An excellent hotel.

Reviewed 2nd January 2009

"We stayed here for three days in December 2008 when my grandson, aged three, was taken ill with meningitis and was admitted to a nearby hospital. All the staff in reception, the restaurant and the housekeeping staff were polite, helpful amd efficient.We were permitted to remain in the hotel until 2pm on the last day so that I could catch up on some much needed sleep as I had stayed in the hospital with my grandson the night before. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and very good,and the underground parking very convenient.The hotel was spotlessly clean and the room was very pleasant. I left my bathrobe in the hotel and this was speedily posted back to me after I rang them about it's return. The hotel is in a very pleasant part of France and I would be more than happy return there for a holiday at a later date. "

• Travel date: 2nd January 2009

Excellent Hotel and Close to the Magic!

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"This is a basic but very well equipped hotel situated in the eerily under-populated town of Bussy Saint Georges, about 5 minutes from the Disneyland Resort by RER. The rooms were spacious with everything you would expect, clean and tidy with a good maid service and Canal+ TV (CNN and EuroSport in English). It has a bar with a large TV and a restaurant. The hotel is well placed for access to both Paris and Disneyland. Also within easy reach is the shopping mall at Val d'Europe, which is about 3 minutes away on the RER. The town of Bussy Saint Georges is modern with a few shops but not many people. The hotel itself lies on the town square, right next to a selection of Chinese shops, take-away restaurants and the local Police station. For transfers from CDG, you could take the RER via Paris (Auber) or the TGV via Disneyland (Marne la Vallee-Chessy). Overall, this is an excellent hotel which serves its purpose well."

• Travel date: 11th November 2006

Great hotel !

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"We stayed here recently and I have abosutely no complaints! Such great value for a lovely , convenient hotel. The staff were friendly and the breakfasts were excellent- plenty of choice. The hotel is really close to disney which was brilliant, and only a minutes walk from the train station which meant it was very easy to make your way into the city. We bought a 'Carte orange card for the trains which I would recommend buying if you are staying here for a week or nearly a week and would like to travel into Paris city centre alot. With regards the rooms in the hotel they were very clean and modern."

• Travel date: 10th October 2006

Good value at the Tulip

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Used the Tulip as a base for visiting both Paris and Disneyland Paris for 4 nights. Very convenient indeed for the RER (station across the road) which can be taken all the way from Charles De Gaulle Airport with just one change at Chatelet, approx journey time <1 hour. Disneyland is just 2 stops away in the other direction and has a service every 15 minutes until after midnight. We dined in the Hotel's Olivier Restaurant on the evening of our arrival and the food was ok. A continental breakfast buffet is served from 630, and is a pleasant start to the day, unless you are averse to watching cheap (sorry to say fellow British) travellers abuse the system by brazenly making their lunchtime sandwiches, emptying the food for other diners in the process. Frankly, I was embarrassed by them / for them. Rooms basic but clean. Reception staff friendly and multi lingual. All in all a very agreeable budget hotel. A word of warning about Disneyland Village Restaurants. Extremely expensive with poor nutrition. Everything is oozing with grease and smothered with processed cheese."

• Travel date: 2nd September 2006

Great Place To Stay

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"Stayed in this hotel in July this year for a visit to Disney land, absolutley a great place to stay with children, staff very friendy and rooms very good. The restaurants around the hotel were very reasonable to eat in."

• Travel date: 22nd July 2006

Great Disney Hotel

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"I booked this hotel as part of a package through the Eurostar Website, turned out to be amazing value as a combined deal. Even better value when we arrived at the Hotel. Travelled on the Eurostar with my wife and two year old to Disneyland Resort Paris. Two stops from the main station to Bussey St Georges. Literally across the square from the station there is a massive sign for the Tulip Inn. Reception was smallish but welcoming, ground floor had a bar and the restaurant (which is also used for Breakfast, 7 Euros per head). Our room was on the second floor, there's only one lift so you sometimes have to wait a while if you don't want to or can't take the stairs. We had only booked a twin room, but the hotel supplied a cot for our little girl at no extra charge. A previous reviewer mentioned the air conditioning, which I can confirm is fantastic! We ate at a very nearby Pizza place on one night and Chinese the next, but on the third day we tried the restaurant. We thought it was really really good. The prices were reasonable (especially if you've spent a day or two at Disneyland!) and the quality of the food was excellent. It's pretty normal I know, but they were also happy to store our luggage after we had checked out while we did a final bit of sight-seeing in Paris (bank on at least an hour to get into the centre of Paris, but 15 mins to get into Disneyland). I would definitely recommend this place!"

• Travel date: 6th July 2006

Not bad....not great though.

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"We based ourselves here for a couple of days, close to Disney and not too far from Paris. Well, Disney was about 5 mins on the train service which is no more than a 5 minute walk from the hotel which was perfect, especially after all the standing and walking around Disney and Paris! The Hotel itself is very nice inside, the rooms are clean and have air conditioning and the bedding is changed daily. We didn't use the restuarant facilities at all so can't comment, though breakfast we were told was 7euros each. So it's location was very good, 25/30 minutes away from the heart of Paris. The bar prices I thought were very expensive but France in general seems to be anyway. The staff seem ok, but not many of them! Especially in the evening! The guy on the late shift does everything, bar/reception/checking in/checking out/answering calls/showing people personally to their rooms etc, so when you need a 'top up' drink, expect to wait a long time! I stood at the bar 20 minutes waiting for a drink and was told he was now shutting up for the night! Not very couteous I thought. The 2nd night he had a row with a businessman guest who asked for some extra writing paper, he refused to give him more than one sheet and it ended up in quite an embarrassing row. One thing to remember here is if you want a lay in here (we did as we had a late night) forget it!!!!!!! Even if you put your 'PLEASE DO NOT DISTURB' sign on your door the maid will knock on your door continually! And then after you've told her to come back later and pointed to the sign, she'll be back hassling you!!!!!!! Unreal. Budget hotel-amatuerly run, over-eager staff and under staffed! Apart from that, ok....."

• Travel date: 26th June 2006

Good choice for the family

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"I stayed here with my parents and little brother in a quad room for 2 nights. We all enjoyed it. Our quad room had 1 queen bed, 1 double, and a single/cot setup. We were tight on space for the 4 of us but it saved a lot of money that way. The hotel is a 2 minute walk from the train station, which was then an easy ride into Paris. If you're willing to stay outside the city to save costs then this is a great location. It was also such an easy drive to Disneyland - took about 15 minutes. There isn't really anything to do in Bussey St George at night though so if you're looking for nightlife, I'd stay in Paris itself. But if you plan to exhaust yourself with busy day trips and just crash early (like we did) then this area is great. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant staff weren't great and spoke next-to-no english, but the food wasn't bad (rather costly though). We found a little italian place around the block opposite the front entrance that was great though. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel for Disney travelers and families visiting Paris."

• Travel date: 23rd April 2006

Great for Disney

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"Travel lodge style rooms which were great for us as we travelled with a 4 year old and 4 month old. Parking was a bit of an issue as we had a hire car and it's 5 euros to park in the hotels car park which is underground, covered in graffiti and we didn't fancy going in there at night. Evening and weekend parking is available in the streets nearby which resembles a toytown. clinically white buildings and no people! 5 minutes to the Disney by car and a supermarket (casino chain) is signposted just before you head back onto the motorway for Disney. I would stay here again though."

• Travel date: 16th March 2006

An excellent hotel especially when on a buget!!

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"I stayed here with my girlfriend in September. We had a double room on the second floor overlooking the square. The room was very spacious and clean, with the towels changed every day and the bed every two days. The room also had air conditioning which was amazing (especially if you are used to the slightly cooler Scottish climate!!) The bathroom was huge and had a massive mirror, which is great if you like to spend hours putting on making up etc like my girlfriend!! Breakfast was very very good and was in a buffet style (which was kept well topped up even though it seemed only one person was serving in the restaurant!!) and included cereal, bread, and fruit salad!!! One morning we were even treated to a cooked breakfast!! In the evenings the restaurant served excellent food and is very handy after a long hard days sightseeing in Paris. The restaurants in the surrounding town are also excellent and offer great value for money. We would particulary recommend the Chinese restaurant opposite the RER station and the small italian restaurant somewhere behind the hotel, which kept serving even though there was a powercut!! If you are on a budget then I would definitely recommend eating in Bussy itself as the restaurants are of excellent quality and a damn sight cheaper than in Paris itself. The town is quite quiet but we felt very safe and enjoyed going for a wander around. As for transport the hotel is spitting distance from the RER station (which has the best bakery in the world opposite, which is great if you deliberately sleep in and miss breakfast!!). The RER takes about 35mins to get into the centre of Paris which is good, and you should definitely get the Paris Visite card if staying for a few days which gets you all of your transport and some free entry into some attractions. The train journey can seem quite long and it would be possibly a bit of a hassle if you wanted to go back to the hotel to get changed for a night out. Apart from that the train is great and they even play music in the station!! The hotel building itself seems very new and the rooms are sound proofed so you cannot hear a thing. All in all a brilliant hotel if you are on a budget and I would definitely come back to Bussy on future trips to Paris!!!"

• Travel date: 1st March 2006

Great place to stay

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"Value for money. Excellent staff very friendly and helpful. Meals are delicious and great value. One of the best places we stayed in on our travels overseas. Would recommend to anyone going to Paris or Disney. Rooms are spacious and clean. Will be going back in near future."

• Travel date: 19th February 2006

Hotels near Mercure Marne la vallee Bussy St Georges

Mercure Marne la vallee Bussy St Georges is also called

• Tulip Inn Marne La Vallee Hotel
  • tulip inn marne la vallée
  • tulip marne vallee inn