Exterior

Good

Exceptional!

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the George V in November with our 2 daughters (aged 6 and 10). The staff were exceptional, professional and friendly. The children were given an ouststanding welcome in the room (balloons, smarties, t-shirts with their names on them to mention just some of the gifts that were waiting for them!). The accommodation was wonderfully comfortable with a host of little touches that make the difference: cd's, a jogging map, a selection of English and French books ... and the spa is just amazing (the children were even welcome in the pool and were given disposable swimsuits as we hadn't thought to pack them) with spacious and luxurious treatment rooms and very professional, extremely competent staff. Would recommend without any hesitation and would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: 22nd January 2005

PERFECT!!!

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"My wife and I stayed here for the 1st night of our honeymoon in November and were blown away with the quality of service and the surroundings of the hotel. Everything we had anticipated and had read about was by far surpassed. We were even upgraded to a suite which had NINE seperate rooms, a dinning table that sat eight people, a four poster bed and a room rate of 2500 euros more than we had payed for our room!!! The resaurant was romanticaly dark, the food outstanding and the service warm and helpful without being fussy or over-bearing. Considering its reputation as one of Paris' top restaurants, the grand surroundings and the not insignificant cost this put us at ease at once and allowed us to enjoy ourselves totally. They even went as far as puting flowers on our table that matched the ones I had ordered for our room! We would recommened the afternoon tea just for the experience of being able to order grossly overpriced, but delicious finger sandwiches and glorious bloody marys!! The whole experience was made complete by hotel service which at no point made us feel uncomfortable or out of place but went just that little bit further and made us feel like royalty. Overall, our stay here was just about as perfect a way to finish off your wedding day as I could imagine."

• Travel date: 16th January 2005

In a word - Superb

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"As a connoisseur of 5 star hotels worldwide, and a marketing specialist, I know quality. In my opinion, attention to detail is what makes a hotel memorable or forgettable.. Unlike it's New York City counterpart, this Four Seasons establishments hits the mark - absolutely superb; I would even go as far as to say one of the best hotels I've ever had the pleasure to stay with. I stay here often, but most recently Jan 4th-11th. As always, sensational, friendly, efficient staff & immaculate surroundings. Impeccable design, without losing the charm of it's architecture. All amenities, nothing is too big or small, and they respect your privacy - finally, a hotel that 'gets it'!! Enjoy, Mon Ami :-)"

• Travel date: 12th January 2005

a memorable trip

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"We travelled to Paris from our Greek island home to celebrate a special birthday in Paris at the George V, and it was the perfect choice. We stayed for 5 nights over Christmas and the service was immaculate. The special Christmas Eve Dinner was not what we wanted to eat and they went to great lengths to give us a really memorable meal and evening specially prepared by their Chef. The Suite was spectacular and nothing was left to chance, everything was beautifully positioned in the room and the bathroom was particularly well appointed. Congratulations to all at the George V and thanks for giving us a very special time; we will back for another celebration next year."

• Travel date: 11th January 2005

Absolutely Fantastic

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Our recent stay at the Four Seasons was one of our most memorable ever. Every detail and courtesy was extended to us throughout our stay. The staff was just about the friendliest and most helpful that we have ever encountered. This hotel is truly in a class of it's own and would be the only one we would consider on our next visit to Paris. If you are willing to spend the money, there would be no wiser choice than to invest your time at the Four Seasons George V."

• Travel date: 6th January 2005

Sublime!!

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"I stayed in the George V from the 24th to 26th of December after a brief stay at the Ritz. My objective was actually to compare the two world-reknowned hotels in Paris and this is my personal opinion. The two hotels are in 2 different worlds altogether. Both are very luxurious and deserve their reputations but while the Ritz was opulent, ornate and well..... Ritzy, the George V was a statement in classic, refined elegance. The duplex suite I had was absolutely beautiful. Service here is the BEST I have EVER received in any luxury hotel. From the chauffeur all the way to the manager, they epitomise the type of quality service which every hotel should try to emulate. Its location is fantastic being steps away from the Champs Elysees as well as the Eiffel Tower. Although I did think that the location of the Ritz on the Place Vendome was more exclusive. The restaurant Le Cinq was pricey for their Christmas dinner but it was extremely well worth it. Chef Phillip Legendre is truly a legend. The spa is a wonderful place to relax and unwind. I would definitely return to this hotel the next time I am in Paris whether for a brief stopover or a vacation. George V will create a substantial dent in the bank account but it is worth every penny!"

• Travel date: 6th January 2005

A real treat

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"My husband and I have just returned from our honeymoon in the George V. Everything about the hotel was wonderful from start to finish. The hotel is very well located, the level of service from the staff is amazing and the flower arrangments throughout the hotel were stunning. We were upgraded to a premier room and it was lovely. All of this comes at a price but it is definitely worth splashing out for that special occassion."

• Travel date: 26th November 2004

not for business!

Reviewed 22nd November 2012

"nice hotel, but don't stay here unless you don't care not to receive your faxes in time, or if telephones are transfered to the wrong room (if you are the unlucky one to have the same family name as another guest...) better stay at the Plaza Athenee or Meurice! splendid service overthere!"

• Travel date: 25th November 2004

very nice hotel, but the management...

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"This is on point of architecture and decoration for sure one of the nicest hotels in the world! The staff is outstanding...but you must like this kind of FAKE acting staff, forced by the manager behind to smile even more then needed! I had some problems during my stay, and must say that even the follow up is great, you must like the acting of the Director of Rooms Devision and the Front of the house Manager and her Assistant, because they act like they know you for years (would not even whish it!) and are actually laughing in your face behind. Anyhow if all the other deluxe hotels in paris are overbooked, you can start thinking of going to the best hotel of the world (for guest for sure, wondering for staff...!)"

• Travel date: 20th November 2004

George V a 10 !!

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"We recently had the extreme pleasure of staying at the George V in Paris. What a treat !! Location was perfect ! Walked to Champs Elysees, Arc, Eiffel Tower, etc.. Service--beyond expectations, room was huge, walk-out balcony and quiet !! Beds most comfortable, staff--excellent......if you can stomach the rates---it's a must once in your life !!! Lyn K So. Cal."

• Travel date: 9th November 2004