Very Disappointing!!!

Reviewed Mon 22nd of November 2010

"Stayed at this same hotel approx. 8 years ago and have just return from there after spending 3days the quality and look have really gone down hill. I will not be staying at this Hotel again. From the moment we pulled up in front of the hotel, as you normally do to unload our cases to be told by a very unfriendly rude doorman that we can stop here hence we had to struggle later from the car park with the cases when I room was ready. We had free tea and coffee making facilities but no tea and coffee in the room which we should have been given a voucher to collect from concierge! When we did receive our cardboard box of tea and coffee with paper cups! I asked at reception for some china cups to make tea and this was refused due to security i was confused, because in the bathroom there was two china beakers for toothbrushes along with a china soap dish!
Our room was not clean and there was dust and cob webs to be found in the lamp shades and skirting, wall paper was peeling off in a lot or areas. There was dirty paper cups obviously from the guest before us who made there tea or coffee in them. We did not spend a lot a time in the hotel only just merely shower, sleep and eat breakfast. So yes we were very disappointed in this hotel and feel that is not worth the money "

• Travel date: Sun 21st of November 2010

Mixed reviews seem fair

Reviewed Mon 22nd of November 2010

"We just got back from Eurodisney with our two children and have to agree with the very mixed reviews I have read so far. The Newport Bay is an absolutely massive hotel with great service but as some one mentioned earlier is is in need of a redec (it's looking a bit tired). TBH, If you are like us you will spend very little time there as the parks are the main point of being at Eurodisney. It isn't 5 star but it isn't claiming to be either!

Checking in/out was hassle free but it is a large hotel and the lobby can be frantic. The room was clean, comfortable and had everything you need except tea and coffee???? you have to buy a 'tea basket' for 8 Euros. Come on.... travele lodge throw in tea and coffee for a room which costs £22 a night. If like me, you cant speak until you have had tea pack some supplies :)

After a late arival we ate in the restaurant the first evening and we thought the buffet was reasonable and the choice was excellent. Breakfast is great but again MANIC. We left on Saturday morning and the lines for breakfast while moved fast went on and on and on....

Like I say mixed reviews but on the whole we were happy. Ver large very busy hotel which possibly needs some tweaks and redecoration and free wifi please!"

• Travel date: Sat 20th of November 2010

not worth the money

Reviewed Mon 8th of November 2010

" We spent 4 nights at this hotel and was very disapointed. looks good but basic and uninviting. in 5 days we didnt see one disney character or anything that slightly resembled one which is bad when you have a 4 year old disney princess fan. I was on crutches so we had to pay 2 euros each person each way to get to and from the parks as the hotel is a long walk from anything. That cost us 60 euros just to get to the parks from a hotel that is overpriced and placed as far away from the parks as you could get without it being in another country, left a very bitter taste as we had no choice (didnt say that on the website). For some reason the swimming pool doesnt open until 3pm. This could only be to deter people from using it as most people we spoke to couldnt believe it. When it rains if you dont go into a park, there is nothing really to do.Breakfast was the worst experience we have ever had in a hotel. Beware of the stampeed, thats if you dont fall asleep whilst queueing for hours on end every day. No atmosphere what so ever so save yourself money and stay out of the park. I cannot stress how bad and what a waiste of money this hotel is. We went half board and felt like second class citizens when told we can only eat a few things on the menu even if we offered to pay the difference. Pay the little bit extra and go to florida"

• Travel date: Fri 5th of November 2010

Newport Bay Club

Reviewed Sat 14th of August 2010

"We just got back a few days ago from a 4 night stay at this hotel. I was a bit apprehensive about staying there after reading some of these reviews - but I shouldn't have worried!

We had no problems checking in and using the Disney Express service was easy and really handy. Our room was a short distance from reception and for a standard room was lovely. The shower was great, the beds comfy and we had a balcony which was really pretty. We booked breakfast for 7:30 (although really you could go at any time), and we didn't have to wait long to be seated.

Taking advantage of the 'extra hours' in the park is a good idea, as we were able to get so much done then without having to wait much - and grab fast pass when you can - it makes all the difference.

We took water bottles into the park and filled them up at the many water stations.

It is also a good idea to hire a buggy if you have a child under 7.

The only downside was the staff pretending not to understand if we spoke french - they really don't like you trying, so my advice is not to bother!. Also don't eat at Planet Hollywood - the staff are very slow to serve (esp, British customers - we noticed). Also my burger was served raw (apparently you have to ask to have it cooked - well done)!!!!
However Cafe Mickey was great - food amazing (pricey -but worth it).

The food in the whole place is expensive - expect to fork out about 150 euros per day for a family of four.

• Travel date: Fri 13th of August 2010

Nice Hotel

Reviewed Wed 4th of August 2010

"Please dont be put off this hotel by other peoples reviews!. We have just got back from a three night stay at Newport and had a fab time . The hotel was fine and we had no trouble at all with anything !. We had a standard room which was basic but fine for the amount of time you are in them. Breakfast was lovely with lots of fresh rolls , cereals , fruit , ham , cheese and lovely pastries !. We had breakfast early and was eating by 7.30am - 8.00am. After eight it was very hectic so just go early for a relaxing brakfast. The children loved the swimming pool and we was lucky enough to use the outside area too. We found all the staff to be helpful and friendly . My advice to everyone is to make sure you go to mickeys cafe for lunch or dinner as all the characters come and see the children and you can have your pictures done free of charge and no waiting about in park . Also take some cartoons of drinks with you and some snacks for the children as its so exspensive for everything!. Make sure yoe book your meals in advance , you can just book when you pass the restaurants . You can fastpass rides , you just insert you park tickets into machine and it gives you a time to come back. This is so worth doing!. The shows are brilliant so try and do as much as you can especially the special effects shows. Its a lovely walk into the parks only ten mins at the most !. the bus usually takes longer. We didnt go to the wild west show as our children have asthma but i think it was over priced anyway. We had lovely meals in planet hollywood and rainforest but be prepared to pay on average 9o euros for a family of four, food was lovely though . Whole trip was fantastic and so worth the money our children of 5 and seven are still smiling now and at 37 so am i! ."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of July 2010

Disney Paris - Newport Bay

Reviewed Wed 13th of October 2010

"Second time stayed in the hotel, both times very pleased. Was upgraded to Admirals Floor & Lake view on arrival. Although on first visit the view we has was still good and we had a balcony!

It's my 3rd visit to Disney Paris I have been in January, it was very very cold and a bit like ghost town with no atmosphere. The second time was in September, before the kids started school, this was the best time as reasonably busy but great weather. I would not recommend July, far too busy, rude people who jump the queue at every opportunity. Having said that it was only my husband and I who got annoyed, the kids were oblivious.

Expect to wait for 1hour plus for photos with characters and for many of the rides. However they are all worth waiting for!

The food can be expensive and I recommend going for the half board option. There is a lot of choice, the Plaza Gardens has a wide range as did the Restaurant des stars & Annette's diner (for burger & chips) and great milkshake.

Having been there 3 times I am now saving for Orlando. If their policy does not tolerate queue jumpers it must be worth every penny. It was the only downside, that and the wait for all the rides. Kids loved it and none of the things that got to us ruined their enjoyment, the parades, the firework displays, the shows and the whole experience is really worth it fo the money paid."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of July 2010

Crap hotel.

Reviewed Thu 14th of October 2010

"Staff were really nice and helpful at first.
I've seen better service at travel lodge.
Room was a dump wall paper peeling from the walls and smell of damp in the bathroom and toilet.
Room also smelt of cigarettes.
Food very expensive £75 for me my wife and son.
Only news channels to watch in English which my son found really interesting...I don't think so.
I complained while there got no help. When we got back I sent an email to Disney which they said that there was no evidence of my complaint.
Well they would say that wouldn't they.

WILL NEVER BE GOING BACK THERE AGAIN!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of July 2010

Never Ever Again!!!

Reviewed Wed 14th of July 2010

"We have just returned from a 5 day holiday at the Newport (July 2010) and are very very disapointed!!!The hotel itself had a terrible stench, which hit you as soon as you walked in. Staff had NO interest in helping you in anyway. Rooms were dated, but ok. Breakfast was a nightmare!!! No organization and staff out and out rude!!!On our departure, after asking which bus we should take we were put on the wrong one!!! Ending up in the wrong airport, and an hour away from the right one. We ended up having to pay £70 for a taxi, and just making our flight!!!Spoiled our very expensive holiday, by staying in a terrible hotel!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 5th of July 2010

Newport Bay Needs a Refurb & English Language lessons !

Reviewed Tue 29th of June 2010

"We arrived at Newport Bay with our two boys age 6 and 3 on 10 June 2010, departing Sunday 13 June. Impressive hotel from the outside and reception nicely presented also. We were booked on the Admiral's Floor. First impression of room was clean and tidy, although quite dated. However after a night using the room we noticed large areas of wallpaper had been scribbled on by kids with felt tin pen, wall paper bubbling up and peeling off the walls, skirting boards needing painting and the bathroom door was down to the bare chipboard for about 12" square which looked lovely next to the cracked floor tiles in the bathroom. Day Two we arrived back to our room to find no toilet rolls. Tried to ring reception could only get an answerphone so left a message, no one rang us back. I then had to dress and go to Admiral's reception to ask for some ! The lady had problems understanding me and eventually said she would send someone up with some. Time went by and no one came. We fell asleep, woke 1am to find no toilet rolls outside our door, so I had to ring down again and this time someone brought one up ! Sanitory bags were not replenished the whole of the holiday which can be embarrassing for anyone with a young family with them.

On arrival we booked the Mickey and Friends Wild West Show to ensure we had a place during our short stay. This was an expensive booking, but we thought it was one of those things that 'had to be done'. The young man on reception did not understand us or know how to book it so had to find someone to help. The next night we lay reading through our sparse welcome pack to find a leaflet on the Disney Village which gave a voucher on the rear cover for money off the Wild West Show, which would have saved us around £30. These leaflets are displayed all around the complex so the vouchers are readily available, we would have expected to have been informed of this at our booking. I went straight down to Admiral's reception as the Concierge was closed (10pm). She also had a problem understanding me and in the end dismissed her responsibility saying she could not help, only the concierge and they would be open 7.30am. I stated we had a character breakfast booked for that time at Cafe Mickey in the Village and her suggestion was to have that and then walk back to sort this out, which would have taken up a chunk of our valuable morning. Needless to say we did not and returned early that evening. Pleased to say we got our refund. Before you book anything, check for money off vouchers first.
The Park closed at 7pm weekdays which we found too early. Many restaurants closed at 5pm which did not give enough time to leave the Park to eat and return. Many staff in the Park did not speak English and the queue system to meet characters was a joke.
We do not feel the hotel warrants the star grading it has and that the staff need some training in Customer Service and some brush up on the Engligh Language.
Good points - Wild West Show good fun. Character Breakfast in Cafe Mickey.

• Travel date: Mon 21st of June 2010

Large hotel, very hectic !

Reviewed Tue 20th of April 2010

"We booked 3 rooms as our group had 6 children and 4 adults. This hotel is extremely large and our room was quite a trek from the main reception and dining areas.
Food was outstanding with plenty of choice of both hot and cold food and catered well for children. Staff were helpful even though it was always very busy, and often there was a queue at reception.
Rooms were superb, clean and well equiped for the amount of time spent in them.
The swimming pool was freezing which was a shame, but the children didnt seem to mind. Pool was open from 3pm - 10pm so we had a quick splash around each evening after dinner and that always pleased the kids and completely tired them out!
We opted to walk the 10 mins to the parks, as this was much quicker than waiting for the bus.
I would recommend this hotel as its location to the parks is great.

• Travel date: Mon 19th of April 2010

lovely hotel!

Reviewed Fri 5th of November 2010

"Myself and my daughter (6 at the time) stayed at the neport bay in september 2009. We got the eurostar and when we arrived our luggage was taken streight to our hotel so we could go off and enjoy the parks. I would highly recomend doing this as they take your luggege when you check out on your last day and then you can get it when you go to the station to get the train back home.

the hotel looks lovely from outside and very grand inside too. It reminded me of being on a ship. when we got to our room it was lovely and very clean with two big double beds. my daughter was thrilled to be staying there and said she felt like kevin from home alone 2! (the film where he stays in the very posh hotel) The staff were very friendly and great with my daughter.

Its true what they say about getting to breakfast erly. On our first morning there we overslept and didnt get down to the resturant till after 8. There was a massive que and we had to wait about half an hour. Make sure you get your breakfast ticket from 7-7.30. even if you are a bit later they still let you in but thats the time we went for our remaining three days and we walked streight in with no q.

the only thing i will say is that the pool is too cold (we stayed in the jaccuzi) and the two times we went down it was closed even tho it was suppost to be open. the first time the staff said a child had been sick in the pool so they had to close it for cleaning. but it was open agian within half hour. the second time we didnt bother going back down as we were too tired!

The food is very expencive but we booked meal vochers before we went and i would recomend this as it will cost you alot more when you are there.

The parks are fantastic but as ive already read on here the foreners do push in alot so sometimes you have too.
I would definatlly go back to this hotel and cant wait to go back to disney."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of March 2010

euro disney newport bay club

Reviewed Tue 9th of November 2010

"We have just got back from a 4 day 3 night stay at Euro disney from 11/03/2010 to 14/03/2010.My family and I stayed at the Newport Bay Club which we found a really nice hotel not like the reviews said so dont panic when you first read them like I did.
The hotel is clean and most of the staff quite friendly the only 2 things I can complain about is firstly the room was very warm and secondly there was no hand basin in the toilet so you had to come out of the toilet to wash your hands bit unhygenic I thought other than that we all enjoyed our stay at the hotel (some reviews say theres no kettle in the room but there was in ours and a small wall hair dryer although I brought and used mine own).
I would advise that yu go to breakfast early as it does get quite busy and in the parks go to the mickey cafe its great fun.The food everywhere is very exspensive so try and get the meal deal where you get vouchers and pack light as at euro tunnel theres lots of escalators and with prams bags ect its really hard work.Drinks and sweets are very exspensive so worth packing some for the kids ect also you can hire prams in the park
Hope this review helps enjoys your holiday it really is a fantastic place"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of March 2010