Junior Suite

As good as you'll get

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"A great small hotel to stay in central Paris. My wife and I have just come back from a seven day trip and I can't disagree with anything positive said by previous reviewers. The buffet breakfast is good and whilst I might have thought 12 euros a head a bit high, we got a good internet deal for the room with breakfast included. Luxembourg RER station is direct from CDG airport and is a level 400 yards walk away (although you will encounter some steps at the station) whilst Odeon is the Metro station about 200 yards away."

• Travel date: 20th February 2006

Excellent choice

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"We have stayed 4 nights in hotel Jardin de l'Odeon. I had been in Paris before and the reason I am highly rating this hotel is: - St Germain and Quartier Latin are THE best places to stay in Paris. Centered, lively, beautiful. - The "art déco" style is great. - Quiet street. - Fair room and bathroom. - Educated and friendly english speakers staff. - Cousy environment. Couples will like it. By the way, La Cambuse restaurant in front of the hotel is an excelent french cuisine experience. Small, traditional and tasty food!"

• Travel date: 31st January 2006

Very nice hotel

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"My husband and I also stayed at Christmas time and found this to be a very nice hotel. We had a rate of 220 Euros for a deluxe room, and were given room 41, which was actually a small two room suite with a little private balcony. This room would be absolutely wonderful in the spring and summer (when you can get your breakfast sent up to enjoy on the terrace) and the layout would be great for parents travelling with a teenager, for example. Each room in itself was small, but the storage areas were smartly designed and ample. The double bed in the main room was one of those with a crack down the middle (why these are so ubiquitous in a city as romantic as Paris is a mystery to me, but I find I can never get away from them, no matter what I request.) The second room had a trundle bed, so could also sleep two. We simply used the twin size to spread out our luggage. Both rooms had separate televisions. Bed was comfortable, had nice linens (sheets had been ironed) and there was a side table on each side, so there was a bit of space to walk around the bed. The bathroom was good-sized, sparkling clean, nice towels but no washcloths, and a shampoo/shower gel combo. The hotel is on a very quiet street, and the location is just a few blocks from the Luxembourg RER stop, so it's a good location for going to or coming from CDG. It is fairly quiet, but there are some noises from the chambermaid in the hallway, and the elevator operation, so those seeking tomb-silence (which we found at the Ville d' Estrees) would do better elsewhere. Breakfast here was 12 euros and it was a good value: Fruits, yoghurts, croissants, meats and cheeses and cereal and juice selections. My only quibble is that the coffee was served in one of those airpots like you'd find at a Perkins restaurant in the states, rather than freshly brewed. There are places within an easy walk for coffee, however. Staff was very nice and accomodating. There is a good-sized luggage room in the basement, where we were able to leave our bags until late in the day on our departure day. Coming back to retreive them, there are also two very nice bathrooms in the basement so you can make a stop before boarding the RER for your ride to CDG."

• Travel date: 8th January 2006

A cosy Christmas

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"I spent a couple of nights here over Christmas while visiting a relative nearby, and I was very comfortable. The room was warm, clean and quiet (it backed on to a courtyard); I was given a double room even though I was on my own, and it was a bit larger than rooms in this grade of hotel often are in that part of Paris. I booked it as part of a Eurostar package and everything went smoothly. The staff were friendly. I didn't try the breakfast."

• Travel date: 28th December 2005

Lovely little hotel - great location

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"This lovely little hotel is in a fantastic location, just off St.Germain Boulevard. We stayed for two nights and had a great time. The staff were friendly and courteous and spoke good English and we plan on staying there again next time we're in Paris."

• Travel date: 19th December 2005

What a find!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"The Jardin de L'Odeon proved to be a great find. The rooms are a little tight (as expected) but absolutely charming in décor, and sparkling clean! The staff is welcoming and helpful, the lobby comfortable and chic. The breakfast buffet was delicious with the best bread you've ever had, a wide selection of jams and fruit and delicious coffee. It's a five minute walk to the metro and the Latin Quarter is always hopping. A great escape from the main Parisian sites at the end of a long day of sightseeing."

• Travel date: 12th December 2005

I Absolutely Recommend This Hotel

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"This was our first visit to Paris. It was our 2nd wedding anniversary and also Thanksgiving week, we were looking for a small romantic getaway. My husband and I agree that the hotel was perfect. We knew that Parisien room sizes are small, so when my husband and I arrived, we were prepared. And, it really wasnt bad at all. The bed was the equivalent of an American full size bed and it was comfortable. The TV had BBC, CNN (a plus for English speaking folks). The heat worked marvelously (even had to crack the window open a little bit). The rooms appear freshly renovated as did the bathroom (which included a full tub- a great evening ender/treat after walking in the Louvre all day). The hotel location is perfect. It's a couple blocks to the Metro station (on the 4 line, a great line for getting around Paris). If you're in the mood for a 10 minute stroll, you're on the doorsteps of the Louvre or Notre Dame. The Latin Quarter is right next door (5 min walk) for lots of different food choices and nightlife options. The St. Germain Des Pres area, where the hotel is located, has many great cafes, bistros, brasseries and restaurants from which to choose. We never had breakfast at the hotel since there were quite a few options within a few blocks. The concierge service was great. They recommended (and arranged) an "Anniversary Evening" dinner out at a restaurant for us, which was nearby and fit the bill perfectly. Without a doubt, we would stay there again in a heartbeat. The only thing to keep in mind, the place is NOT the Ritz. It's very modern, clean, with nice staff, and a great location. Do not expect huge rooms and you should love it there."

• Travel date: 30th November 2005

A lovely place to stay

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"We're just back from Paris. We spent only two nights in this hotel, but we had a great stay. I'm going to tell you all the best and the worst (not so much actually) of this hotel. + The location is great, you are just in the heart of St. Germain des Pres, surrounded by a lot of restaurants, cafes and bars. + The nearest subway station (Opera) is only three minutes walking from the hotel and you are connected with the rest of the city in a short time. + I found a good offer on internet, so the price was extremely good if compared to the service and the room we had. + The staff is extremely helpful and welcomes you very warmly. + The room and all the common areas were clean - Breakfast is a little bit expensive for the buffet they offer. - The room we had was a little bit small...but was so nice! - The hall doesn't look so nice as the rest of the rooms. - The pictures you find on internet are not as beautiful as the rooms are in reality. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who has to travel to Paris."

• Travel date: 10th November 2005

Best location in Paris

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Firts you have to know that in Paris the best place to stay is in st germain because you have all there, the best places to eat, places to drink, to shopping, it´s secure,the metro works perfect on it to all the places.Really, is the best places and i know it because i ´ve been wlaking all around paris. The hotel is little like all in paris , but the bathroom it´s perfect, no surprises, and the rooms are new refurnished. The people have perfect english and very kind. There are other hotels similar but more expensive besides. In 15 minutes you are in museum Orsay, and by metro you are in 10-15 min in everywhere without changing lines or just once. Don´t be stupid and don´t look more. Stay there and you will remind my name for ever."

• Travel date: 3rd November 2005

Clean and Well Maintained

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"We visited this hotel on our honeymoon for five nights at the end of September and really enjoyed it. The location is fantastic with plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby as well as good proximity to the Metro and the train station, though you hardly need it as you can walk everywhere from this central location. The rooms are very well maintained and spotless, and the bathroom is modern with new tiles and fixtures. Although quite small, the rooms are well laid out and have everything you need. The street is very quiet and we heard no street noise at all the entire time we were there, even though we were on the second floor (on Rue DeLavigne). My only complaint about this hotel is that *inside* the hotel, it's very noisy. We could hear our next-door-neighbour going to the bathroom and taking a shower! When the cleaning staff were in the bathroom next to us, you would think it was a herd of elephants as it was very, very noisy. Loud bangs and clunks and squeaks. Definitely enough to wake us up every morning. We could also hear people speaking outside our room fairly often. It's unfortunate that they've done so well soundproofing the hotel from the street, but have neglected to take the same care inside the hotel. Having said that, the location is fantastic, and it's very clean and the front desk staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The lobby is very nice as well and is a great place to sit and chat with fellow guests. I would recommend this hotel to visitors, but would give them a warning that if they like to spend late nights at the jazz clubs like my husband and I did, they may want to consider bringing earplugs for the "morning after"!"

• Travel date: 10th October 2005

Hotels near Hotel Baume

Hotel Baume is also called

• Jardin de l'Odeon Hotel
  • jardin de l odeon paris
  • jardin de l odeon