About Best Western Hotel Grand Parc

• romanian amenities

Good

Did someone die?

Reviewed Wed 17th of August 2011

"This must be the worst hotel we have ever stayed in.

From the moment we walked through the door, until the morning we packed our bags and left the hotel staff couldnt have been less helpful, happy, polite or interested in providing us with good quality service (in my humble opinion).

They had this rule about no food or drink in the hotel room (you're "sanctioned" if you disobey); failed to provide the basic tea or coffee facilities in the room; looked at us for about 10 minutes before being bothered to serve us at the bar; and generally engaged with us in a "I really have better things to do today than help you, a full paying guest" type attitude.

They did have a "swimming pool" (more like an outside hot tub), but it seems to be only cleaned when they decide guests can use it. I'm guessing that because it was filthy the whole time we were there (see the pic), and when we complained we were told that the outside temperature (22 degrees centrigade) made it too cold for use.

Perhaps there was a death in the family before we arrived, because they had faces like pall bearers during our entire stay! Maybe if we had arrived in coffins we would have felt more welcome?

If you like depressing atmospheres, daft rules, and services which fit around the staff this is the place for you.

Me, I'll sleep on a park bench next time. You can eat and drink there whenever you wish.

• Travel date: Wed 10th of August 2011

NEVER GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!

Reviewed Fri 12th of December 2008

"TO THE PEOPLE OUT HERE WHO WANT TO GO TO THIS HOTEL, I AM TELLING YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY 100%.
I went here in June with my friends with the school and i was looking forward to getting a good night sleep after being on a couch for 12 hours,but I got the complete oppisite!!!! We went to our rooms and it was sooooo hot it was like a sauna, when we tried the air cointiner it didnt work so for 2 night we were sweating;and we were sticky and it really did wreck the trip.
Secondly,In all our friends rooms which was about 20 rooms, there is a bunk bed and if you are planning on hurting your neck thats find, in ever rooms the bar that keeps you from falling had broke in ever room, so 1 in 4 of us that 1 boy or girl had to sleep on the floor for 2 nights.Then the food there was horrible, no one eat there food and for breakfast we had bread with no butter so no one eat that day either.

Then we got told that in the room facing us that our friends I-POD went missing and one of our teachers towels had been taken and then one of the pupils also her shoes just went missing, but the next day we found the shoe but the MAID was wearing her shoes !!!!! so we had to ask the woman to give her shoes back,but she did.Our teachers never got the towel back and my friend never got her I-POD back.Also in the room facing us the was 2 circles of blood on the floor and we saw it and it was horrible we dont no why the maids wont do anything about it.When we left,I was sooo happy and I got into my bed and I said to myself "I love you bed" because the beds well were just dirty and horrible.

WELL I DO HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND HOW BAD THIS PLACE IS, SO TAKE MY ADVICE PLEASE DONT GO THERE !!!!!!!! AND THIS HOTEL IS NOT EVEN A 1 STAR HOTEL I WONT GIVE THEM 0 BECAUSE IT JUST UNPLAESENT."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of December 2008

Our holiday was for 2 adults and 3 child...

Reviewed Fri 13th of January 2006

"Our holiday was for 2 adults and 3 children.
The hotel was chosen as a cheaper option to the Disney ones.
We had Bed and Breakfast as part of our Disney package.

The room was small as we were all crammed inside - however this avoided booking 2 rooms which was preferable when you have little ones on tow.
The door was loose on the wardrobe but we were so tired I couldn't be bothered to complain - and I could not think of how to say " loose " in French.

The breakfast consisted of - tea, coffee, hot chocolate, orange juice, plain croissants, pain au chocolat, bread rolls, butter, jam / marmalade, hard boiled eggs, sliced ham and emmenthal cheese, set yoghurts, fruit cocktail in juice, coco pops, rice krispies, golden nuggets and cornflakes.

Yummo - We told the kids to eat as much as they could as we had paid for it !!!!!!!
And they did - I had 3 croissants, 3 mugs of Hot Choc, a bowl of cereal and 2 yoghurts.

Well when you're in holiday mode!!
One thing we found a bit weird was that the milk set out for the cereal was WARM. This made the cereal soggy in super quick time and upset my son slightly but maybe its a French thing ????

This more than generous breakfast made up for the small room which we only really slept and showered in.

The rest of our time was in the Disney Parks - Which was why we had gone in the first place.

I would recommend this hotel as a cheap option if you have small kids.
Not for the surrounding village but for its close proximity to Disney."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of January 2006

Hotel appearance initially, clean and ti...

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2005

"Hotel appearance initially, clean and tidy. Check in, very helpful. Room, double bed and one single, very very cramped and claustrophobic, bathroom barely adequate. Swimming pool, non-existent, more like an outdoor plunge pool. Very difficult to find in the first place. NOT Recommended."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

The trip started really badly as the wea...

Reviewed Fri 30th of April 2004

"The trip started really badly as the weather at Dover was rough so the hovercraft was cancelled, Things didn’t ease up so we were transferred to a Sea Cat. The queue was huge as everyone else had been transferred too. We arrived in Calais to a very rude customs official demanding to search the car (not just ours everybody’s cars).

The toll roads were fantastic, so easy to drive on however you need to read the lane signs as at some checkpoints you can only pay by credit card. We reached Northern Paris just in time for the rush hour where we could have parked up and slept we were stuck for so long, almost 3 hours of stop start across 10km. We finally arrived at the hotel after getting lost as the village isn't actually marked up at the junction.

The hotel car park was at the back of the grounds and you have to take almost an immediate right to get in - A turning which destroyed our rear quarter panel as it was too tight and the main gate stuck out.

In the hotel we were greeted by a lovely lady who took the effort to show us up to our room. Once inside our room we were dumbstruck. It was supposed to be a 3* double room with ensuite. We had a foam divan with mattress on top, and sheets that had definitely seen better days. Also in the room was a set of bunk beds, this in itself wasn’t a real problem although it did limit the space. We were left with - wall-bunk bed-bedside table-double bed-bedside table-wall. At the foot of the bed was a desk without large TV (14") with satellite channels (German MTV).

Our room was incredibly clean there was no way we could fault that, our sheets were changed every day and as were the fluffy white towels. The bathroom was of a better standard than the bedroom.

We went downstairs for dinner (it was by now around 8pm) only to be told by a very stroppy Maitre d that despite the fact we were residents and the restaurant was empty we could not eat there as we hadn’t booked. The restaurants closing time was not until 1030pm and the wouldn’t allow us to book for that evening at all. Further to this we were told we would have to go and find something to eat elsewhere as there is no food allowed in the bedrooms. This confused us as in the pamphlet sent to us by the travel agency the photo had been staged with a bowl of fruit on the side and a breakfast tray (pastries, coffee, cereal & juice) laid out on the bedside table. Our dinner that evening was cold Herta hotdogs and warm beer bought from the poky local shop. We wandered around the locality which took all of 5 minutes to find the shop around 30 houses and a couple of factory/office units.

We arrived downstairs at 9am for our breakfast which was served 730 till 930. It was a continental spread or at least it had been. All pastries had gone as had the cereal and fresh fruit which left us with cheese slices and set yoghurt. We asked if there was anything else available only to be told no we should have gotten up earlier.

Our holiday included a 3 day pass to Disneyland and the new Studio Park. We decided to try the studio first so we paid our euros to park and off we went. We struggled at the turnstile only to find we had been supplied with the wrong tickets ours were for Disneyland only. We went and enjoyed our day.

We had the foresight that morning to book to eat in the hotel restaurant and went down for dinner. Supposedly the chef had a 4* standard but it was disgusting we left after tasting the main course and our dinner ended up being crusty rolls and processed cheese again from the local shop.

By Sunday we had had enough we drove up and down the local roads through goodness knows how many towns and up and down the motorway till we found a place like a little chef. It was fantastic the food was freshly cooked and wasn’t expensive. It was just plain food but was so well cooked it was worth going back there just for a decent meal.

All across the trip we had been trying to speak to the travel agents office which was in one of the Disney hotel offices but we couldn’t find it and no-one wanted to answer the phone. It was a complete nightmare from start to finish. The only good thing about the holiday was that the hotel was clean."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of April 2004

Hotels near Best Western Hotel Grand Parc

Top traveller tips for Best Western Hotel Grand Parc

• fraidofthedark by fraidofthedark

"A training course for staff on customer service. "

Best Western Hotel Grand Parc is also called