004