Restaurant

Nice hotel

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"I stayed at the Hilton Arc de Triomphe for a weekend in July. The common areas and the room looked as though everything was new or recently renovated. I found the place to be quiet and the room to be of a decent size. Plus my room had a comfortable King size bed in the room (not two twins pushed together), which can be hard to come by in Europe. In terms of location, you're about a 10 minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe, and the Metro is nearby if you want to travel to other parts of the city. Plus there are plenty of restaurants and grocery stores nearby for food. The hotel also has a shuttle that goes a couple times a day to the Hilton Paris, which is literally right next to the Eiffel Tower. It's somewhat expensive, but I would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: 10th August 2005

Not great for families

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"We spent 3 nights (July 17-19) at this Hilton after reviewing feedback on this site regarding the Hilton Arc de Triomphe. As a family of five, I was concerned with finding decent sized rooms and beds. My initial night, I kept my reservation for 2 rooms, both with 2 queen sized beds, but since our flight from Italy came in late in the afternoon, they could not accomodate our request for 2 connecting rooms. Also, they would not upgrade like many of the HHonors members who seem to write on this site for this hotel. They gave us rooms on the 3rd floor facing the street. If you have young children, mine were 3, 8, and 11, you might be able to squeeze into one room. The 2 separate rooms were overkill and also very expensive. The Hilton website allows only 4 per room, but it is up to you whether you'd rather spend it on sleeping or out on the town. I picked this Hilton as it seemed close to the Air France shuttle dropoff at the Arc de Triomphe. This hotel is too far to comfortably walk to the hotel with all your luggage. Our taxi ride albeit a few long blocks cost us 11 Euros due to added costs of each bag stored in the trunk. I found out that there is a courtesy van that makes stops at the Arc from the hotel starting at 10:15 am on the hour, but only accomodates 8 passangers and you have to ride it to the Hilton Eiffel tower before going back to the Hilton, another 45 minutes total. Breakfast was included in our package, constituting various ethnicities, but the same each day. Eggs were unusually runny! We stayed at the Hilton Charles de Gaulle when we first arrived in Europe and for half the price and the same Hilton service and food, I enjoyed this much better given it's 5 minute free shuttle right from the airport, walking distance to trains into the city and access to the Air France shuttle right into town. Great for families just arriving as we could put our children to bed immediately after arriving to get them acclimated without adding extra travel. Everyone is right, the Hilton Arc de Triomphe is not convenient to many nice eateries nor stores although about 2 long blocks to the metro and down rue de Berri toward the Champs Elysee."

• Travel date: 26th July 2005

Loved the Hilton!

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"I stayed 3 nights in Paris at the Hilton and loved it! I spent a lot of time reading reviews of hotels in Paris, and finally selcted this hotel. I wasn't thrilled that I would have to spend as much as we did, but July in Paris in a comfortable hotel with great service has its price. I was not disappointed! At first I was worried about how far I would be from the major attractions, but it wasn't too bad after all. Most of the time we walked 2 minutes to and from the Metro when we went exploring. The Arc de Triomphe was just 7-10 minutes walk from the hotel, so one night we took a stroll to see the Arc at night. We were also informed that the hotel had a shuttle bus that went between the Arc de Triomphe and the hotel every hour on the hour (except lunchtime) from morning until about 6 pm. The weather was great so we never used it. The service was fantastic. When we checked in I asked for a room with a decent view. The young lady recommended the patio as being the nicest view. No fantastic view of the city, but it was pleasant enough. The staff was there to assist with restaurant suggestions, train reservations, just about anything. Our room was clean and smelled fresh. Towels and sheets were sparkling white. Turn down service was an unexpected bonus. Typically we returned to the hotel before dinner to shower and change. Every evening when we returned from dinner, our room had been freshned up (again) - the bed was straightened, and we even got fresh towels (again). The room wasn't huge, but a comfortable size for a couple. We asked for, and got a king-sized bed in a non-smoking room. I wanted a hotel that I would look forward to returning to every evening, and the Hilton fit the bill. Every evening before going to bed, we stopped in the Purple Bar to relax, have a drink and talk about the day's adventure. A great setting to end the day. The Hilton isn't cheap, but for 3 days we spoiled ourselves in Paris and had a lovely time. I would not hesitate to return to the Hilton on my next visit to Paris."

• Travel date: 26th July 2005

Good business hotel

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"I have just stayed two nights in this hotel. I got a regular room in the 4th floor with a view on the patio. The hotel is quite new (1 year I believe) and the room was in perfect condition. Location is very quiet. The bed is comfortable with good blankets and a choice of pillows. The bathroom has a separate bath tub and shower. I travelled alone hence the room was perfectly sized, for two persons it would be on the small size. Service was very friendly and helpful. Restaurant offers good food, but be aware of very high beer prices (EUR 16 for a pint of lager in the restaurant!).. Location of the hotel is in a business district, but then again it is only a 10 min. walk to Etoile. Alltogether I would recommend this hotel mainly to business travellers."

• Travel date: 21st July 2005

good hotel

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"We got a good deal to stay in this hotel and were quite happy with the 10 minutes walk to teh Arc De Triomphe. We felt it was a good location for the price we paid. The hotel also had parking which was a necessity on a European driving holiday."

• Travel date: 19th July 2005

America in Paris

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"Very nice hotel! Stayed 3 nights July 5-8 2005. Paris lost the Olympics to London. Biggest thing to consider is that most of the clientele is American. If you're looking to immerse yourself in French life, this is not the place. If you're looking for guaranteed English speaking staff, air conditioning, and a king bed, you're in luck. But you're more likely to run into fellow guests from Detroit and Denver than from Dijon. And yes, this is a quiet neighborhood. We'll definitely come back."

• Travel date: 16th July 2005

This Is Not a Great Hotel

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"Just came back from a 5 night stay on my honeymoon. We had stayed the previous 6 nights in beautiful hotels in Rome and Nice and we're completely thrown off by our stay at the Hilton Arc. Let's face it folks, read the rest of the reviews and you'll find that everyone is either a HH Gold Member (oooooooh) or stayed in Executive class. If you don't have that sought after Gold Card and are just looking for a nice hotel in Paris.....this is not the one for you!. It is completely out of the way (15 minute walk to any signs of life). There is nothing open past 7:00 pm around the hotel. It is quiet because it is in the middle of a business area. The 3 square pillows you get are full of sand, and after waking up with a broken back, I asked the front desk if they could move us to a room with a better bed. Instead, they sent 2 guys to our room to place a big board under the mattress. There are far better hotels, in far better locations, for a far better value!"

• Travel date: 14th July 2005

Wonderful stay at the Hilton

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"We had a wonderful stay at the Hilton. Great location, close to the Courcelles metro (about a five-minute walk) and wonderful little neighborhood that include a small grocery store, wine store (Nicholas), cheese and sorbet shop etc. Just around the corner of the hotel and down the street a few steps, you will see the Arc de Triumphe and the Champs Elysses. When I return to Paris, I would stay here again in a second. This is a new hotel having opened last year. I don't know why someone would say it is showing its age. Beautiful condition and very, very clean. The valet and bellstaff were wonderful as were the the concierge, Purple bar and front desk staff. The room we had was 250 Euros a night for two double beds. (We are a family of four). Wonderful duvet. Would have liked to have had more pillows but I never bothered to ask for them. I am Hilton Honors but never received anything including a paper. Our traveling companions received welcome macaroons and a note from the manager but they were booked in a family suite which was 400 Euros a night."

• Travel date: 5th July 2005

Impressed

Reviewed 19th November 2012

"I stayed for 3 nights for around Eur250 a night, not quite a steal as some other travellers here. Yes, location is not too central, but I enjoy the fact that the neighbourhood is quiet. Furthermore, its not that bad. The nearest subway is Courcelles station, and its a 5 min walk. I have not tried the F&B, but felt that the prices for room service is reasonable. The spa is also a great inclusion, not easily available if you stay at the smaller hotels. The pricing turns out to be reasonable although I thought everything in Paris tends to be pricey. Overall, the room is nice. I had a twin, which is great in terms of size. General service level is good and staff are courteous. Would stay there again if I visit Paris again."

• Travel date: 5th July 2005

Terrific stay

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"Stayed here end of June. Agree with previous posts regarding location. Although close to the Champs d'Elysee, it is a bit off the beaten track. It is located in a neighbourhood of embassies and banks. Very little in the immediate vicinity. This does allow for a quiet sleep. Found a great restaurant on my last day. Head straight out the front door, down Blvd Lisbon (two minute walk) to Place Rio de Janero. Here you will find Restaurant Valois with its red awning. Traditional bistro fare (steak tartare, moules, escargots). Super busy at lunch with bankers etc.. dead at night as is the rest of the neighbourhood. Do stop at Parc Monceau which is right by the hotel. A truly beautiful oasis and a great spot to people watch... Back to the hotel: Comfortable, clean air conditioned rooms (the AC is weak especially when used en masse during a heat wave). Executive lounge very pleasant. Spa was lovely after a day of walking. Outdoor terrace restaurant also lovely. Service throughout stay fantastic. I would definitely return, but I would price shop. I stayed for 199 euros which I felt was a steal. Side note: since my last visit to Paris I found taxi service to be appalling. Several drivers had just "begun" their careers. Speak to them before you hop in if you can. If they don't know Paris, wait for another driver."

• Travel date: 4th July 2005

Hotels near Hotel du Collectionneur

Hotel du Collectionneur is also called

• Hilton Arc De Triomphe Paris Hotel