About Disney's Sequoia Lodge

• hot tub
  • heated pool
  • indoor pool

2006

Clean, spacious rooms; great breakfast; some good food at the bar

Reviewed Tue 10th of February 2015

"Arrived early on overnight flight from the U.S. Baggage room staff were friendly and stored our bags until check-in time. We got two Montana rooms, which were clean and spacious enough. Our room was listed as "two queen beds." These turned out to be 54 inches wide, 78 inches long. European bed sizes are generally in between U.S. sizes; U.S. double beds are 54 by 75 inches, while queens are 60 by 80 inches. We found the sizes adequate, even though my wife and I sleep in a king bed at home.

The bathroom was fine. The tub had a hand shower attachment that worked well. The toilet was inside the bathroom and the sink was outside the bathroom, so it can be used while someone is showering.

Some reviews claimed that only a free continental breakfast is served. That might be outdated information. We had a full breakfast buffet each morning that was terrific: eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, turkey, potatoes, cereals, yogurt, breads, fruits, etc. Breakfast was a highlight of the trip. The Golden Forest rooms have their own breakfast room, apparently, but we never had trouble getting a table in the large breakfast room and saw no point in paying extra for the Golden Forest rooms. We were given breakfast tickets and did not notice at first that we had assigned seating times, but we got seats even when we showed up after our assigned time.

We also had some food at night at the bar. Not a large menu, but we had some tasty sandwiches and smoothies. Service was fine.

We did not sign up for the expensive hotel restaurant dinners. We were usually eating in the park other than breakfast.

We did not use the pool much. The hot tub had limited hours, being open all day but not in the evening when we would have been most likely to use it.

Good free bus service to the park from the hotel front door, which we used every day. Some guests walked out the back door and down to the park, but that seemed a bit far for us.

All the staff seemed to speak multiple languages and they were quite polite and helpful to us. We have heard a lot of negative experiences concerning politeness from people who travel to France, but never experienced any problems at three hotels, the Disneyland Park, or elsewhere in Paris.

• Travel date: Sat 7th of February 2015

Awful experience!

Reviewed Wed 15th of October 2014

"When you go to eat in the restaurant the staff ask if it's your first night in the hotel every single night, so when you say yes they try to make more money out of the drinks, you just know something is off and no one tells you it's 3 free drinks. Then when you return they are raging that you now know that there is free drinks and they can't make any extra money out of you. there attitude is disgusting.

Picking this hotel really ruined our whole Holiday experience. We were here for 7 days and anytime you ask anyone a question was just a sarcastic tone or an annoyed attitude... We actually walked all the way to other hotels like the New york hotel for dinner as one night in the restaurant we were sure the staff were laughing at us and once questioned they spoke in French and went to the front door of the restaurant and was like 6 staff all bitching about us.....

one of the days the cut the electricity to the whole floor without any notice. The only thing that was at a good standard was the cleaners no problem whatsoever. Lastly we waited in a queue to meet Minnie mouse for half an hour and the guy put his hand up and said no more Minnie and turned his back on us, my daughter and several other babies broke there hearts.

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2014

Very poor!

Reviewed Tue 13th of August 2013

"We stayed here for two nights with our 4 year old son and 18 month old daughter. So many problems. Firstly we kept getting locked out of our room as the door lock was broken. This meant constant trips to reception who blamed us for putting the keys near our phones which we didn't have. We got locked out when we were ready to check out and had to wait half an hour to get into our room to collect our bags. Air conditioner didn't work, tv was out across the hotel for an entire day and they locked our daughters milk in the fridge and we were unable to retrieve it. No apologies from staff, they acknowledged it was a problem, but our problem. Very disappointing. Room wasn't clean (toilet dirty) and one bottle of shampoo for our entire stay. "

• Travel date: Sat 10th of August 2013

very poor

Reviewed Thu 17th of November 2011

"First room that they gave us was so dirty, u can see the rubbish on the carpet, somebody was using a bath and it wasnt cleaned after, the towel was used etc. We complained and they gave us other room where the mini bar would not open at all, but we though ok that's not that bad. I took a shower and when wanted to go to bed,pulled over the duvet I saw a molds on a blanket! It was the same story in other bed. That was final drop of our patience. I called to reception and asked for a housekeeping. a supervisor with the assistant women appeared in few minutes started to change the beds and just making mess in the room in no time. We were just after shower, tired, my daughter got confused started to scream in panic. Some other guy appeared as well did not know who he was at all. It was like a nightmare. I told them that we are leawing and not paying 200 euros for this kind of room. Finaly they decided to do a discount for us and gave us a third room, that was quite ok except of the terribly smelling toilet which gave a smell of **** in the whole room. There was no teapot or tea, anything. Couldnt heat even my daughters bottle. There are no breakfast included in the price of 200 euros for 3 star hotel!!It was a nightmare for me and my family. In previous first two rooms the heating wasnt working so it was cold in those rooms as well. I would not recomend this hotel never ever even for my enemies. The Crown Plaza hotel which has a really good name in the centre of Paris costs 300 euros per night and this stinky and full of rubish etc 3 star cost u 200 euros. And u will have to pay for everything there: internet, phone charger - everything! The housekkeping started to knock at the door at 8 in the morning. Usually you should knock and wait until somebody opens, but no, not in this hotel they knock or should I say kick and go in to the room right away. When he saw us inside just run away shouting sorry after 30 min he was back again and got in the room again!I do not even have the words to describe how bad our stay was there."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of November 2011

Reviewed Thu 1st of September 2011

"We sayed at Disney Sequoia Loge for a week and it was ok for the price. Fron of house staff were very pleasent and welcoming.

The rooms werent the cleanest and you could see the dust on the carpet at the side of the beds. I also found it a bit dated and needed upgrading.

On one of the days it was torrential rain and everyone bailed out of the parks. We went back to the hotel to dry off and get some lunch, but we were told they didnt do lunches!!

Noticed the French dont like to queue either.

Only other moan was the pool was freezing cold.

Would i go back? NO. Save up a bit more and goto Florida. Its a million times better"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of August 2011

Good time & will be back

Reviewed Tue 16th of August 2011

"I stayed at the Sequoia Lodge beginning of Aug 2011 for 2 nights 3 days and came by Eurostar. Our journey was good and on time and when we arrived in Paris we gave our luggage to the Disney Express team on then transferred it to our hotel. We then went straight out of station into the parks, excellent and lots of fab rides kiddy friendly and scary ones for the adults. Now and again you see the characters and can queue to get autographs or photos with them. My girls throughly enjoyed their time whilst in Disneyland. The parades in the evening however i think are very very late for some kids, we decided to watch one on the second night which didnt actually start until quarter to eleven hence most kids are knackered by then so perhaps an afternoon kip is advised. Food at the Sequoia was very very good, so much choice and very tasty ! Kids loved it too. we went half board so you get a soft drink with it but my husband and I decided to opt for beer in which we paid 6e for, not bad ! Room was clean with 2 double beds in it, beds very comfortable, shower over bath and toilet, no tea or coffee facilities though so remember to perhaps take the bottle of water if you order at the table, take whatevers left back to your room. Breakfast was ok, basic continental bits, rolls, croissants, cereals, fruit salad, toast, tea, coffee and juices. We actually made up rolls at breakfast and took with us for lunch in the parks ! Prices for food in Parks is abit pricey but what do you expect. Just one thing, the pool was nice, very clean, slide was a big hit however was a little cold. Overall we had a fantastic experience and will definately book again and would recommend the Sequoia ! "

• Travel date: Thu 11th of August 2011

Excellent Choice

Reviewed Thu 4th of August 2011

"My wife, two children and I stayed at Sequoia Lodge for the last week of July 2011. We arrived by Eurostar by 11.30am at the train station and quickly found the bus stop for our hotel (although the kids did try to make a run for the park!!!) Arrived at the hotel some 20 mins later and found the queue for Arrivals empty. Check in was smooth an simple and staff were pleasant through out. Got the card to the door, tickets, info sheets booked our breakfast time etc and made our way to the room. 2 double beds, a clean room, shower area and wash basin awaited, so no complaints there. Upon request was supplied with a bottle warmer, kettle and 2 extra pilows so everything ready we headed to the Parks. For the 5 4 remaining days the staff were always helpful, polite and courteous. Access to the Disney Village from the back of the hotel took about 10 mins walk (if you want to avoid the shuttle at busy times)

Overall the stay was excellent, havent got any complaints about the room, staff, location etc. If i had to be over critical the only gripe was that there was only one elevator location (albeit 3 elevators) so the walk from the elevator to the room was a bit tedious but otherwise the kids had a great time at the hotel and parks as well as me and my wife. Would definetly recommend the Sequoia Lodge hotel as i have found it to be very pleasant "

• Travel date: Mon 1st of August 2011

not a good time!

Reviewed Mon 18th of July 2011

"When we initially got there was pleased,went for my daughters 3rd birthday had an excellent day in the parks so decided to go to the resteraunt in the hotel in the evening as the children were tired by this point.
When we arrived at the resteraunt the waitress asked us to leave our buggy outside which we did with the other buggys,when we returned our buggy had been stolen,as you can imagine my children were very upset as they had there autogragh books which had been fully signed taken as well!!
The staff were very unhelpfull saying it was my fault for leaving it there (even though they told me too!) apparently they have no cctv which i find very worrying with a child friendly hotel!
will never be visiting disney paris again very dissapointing!!"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of July 2011

family hols

Reviewed Wed 21st of September 2011

"just come back from disney stayed in montana rooms everything was great no complaints.food swimming location of lodge was perfect for us would definately go and stay in same place again we all had great time. staff was very friendly and helpfull. "

• Travel date: Tue 21st of June 2011

Sequoia Lodge

Reviewed Mon 6th of June 2011

"We have just returned from staying at the Sequoia Lodge in Eurodisney. We stayed from the Monday 30th May until the Sunday 5th June. I thought I would write this as it may help others to survive :-).

We flew from Exeter which was very easy and arrived at Charles De Gaulle airport. Follow the signs towards the exit after picking up your cases and look for the disney bus sings above your head. You will have vouchers which you will need to place in a machine just inside the airport next to the bus pick up for disney. This gives you a ticket for the bus driver. The buses run every 10-15 minutes so you wont have to wait for long. There is someone usually there to meet you before the bus arrives. You can not miss the bus, it is a large red disney covered bus! The journey from here is about 45 minutes so get comfortable. I thought it was a shame there was no disney music playing just a video on a continuous loop advertising the USA disney which almost seemed bizarre.

When you arrive at Disney they drop you off to each of the hotels in turn. When you get to Sequoia Lodge you will be pointed in the direction of check in and you start the process of disney queuing. It wont take long and you will be through. We didn't realise until the last day but we could have asked for a disney breakfast in the park during your stay. However these are not guaranteed and are usually gone quickly. As we were staying half board plus we were given a VIP breakfast card which means you do not need to state the time you will arrive for breakfast. If you don't book half board you will need to give them a time you intend to go to breakfast. I would recommend that if you can try and go between 7-7:30 or you will be queueing again for some time. Or if you don't want to get up too early then 09:30 is also good. There is no cooked breakfast unless you ask and pay extra.

The room we stayed in had two double beds and was a similar to most premier inns I have stayed in with the extra touch of Bambi wallpaper and picture. The shower room was a shower over the bath and the sink was separate from the shower room which has been the same as each of the disney hotels I have stayed in. A few toiletries on offer.
There is no tea or coffee facilities in the room but we were left a bottle of water and some chocolate coins on the first day as a welcome. The room is made up daily and fresh towels etc are left. I feel the extra touch of disney in Florida is missing. We used to have towels left in disney shapes like mouse ears and this never happened. France is definitely not as Disney as Florida.

Staff are very friendly and helpful and can arrange bookings at restaurants.

We booked a meal before we arrived by phone at the cinderella experience. However when we arrived there was no booking for us at all. I didn't ask for email conformation so I would recommend this. We nearly didn't get a table.

The hotel at the front is covered in mesh and scaffolding as it is having a make over which is supposed to last until next year. The building work takes place during the day and not early or after 17:00 so no noise heard during our stay.

The hotel food for dinner in the evening has two different restaurants. One is full buffet and the other is a buffet starter and then chose a main course. The food is good but basic and lots of it so you wont go hungry. I would recommend booking a time for the evening meal as well as this becomes incredibly busy.

Other restaurant food is very expensive so we were very pleased we had paid up front with half board plus. You are limited on the menus in most places so tell the waitress that you have vouchers and they will advise you what you can have. If you want something else then you pay the extra cost. We did this when we had lunch with the princesses.

The pool is very cold and this noted on most peoples comments so is not new, I took wet suit tops with us as I had read this. It is also shutting for maintenance at some point soon.

Another missing part for the children is the lack of play grounds for children to play in, there was a seesaw and a rocker and that was it. I know the disney parks are there to use but some down time at the hotel would be great for children.

The disneyland park opens early 08:00 for two extra hours for guests in the hotel. I would strongly recommend going then if you can, you will beat the crowds coming in from the station and we managed to do all the early opening rides by the time the park opened fully. If you really want to do a specific ride head for that first and just start queuing. The driving experience near space mountain had an hour wait outside of it about 40 minutes before it opened.
The Disneyland park also closes late Thursday to Sunday at 22:00 and is much quieter we managed to do lots of the rides with very quiet queues. So we went swimming during the afternoon and then back to the park to eat Dinner and stay out late to make the most of the park. Disney studios is only open from 10:00-19:00 so we couldn't do everything we wanted as it was just to busy.

The bus to take you to the airport has set times and I would highly suggest you don't leave it to the closest bus to flight time. It takes again about 40 minutes to get to the airport and about 10 mins to get to the terminal as they do not drop you at the same place. It then takes about an hour to get through check in so that does not leave much time. The first bus we were going to use arrived early and just flew off as we were not stood at the bus stop properly. The second bus was nearly full and had only picked up from two hotels before us and another bus was being called for. So we were lucky to get on.

Overall we liked staying here and may try and book a suite next time to get more room and a balcony.

• Travel date: Mon 6th of June 2011

Fab stay

Reviewed Wed 13th of April 2011

"We had a lovely stay at this hotel, it was easy transfer to the hotel and we were very lucky to have hot gorgeous weather for our 4 day stay......

Be prepared for mammoth amount of walking but all worth it. Kids had an amazing time.

Would have been nice for the hotel to have had some entertainment for the evening as for us the parks closed at 8pm.

Also as in other reports on here the food is the most expensive thing to buy, very expensive to even think of feeding a family all day so was glad to had been half board with vouchers.

The food at the hotel was lovely we ate in both restaurants with no complaints.

Unfortunately for us we had a bad last day due to food poisoning so I would maybe recommend staying away from the prawns in the buffet part of the restaurant although they seemed fine at they time.

All in all apart from last day of being very unwell and having to travel home that well we had a lovely stay at the hotel and stay at the parks."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of April 2011

lovely hotel

Reviewed Tue 8th of March 2011

"lovely place to stay very clean, plenty of towels soap etc, abit plain looking you would think it would have some disney charaters pictures around, the pool is lovely but very very cold which was ashame as i love swimming but did not enjoy their swimming it spolied it for us, and my little girl was very upset has she never got to see cinderella, who she loves but plenty ov the rest of the disney characters also no tea and coffee faciltys, and disneyland a big place, very very expensive for 3 sandwichs and 3 drinks it was 52 euros! so take plenty ov euros cos you need them!! overall 4 days was too much if i was to come again i would stay just for 2 days!! enjoy your stay if you go. x"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of March 2011

Hotels near Disney's Sequoia Lodge

Top traveller tips for Disney's Sequoia Lodge

• patricia coles by patricia coles

"magical like the world has gone away "

• patricia coles by patricia coles

"paris was great very easy to get there on train annettes diner good "

• angel*feet by angel*feet

"everyone young or old should visit here at least once in their lifetime, wear comfy shoes "

• angel*feet by angel*feet

"eat at annettes diner-brilliant..go see stitch live, great fun "

• Karen & family by Karen & family

"Walk to Parks from Sequoia is 5 minutes, just follow signs through grounds of hotel !!! "

• Junonyt by Junonyt

"I loved this hotel, and It was CLEAN, and GOOD FOOD, and the park was cool, definatly going again. "

• Junonyt by Junonyt

"Exellant food, I reccomend McDonnalds! "

• jademansell by jademansell

"it is a lovely place to visit and full of fun. "

• jademansell by jademansell

"cafe Micky was a good restaurant, you ate with the characters, i couldnt choose a favorate place!!!! "

• Nick D by Nick D

"Don't stay here horrid!!!! "

• Treewee by Treewee

"Poor value for money. Check out other hotels. "

• disneylady by disneylady

"Must See: Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triamphe and many other places around paris as well as disney "

• Dormoroonie by Dormoroonie

"Early to eat and have a rest in the middle of the day at the pool to avoid the crowds. "

• stanleylas by stanleylas

"comfortable shoes and plenty money because it "

• happyhols by happyhols

"breakfast early 7.30 beats the queues "

• tommy by tommy

"Good priced base for Disneyland and Studios "

• Jenni24 by Jenni24

"Maybe no prawns at buffet as gave us food poisoning "

• The Duffy Clan by The Duffy Clan

"Its actually a nice wals fro the hotel to the parks, and only takes 10 minutes. "

• jody by jody

"not good value for money but fun in the parks "

• "Fantastic family holiday resort - suitable for ALL ages ! "

Disney's Sequoia Lodge is also called