Booked at the Dream Castle through exped...

Reviewed Sun 13th of April 2008

"Booked at the Dream Castle through expedia, as for some reason we couldn't book at this hotel through the Disneyland website. We flew with Air France, which was also booked through expedia, and we used Alpha Limousines to get us from the airport to the hotel and back again. I would fly with Air France again, and would highly recommend Alpha Limousines to anyone who wants a hassle free transfer. The vehicles were immaculate, and our chaffeur was friendly and smartly dressed.

We checked into the Dream Castle at about 6pm. As promised the reception staff spoke English, and the check in went fairly smoothly. We had to pay a city tax on arrival, which was approximately 13 euros for 4 of us, and I had read to expect this.

We stayed in a family room which was gorgeous. The bathroom was beautiful and clean with a bath/shower combination, hair-dryer and shaver point, shaving/make-up mirror and L'Occitane shower and hair gel and hand wash.

There were hooks on the wall just inside the door for coats; a free-standing wardrobe with room in the top for 1 suitcase, hanging space, and two small shelves at the bottom with a laptop sized safe which you can program with your own 4-digit combination.

There was a small fridge in our room, and I had read that it could be stocked as a mini-bar although we didn't take that option. There was a larger than portable remote control colour TV with about 24 channels, mostly french but a couple were English. There was also a desk and two small bedside units with a shelf each

The bed was huge with a fairly firm mattress and lovely soft pillows. We were warm enough even though it snowed during the night. The kids had bunk beds which each had their own light, and there was a privacy curtain which could be drawn across, however, my little boy thought it was there for him to play hide and seek with.

When the curtains are closed it is very dark in the room, however, I had taken a night light so that we could see to get to the kids to the bathroom without turning on the lamps or main lights.

The only disappointments with the room were that (a) there were no tea and coffee facilities provided, so if you wanted a brew in the morning you would need a travel kettle, and (b) there were no drawers.

The rooms were cleaned daily. I had read that the maids came very early, so made sure to leave my 'do not disturb' sign on the door and we weren't disturbed.

The restaurant was accessed by taking a lift down to level 1 (reception level) and then stairs to the ground level. The ground level could be reached by the lifts, but then we could not get to the restaurant. I expect arrangements could have been made for people to bypass the stairs to access the restaurant, but this would need to be checked. Breakfast was buffet style in the morning, and some mornings were busier than others. We stayed 4 nights, and had to queue twice in the morning although no longer than 5 minutes. In the morning there was a selection of cold meat and cheeses and rolls; bacon, scrambled eggs, potato cubes and beans (definitely not Heinz!); a choice of two cereals with milk; fruit salad; yogurts; croissants; fruit juice, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. We dined in the restaurant on the evening we arrived, however, the bill came to 105 Euros. It is a fixed price buffet with drinks being extra. We had only just sat down when the people on the table next to us said that there wasn't much choice and it definitely wasn't worth the money. After the meal my husband and I were forced to agree with those sentiments, and we didn't make the same mistake twice. The second night we were there we dined at Annette's Diner in Disney Village, although the menu choice was limited and my burger was virtually cold when it arrived. The third night we were there we had a McDonalds for lunch and took sandwichs and salads back to our room for supper. On our last day there we had intended to order room service as we calculated it would have been cheaper than eating in the restaurant, but we visited the Disney Studios park and ended up dining at the Rendez-vous restaurant. Again it was a fixed price all-you-can-eat buffet, but there was plenty of variety, the food was good, and we felt it was value for money.

We had a drink in the bar one night whilst we were there, but there is limited space and nothing for the children. It took a while for the waiter to get to us to take our order, and when it arrived my drink wasn't what I had ordered (although it was replaced very quickly). Drinks for 4 of us cost 18 euros, so we didn't stay for long.

There is children's entertainment in the restaurant and reception area. The entertainment in the reception area consisted of some small children's coin operated rides, air hockey machines (adult and child sized) and a small ball pool. The entertainment in the restaurant consisted of a small area set aside with children's seating, a television playing cartoons and some lego. The games room in the hotel is basically a small arcade requiring the usual monetary contributions in the form of tokens which could be purchased from a machine.

We used the swimming pool whilst we were there, which is to say the husband and children did but I didn't. The changing rooms were communal. Towels from the hotel rooms were not permitted, and there was a hire charge of 2 euros for towels to use in the changing rooms.

In all the hotel looked the part inside and out, the rooms were lovely and immaculately clean, the facilities were good and the staff were polite. I felt, however, that the food (including the price of the food) and the price of the drinks at the bar really let this place down. "

• Travel date: Sun 13th of April 2008

Reception fast and polite. Family Room w...

Reviewed Fri 15th of February 2008

"Reception fast and polite. Family Room was excellentclean, spacious and lots of channels available on TV. False fire alarm at 11.45pm one night was dealt with quickly and effectively so that families were not in panic, notice to explain the problem put up in lobby next day. The food was excellent value. Buffet self service (is that what Sans souci means?). A wide choice of starters, main course, and voluptuous puddings. Two adults ate for 58 Euros, two children for 30. Eat as much as you liked!

Service at breakfast was extremely well organised no waiting to be seated . My only gripe was that the coffee wasn't up to much,

Excellent free bus service, but it did get crowded and you sometimes had to fight your way on and off.

Disneyland appealed to my 8 year old, my 13 year old daughter found it boring. I dont like it at all.

I opted out of the Disney studio but my wife and kids loved it.

Finally I had to talk my out of a parking ticket when I tried to pick up the family at the station. I looked for an explanation of the rules but apart from a sign showing a tow away truck lifting a car there isnt any thing. The police couldnt explain the rules either but to avoid an international incident allowed me to leave without a ticket (or the family) I wont say what I did to collect the family but we did eventually leave all together.

The drive to Paris was easy but the transfer along the A104 and then A4 was tedious but up to M25 levels.

• Travel date: Fri 15th of February 2008

I honestly could not fault this hotel! I...

Reviewed Thu 17th of January 2008

"I honestly could not fault this hotel! It was perfect! Tell me any hotel within distance of the Disney resort that isnt pricey? That's just something you have to put up with. We stayed for 6 nights with nothing to complain about.

The breakfast was brilliant. I haven't seen so much choice when visiting Disneyland.
I have visited Disneyland 4 times - staying in the Disney Hotel, Newport Bay and Explorers, but for value for money and a nice stay Dream Castle won!

I would definitely stay again!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of January 2008

Upon arrival the hotel looks the best fr...

Reviewed Tue 8th of January 2008

"Upon arrival the hotel looks the best from the others in the strip especially when lit up of a night time.

Check in went without any problems and our room was on the ground floor as requested. The room was clean and as stated in previous reviews lacked tea and coffee making facilities which you would expect from a four star hotel a kettle is available upon request.

We had dinner one evening in the hotel which cost 29 Euros per person for a buffet which was ok. Breakfast was very hectic and the best time to miss the ciaos is 8am. There is plenty of choice although is the same selection every day.

We did use the pool which was very cold and not very inviting. The hot tub doesn't get turned on until 11am and is turned off at 8pm. The sauna and steam rooms are adjacent to the fitness room which is a pain if you have been in the pool because you have to come out of the changing room and go via the spa reception. It costs 2 Euros for a towel which won't cover you if you are on the larger size.

If I was to come back to Disney again I would definitely look at my other options for value for money as I didn't feel that this hotel was."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of January 2008

Although the bar and evening restaurant...

Reviewed Sun 30th of September 2007

"Although the bar and evening restaurant were very pricey (28 Euros for a buffet style dinner!). The quality of food was good and staff were very friendly.

Rooms were pleasant, clean, and spacious with free safe use in every room.

The hotel is just a short distance away from Disneyland Paris and there is a free shuttle bus every ten - twenty mins (although at certain times of the day it gets very full!).

Overall, no complaints!"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of September 2007

We took our 2 children ages 3 and 1 to t...

Reviewed Sun 30th of September 2007

"We took our 2 children ages 3 and 1 to this hotel just before Christmas. The hotel was absolutely spotless as usual. It provides cheaper accommodation and in my opinion to a much higher standard than the Disney hotels.

The breakfast is amazing providing you don’t just want a fry up, but the pastries are gorgeous and there is such a huge selection of cereals meats yogurts purees salads fruit and the traditional eggs and toast.

The rooms are spacious and clean though can get a little hot. Try to take your own water with you because the bar is a little expensive but there is a fridge in most of the rooms.

The reception staff are friendly and helpful. Highly recommended! "

• Travel date: Sun 30th of September 2007

The Hotel looked lovely, staffs were res...

Reviewed Sat 4th of August 2007

"The Hotel looked lovely, staffs were responsive and helpful. Rooms were clean and comfortable (we booked two rooms as there was six of us).

The only problem was with the queue for breakfast which I didn't like, how ever there were quite a variety of meals to choose from. Enjoyed the stay there and will definitely use hotel again, served its purpose.

Travelling to Disneyland resort from the hotel and back was smooth as there was always a shuttle bus every now and again. Excellent bus service on our route bus no 54."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of August 2007

Lovely hotel, very clean - great for the...

Reviewed Mon 30th of July 2007

"Lovely hotel, very clean - great for the kids. The shuttle buses were regular and not packed at all although I can imagine they might be in the summer.

The only criticism is the restaurant is very expensive and there is nowhere to buy any other food - i.e. picnics etc.

Staff very friendly and helpful."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

We stayed at the Dream Castle Hotel a sh...

Reviewed Fri 13th of July 2007

"We stayed at the Dream Castle Hotel a short courtesy bus drive from the park.

This hotel is fab, the rooms are lovely and clean. We really felt we were staying in a castle style hotel which our children both thought was great. My children are 12 and 8. Its a very large hotel with excellent facilities.

The breakfasts also were brilliant. Definitely a 10 out of 10 for this hotel. "

• Travel date: Fri 13th of July 2007

We went to Euro Disney on 1st April and...

Reviewed Fri 18th of May 2007

"We went to Euro Disney on 1st April and had a fantastic time.

Except for getting there. We were booked to go via Manchester from Belfast. 1st flight was delayed 2 hours not too worried about that but second one didn't leave until the next day. The airline not very helpful.

We arrived at our hotel a whole day late, but we had a great time when we were there.

The park was very busy and the overall feeling around the place was very friendly and jolly, except for local people, very rude with no manners.

The hotel in its self was nice and clean and very good for kids. I would go back again but not with Flybe."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of May 2007

The hotel was great - we were a hen week...

Reviewed Thu 5th of April 2007

"The hotel was great - we were a hen weekend party and found it suitably luxurious!

Slight disappointment on arrival was that having requested two non-smoking, adjoining rooms we were put on separate floors with one room on a smoking floor. The hotel was fully booked so they couldn't change - a bit disappointing when we booked 4 months in advance.

The hotel facilities were good, although the swimming pool was disappointing in size and the steam room was out of action when we were there. The bar was a good size with plenty of room to relax on comfy sofas.

Breakfast was great with ample choice for everyone - food was still being replenished right up until the closing time of 1100 hrs which is a rarity.

The rooms were clean and quite large for two people. The other room was three adults sharing a family room and that worked well with the bunk bed and a double. Shampoo and soap provided for you which are handy. As everyone else says, the pillows are tiny and you only get one each.

The shuttle buses were extremely regular; it felt like every 5 minutes. A tip for future travellers though - on returning from the parks, the bus takes you past the hotel twice before dropping you off, so get off at the first stop, My Explorers hotel and walk through the car park. It saves at least 5 minutes off your journey, and on the last day meant that we could pick up our luggage and re-join the same bus to take us back to Eurostar, saving nearly half an hour.

Overall, we were really pleased with our choice of hotel and would return."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of April 2007

Hotel room was very nice with the except...

Reviewed Fri 23rd of March 2007

"Hotel room was very nice with the exception of TINY pillows! Breakfast was appalling food you wouldn't give your dog - ended up having breakfast in McDonalds every morning adding to the price of your holiday!

Very expensive alcohol - don’t plan on getting drunk! Overall did enjoy the holiday, if breakfast was much improved hotel would be excellent

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of March 2007