Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est

5 Rue du 8 Mai 1945 10 Arr., 75010 Paris France

Loved the New Rooms!

Good

"Pleasant surprise! We loved the remodeled rooms which were quite modern. The bathroom was a decent size and clean! The furniture is exactly as pictured on the holiday inn website.

You are directly across the street from the Gare de L'est train station and about four or five blocks from Gare du Nord. We were able to walk from Gare du Nord with our bags in tow. If you fly into CDG airport you take the RER B for 8.40 euros to Gare du Nord. There is room for your luggage (no racks) on the train. It will take about 35 minutes to arrive. Check the map available at the Paris Tourism counter and you will easily locate the hotel.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The lobby and bar area are nice. The bar isn't staffed all the time, but we are not drinkers so it didn't matter to us. There are three restaurants that flank the hotel. We highly recommend Indiana Restaurant if you like Tex Mex and decent prices! The food we had will remind you of home - the only place we tried with a decent hamburger! Of course you don't go to Paris for a hamburger or nachos!

On the metro you will take lines 1 and 4 to get to most sites. Very quick rides, maybe 15 minutes to city centre. The metro isn't bad but you may see some interesting sites that I will not mention here. But we always felt safe.

There is not alot near the hotel to see/do but it is an excellent and affordable location. Use this hotel as your base to see the sites and take the tours. We highly recommend the full-day Versailles tour with lunch. The Trianons and the Hamlet are awesome! We also would strongly recommend a dinner cruise on the Seine with the Plaisir Menu. We took our tours with Paris Vision and had no problems.

Enjoy your stay!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of January 2009

Great location, poor service

"the room was fine, a bit small but all are in paris. however, there was no window in the bathroom and there were big screen doors in the bedroom which had been locked and you were not allowed to unlock, therefore no circulation in the room. the thermostat was not very good, even though paris was very cold our room was boiling and you couldnt change the temp. nor open the window!
reception were inefficient. no information was given about the city, bar, breakfast etc.
the most irritating thing about the reception was we paid on arrival and then for the next two mornings and 6.30 (!!!) they called our room to say that there was a problem with the card that we had booked with, and i had to point out each time that we had already paid!
if you sat at the bar you were lucky if the bartender was there, and they didnt speak any english! recpetions english was not very good either.
over all we were very dissapointed. for a holiday inn the quality was apauling."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of January 2009

Last minute Paris

Good

"On a last minute trip I booked 2 nights in this hotel in order to attend a nearby exhibition. I was pleasantly surprised by the standard of the accommodation: it was clean, modern and centrally located near the Metro station and the Gare de l'Est.

I did not sample the hotel food as I found ample opportunity to eat at known local restaurant nearby. The local area could be perceived as slightly dodgy but no more so that normal inner city areas in the UK.

The service was typically French, slightly abrupt but very professional and prompt. Check in was completed effciently and there was absolutely no reason to fault the modern, comfortable room facilities."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of January 2009

Small Room, Great Location, EXCELLENT Staff

Good

"The Holiday Inn Gare de L'est is a small hotel located in a nice area. If you're taking the Metro, make sure you use exit #5 @ the Gare de L'est station and you'll literally be right in front of the hotel. I booked my stay last minute using hotel points for the first 2 nights of my Paris visit.

Check in was a breeze and I stayed on the "Priority Club" floor which was nice as it's one of the higher floors - 6th.

I stayed in room 615, the view was great (it looked right into Gare de L'est station from the balcony) and I adored the bathroom especially the big bathtub. The bed was extra comfy and I definitely had a peaceful night's sleep. The room was VERY small but comfortable and definitely met the needs of my friend and I.

There's not too much going on as far as sight seeing in the area but there are a couple of restaurants and cafes, a post office about 2 blocks and of course McDonalds.

My favorite part of the hotel outside of the bathtub was the staff. They were extremely welcoming and accommodating and even helped me figure out how to replace my broken cell phone that I was using while in Paris. They were also courteous enough to extend my check out by 2 hours since I had a lot of running around to do.

All in all I would say I was satisfied by the accommodations but very pleased by the wonderful staff..."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of December 2008

A Central Choice - but not the Ultimate

"If you are checking in from Asia, you'd notice that French reception is not the same. Get used to it. Expect curd and clinical service - as best as they try to be warm and friendly.

We requested for a joining room - at the time of reservations which was about a month or 2 away. And I followed with a call to make sure this was done. Surprise? No? It was not attended to at check-in. So, fine, they said a joining room will be ready in 10 minutes. 10 minutes? Not too bad. Worth a wait. Translate that 10 minutes into 2 hours and it will be easy to understand the frustration.

Being a platinum member of the ICHotel group, I dont expect suites and alike, but at least some promptness which was certainly scarce in this part of the community.

Overlooking this small mis-adventure, this hotel is delightful. It is walking distance to the St Quentin Marche (Market) which is a must visit. Otherwise, it is central to the Gare de L'est station right across the hotel.

In a nutshell, 6 over 10."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of November 2008

Small room dodgy area

"Had a room on the top (8th) floor. It was clean and tidy but very small with very little storage. Also be warned, from 6 am every 2 minutes you will have the rumbling and shaking from the Metro under the hotel, although did not have this on lower floors for some reason. Also the area away from gare d'lest is best kept away from "! there were some very dodgy characters of african appearance on most street corners, and many of them seemed intent on urinating in the street. The best thing i can say about this hotel is the friendly welcome, its clean, and the breakfast was very good. Wouldnt stay there again for the price they charge."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of October 2008

Suprised at how good this hotel is.

"Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. I received a very warm welcome at the reception. I asked for a double bed with the room looking onto the street, which I got. The standard room I got, which in some hotels would be class as a superior room, was very tastefully decorated and very clean. One of the reviews said the area was bad around the hotel. On the first day I felt uncomfortable walking the main street but soon got use to it. I would definitely stay in this hotel and would recommend it to others."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of September 2008

Great Location & Hotel

"I booked this hotel based on one good review on the this website (Huw2006) and I must say it was well worth the risk.

The underground station is right outside the doorstep of the hotel and being a huge underground station, it had up to 4 lines to get to anywhere in Paris. Its also near to the Eurostar station which is a stop away or 15 minutes walk.

The surrounding areas may be a bit run down and like many big cities had a lot of homeless and people with alcohol problems. One of the main roads housed a lot of ethnic shops and cafes which I found to be quite interesting.

The hotel itself was lovely. The staff were friendly and were at hand to help you with any questions. The room had good air conditioned, looked very new with new furnishings and very well colour co-ordinated as well. The bathroom was well lit and clean with good shower and bath. The room was well insulated and we could hardly hear our neighbours. The breakfast were very good too but it cost 15 euros per person. I didnt know our 3 persons party were not entitled to the breakfast until late in the evening when we were locked out of our rooms and had to report to the reception and were then told to pay for the expensive breakfast. I thought they should have left a note in our room instead rather than locking people out to claim their money back.

Also my mobile phone was left behind on the bedside table and inform them when I got back to London but they are yet to call me to let me know if the housekeeping had found it. Both the above issues dampened my stay at the hotel though through no fault of the hotel staff.

I booked the hotel together with the train ticket so I wasnt sure how much it had cost us for the two rooms. I would definitely going back there again and highly recommend it to anyone who is going to Paris"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of August 2008

Fantastic location for the metro!

Good

"This hotel is in a fantastic location for access to the metro to take you into Paris. You are never more than 20 minutes tube journey from any of the central parisian attractions and you can also walk from the hotel into the centre. If you can use the London Tube you will have no problem using the Pars metro as they are the same thingjust about.
The hotel was lovely and clean, drinks were very pricey though in the bar 10e for 2 lemonades!so take your own drinks into the room, tea and coffee are sparse as well so again take your own dependant on the amount you drink, getting more was like pulling teeth! Overall though very friendly staff and a lovely hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 27th of August 2008

Perfect stay

Good

"Also for me a great experience... I had a very good and friendly check in, staff was anticipating in my needs and gave me the feeling that I was welcome.

The hotel is fully renovated and the rooms look very nice. They have a flat screen, lots of choice in movies, etc...

I had a very good experience in the bar. When entering, I had a warm welcome from the duty manager, who was also helping out. I asked him if it was possible to open the window and when I came back from dinner, it was arranged.
The flexibility of the staff is great!

I really had a great time in this hotel and I recommend it to everybody I know."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of August 2008

Hotels near Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est

Stayed at Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est? Share your insight.

Holiday Inn Paris-Gare de L'Est is also called