About Hotel Bradford Elysees - Astotel

• hair dryer
  • arabic amenities
  • baggage storage
  • breakfast in the room
  • express check in check out
  • bottled water
  • french amenities
  • telephone
  • german amenities
  • newspaper
  • soundproof rooms
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • spanish amenities
  • coffee tea maker
  • complimentary tea
  • blackout curtains
  • complimentary instant cofffee

Good
1900 reviews

Great value, perfect for Paris - business or pleasure

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Recommended by a friend, I stayed in this hotel for a 2-day business trip with a day of catching up with friends on the end of it. It was perfect. It is in an excellent location - I was a female on my own and I felt totally safe. There are loads of bars and restaurants nearby, and its a stone's throw from the Champs Elysee. And as the Paris sales start in January, that was important! I was a little dubious about the hotel because it was much cheaper than I would normally (have to) spend in Paris. But I thought it was excellent value for money. I had a very large twin room with a big window onto the street. It was very clean. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was an excellent power shower - top marks for that! Also, a good hairdryer - not one of those stupid boxes on the wall that emit a slight breeze while you miss your Eurostar train. And comfortable bed. The hotel is a typical small tardis-like hotel with lots of original features inside including a beautiful old cage lift wrapped in a spiral staircase. The rooms were furnished with quite tired furniture that redeemed itself through its inherent 'frenchness'! And was perfectly adequate. I did not try internet access, etc though. There is no bar or lounge, but so much nearby - I found a lovely boutique hotel around the corner on Rue de Berri called Champs Elysees Plaza and asked if I could use their nice (empty) lounge area. I sat there for a few hours, in their lounge ordering drinks and working. Best of both worlds! They could not have been more accomodating. (wonder what its like to stay there?). I also had a great curry at Anapurna, also round the corner and had a great night out at unfortunately named Charlie Birdy on rue de la Boetie, just down the road. The place didnt seem to close.... I was most impressed, though, with the staff at the Bradford Elysee. I was served by 3 different people at the front desk who were all smiling, polite and courteous. Really nice to see in Paris! All way above my general expectation of a Best Western. Even a 'Premier' one!"

• Travel date: 15th January 2007

Good hotel!

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"My husband and I booked this hotel at the last minute, we needed a place for one night at the end of our Paris-Florence honeymoon drive. We didn't have high expectations, but the hotel was actually quite nice. The elevator is an old fashioned lift, and we did have to handle our own bags. This wasn't a huge deal but some help would have been nice. Our room was large with a non-functioning fireplace, it was clear the building had been a functioning residence at one point. The windows were full length french doors that opened to the street, and the bathroom was new with marble and a nice tub/shower. The bedding was outdated, but the location was great and we enjoyed our last night in town staying here!"

• Travel date: 29th November 2006

Absolute waste of money!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"I was absolutely shocked that this hotel has the balls to charge 275 Euros for such a bad room and doesn't even include breakfast (and the crap breakfast - 20 Euros - doesn't even include hot milk, standard in Europe!). The bed was concave, the shower was a coffin, the furniture and bed clothes were old and musty. The Internet connection was 28 Euros for 1 day, but at Hotel George V it is only 22! The front desk would not send a fax for me. I was expected to carry my own bag, too. Isn't worth more than 100-140 Euros. Totally scandalous."

• Travel date: 21st September 2006

Nicey but a little pricey. Great Location!!!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"After doing reams of research (literally 500 pages of printouts), and screening most with TripAdvisor, we started running out time. Top picks were getting booked up and prices started going up. We had found a couple of hotels branded by Best Western and resorted to calling their 800 number and going down the list of available hotels. The Premier Bradford was one of the only ones left. It wasn't our first choice, location wise or feature wise, but time had run out, so we went for it. After a grueling trip over via Heathrow (an airport to be avoided if possible) we arrived at the Bradford (via shuttle 38E for two) and were ushered to our double (two twin bed) room. Turned out it was the room they feature in their photos. Actually quite large, unexpectedly so, after reading countless TA reviews. The Internet access was way expensive 27E per day, and the breakfast was not worth 20E per person, especially as there was a great patisserie a block away. The only real gripe is that we paid four star prices for a three star hotel. I thought that by going for a superior room in a three star hotel would be better value, but alas, not so. The room was big, but average. The bathroom was clean and modern, the tub/shower a little small, but very workable. The only complaint was that the lighting was not very bright making it hard to read. The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, no problem getting extra towels, etc. (though their idea of a washcloth is questionable...paper that was not replaced daily). The most surpising thing was the location. a few blocks from the Champs. Better yet, St. Phillip de Roule church is a circle that intersects with Hausmann, St. Honore and Franklin Roosevelt, major arteries that take you wherever you want to go. The FDR metro stop interescts happily with the line that takes you to the heart of St. Germain de Pres. All in all, an above average hotel in a great location!!!"

• Travel date: 18th September 2006

Loved The Bradford

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"I stayed at The Bradford Elysee for 3 nights in November. It was in a quiet residential area that felt very safe and was within easy walking distance to Champs Elysee and had a metro stop on the corner. The staff were very polite and helpful and the rooms were fine. I loved the old eleavator it added to the charm of the place."

• Travel date: 7th February 2006

Good hotel but bed too soft

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Bradford Elysee for two nights in October 2005. We had booked a standard room and were allocated a room on the 6th floor. The lift only arrives to the 5th floor, so we had to negotiate a flight of stair. The room was comfortable and the bathroom well appointed (with a good power shower). The only problem was that the bed was very soft - as I suffer of back pain, this was a bit of an issue for me (it is not fun to sightsee with a shooting pain down the back!). Overall the staff was friendly and helpful. As we benefited from an excellent rate, we feel that the hotel was good value for money."

• Travel date: 24th October 2005

Clean, pleasant, great service & good location

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"The hotel is a small gem off the main drag and constantly moving Champs Elysee. It is a small property with clean rooms, typical small european size but include mini bars, nice sized baths and cool flat screen tvs. Staff is very nice and accomodating. Near three metro stops which will get you quickly to many of the sites. Only blocks from the Arche de Triomphe. Bottom line - pleasantly surprised for the price."

• Travel date: 26th September 2005

Charming, Well-Located and Clean

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"My mother and I stayed at the Hotel Bradford on a weekend getaway in April, and both our room and the lobby were lovely. The location is great, only a 5-minute walk from the Champs-Elysees, but in a quiet residential area. Our room faced the front, yet we noticed almost no traffic noise. The staff was helpful and courteous. The hotel was a little expensive, but not for the neighborhood."

• Travel date: 11th June 2005

This place is a fire trap, old, dirty, noisy, a dump

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"not a four star by any standards, back stairway blocked by paint equipment, elevator rickety and main stairway in same shaft, dont stay there. This hotel is a great dissapointment. The picturtes posted on the net was probably of a nearby castle not the actual room. The street noise was unbearable, they had never heard of noiseproofing and doubleglazed windows. Worst was the fact that the place is a fire trap. I was shown a room on the top floor, and the only way down was a narrow back stairway blocked by paint equipment. The elevator was old and rickety and shared same space with main stairway. No smoke-detectors in rooms. Of course, they had never heard of sprinklers. No fire trucks could reach hotel due to narrow, congested streets. This was rated 4 stars, premier hotel. Shame on the Best Bestern Chain for debasing its product."

• Travel date: 26th March 2005

Charming and worthwhile

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"This hotel was beautiful...I stayed in a beautiful room on the 5th floor. I am assuming the single rooms are a bit under par, however, the room in which I stayed had a beautiful view and was beautifully accomodating. It is not a hotel for those who are spoiled and feel the need to be catered to by the hotel staff; it IS a hotel for those who want to feel as if they are coming home to wash and sleep very well after a day of exploring Paris. Around the corner is a wonderful cafe for breakfast and it is only a short walking distance to the Champs-Elysees and the Tour Eiffel. I felt as if I truly got to experience Paris. If you prefer the full tourist routine, then this is not the hotel for you. If you are comfortable feeling a bit independent with help if you need it, then this hotel is perfect. I stayed there for a week and loved it."

• Travel date: 27th December 2004

Hotels near Hotel Bradford Elysees - Astotel

Hotel Bradford Elysees - Astotel is also called

• Bradford Elysees Hotel
  • best western hotel paris
  • best western paris