Disneyland Base - great introduction to a euro-style brand

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"My partner I began our first Paris vacation at Ibis Val'd'Europe. We chose Ibis as a value base for our Disney visit before heading to Paris where we splurged a bit more. Upon arrival the hotel was exactly as expected - clean and simple. The design is modern pre-fab. It was similar to an ocean view stateroom on a cruise ship (and that is not a negative). Plenty of room for two.

The location is great. The metro is literally adjacent to the hotel (that is if you take the correct exit). The Disney parks and Downtown Disney are a short 3 minute ride on the RER in one direction and Paris another 30 minutes the opposite way. If you want to skip Disney or take a break -- the American style mall “Val d'Europe” is a short walk a couple of blocks away. The mall includes an outdoor outlet mall -- but we didn’t find any big savings.

We did not eat at the hotel. Found great cafeteria at Val d’Europe mall on first night and ate at Disneyland the next day in the Parks.

The only negative I can articulate is that the room did not include a coffee pot, but for such low rates what should I have expected?

In the end we would stay here agin. In fact, for the value, we will look for other Ibis hotels when traveling other European cities. A great introduction to a euro-style brand."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of May 2008

Sterile, charmless hotel. Stay away!

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"This hotel is amongst other new, low cost hotels and apartments. The only thing going for it is its proximity to the railway station. Otherwise, the area is sterile, lacking any charm. We were there to visit Disneyland and whilst had wanted a hotel that would cost less than those at Disneyland resort, we wished we had paid the extra to have had a hotel with more charm and a little more luxury.
We arrived on a very hot day only to be told that the airconditioning was not working and it would be a few days until it would be functioning. We had just left another Ibis hotel in Paris (Ibis Bercy) that had the same problem. The room was very modern but basic. I had forgotten to request a room at the rear of the hotel having read from a previous review that the windows at the rear are larger and you get a view of the countryside (although I suspect you might also get noise from the carpark and trains). I did request a change of room the next morning as I wanted to get more air into the room with the lack of airconditioning, but my request was refused. The gentleman at reception was rude enough to spit while I was talking with him - very unprofessional I thought. I did not find the staff very friendly at all.
Our front room looked onto a small square surrounded my other hotels and in the evening while trying to get to sleep, we were kept awake by a group of kids playing soccer with their parents. My polite request to keep the noise down was ignored.
As with the Ibis in Paris, we were awoken early in the morning by cleaning staff vacuuming outside our room. One morning the cleaner knocked on our door to clean the room despite a no disturb sign outside. She was very annoyed with us when we pointed the sign out to her and left in annoyance saying something in French.
The breakfast was okay - nothing spectacular.
Wireless internet access from your room is expensive - about 10 euros for 30 mins. There is a computer near reception with slightly cheaper rates.
Despite advertising that the reception is open 24 hours - no one is there after 11 pm except a security guard who could not speak English.
There is a large mall about 10 mins walk away."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of May 2008

Great hotel in a great location

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"Fantastic base for Disneyland, or even for central Paris - both easily accessible from the metro right next door. Just make sure you buy the right ticket, as this side of the station is unstaffed - you need to select the destination station, do not buy a general one-way ticket, you will be stung with a hefty penalty. We made this mistake and saw many others who had done the same!

The neighbourhood is quiet, very clean and all the buildings are newly developed. A short walk away are a very large mall (H&M, Sephora etc as well as many restuarants, we recommend the pizza place) and a designer outlet (which also has a Starbucks).

The room was absolutely spotless, very new and modern, with a comfortable bed and pillows, great shower, air conditioning... only downside is no fridge, hardly anything to complain over.

Didn't try the restaurant so can't comment on that.

All in all, highly recommended, and compared to hotels around Disneyland or central Paris this hotel is an absolute bargain!"

• Travel date: Sun 18th of May 2008

small, but clean - great location +subway - stay away from the restaurant!

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ibis for 2 nights during our stay at Paris, and visits to Disneyland. Those of you who want to go to Disneyland, but find the hotels there too expensive, this is great! Right outside the hotel is the subway , with just one metro stop away from Disney parks. The rooms are a bit small, but they are clean and nice. The most AMAZING shower in the room, just perfect !!but not many chanels on the tv.

The only bad things about the hotel were 1. It is hard to find, the gps does not know that adress yet cus everything in the area is brandnew and right next to the Ibis is a Etap hotel, half as cheap. Dont know how those rooms are, but its half the price, so checp that out too!! and especcially 2. DO NOT GO AT THE RESTAURANT in the hotel. It was just awwwfulllll, the breakfast was ok, cus u can't really go wrong with cereals, fruits, panncakes and stuff , but the dinner... we left the plates barely ate anything.

But overall, defenately great for disney visits!! 40km from Paris though!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of May 2008

Breakfast has been upgraded

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"Most points about this hotel have been covered already. I stayed there several time and plan to come back again. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

Rooms towards the back have bigger windows and I find the view nicer (parking lot just below, but just open fields otherwise, while the front rooms overlook the square, the RER station and another building).

They just upgraded their breakfast with a wider variety of breads, jams, pies and they even have small crepes now."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of January 2008

The Ibis in Val d Europe is only 3 minut...

Reviewed Wed 2nd of January 2008

"The Ibis in Val d Europe is only 3 minutes by train to Eurodisney. The train station is right outside the hotel, it is really cheap for its location, 70 Euros per room a night.

The hotel is modern and clean, with very friendly helpful staff.

The only downside to the hotel is that they don’t have an alcohol licence yet, so if you want a drink you have to order food."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of January 2008

Absolutely Brilliant

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Hotel was absolutely brilliant, rooms were lovely and bathrooms big and great, breakfast was gorgeous and staff warm and friendly. Hotel is ideally located next to train station, 2 mins from Disney and you cant go wrong! Approx 45mins to paris on the train was excellent. Will
definatly go back!"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of December 2007

Short stay for Disney

Reviewed Wed 14th of November 2012

"I stayed here in August for a short trip to Disney. It's only 10 seconds away from the RER station and a 3 minute train ride to Disney. We paid £40 a night which is alot cheaper than the Disney hotels charge in the summer. All rooms are doubles so this hotel is not ideal for families. The hotel is attatched to another hotel (etap) which I believe offers a similar standard of accomodation for a similar price but feature triple rooms.

The rooms are basic but modern. There was only one English language station on the smart flatscreen tv(BBC World) which was a bit annoying but ok. The bathroom was very clean and featured a very large shower (no bath). Soaps and shower gel are provided by the hotel, there is a vending machine downstairs (to the right of the lifts) that sells extra toiletries (toothpaste, razors etc...)

As already stated there are no hair-dryers in the room but you can get them from reception. There is a €20 deposit for this but it's refunded when you return it.

I can't comment on the restaurant as we didn't use it but it looked ok.

There is a luggage storage room to keep your luggage in after you check out.

I will use this hotel again."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of December 2007

New Ibis hotel, close to Disneyland Paris

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"Nice Ibis hotel.
Seems really new.
Two small problems: TV did not work and no hair dryer.
Very flexible about canceling you extending your stay!

Less than 2 minutes by train (RER) to get to Disneyland Paris.
Great option if you don't want/can't find an hotel to stay inside the Disneyland Resort."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of August 2007

great location

Reviewed Thu 11th of October 2012

"what a great location, a 30 second walk to the station and then a 4 minute train ride to disney ( 4 trains an hour ). within 5 to 10 walk are plenty of restauants/bars a shopping centre with huge supermarket and an outlet centre. Room was spotless and has air conditioning, we didn't use the restaurant and couldn't have a drink at the bar unless we had meal ( they don't have a licence yet ) This hotel and surrounding area is great if you are planning a trip to disney and want to save some money and avoid the busy restauants and bars in disney village. An oasis of calm. P.S there is also an underground carpark on site if you are driving"

• Travel date: Mon 16th of July 2007

The Hotel that we stayed in was wonderfu...

Reviewed Sat 30th of April 2005

"The Hotel that we stayed in was wonderful and the people there were very friendly. Disney Land resort was the most spectacular place I have ever been to on a holiday with my family and the rides were really well laid out and very accommodating for small children, you will need at least 3 days to fully enjoy the whole of the Disney experience at least.

There are many shows and street parades day/night and there are many themed restaurants and lots of different parks to choose from. The facilities there are 5* and there’s always a friendly face around if you need one.

If i was a millionaire I would live there.

• Travel date: Sat 30th of April 2005