Disney's Newport Bay Club

Avenue Robert Schuman, 77700 Chessy, Marne-la-Vallee France

Good
Good
2063

The magic of Disney

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"FANTASTIC!

I booked the trip as a surprise for my family, and since we have four children we were *forced* to stay in this hotel as it was the only Disney (in the magic) with a family room.

Well, they can force me anytime they want!!

We realised the night before our trip that my husbands passport had expired so I ended up travelling by myself with the 4 kids and he joined me later on. Since the family rooms are on the "Admirals Floor" we had a seperate check in and the lady was LOVELY. She was SO helpful.

The room itself was huge and very clean. Chocs on pillows everynight were a thrill for the kids (OK, and me) and the beds were turned down every night by the time we were back from the park and ready to fall into them.

Breakfast was nice, buffet style. A bit chaotic but then that is Disney to a point...you certainly dont book this trip for relaxation!!

I cant "gush" about the NPB enough. I loved it for every second I was there and cant wait to return.

GO FOR IT!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of July 2004

Great hotel

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"My experience at this hotel was certainly an excellent one. I arrived in the middle of August and I really didn't find a line at the front desk. They immediately checked us in with a smile. The hotel is beautiful. Rooms are large and peaceful with a great view. Breakfast was ok. Just a ten minutes walk to both Disney parks. Very confortable beds.
There is nothing bad I can say about this hotel. It is not expensive either if you think that you get free entrance to both parks for every single day/night you spend there. And you can move from one park to the other as many times as you want."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of June 2004

Newport Bay Club - Excellent

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I have read a few reviews in the past about the newport Bay not been up to Disney standard and the different faults it had. Personally I found the hotel to be excellent. We have stayed at this hotel twice, once in the summer and once at christmas and found the staff to be frendly and the hotel to be very comfortable. i do agree that the walk to the bedrooms are long, but what do you expect from one of the biggest hotels in france.

The breakfasts were lovely and the boutique in the hotel was as good if not better than some of the shops in Disney.

All in all I would go back in a flash and i have recommended it to all my friends."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of June 2004

Good time was had by all

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"4TH visit to Disney, and 4th stay at the newport bay,
we love the olde england charm ,espeacilly at christmas , magical for what ever age group.
we ate good breakfasts and even had our evening meals in the yatch club . lovely and must be tried, service and staff have always been good. will return there again neat year.."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of June 2004

Loved it

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"I suprised my fiancee with a two night three day trip to Disneyland Paris, i booked the Newport Bay Club and upgraded our room to the Admirals Floor with a lake view, there is nothing at all that i could say to fault this hotel, everything is excellent, ok little pricey, but then again so are many 4-5* hotels when your not all inclusive, i read the reviews from other people on here and to be honest, dont take any notice of the bad reviews, best hotel apart from Disneyland Hotel, looks stunning, the rooms were lovely and quite spacious, the staff were extra friendly they are not rude as a lot of reviewers seem to think, they really do make the effort, only 10 minutes walk round the lake to Disney Village and 5 minutes thereafter for either of the parks, you dont have to carry any souvenirs with you as they deliver them back to your hotel room !, have already booked for next year, will be staying at the newport bay again without a doubt!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of June 2004

Non-existent customer service

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"The service at the NBC is horrid. Getting help on something as simple as laundry was trying. By the time I got it worked out I had missed 'normal' laundry hours and had to pay 2.5x the normal rate. Getting some shirts and slacks pressed cost me over $150.

The interior has seen better days. Wallpaper is in bad shape and the interior has an overall rough edge to it. There was pen marks on my wall where evidentally some child had used it for drawing.

You are best off going somewhere else."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of May 2004

Somethings you should know about the hotel

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"We stayed 2 nights at Newport Bay hotel in Disneyland. the hotel was ok but there were certain irritants which I would like to share1. The check in takes awfully long. It took us over two hours standing in the queue 2. Unless you are staying in the admiral floor, you have to carry your bags/luggage yourself which is very bothersome. Luckily for us, we were staying in the Admirals Floor so we were saved the bother but we saw parents lugging their kids and luggages and it is extremely unpleasant and a bad start to a great holiday.Disneyland is great and the kids had a great time but remember again, that there are serpentine queues...so plan your schedule properly and in advance"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of April 2004

FANTASTIC HOTEL IN THE HEART OF DISNEY

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"this is such a beautiful hotel. when you drive up it really has that wow factor breathtaking!! the lobby (with gift shop, 2 bars off it) is decorated in the nauctical theme as is the whole hotel and as it's Disney it has been done to a spectacular standard. we have been 2 times at christmas and to experience christmas here is like nothing on earth a real magical experience. the bedrooms are large with again great decor all usual amminites and i found were comfy beds. staff were helpful but don't expect florida or california hospitality remember your in france and the locals have shall we say a certain way of dealing with customers. but the best thing of all is it's only a 5min walk to disney village and 10mins to disney parks. Overall an excellent hotel i wouldn't hesitate to recommened to anyone. if you have a chance to go do you'll love it!!"

• Travel date: Wed 14th of April 2004

a great 40th birthday present for me and the kids

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"this was a treat for my 40th birthday from my husband and mother in law, we had a magical time we had four days and got to see all of disneyland paris its quite expensive but a holiday worth saving for we took in a wild west show while we were there all in all BRILLANT HOLIDAY NEWPORT BAY CLUB WAS OUTSTANDING I WOULD GO AGAIN TODAY IF I COULD AFFORD IT THANK YOU.BERNADETTE LEE."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of February 2004

had a great time

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"we stayed her for exmas with my sis her hubby and their 3 kids, we all had a great time, the hotel is wonderful the rooms are spacious with mini bar at extra cost, but very handy. food machines on every floor, the pool area was great although the rooms we stayed in we had to go up the elevator walk down the hall then go back down in another elevator to get to the pool! but we were all capable of doing this and wasn't that big a deal. the food is out of this world at very reasonable prices considering you are in a disney top hotel. if you do go in winter make sure you take thick coats gloves scarves and hats as we had to buy hats and scarves, you get very cold while waiting in line for the rides as you are just standing still but you can buy hot drinks which we did before queing up. we took a look around the new york hotel and ours was nicer and not as expensive but you can still skate outside the ny one if you wish if it's winter, you just rent the ice skates.
the disney coach takes you to the hotel doors from the airport and back again when you leave. good stores in hotel as well for gifts. we would go back for sure when we have our baby, when it gets old enough to remember"

• Travel date: Sun 15th of February 2004

Worst experience ever

Reviewed Tue 2nd of September 2014

"This was family's 1st real holiday after the birth of my son more than 5 years ago. I had promised my son a Disneyland trip when he was 2 years old when he saw his 1st cartoon - yeah u guessed it Mickey Mouse @ clubhouse. And when I finally booked the my 4 day, 3 night trip @ a Disney Hotel, I promised him a fun filled , exciting adventure and for ourselves ( WIFI and me) a relaxing time.
While the park delivered on its promise, the hotel stay was anything BUT. During these warm summer times, the most basic amenity one would expect in a any hotel room is an AC. And I am indeed pained to say that the AC in my room DID not work any of the 3 nights.

Night 1 15th Aug - Since I had reached the hotel prior to the 3pm check in time, I was NOT able to check in and hence collected my park passes and headed for the park. When I checked in my room (Room #1108 ) at 1030pm, I realized that the room temperature was quite high and turned on the AC and the blower to maximum, but the room didn't seem to cool down. I was too tired to wait longer and fell asleep but woke up sweating sometime during the night and realized that my son had escaped his duvet cover ripped off all his clothes and was lying on the carpet floor... It was a sad sight as a parent to see an excited 5 yr old, who only a few hours ago was twinkling with excitement after his first roller coaster ride in the Thunder Mountain. He was breathing heavily and I was paranoid as he has suffered from breathing problems at night.

I left a message at the reception on Day 2 - 16th Aug in the morning that the room AC is NOT working and needs a technician to investigate the problem.

Night 2 - When I reached the hotel room after the Disney light show around 12 midnight, the AC still didn't seem to work. I called the reception right away and the lady at the reception mentioned that she will call up the technician to sort it out. I called her thrice in a span of 45 minutes and all the time she mentioned that it was her job to call the technician and he will come to the room , but he never showed up until 0145. I then rang her up and told her that I cannot stay up any longer and asked her not to send the technician as it would disturb us. But I explicitly asked her to ensure that she lodged a complaint on the AC to ensure it gets sorted the next morning, while we were out. We had to keep the window open to ensure my son could hopefully breathe regularly. But none of us had a comfortable night sweating profusely.

Day 3 morning- 17th Aug - I did not stop by or call the reception as I expected the complaint to be auctioned from the night before.

Night 3 - When I reached the hotel, I stopped by the reception and checked with them whether the AC issue was resolved in my room. I was shocked to hear that there was NO complaint registered at all the previous night. My wife was in tears pleading. The reception clerk passed us on to her team lead who for a change was understanding and offered to have the technician right over to our room to check on the issue. He also offered us an upgrade to a private breakfast for our troubles. When the technician finally turned up to our room, and spent no more than 15 minutes checking the vents, ( he hardly spoke any English). On querying the issue, he mentioned it was a security problem and that he had resolved it. I did tell him that the room temperature still did not cool down to which re replied that it would take time and then left our room. And to our worst fears, the
room temperature never lowered and it continued to be warm. We had a 3rd sleepless sweaty night.

Thanks to you guys :(

Some of the other problems in the room like a few insects crawling in the crater corners between the bath tub and the wall, I choose to ignore.

My Question to the Disney Management is

1. Do you design the Disney package offer intentionally to include sub standard rooms/ hotels at inflated prices because you bank on the customers to spend most of the time in the park and ignore the state of your rooms ?

2. Is this part of your profitability strategy ? Surely, it cannot be a customer retention strategy.

Please treat this email as a formal complaint, which I demand an explanation from the Hotel / Disney management. I wish to charge the Newport Bay hotel for damages for my holiday time, trouble and stress that this hotel stay has caused me and my family.

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2014

rude staff spoilt our holiday

Reviewed Mon 13th of August 2012

"We have just finished our holiday at this hotel and will never ever go back there neither recommend it to anybody.
Leave alone the "old" hotel with peeling wall papers and smelly corridors, the rudeness of the staff was the worst and the most insulting of all. During check in, the personnel were not helpful at all, at the swimming pool when my daughter fell in the pool, the guy sitting there simply told me to take care of myself and did not even stand up and try to help. The last morning, we had a horrible attitude at the breakfast room where two of the staff had physically stood in front of my husband in a threatening way to stop him from walking into the breakfast room to check wheter there was other tables with more space around. The first word that I heard from each and every personnel there was "no" to begin the conversation no matter what you are asking for.
As I said before, I would never ever recommend this hotel to anybody."

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2012

Hotels near Disney's Newport Bay Club

Stayed at Disney's Newport Bay Club? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Disney's Newport Bay Club

• Grumpy by Grumpy

"Get the train to Paris for a change from the parks "

• astolfijones by astolfijones

"take own squash for children to drink with you "

• Smithy1575 by Smithy1575

"Go down to breakfast 10 mins before your slot! "

• cassy by cassy

"Do not stay in this hotel "

• Leeanne A by Leeanne A

"Rainforest Cafe, Princess Dinner Candleabration Ceremony (magical!!) "

• Ellie by Ellie

"Find out where everything is in the hotel when you arrive. "

• disneyaddict by disneyaddict

"They should maintain it better "

• pipj02 by pipj02

"Organise your days to make the most of everthing pick early breakfast to get to parks for 8am "

• not usually a complianer by not usually a complianer

"over priced & basic with no disney characters "

• Jenny by Jenny

"Stay elsewhere until they tidy it up ! "

• honeyhoney by honeyhoney

"Great location for disneyland park "

• legallou by legallou

"avoid rooms with a long walk to reception(esp with little ones) and walk to the park rather than the busy shuttle bus "

• deborah122 by deborah122

"Fantastic - need more than 2 days. "

• deborah122 by deborah122

"Seeing Sleeping Beauty's Castle and Santa "

• Kimsney by Kimsney

"Overall a great experience "

• sam by sam

"lovely hotel. magical place "

• snowfilly by snowfilly

"do some ground work first "

• Gireesh G by Gireesh G

"Dont book at this hotel if you want to relax and enjoy Disney, since advice "

• iantheweazle by iantheweazle

"DON'T BE PUT OFF BY THE ODD BAD REVIEW! "

• eddie1 by eddie1

"rain forest cafe is good but very expensive!! "

Disney's Newport Bay Club is also called