Disney's Hotel Santa Fe

Avenue Robert Schuman, 77700 Coupvray France

2063

Room great, food disappointed

Reviewed 7 months ago

"Journey to Disneyland was awful, took over 7 hrs. If there was a next time I would go by aeroplane because the train picks you up right outside then it's 10 mins to Disneyland. Santa Fe rooms were great, 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms very warm and cosy. If you like a hot drink in the morning bring kettle, cups etc. Le Cantina food very bland and basic. The breakfast was very disappointing no hot food, just toast cereal and crossiants. We had full board included but the food was very basic where ever you went so in the end we had maccys twice. I enjoyed the park and meeting the characters even if Jafar chased me lol. Very disappointed in the starwars though it was too hyped up before we came and this is why we came to Disneyland. We expected all the characters walking around but no they just did 3 shows on stage. We were told the 3D star tours would be ready but it wasn't. They are doing a starwars section of the park but people need to be told. Each starwars show last about 10-15 mins if I had known this I don't think I would of visited. I feel they need the storm troopers walking around not just a few of them lots of them. Sorry Disneyland Paris I didn't have high expectations and out of pocket too "

• Travel date: Sat 4th of February 2017

Nothing to worry about!

Reviewed Thu 17th of December 2015

"Hey people . I have read some ridiculous bad reviews on this website about this hotel one in particular mentioning a pool ! Do people go to Disneyland to swim ? ( sarcasm ). I mean come on you've booked a two star hotel but writing a review as if you've booked a 5 next time if you want glitz and glamour pay for it !! Some people won't be happy if the pavements are hot coal and someone was carrying them on their backs to save their feet from burning they'd probably ask them to go faster but can't pay you because THEY CAN'T AFFORD IT ! Haha . OK sorry about my little rant back to the hotel ...absolutely great no problems at all 5 minute walk from parks great friendly staff , clean and great for children I can't write a review on the breakfast because even though it was free we were to interested in getting out with our daughter and having fun in Disneyland seeming has that's what we were there for ! The staff both inside and outside the hotel were great and went out of their way to help us . Just a quick one (Treat people the way you would like to be treated yourself !) You may just find life smiles back at you doing so :) . I could go on and on but I won't bottom line is if your looking to take your children to Disneyland and are unsure on Hotel Santa Fe then do it I have no complaints on this hotel and to the miserable person who wants a pool in their hotel either spend a little more or go to Spain! Hotel Santa Fe is great we will never forget the memories we made both at the hotel and Disneyland as a whole ..Amazing!.......p.s going in Christmas season will be hard to beat ."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of December 2015

ALLERGY'S - TAKE YOUR OWN FOOD OR DO NOT GO

Reviewed Mon 24th of August 2015

We took my 6 year old little boy on his first holiday abroad. He is mad about cars and superhero's and was captivated by the Disneyland adverts on the telly. So we thought why not? He was made up to stay in the Santa Fe hotel modeled on the Disney movie cars. Imagine a car mad little boy staying with Lightening Mcqueen - Perfect !!!!!!

Unfortunately my child has food allergies - he is allergic to rice and gluten and intolerant to dairy and wheat. Continental breakfasts provide him a problem so I called my travel agent to raise my concern. She called Disneyland as was assured breakfast would be no problem.
About two months before we traveled I again called my travel agent to reassure myself there would be a suitable breakfast for my little boy. All we wanted was some Gluten free cereal and some gluten free toast. My travel agent emailed the hotel personally and received a written reply this would be fine. She sent me written confirmation of this.

We arrived at the hotel hot, tired and excited but looking forward to a magical 5 days. We checked in and of course I asked about allergies and breakfast. I was provided with a list that consisted of Soy Milk (fantastic, a big relief), 2 types of gluten free cake, gluten free biscuits and gluten free bread.

Call me old fashioned but cake and biscuits are not breakfast, not even on holiday. Despite the fact my child will not eat most cake and biscuits - gluten free or not - as he has a connotation with them giving him tummy ache.

I asked for clarification at reception and was pointed to the information desk. They could not help me and told me to ask in the restaurant. However the restaurant was not open until the evening.

So we had a rest and went to explore the park. At dinner we went to the restaurant and I had to speak to 7 different people from the waitress to the check in girl to the chef to the bar man who wore a managers waistcoat and assured me not to worry there would be cereal for my child's breakfast.

All good and I was much relieved. Until we got down to breakfast on the first day of our magical holiday - guess what - No cereal. The fruit was a mix of citrus fruit - grapefruit, pineapple, big cut up fleshy oranges, we could not even pick out the apple as it was covered in citrus juice.

Still he could always fill up on toast right - well yes except the bread has to go through the same crumb covered rolling toaster and fall out onto the same crumb covered tray as all the normal bread with other people cramming their bread next to yours.

Also the quality of the gluten free bread was shocking. Despite being tetra packed it was hard and dry before it got in the toaster. I am not surprised my child did not like it.

In desperation and not quite sure what else to do having a hungry child who was desperate to get breakfast and go to the park I gave him ordinary cereal. Only cornflakes - what harm could a small amount of barley malt do? He had already tried wheat covered toast - BIG MISTAKE

We came back from the park early because he was unwell and upset because he just wanted to enjoy his holiday and it was all going wrong. After giving him a bath and holding a sniffling child in my arms for half an hour. I went to information to complain and was pointed to reception. I explained the situation and was told there was not a lot they could do. I explained about the email and the letter from my travel agent. I was asked to provide this, which fortunately I could. The receptionist called a more senior member of staff to look at it and I was told the phrase "all meals" did not mean breakfast but referred to lunch and dinner.

I said this was not good enough and could they not order in some gluten free cereal from a supplier. I was even willing to pay despite the fact breakfast is included in the package I had already paid for. I was told not possible and I should have told them before. I said that I had and to check the system which they did and admitted it said "gluten free" under my booking.

I demanded to know what I should do and was told I could get the shuttle bus from the hotel to the park, pick up the number 50 bus and take it to the big shopping center to buy my own cereal from the supermarket there. If I did not wish to take the bus I could take the train from outside the park to the shopping center. (2 and a half hours this took me on a holiday that was not supposed to be self catering) - I call it a disgrace and would not recommend it to anyone.

There was no offer of help, support, discount, apology or anything. My poor little boy had been excited for weeks, we had this booked for 11 months and quite frankly no one cared whether he had breakfast or not, he was not important enough for anyone to take an interest or help him. I thought Disneyland was supposed to be child friendly -well we learned our lesson.

• Travel date: Mon 24th of August 2015

not too bad

Reviewed Mon 29th of December 2014

"It was the cheapest option hotel so you cannot expect top rate hotel.
huge hotel with plenty of space.
plus points were;
spacious, clean, shuttle bus was good, food was ok as long as you book a time slot for eating. very quiet, great as a base for Disneyland.

Bad points were:
no kettle, no information what so ever on events or character visitors, extremely expensive bar, shop and games room quite expensive, WiFi didn't work very well, toilets needed more ventilation, they smell quite bad even though they were cleaned regular, opposite sex cleaners were cleaning the toilets as you were going to the toilet."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of December 2014

never ever again

Reviewed Tue 10th of June 2014

"This hotel is awful, breakfast is a free for all, not good when you have children who are hungry and you have to race to find a seat then scrummage for food and drinks. The staff are mostly rude and don't care there are a few exceptions, the rooms are very basic, a kettle but no tea or coffee or cups!!!! The prices for the evening buffet are extortionate and quite frankly the food isn't that nice. The arcade is expensive and games don't last long, in fact all in all I wouldn't stay there again if it was free, and please change the uniforms the staff wear they look ridiculous.Our bathroom had tiles coming away from the bath,the shuttle to the park is brilliant but that is about the only nice thing I can say, no pool, no play area, in fact not good at all."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of June 2014

Superb!!!

Reviewed Sat 21st of July 2012

"I've stopped in the New York Hotel at Disney but went for a lower budget as I have 2 children and it was cheaper there. We went with my brother and his family and they put us in joining rooms which was great for the kids. The hotel staff were lovely, the rooms were spotless and cleaned every day. It was also a lovely 5 mins walk along the river to the Disney Village. We all thoroughly enjoyed it all, I could not complain at all. I found it much more relaxed than the New York as the Santa Fe is geared more to children where the New York is posher. I would go back to the Santa Fe definitely we had a superb holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of July 2012

No concerns for customers

Reviewed Thu 26th of April 2012

"We had several items stolen from our luggage from the room on the last day of our visit. As we realised that after leaving the hotel, the customer services (worst I have ever seen) refused to do anything. They won't even let us have a copy of their complaint procedure despite several requests! We did not even hear an apology. They were quite happy to say in essence that as there is no proof they won't do anything. But we must go and visit them again soon.
This was enough to ruin our holiday. This trip was for our daughter's birthday who lost a new £70 dress among the items stolen.
Otherwise, this hotel is a very long distance away from the park, the rooms are very basic and appeared unclean with smelly bathroom. The food was not very good and extremely overpriced. A small bottle of water was 3 euros!
I would not stay here again.

• Travel date: Thu 26th of April 2012

Disneyland Paris Santa Fe

Reviewed Wed 18th of April 2012

"I had read a lot of poor reviews of this hotel before we travelled and I was quite concerned. Imagine my relief when we arrived and everything was fine! The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Everyone we spoke to spoke english readily and fluently which is useful if you do not have a lot of french. The canteen staff hastily removed our used trays from us when we tried to tidy up after we'd finished eating. There is a lady on the door of the restaurant to explain the system if it is your first time. Yes, the restaurant gets busy, but let's be fair. It's a big hotel, of course it will have to cater for a lot of people! We went early and had no problems, we would find a table then the adults would take it in turns to fetch the food. We found a lot of the other clients in the hotel(and the parks)very rude and pushy. We decided after the first day to throw our manners out the window and play them at their own game and we were fine.By which I mean we made sure we stood our ground in queues and if it was a free for all we made sure we got in there too! We still used our p's and q's were appropriate :) There was plenty to eat and drink at the hotel, and everything was replenished frequently. The food was fresh and we all enjoyed our breakfasts. We also noticed that tables do clear quickly so even if they were all full you would not have long to wait.
The hotel room was clean and very spacious with plenty of drawer space to unpack clothes if you wish to. The rooms were cleaned everyday. The shower was hot and powerful, a great way to start the day. Yes, some of the decor is ready to be renewed but it's still in a serviceable condition and probably not dissimilar to many of our homes...Nothing can stay new and immaculate forver. The block we stayed in was close to reception and quiet. The blocks don't go in numerical order but there are signs, and I'm sure reception would point you in the right direction if needed.

I used the safe in the room to store some important medications. I arranged things in a particular way so I could tell if it had been tampered with but nothing was touched. You choose your own safe code if you wish to use it.

The queues for the bus can seem long, but they clear very quickly and the buses run every 12minutes. It's not actually a queue either once you get closer. The buses have several doors along the length and the gaps in the railings correspond to these doors. Everyone gathers around one of these gaps to enter the bus. Yes, we held on tight to our childrens hands as there can be a bit if a scramble to get on the bus, and you don't always get a seat, but you CAN get on the bus. We never had to wait for a second bus before we travelled and we were there during easter holidays AND for Disney's actual 20th birthday.
It is really easy, and recommended, to make a reservation at a restaurant, the reception staff at the hotel can do it for you on the computer. They will hand you a slip of paper with the reservation details on. We really enjoyed Billy Bob's. It had a large buffet, including a childrens section and an adults(though you can eat from either). They had a salad bar too, plenty of desserts and everyone in our group of 5 had plenty of food they liked to choose from. We arrived at Billy Bob's for 6pm when it opened.
We didn't find it easy to stop for drinks or food at lunch time in the parks. A lot of the snack booths weren't open and the cafes were full. We had taken plenty of snacks though, eg crackers, apples, raisins, cereal bars, rice pudding pots and drinks. We snacked as we moved around the park as there was so much to see and do. The children seemed very happy with this option.
Pick up a show programme as soon as you get there so you can plan your day around the shows you want to see. Our first day it rained heavily and we were soaked to the skin. We were unaware at that time that there were a lot of shows under cover in the Studios park. Oops! : D live and learn! There is a large restaurant/video theatre in disneyland however where we could watch cartoons while we waited to see if the rain passed.
Also, if you have a disability, take a doctor's letter or your blue badge and you can get a disabled pass from city hall in disneyland(at the entrance). This only takes a few minutes, and entitles the holder plus one adult and the children with you to priority access to characters and rides.You take your pass to the exit of a ride and the staff will get you on the ride as soon as possible. Sometimes this is straight away, sometimes you have to wait a few minutes. But never more than a few minutes. Make yourself known to a staff member with the charcter and they will ensure that the charcater makes time to sign autograph books and have a picture with you. This pass helped us to really make our holiday a once in a lifetime experience and we managed to fit a lot into our time. Without this pass we would have struggled to do half of what we did.

Check ride information carefully however! We were unaware Crush's coaster wasn't recommended for under 7's and was classed as a big thrill ride because we went straight to the exit with our disabled pass. I'm not a rollercoaster fan and my son is still 6. We both came off shaken and a little shocked! It is a disorientating ride, mostly ridden in pitch black with flashing neon lights. I know this is exactly someone's idea of fun but it wasn't ours and definitely not for small children.
If you have timid ore asily worried children, be aware that the motor stunt show has large flames, and gun fights as part of the show. Don't sit near the front if this is soemthing that upsets your child! The show is fantastic and worth watching, but our chuldren leapt onto the row behind us when the flames and shooting started! Warn them before hand that they will be safe and sit higher up. The behind the scenes tour in disney Studios also features special effects with fire, avalanches of water, and at one point the tram will stop and the carriages will shake and rock as though you were in an earthquake(without warning). Again, this frightened the younger children in our group.

Try and get to the character meet and greet points regularly. Our first 2 days we didn't see many charcters around the park and we were a little disappointed after buying the children autograph books. However we discovered that our 3rd day there was Disneyland Paris's actual 2oth birthday and there were a lot more around then. We wondered if they had been on reduced hours to enable them all to work on that special day? Try and be in the queue for the characters arriving at the hotel in the morning. They seemed to arrive at 8am ish.

Overall we had a fantastic time and we would love to be able to do it again. The children had long days with late nights and early mornings but not once did we have any complaints or bad temper from them due to there being so much to see and do. "

• Travel date: Wed 18th of April 2012

i thought it was very good

Reviewed Tue 17th of April 2012

"i stayed here last tuesday for 2 nights and i thought it was cute,comfotable,clean and cosy, we had got there just in time because a huge queue for reception arrived and it was packed ! and we was in block 45 and the sign post had 43, 44 and 46 so we got a bit lost but found it aventually it was behind block 43, we had loud neighbours who was argueing and thier baby was screaming! there was no problems so we didnt need to ask the staff anything and service was guite slow, the breakfast line was massive so we skiped that! the shuttle bus to the parks was very handy but can get packed easily and quickly! the bus from the airport to the hotel was a bit rubbish the man coudlnt speak any english and was not helpfull with our bags!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2012

Disneyland Paris February 2012

Reviewed Thu 16th of February 2012

"Wow, arrived back home at 5am should be asleep but had so many good things to write about and so relieved the whole trip was a hundred times better than the reviews given, here goes:

The hotel was spacious, immaculately clean, the staff were friendly and most polite. The rooms were really warm which was cosy and most considerate considering it was minus ten that day!! The radiators could be heat controlled. The beds were really comfortable, clean bedding each day. Plenty of clothes and baggage storage. the bathroom was neat with a bath and shower both excellent power and as much hot water as you could possibly want.

At breakfast there were plenty of guests milling around but we didn't struggle on any of the days to get a table, we went at 8am the first day and nearer 8:30 the next. Breakfast was typically continental fruit cocktail, yoghurt, stewed apple, toast, rolls, croissants, jams, marmalades, cheeses, ham, pain au chocolat, cereals, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, orange juice, apple juice...

Nearly everyone made up sandwiches, croissants etc for their lunches and the staff didnt say a word about it, we did it too.

There is a small arcade within the hotel and the trading post shop that sells disney products, both open early and close late.

The shuttle buses to the parks are free and regular and we never actually waited for one but I believe they run every ten minutes or so.

The Parks are great, Disney Village has most restaurants and a huge disney store, the sports bar was by far the cheapest we found with a minimal menu but extremely fast, tasty and a good size, who can grumble at that?!

I wont spoil the excitement of the rides you can find those out for yourselves, as we did....but Space Mountain a must and NOT for the faint hearted.....go enjoy..deffo a thumbs up for me!

• Travel date: Wed 15th of February 2012

DO NOT USE YOUR ROOM SAFE!!!!!

Reviewed Thu 17th of November 2011

"i am just back from a family holiday and stayed in the santa fe. i put our 600 euros and £30 in the room safe and locked it with my personal code. the next morning i opened the safe to get some money to find the safe was empty!!! we contacted the manager who took our statement but would not let us write it was stolen but had disappeared and then drove us to police station. the police rang the security that manages all the disney hotels and he confirmed that the same thing had happened 6 months ago. the manager also explained that their policy is that no one is allowed to enter the room without your permission and you have to be there. though the following day while me and my husband took the kids to the park my father (who was in the joining room) found a man tampering with my safe with no i.d. and no permission so obiviously this policy is a pile of rubbish."

• Travel date: Wed 16th of November 2011

Prepare for the onslaught

Reviewed Wed 14th of September 2011

"stayed for 2 nights last week. Found the hotel to be basic but clean and no complaints with the room.
No noise on a night.
Good points:-
the staff were nice and friendly.
Disney characters came to the hotel each morning to sign autographs and for photos.
The hotel is only a few mins away from the park by bus.

Bad Points:- mad rush for breakfast and the queues are huge.

breakfast was ok, plenty to eat but all cold food.
consisted of croissants, bread rolls, cereals, ham.You can get as much as you like and loads of people were making sarnies to take into the park. Nobody minds. However, I felt the rolls would go hard very quickly so didn't bother.
However, it is a free for all. I was stood behind a spanish man who had 2 glasses to fill, one of his family members turned up when he got to the drinks counter and had another 6 glasses.
Adults push in in front of the kids and it is very noisy, so we only went for breakfast once.

We didnt eat in the hotel at night as the queues were massive.
The hotel has a restaurant(which is huge), a bar, a well stocked shop, an arcade room.
The disney parks are both lovely, there is loads to see and do we stayed for 2 nights and 3 days, but wished we had stayed another night.

There is a mini parade around lunchtime and the main parade was at 5 pm in magic kingdom.
The park is clean, the castle is lovely.
First day we ate in pinnochios fast food restaurant for a snack- french fires were 2.99 euros and soft drink was approx. 2.40 euros but was huge ( i paid £2.20 for a small soft drink at Alton towers in July)

Glad we booked half board vouchers-ate in plaza gardens in magic kingdom- all you can eat buffet- restaurant was decorated like a turn of the century american restaurant- it was lovely.
Plenty of choice for food, it shut at 6.30 but we went in at 6.20 and were told they let people in until 6.30, so were seated immediately.
The cost of the meal came to 72 euros for 2 adults and 2 children, but our vouchers covered the bill. We had paid £72 the previous day to eat at the rainforest cafe in London.

I WOULD RECOMMEND BOOKING A TABLE RESERVATION IF EATING IN DISNEY VILLAGE.
we went the 2nd night of our stay, annettes diner had a massive queue so we liked the look of Billy Bobs saloon, which was a buffet. However, we were told that we could only use our half board vouchers if we had made a reservation, so was turned away.
We then went to Cafe Mickey, again you needed a reservation, but we could also queue, which would take approx an hour.
We decided to queue, as we knew the hotel restauarnt queues were worse,but it was worth the wait, as all the disney characters come to each table to sign autographs and to take photos, which the kids loved it, as the characters are not easy to access in the parks.

There is a huge Mcdonalds in the disney village and prices are on par with the Uk.
In fact I found most of the prices in the parks to be on par with the Uk at the moment especially with the exchange rates.
My son bought a talking woody which was 22.95 euros and they are dearer over here.
I bought a mug which was 9.95 euros and they are around the same price in the Uk.
I think the most exepnsive items were the character costumes- jack sparrow costume was approx. 44.95 euros
my sons bought a pirate hat which was around 5 euros and a sword at the same price, which i don't think was too bad.

BE WARNED- a lot of the europeans will push in. 1 family member will queue then at the front - all the family jumps in, so rude and I have to say it ruined my experience there.
The adults also push in front of kids to have their photos taken with the disney characters and many have 2 or 3 photos then get their family members to have theirs.

Shuttle buses were a nightmare,again mad rush to get on especially on a morning and when the parks close. It is dangerous for kids, i hated it.

Toilets in the park were very smelly ( smelt like male toilets) i had to cover my mouth and nose- and the ones next to Toad Hall were overflowing.

The staff in the parks were all nice and friendly but its not the ones in Florida, who play the parts.

Bear in mind it is Paris, so a lot of the rides are in french.

Highlights:-
Eurostar is fab- check in on the train and our luggage was taken to the hotel, so you can go straight in the park on arrival( the parks are smack next to the train station)
Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean,star tours, buzz lightyear, Stitch live was fab( my youngest liked it best, interactive show, Toy story parachute drop and loved Capatain EO.

Top tips:-
1.buy half board vouchers on booking- you'll save a lot
2.Make reservations where you want to eat
3. Leave the park before the mad rush for the shuttle bus
4. take plenty of snacks for the kids, as you are allowed to take food in.
5. to see characters i would recommend cafe Mickey."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2011

Hotels near Disney's Hotel Santa Fe

Stayed at Disney's Hotel Santa Fe? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Disney's Hotel Santa Fe

• Anonymous67 by Anonymous67

"good restaurants was the roller skating themed one i cant remember the name and billy joes was great "

• louiebluesausage by louiebluesausage

"stay for at least 4 nights, especially if this might be the only chance you get to go! "

• louiebluesausage by louiebluesausage

"la cantina, rainforest cafe, caseys corner "

• tashaturtle by tashaturtle

"Lovely Rides, and a great place for a vacation "

• tashaturtle by tashaturtle

"Thunder Moutain and Aerosmiths Rockin' Coaster! "

• marocami by marocami

"McDonalds was the cheapest and the rest extortionate. "

• "Loved the park, did not rate the food. Would recommend food package deals with hotels. "

• Chris Liverpool by Chris Liverpool

"Amazing. Our first disney experience as a family and definetly not our last. "

• Chris Liverpool by Chris Liverpool

"Cafe mickey, Character meal. Brilliant. Watching the parades, the xmas tree and castle lighting up. "

• misslyd by misslyd

"to read every review before they go! "

• Kaye Banks by Kaye Banks

"It's great for kids and adults..... FUN is the aim of the game "

• secondrow by secondrow

"Disneyland - Yay!! Santa Fe - Nay! "

• JESSICA1 by JESSICA1

"DONT DO IT,TRUST ME YOU WILL REGRET IT "

• bluemoon by bluemoon

"Avoid and go to America "

• Boom by Boom

"Upgrade - save up and make your stay more enjoyable "

• jt_2 by jt_2

"disney is an amazing experiance that everyone should experiance "

• Jessie by Jessie

"Excellent hotel, fantastic value for money "

• rokerzammo by rokerzammo

"Save up and goto Florida instead "

• Dee by Dee

"Dont stay there , there are other hotels nearby "

• GuyBrush316 by GuyBrush316

"Perfect for adults even better for kids "

Disney's Hotel Santa Fe is also called