Vienna House Dream Castle Paris

40 avenue de la Fosse des Pressoirs, 77703 Magny-le-Hongre, Marne-la-Vallee France

Good
2039

Beautiful!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We (me and my boyfriend) travelled to the Movenpick Dream Castle on the 7th of October until the 9th.

We drove to Disney, and from first approach the hotel looks stunning and very grand. The check in staff were very pleasant and friendly we were able to get our room at 12pm instead of 3pm. Which is useful so we could put our luggage in and go straight to the park.

They pay much attention to decor, lovely big thrones in the entrance amongst other things. The room was lovely, we were on the 5th floor. The view was stunning and the bed was massive (king size) Lots of plug points which was very useful.

The safe in the wardrobe is electronic and u can set your own number. Use is at no extra cost so very good. One thing I would have liked is to have more hangers in the bedroom, so maybe consider bringing your own. As we only had 5 between 2 people. Oh and we also had to request more pillows as there was only two, but they were brought very quickly which was nice.

Breakfast on the first day (Saturday) was a bit of a shambles, just walking to the table was a challenge, people being very eager were rushing around bashing into you etc. Although the staff was pleasant enough, food was good and on the second day we went a bit later at around 10.30 and it was much calmer and definately not as bad as the first day.

The bus' come at regular intervals and you dont have to wait for long to get to the parks. My only complaint with this was the strange fashion of the order they go to each hotel. There are four hotels along one strip (movenpick being one of them) the majority on the bus were movenpick guests but the bus would go to the hotel right next to it and drop off, then go past the movenpick along to the other two first.
Which meant we stayed on for the longest making it hard for people at other hotels to get off due to the number waiting for the movenpick drop.

All in all the complaints were minor and it was a very enjoyable trip and would definately use a movenpick hotel again!!

P.s If u have any questions feel free to email me!"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of October 2005

Magical Movenpick

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"If you want to stay in the Disneyland Paris area without paying the over inflated prices at the Disney Hotels then this is the place for you. I spent 3 nights at the Movenpick with my boyfriend from the 21st September and would have no hesitation in going back again. We booked a superior room with breakfast through the hotel's website website for 113 Euro per night - great value for a 4* hotel.

The room was large by Paris standards and it was spotless. As mentioned in other reviews there were no toiletries in the bathroom, but I always bring my own so this didn’t bother me. We always had plenty of clean towels etc and didn’t encounter the problems with housekeeping some others did.

We used the leisure facilities a number of times during our visit. The pool is much more directed at children, but there was the Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna to keep us amused and relaxed. Towels were provided at the leisure centre for guests use.

The bus to Disney was great. We never had any problems with it, waiting at most 5 minutes for it to arrive. It serves the Holiday Inn, Explorers and Kyrid Hotels. It drops you off right beside the Train Station and it is a 2 minute walk to Disney etc.

I found breakfast to be excellent at the Movenpick and ate at different times each morning and always found there to be a large selection of food, both hot and cold. The dinner buffet was not open while we where there so we ate in the restaurant one evening. We were a little disappointed with the choice and the price of the meal, but the service was excellent.

We found all the staff to be very helpful and attentive from the check in desk to the staff in the bar. In all a great trip.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Disney parks. I think young families will particularly enjoy it, however twenty something couples like ourselves will not be disappointed either!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of September 2005

Well worth a stay ....

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"We stayed here during the busy period (Aug Bank Holiday) but did not find the hotel overcrowded. The rooms were clean and roomy to say it was a family room, the kids (aged 8 and 4) loved the bunk beds. I would agree with one of the other writers comments, “please put tea and coffee in the rooms”. The pool, while not very good for an adult swim, was great for the children due to it being shallow and the slide not to steep. The food served in the restaurants was very good, being a vegetarian; I found the choice was varied. It is within a few minutes of disney by bus or car and the hotel is in a lovely setting. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will be staying here again."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of September 2005

Wow!

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"WOW! This hotel was definitely fantastic. It's beautiful and the family room we had was just excellent. It was clean and my son loved the bunk beds. The hotel itself was beautiful, inside and out. If you have a car, drive up to the next town, exit off at Meaux (just after paying a small toll). It'll seem like farmland at first, but keep going. You'll find a town with a MacDonald's, pizza place and lots of other eateries."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2005

Good Value

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Stayed for 5 nights in August - lovely hotel - rooms were clean but lacked tea/coffe making facilities (but knew about this from reading your readers reviews.) Also no bath or shampoo items - only liquid soap.
Cleaning of rooms - be prepared for them not to be cleaned until about 2pm - a bit inconvenient if you have returned to recharge your batteries.
Buses to and from the Park were very good - only about 5 minutes wait even at peak times.
Meals in Excalibur Bar were good value for money but closed at 6.30pm Also the evening buffett was excellent value for money - cheaper to eat in nice clean surroundings than at the very expensive and dirty "Disney Village"
Very little information about the the theme park so go into a travel agents in U.K. and take all details from their brochures out with you.
Bottled water/drinks are quite expensive so a gentle 10 minute walk to the Petrol Station (you will see it when you get on the bus to the theme park) has a small well stocked supermarket - is a good idea especially if you have children - the drinks/sandwiches/sweets were very reasonable.
Buy your Disney Pass (if not included in your holiday package) at Hotel - this avoids long queues at Main Gate,
Reception will book taxis - took one to Sea World and shopping mall - Large supermarket there (Tesco ,Sainsbury, Asda are nothing compared with this one) along with numerous shops and designer outlets - cost about 15 euros. Also booked taxi 70 euros for return journey to CDG Airport.
Iwould recommend this hotel as is was very good value for money compared with the Disney Hotels in the Park."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2005

Extremely comfortable and pleasant stay

Reviewed Wed 19th of December 2012

"My fiance and I stayed at the Moevenpick for three nights in August. We were lucky in that our arrival (from the airport) did not seem to coincide with anyone else's, so check-in was very quick. Be warned though, the airport VEA shuttle doesn't always go to the Moevenpick (there are two routes - one for the main Disney hotels, and the other for the Kyriad, the Holiday Inn, the Moevenpick and the Explorers) and the timetable at Charles de Gaulle airport is unhelpful since the buses don't seem to follow it! Getting back from the hotel to the airport was much easier since the reception staff seemed to be very clear about the times the bus arrived, and they were right.

The Moevenpick is indeed about 8 mins by free shuttle to the Disney parks, and although there are lulls in the day where the 'pink bus' is less frequent, we never had to wait more than 15 mins, and on the one morning we couldn't get on it because it was too full, another one was along within 5 mins. The stand at the Disney parks is no.54, as is the number of the bus, but everything is clearly labelled so we never felt anxious about getting lost!

As for busy periods on the shuttle, we tended to leave the hotel at 8.30 or slightly earlier, come back at about 2pm and then return to the Disney parks at about 6pm. This seemed to avoid most of the really busy times, although the one night we stayed for the Wishes fireworks display we did find the bus packed, as was to be expected.

The Moevenpick itself is very well designed. These people are clever with space - the entrance lobby is absolutely huge and well-divided into areas of comfy chairs, the shop, a pool table and a smallish children's play area. Having not taken any children, we are unable to comment on the facilities! The staff on reception were always courteous and helpful and my fiance was delighted with the newspaper stand, being a footie fan... We both appreciated the shop, which sells a variety of Disney merchandise at the same price as you will find in the Parks.

The room was also very large and contained a larger-than-king-size bed as well as two bunk beds with a wraparound curtain for privacy. We agreed that if we had brought kids with us this would be an excellent environment for them. As others have reported there are no tea/coffee-making facilities so we went armed with a travel kettle and some teabags, although I have to confess we only used them once. Generous sized bath and very good shower. TV etc and mini-fridge, which was hugely appreciated as I am wheat-intolerant and we had taken our own bread. It kept for much longer in the fridge and I was able to snaffle butter and cheese from the breakfast buffet with which to make lunchtime sandwiches.

Room temperature also perfect, although there was a thermostat on the wall. Four large bath towels and two hand towels.

The only slight problem we had whilst there was an altercation with the cleaning staff in the middle of the afternoon. We had followed others' advice to get to Disney when it opened at 9am, and so we tended to come back to the hotel for an afternoon siesta (thereby missing the busiest time at the Parks and collecting our energies for the evening) and sleep. On the first afternoon, we duly hung the 'do not disturb' sign on the door and locked it. An hour or so later the cleaning staff knocked on the door, demanding access to do the cleaning. The do not disturb sign had mysteriously disappeared and they thought we had just failed to put it out. They then insisted quite forcefully that they needed to come in and clean the room/add more soap etc. My fiance explained, also fairly forcefully, that we were asleep in our underwear and that under no circumstances were they to come in. They went away in the end, by which time we were of course both fully awake and very grumpy! However the next day we hung the sign on the door again and this time were undisturbed. But it is worth noting that they tried to gain access at 4pm, when they were clearly still 'doing the rounds' and that cleaning is not just done in the morning but seems to be on-going throughout the day. Your room will not necessarily be cleaned in the morning, as is customary at other hotels.

Food - excellent on the whole. Breakfast is a large help-yourself buffet incorporating tinned and fresh fruit (make the most of this since there is relatively scant fruit/veg at Disney) yoghurt, nuts etc, also cheese and cold meats, egg, bacon, sausage, tomato, pancakes (with various sauces and toppings including Nutella) croissants and pastries, French bread and ordinary loaf bread and a toasting machine. With the obligatory tea (which I thought fairly disgusting), coffee and hot chocolate (much nicer!) The only complaint we had about the breakfast is that the food was not piping hot - on our second day there it was decidedly lukewarm. However it was plentiful, and we both pinched various ingredients to make sandwiches for lunch (thereby avoiding paying for food in the Parks).
We ordered one snack meal from the bar, which does not have a large menu, but my caesar salad was large and filling, if a little bland, and fiance's spaghetti was plain but enjoyable.
Dinner - we only ate there our first night but we thought it very good indeed and excellent value for money. 28 euros per head (adult) for all you can eat again. We were there for the 'French night' (they did Italian on other nights and I think other styles too) and had some really good seafood gratin, duck, chicken, beef, tasty veg, rice etc. Desserts (those little gateaux things) also very good. Drinks were on top but actually worked out cheaper than in our local pub!
The two restaurants are tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Staff were attentive and friendly.

The hotel has a balcony overlooking the lake and it is a very pleasant place to sit and enjoy a beer. We were lucky with the weather and even had to make use of the shady umbrellas to avoid getting sunburnt.

Checkout was equally smooth and easy, and we were overall very impressed with our stay. Would definitely consider going back.

Review of the Disney Parks under appropriate section!"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of August 2005

Its kind of lkea like...

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"I spent 4 nights at the moevenpick with my wife and 2 small children. Overall, its not a bad place. Everything there is designed to save on staff costs, so there's very little staff around except perhaps at the mass buffet breakfast. There appears to be one concierge who's very busy on a hotel with several hundred rooms. The food wasn't great, but the rooms were adequate. The cleaners were terribly rude, but otherwise it was an adequate kind of automated mass production factory hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 13th of August 2005

Excellent value and location

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Dream Castle Hotel for 6 nights this August and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It's much closer to the Disney parks than I'd expected being not much further than the Newport Bay Hotel.
It is spotlessly clean, very child friendly, the staff were lovely and always extremely pleasant. On a couple of mornings characters turned up in the breakfast room, I'm not sure if this happens every morning or it was just lucky timing.
The gardens are beautiful and the terrace is a wonderful place to have a drink in the evening when you return from the Disney parks. It really does look like a French chateau.
There is a Disney boutique in the foyer should you wish to do a bit more shopping, along with a play area for children. The outdoor play area consists of just a climbing frame and slide, we felt they could have made this bigger given the amount of space they have.
The room was lovely and my boys loved the curtained bunk beds. The little fridge was a godsend for keeping snacks and drinks and the air conditioning was very welcome too. The bathroom has a hairdryer so no need to pack one, but you would be well advised to bring your own travel kettle.
We tried the evening buffet one night and it was great, something for everyone including my vegetarian husband, the sweets especially were fabulous. In fact we all agreed it was the best meal of the week after trying various restaurants in Disney itself, this hotel's meal came out tops.
On the negative side, service in the bar was terribly slow, I waited for over 20 minutes one evening for a cocktail despite it being fairly quiet. Prices in the bar are also very high, but no surprise in the Disney area.
Breakfast offers everything you could possibly want but I'd advise you to get there early otherwise you could be seated a long way from the buffet and you have to carry everything, cutlery, coffee cups, juice to the table. Breakfast was the least enjoyable aspect of the stay as it was pretty chaotic and getting everyone a plate of food a somewhat lengthy process. They really should think of at least laying the tables with cutlery and cups.
I have to say that unlike some other reviews our check-in was very fast, we were handed our room key within a couple of minutes of arriving, no wait at all. The shuttle buses seemed to provide an almost non stop service, perhaps more are laid on at peak times such as August.
We would definitely return as this hotel was almost half the price of a 4 star Disney equivalent and is excellent value given the location and facilities, overall it was a wonderful place to stay."

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2005

Terrible Service, Lack of Hospitality

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"I stayed there 3 days (15/07/2005-18/07/2005) with my family (2 Adults & 2 Childs).
It is obvious that the service offerred is not the one of a FOUR STAR hotel. Efforts for reduction of staff costs are also obvious.

There are always long ques at the check in, resulting to waste of time and mistakes on behalf of the reseptionists.

Have in mind that the people there (front managers-Mr Thomas, and staff) are not willing to support and assist you if a problem arise. When the mistake is on their behalf they do not have the courtency to at least apologise for their mistake.

It is a very nice hotel (premises-wise) but the behaviour of their staff made me to never consider again or recommend that hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of July 2005

Moevenpick Dream Castle

Reviewed Mon 24th of December 2012

"Just returned from a 2 night stay in this hotel.
After spending hours on the internet trying to find a suitable 4 star hotel and deciding on the Moevenpick Hotel, i was very pleased with my choice.
The hotel was lovely, spotlessly clean with friendly staff. The breakfast was great with so much choice on offer and as it is a buffet breakfast no one would need to go away feeling hungry, it was spot on!
The view onto the lake was great and the whole setting is lovely, and relaxing at the hotels bar/cafe with the noise of the tiny fountains and the perfect scenery made it perfect for me after a days noise and bustle at disney land park. Theres a small sized pool with spa and tiny slide, and a sauna room.
We stayed in a Family Deluxe room. The rooms are excellent, bathroom shower works a treat (which has normally been a issue in previous hotels!)
Maid service each day also.
If i had to fault at all, it would be that there is no coffee/tea making facilities, so next time i go will definatley be taking a travel kettle along.
Also there are no English channels and no video as i remember, but it wasn't a problem for us as we didn't spend much time in the room.
I will definatley be going back to this hotel again."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of July 2005

what an awfull hotel

Reviewed Tue 8th of September 2015

"Rooms where tired curtains hanging off the dirty bunk bed, tried the buffet but did not eat anything as it all smelt bad, complained to the waiter who all of a sudden could not speak English.
the hotel is all about making as much money from their guests as possible.

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of August 2015

Holiday to Eurodisney

Reviewed Fri 17th of April 2015

"Brilliant- have just returned with my 3 children from Dream Castle, and it was superb. All staff were extremely helpful and the food at breakfast was fab. We decided to try the buffet evening meal, and the choice was stunning - magnificent choice of fish, meat, salads, veg, soup, cheeseboard, desserts were gorgeous - and a chocolate fountain for the kiddies!!! Cheaper to buy the meal voucher at reception, and children under 12 eat free, but drinks not included. You can also buy a 3 for 2 day pass to Disney parks at reception. Rooms were clean, and children loved bunk beds with a curtain!! If you want to chill out, there is a lovely lake at the back of the hotel which was so quiet and peaceful. It really was a wonderful choice of hotel, and I would definitely return..."

• Travel date: Fri 17th of April 2015

Hotels near Vienna House Dream Castle Paris

Stayed at Vienna House Dream Castle Paris? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Vienna House Dream Castle Paris

• Stacy P by Stacy P

"Clean the hotel and answer the phone! Be nice to guests. Post actual photos of the hotel so you don’t mislead people! "

• herbert123 by herbert123

"do not stay unless you want to be ill "

• Janice M by Janice M

"3 for 2 day pass to Eurodisney can be bought at reception for e139 for adults and e126 for children- check with hotel for offer "

• Alice B by Alice B

"improve all services at above listed "

• stinkifatcat by stinkifatcat

"Great for families with young children "

• chrissyb by chrissyb

"convenient fairly luxurious option for disneyland paris "

• honeybee by honeybee

"Very Expensive and certainly over priced go To Orlando "

Vienna House Dream Castle Paris is also called