We have recently updated our Privacy Policy. Click here to learn more

Disney's Hotel New York

Avenue Rene Goscinny, 77777 Chessy, Marne-la-Vallee France

Very pleasant stay

"This was a fantastic hotel. The customer service could not be faulted at all; all cast members were as friendly and eager to help as always. The room needed a bit of maintenance: broken lampshade, chipping paint etc, but this didn't detract too much from the stunning view over the lake and the ice skating rink.

Breakfast was lovely and dinner in the park side diner was very pleasant too. The atmosphere in the New York City bar was very relaxing and charming, with service on par with this.

Loving the elevators!"

• Travel date: Sat 17th of December 2005

Best hotel of Disneyland Paris, pricey

"As a frequent visitor of Disneyland Paris, I stayed at the New York hotel several times in the last 5 years. It is my personal favorite.

The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The New York theme is well outlined throughout the whole hotel. For a couple of EUR you can order breakfast on your room, which is ideal for those romantics.

The hotel has a big fitness room which you can use as a guest. The pool is great, it is inside and outside and those areas are connected together, so you never have to leave the water.

The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Disneyland parcs. There are two restaurants located in the hotel, a sort of Burger Restaurant and "Manhattan", which has upscale dishes and prices. The atmosphere is however great. If your kid has a birthday, be sure to mention it to the staff, and they have a special Disney surprise for your beloved one.

As with any Disney hotel in Paris, prices are becoming unbelievably high. Normally I would stay in this hotel 2 or 3 times a year, but my budget has its limits and many Disney hotels are not within budget anymore."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of December 2005

Great for kids

"2 Adults , 2 Children. We stay at the Hotel New York in Disneyland Paris for 3 nights on 20 Nov.
We are met on arrival by doormen who sweeped open the doors and guided us into to checked. Other doormen unloaded the car. Reception staff were very welcoming. Asked for a Lake view room and got one without any additional charge or problem. Rooms were fine. 2 large double beds. Air Con. TV. Fine bathroom. This isn' the Ritz but it is fine for kids.

Breakfast was like a cattle market the first morning. Everyoone comes down at 9 am so try and get down for about 8.15 and the will be no Q. Breakfast is a large buffet. Hotel breakfast are an extra cost. Lots of cereal for kids etc...

Disney is only 4 / 5 minutes stroll from hotel. Location was great for small kids.

Disneyland wasn't busy at all. We could stay on some of the rides for 4 and 5 times. Had a wonderful time. Thought it was great and so did the kids ( 5 / 7 years )

Had the youngest birthday party with the disney folk ! It was Euro 72 for awful food and a birthday cake . Wouldn't recommend it. too expensive.

In the evenings we ate in the village. Very expensive for terrible food Minimum of Euro 100 per night ( main course only) If you have a car.. go to the shopping centre beside the OUTLET shopping centre where they have a huge food hall area. All kids can eat for Euro 5 ! The food is still fast food but at least you're not getting ripped off.

The Outlet centre was a disappointment. It doesn't have the bargins like Woodbury common in USA.

Overall , a great little holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of November 2005

Good hotel close to the parks

Good

"We have just returned from our second trip to this hotel and so I thought I would share a few thoughts on our stay.

The hotel is in a great location being right next to Disney Village and about 5 - 10 minutes walk from the two Disney parks. As mentioned in an earlier review, if you don't have much luggage then its worth walking through Disney Village from the train station to the back of the hotel to check in as this way you will avoid the rush of people arriving on the shuttle. It will take you about 5 to 10 minutes to walk here from the train station.

The hotel is comfortable with a good size bedroom and bathroom. Basic toiletries are provided on a daily basis (soap, shampoo and bath gel)and clean towels were also provided daily. There is a mini bar in the room but be warned its one of those electronic ones which charges you automatically if you even move an item in the mini bar - so keep the children away if possible as the charges are very expensive. Its well worth bringing your own soft drinks with you if possible - there is an ice machine on each floor.

Breakfast is fine if a little crowded. As previously mentioned there are often queues to get into the dining rooms and it can be quite stressful as people push to get what they want from the buffet. Its self service with cold meats and cheeses, cereals and bread and various yummy mini pastries. A selection of fruit juices, teas and coffee are also available. Its a good way to fill yourself up before going into the park.

There is a very nice pool at the hotel with an attached jacuzzi. There is also a steam room and fitness centre. I didn't use any of these facilities but I did go down for a look and they seemed very nice and clean and were barely being used during our stay so no problem with crowds here.

There are usually various characters wandering around the hotel for you to meet and in addition organised photo sessions are available - with Minnie Mouse and Chip and Dale whilst we were there.

So on the whole a good choice of hotel and I felt good value for money.

A few general comments on the parks themselves....

If you go midweek in November the parks are virtually empty and you don't need to queue more than 5 minutes for any ride. Last year our trip included a Saturday and the difference in queue times was astounding. The run away train goes from being a 5 minute wait to a 2 hour wait so if you can travel outside of the weekends then its well worth it. Its so much more fun when you can just run from one ride to another without having to queue and reduces the stress levels dramatically.

On our trip this time we ate out twice in the Garden Plaza resturant at the end of Main Street. For 20 euros each you get an all you can eat buffet which includes a salad bar, cold meats, various hot meals and a great choice of deserts (including the best chocolate brownies I have ever eaten). You can also get a carafe of wine here for just 6 euros (contains 4 glasses of wine). So much cheaper than paying over 20 euros for a bottle of wine. This restuarant may not be a great choice for young children, especially if they are fussy as a childs meal is 10 euros which is expensive if they just end up eating chips, but for adults its a good option and very good value."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of November 2005

A bit average

"We stayed here for two nights. Only a very short walk from the train station so the shuttle seemed a bit redundant unless you had a lot of very bulky unwieldy luggage or small children. The hotel was generally a nice hotel - not shabby but not luxurious. The rooms were spacious and fairly comfortable and clean. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. One problem we did encounter was the noise late at night and early in the morning with both children and adults running up and down corridors and banging doors. Not so helpful if you are trying to sleep....

Breakfast was not the best. There was a very large queue on the first day. A lack of larger tables meant that many of the families and groups in front of us had a very long wait. As we were just two, we were able to skip the queue and sit immediately. This was something that often happened throughout our stay as it would seem that two people can be more easily accomodated than large groups. Prices in the bar are also somewhat laughable....5 Euros for a beer is ridiculous.

Overall, it was a pleasant enough hotel and we got a great deal on our room. However, for the general prices listed, I think this hotel was probably a bit too average to be worth the money. At a reasonable price, it is a nice clean hotel close to the parks but I would certainly not call it luxurious."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of November 2005

Great hotel at Paris Disneyland

"My 18 year old daughter and I stayed at the Hotel New York for 3 nights during our 10 day Paris trip in October 2005. We originally booked our 3 nights at the Santa Fe hotel but upgraded to the Hotel New York based on negative reviews on the Santa Fe. It was more then I wanted to pay but I do think the upgrade was well worth it. Our stay at Hotel New York was wonderful and in a great location. We could walk to both parks, Disney Village and the metro very easily. The hotel was very clean, staff friendly and helpful and the daily breakfast (included) was exceptional. It was more then I usually spend for a hotel but it was worth it due to its location, breakfast and cleanliness. The Disney bus from the airport also worked out great with no problems. It was also very easy to walk to the metro upon check out and hop onto the train to go into Paris for the rest of our vacation. The Hotel New York is a great choice!"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of November 2005

What no Ice Rink?

"We stayed here for 5 nights during half term week.

We booked this hotel as we wanted something slightly better than the Santa Fe we had stayed in before. The main advantages were it was close to the Disney Village and Park to be able to walk with small children, breakfast was far more civilised and not the mad scramble, and the other clincher for this one was there was supposed to be an ice rink. At least that is what the brochure said. It was there, it was slightly icy at night but water by day - so a slight dissapointment.

The hotel overall was good and clean the room was pleasant enough. Some of the furniture (which I realise is themed) had very prominent corners - just right for damaging heads/eyes of unwary children - be on your guard.

The good things about the hotel:
* Clean room (Gramecy Park block)
* The characters in an organised fashion in the lobby
* The ordely relaxed breakfast and choice of restaurants - (but if there was a conference on you could end up in a big conference breakfast room).
* Proximity to the park/village
* Friendliness of the staff - esp. helpfulness of concierge
* Hotel fastpass tickets

Bad points:
* Noisy at night (although we were on a low floor, overlooking the ice rink/hotel entrance at the rear)
* Slightly hazardous furniture

I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again if going to Disney. It is expensive but then so is the rest of Disney.

I would also recommend the 'The Steakhouse' restaurant in the Disney Village, good food, good atmosphere.

Ta."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2005

Outclassed the Parks Service

Good

"I have to say, What a wonderful experience! The hotel was brilliant!

It was clean, the food was great.

The Disco Nights where the Characters came to the foyer, very entertaining.

The hotel far exceeded the service received from the park. It is a shame that the park was not as focussed on delivering the same high level of customer service as that of the hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of September 2005

Great Place to Stay

"We stayed here when we visited Disneyland in Paris. Great hotel, clean and tidy, very spacious, food was ok, about 2 minutes from the Disney land Park. Would definately stay here again"

• Travel date: Wed 21st of September 2005

Lovely hotel and within walking distance to all the parks

"We stayed at the New York hotel this September for a weekend. It is walking distance from the Train Station which is very convienent if you are taking the Eurostar. And walking distance (400 m) to the parks and the disney village is just on the doorstep. The rooms are large modern and the bathrooms are well kept. The hotel has a newyork theme running through it.
At breakfast you get to meet the Disney characters we met Mickey on Saturday and Minnie on Sunday.
Overall its a great hotel great facilities lovely breakfast and a very enjoyable stay."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of September 2005

Holiday

"This is a very sad & dated hotel. Needs an update furniture is all scratched & looks tired . I had a leak in my bathroom & fell on the floor & nobody even cared when I complained . Terrible customer service . Also very noisy at night outside our window. When booked was told I had a lake view well you could hardly see the lake just a lot of trees when complained was told its a lake view with a garden well I guess I got stitched up I would just say to everyone be careful when booking. "

• Travel date: Wed 15th of June 2016

Blood on bedding, dis-interested staff, poor communication

"On entering the room I found blood on the bedding, I was advised as it had been washed it was perfectly safe to sleep in. Staff totally uninterested. Definitely not a 4 Star hotel. "

• Travel date: Mon 12th of May 2014

Hotels near Disney's Hotel New York

Stayed at Disney's Hotel New York? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Disney's Hotel New York

• vontabago by vontabago

"not as good as florida "

• Pauline S by Pauline S

"Don't expect too much . Would say 2 star not 4 premier inns are nicer. "

• suzanne r by suzanne r

"Update Hygiene policies, Update customer service, Update communication skills. "

• Isabel55 by Isabel55

"Not to stay at the Hotel New York if they want a hotel with a pool - it isn't safe. "

• "Loved Annettes diner "

Disney's Hotel New York is also called