Good

best hotel manager i've ever met

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"My girfriend and i spent a wonderful 3 days in paris this april and were fortunate enough to stumble across this fantastic little hotel. As soon as we arrived, after flights from ireland and long bus journey from bouvais airport, the charm and warmth of the place washed over us. I swear it felt like walking in to somewhere you've known your entire life and the staff treat you just the same. The receptionists were constantly smiling and friendly, homouring my stumbling secondary school french, even though they all had impecable english. The hotel manager really did all that was humanly possible to make our stay an enjoyable one, god bless that little guy. If i owned a hotel i'd fly to paris and throw money at the man to come work for me. If flying with ryanair this is really your first choice because of its proximity to the bouvais airport bus stop.
I defy anyone to go to paris and not fall in love with Residence Foch, cest magnifique!!
p.s. the breakfast at an extra €11 is well worth it."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of May 2006

fantastic, friendly little hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"we booked this hotel for a weekend break based on the recommendations found on this site and we were not disappointed. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, pointing us in the direction of restaurants serving good food at sensible prices and advising us on where to go and how best to get there. The area where the hotel is situated is lovely, clean and quite and 5 mins from the metro. We loved this little hotel and will certainly return. Suggest upgrade if you are bothered about the size of the room, but was adequate and typically french."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of May 2006

Incredible Hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"This is a lovely hotel with great facilities but the best part is the services of their people. All the staff was incredible they help us with everything that we asked.
Even though is a perfect hotel for honeymoon or a romantic getawy we went with our 2 years old and was perfect for a family too.
The hotel is clean and have all the services that you are used to have in the US. The room was excelent and big for the Paris standard.
The location is perfect with a walking distance from the Champs Elyses, two metro station really close and Porte Mailot in the corner with bus to the airports and trains.
The price is actually a bargaing for what you get and because the location.
We will come back there in our next time in Paris and will recommend to all our friends"

• Travel date: Fri 12th of May 2006

Wonderful hotel, owner and staff

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I just returned from my first trip to Paris where I stayed at the Hotel Residence Foch. The owner, Nelly, and her staff make staying at Residence Foch an absolute pleasure. Considering the good location the hotel was much less expensive than I expected. I had a terrific balcony over looking an inner court yard. The bathroom was very roomy. The bedroom just a bit small but that included a nice desk, bed, closet and night stand. Whenever I had questions about Paris, getting around or just questions in general, Nelly and her staff were always very helpful. They create a very friendly personable atmosphere that makes you feel comfortable from the very start. My entire Paris experience was enjoyable, fun and positive in every respect and part of the credit for that goes to the Hotel Residence Foch owner and staff. When I return to Paris I'll stay there again."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of May 2006

A lovely hotel

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"This is a very nice hotel, and the service is remarkable. The staff will do almost anything to make sure your stay is pleasant. The hotel is in a real neighborhood, with plenty of shops and restaurants frequented by locals, with the Metro and RER trains only about 5 minutes away. Rooms are a bit small, but are quite comfortable, and are decorated nicely, and ours had a balcony. I would stay here again in a heartbeat."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of May 2006

Going the extra mile

Reviewed Sat 1st of December 2012

"I highly recommend the Hotel Residence Foch in Paris. My wife and I have stayed at this fine and well managed hotel on two occasions---the last being in April of 2006. We were so impressed by the friendly service, economical rates, clean rooms, comfortable surroundings and superb location during our first stay that we decided to reccommend Residence Foch as the primary Hotel to all our guests attending our daughter's wedding 2 years later. I believe we filled 80% to 90% of all their rooms. There were last minute changes and requests through out our stay. Nelly Rolland and her entire staff performed flawlessy during the entire time. Several times I found myself requesting services well above and beyond what would be considered as standard practice for hotel personnel, and they all performed to perfection. My wife and I do not speak French but we found it very easy to understand and communicate with the hotel staff. Nelly Rolland and her assistants Isabel and Jean Louis all had what I call "servants hearts" showing a rare, friendly and up beat attitude at all times. If anyone is looking for a reasonably priced and well located, small to medium sized hotel I highly recommend Hotel Residence Foch."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of April 2006

What a sensational little hotel

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"My girlfriend and I spent a wonderful long weekend at the Hotel Residence Foch in February. As I was taking her to Paris for her birthday, I wanted to select a hotel that had character and not just part of a chain.

Happily this hotel has character and charm in spades. The staff are helpful and very happy to make reservations in restaurants.

While our room (52) was a bit small, it was more than adequate for 2 people, with a charming clean bathroom.

There's a short walk to the metro and on Sat morning there's a small fruit and veg market around the corner.

All in all a wonderful birthday present for my lovely girlfriend. She was delighted and so was I."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of April 2006

Great place that Residence Foch!

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"Great Hotel in a nice quiet location a bit away from all the hussle and bussle, so if you were going sightseeing for the day it was a little far to come back to before going out for dinner. There were three different Metro stops close to the hotel, all of which took about 10 mins to get to from the hotel.

Hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly. The room itself was average size but with a roomy bathroom and big opening windows. Amenities were OK but no coffee in the room which drove my wife crazy. However, buffet breakfast was great with good selection of cereals, pastries, yoghurts, fruit and even a boiled egg, and of course tea, coffee and fruit juices.

For the Starbucks lover there was one about 10 mins walk from the hotel just near the Victor Hugo Metro stop.

For a 3 star hotel we were very impressed and would return here in a heartbeat."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of March 2006

Best find ever

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Recently travelled to Paris to propose to my girlfriend. I had read about this hotel in the news paper in the UK some months before and it was supposed to be a great find. Well this hotel was everything I hoped for and expected. The owner Nelly and her staff really helped at making our stay perfect and even going as far to help recommend restaurants and make reservations. I have travelled all over europe and this hotel was amazing. The staff were so friendly and helpful and it was located perfectly. I would recommend this hotel to absolutley anyone travelling to Paris especially if you want more for your money. 5 star service without the prices to go with it."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of March 2006

Loved Residence Foch!

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"My partner and I spent 8 nights in a room overlooking the small courtyard at the Hotel Residence Foch March 11 through 18, 2006. Two of our friends shared the streetside room across the hall. This hotel is truly excellent due to it's wonderful staff. Nelly Rolland, the owner, has put her heart and soul into this lovely hotel and it shows in every way. Example: While we were at the hotel another American traveller accidentally threw away her passport (!) Nelly noticed that the city garbage trucks were just arriving in the street outside Residence Foch. She ran out, told the driver to leave her bin, then WENT THROUGH THE GARBAGE BIN to find the lady's passport. Would you EVER have service of this type in a large hotel chain? No!

It would be nice if the common areas were smoke free, but this is Paris, after all, and smoking is permitted pretty much anywhere, so smoking is allowed in the lobby/lounge area (one shared space).

The location is very quiet, the rooms are lovely and comfortable, though, of course, not American hotel chain large. Internet access allowed me to keep in touch via email while I was there. Breakfast was generous (buffet) and tasty! I'd stay at Nelly's great hotel again anytime. Thank you Nelly and staff for an unforgettable Paris stay. You are the best!"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of March 2006