About Hotel Augustin - Astotel

• hair dryer
  • baggage storage
  • breakfast in the room
  • bottled water
  • express check in check out
  • french amenities
  • special diet menus
  • portuguese amenities

Perfect!

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Good price, 10 minutes to metro (Madeleine) and easy walk to starting point for l'open tour bus.

The room was very stylish and modern and the bathroom was huge and clean. Also had a semi-balcony window overlooking a queiet Parisienne street. Also stored bags for us on last day.

Very good hotel especially if you can get an internet special!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of August 2007

Ok hotel

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"The location is good,metro accessible easily, close to the grand Magasins and park Monceau. The hotel was clean, safe and the staff very friendly. I was disappointed with the fact that in the website they offer hi-speed internet. However it's actually a wireless service provided by another company that is extremely expensive. I have been in several hotels in Paris and I consider this one a very decent hotel. Good Luck"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

Very disappointing

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"I booked this hotel through the Best Western website, thinking that the chain name would guarantee a certain standard of accommodation.
I booked a double room as I like to have space. However, on arrival at the hotel, they told me that only a single room was available and offered a free breakfast. As I was in a hurry, I accepted without looking at the room.
The room was tiny and gloomy and had one single bed. The window was high up and you could only look out if you stood on a chair. In any event, the "view" was pretty unprepossessing - a sort of shaft with some sort of air conditioning-type machinery which sprang loudly into action several times during the night.
When I arrived , the bathroom window was wide open and I later understood why - there was a very bad drainy smell when the window was closed. So i had to choose between the smell and the noise and cold.
Noisy neighbours running up and down the wooden stairs at 1 a.m. added to the total experience.
Breakfast was ok and the public area was reasonably attractive, but I will not be returning to this hotel!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of May 2007

Perfect Parisian Hotel!

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"i stayed at the St Augustin, Paris in May 2007 for 3 nights. My room was a superior twin ( my daughter was supposed to come along then didn't!). The hotel was great. The room was amazingly spacious by Parisian standards. You could have actually put another double bed in it and still had room to walk around. The decor was modern and fresh, and i believe that is was fairly new. The bathroom was large and had a shower (no tub) which was fine with me. The only thing i can never understand about european showers is the lack of a door or window to keep the water where it belongs.. the shower curtain allowed water to escape, and run down the wall, which of course caused the paint to peel. I am okay with peeling paint, it doesn't really bother me. The room was extremely clean, and came with a electric teapot, and tea and coffee. The breakfast was good and the breakfast room is very attractive. The staff was all very professional and courteous. The key policy is to leave it at the hotel while you are out, and for the very many times i came back, no one was ever rude or short. On the contrary, they were all very polite. The location is good, with the metro stop on the #9 line, St Augustin. You can also use the RER B train, and the #12 line which goes to St Lazare. the neighborhood was good and as i was travelling alone, i never felt threatened or unsafe. There are several restaurants and cafes close by and Monoprix down the block for drinks and snacks. It was a great experience and I would most definitley reccommend this hotel"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of May 2007

Very Small Rooms!

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"We only stayed the one night due to an overbooking incident at our original hotel. The hotel was well located and the staff were friendly. The room was extremely small and no airconditioning at the time of the year we were there meant the room was quite hot. A small balcony had a good view even catching the tip of the Arc de Triomphe. Recommended for those who aren't claustrophobic !"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of August 2005

don't go there!!

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"stayed at the st. augustin about two years ago for a weekend break with my partner. i was so disappointed when we arrived, the room was very small with a tiny tv in a corner. the only english channel available was CNN. we had been informed that there was a bar in the 'hotel' but this consisted of a small corner to the left of reception with three chairs and a bottle of brandy and gin!! the lift was also a death trap as it was in much need of repair. however the 'hotel' was clean and accomadation staff changed the sheets each day. i can't remember what we paid for the hotel, as it was part of a three day break, but i know it wasn't cheap. i did not expect a palace but neither did i expect a second rate B&B, which is basically what the st. augustin 'hotel' is. we made the best of our break and loved paris but next time i'll be staying somewhere different."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of December 2004

Next time somewhere else

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"Me and my wife just spent three nights in this hotel. The location was okay. About 200 metres to the nearest metro station and maybe 500 more meters to the next one, which had more lines crossing. Short walk to blvd. Haussmann where you could find Galleries Lafayette and other shops.
The hotel itself was nothing special. We got a good room from the fifth floor. The room was in the corner of the building why it was bigger than the others. Still there was problems to find space to our luggage. Room was very cold when we entered, but after we put some heating on that was no more a problem. Still the floor in the bathroom was very cold. One interesting thing was that the room had two tiny balconies. That might be nice in the summertime. There seemed to be also a air condition, but we didn't use that. Wonder why..? ;)
The room wasn't very clean in my opinion. There was a lot of dust on the walls behind the radiator and also in the corners and behind the curtains. We also found some trash from the wardrobe. Not very nice. Otherwise our room was okay.
Breakfast is a joke. We got good coffee okay, but there was really nothing much to eat; a croissant some kind of muffin and a small piece of bread plus marmelade and butter. Those were brought to you. If you could find a way you could try to struggle through full packed small brakfast room to get some cereals from one corner where it was put to be served.
When we were leaving the hotel we were in a hurry to airport and asked the receptionist to call us a taxi. We went outside to wait for that. After twenty minutes the lady came to tell us that she can't get through and probably at this time she won't because it's a rush hour and if she did, it would take maybe half an hour to taxi to arrive! And NOW she's telling that to us!! Why didn't she say that in the first place?? So, after taht we were REALLY in a hurry. We started running to the Roissybus even though we knew we would miss the plane, but then we got lucky and found a free taxi who just left a customer! He drove as fast as he could in that horrible traffic and we made it to the plane.
Summary: as this was a three star hotel, I was slightly disappointed. Next time I'll try some else."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of October 2004

Quality hotel was quality

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"Hotel was friendly, affordable and clean. This was top of the 3* Range. No views from hotel, but in the middle of all attractions. My first time in Paris this hotel topped off a great weekend."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of August 2004

Very Poor

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"You don't get what you pay for in this low end hotel. After frequently staying at the Quality in the mid 90s, I stayed there twice recently based on making non-refundable reservations through their web site. Upon arrival the first time, my requested style of room was not available and they argued that the error was the web site, their own (one room with two beds verse a room with one double bed) and did not offer to rectify the situation. The second stay a week later, the A/C in the first room was not running so they sent me to a second. It ran but produced no cool air. After receiving the "not like American air conditioners" comment, I forced them to provide a third room. No appologies. No sorry.
The local Alcatel office will be taking them off of the "try for personal travel" list. I recommend you do the same. There are other discount hotels in the preferred St. Augustin area with better service and larger rooms for the same euro."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of August 2004

No more 3 star hotels

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"The Quality St. Augustin hotel resides in a quiet business district. The description said that they were multiligual but only one person spoke english fluently. When she was not on duty we had difficulty. We visited in July. It was very very hot. The hotel did not have an ice machine or ice. They suggested that we purchase the bottled water for $3 per bottle in the room refrigerator. The T.V. was one small 13 inch. The only english channel was CNN. The twin beds were actually half of a twin. The hotel had large bath towels only but no small wash cloths. The rooms are very small and no view. There was a free breakfast which was delicious. French pastries, cereal, coffee etc. No seconds! If you like shopping, the hotel is just a short stroll from Blvd. Haussman. That's were all the shopping is. There are many cafes in the area too and the beautiful St. Augustin church. The metro subway is also a short stroll from the hotel. very quaint areat. If you don't mind roughing it a bit you would like this place."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2003