Nice View

Fab Fab Fab Holiday

Reviewed 14th September 2012

"We've just had the most fantastic holiday in the Vrissiana, when we arrived the hotel was very clean, bright and very elegent. The reception staff were so nice and helpful we new we were in for a good holiday. the bedrooms are large, huge comfortable bed and the decor is very tasteful. The food suited us very well as their was so much choice, breakfast lunch and dinner were all really good with huge portions if required. the staff were really friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is situated in the middle of Protaras with bars shops and supermarkets all around and to make it the best Hotel it's right on the beach, what more could you ask for. there is a walkway right by the Hotel where you can have a nice walk along the sea for about 1 1/2 miles and is kept very clean and tidy everyday, it's a great place for all, young and old. The pool area is surrounded by lovely comfortable beds and umberellas, some with curtains around. It is so nice we are going next year and probably the year after that. When we were there there were several weddings, all the families said it was well organised and could not fault the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anybody."

• Travel date: 14th September 2012

take your earplugs

Reviewed 28th March 2012

"Have read all the reviews and for those who are lucky enough to have a room down the sea/pool end of the hotel you would have had a lovely time. For those who are located the high street/bar end it's a complete nightmare. Considering we all spend our hard earned cash for some R&R it would be lovely to sleep without booming music. Weekends are always invaded by locals so grab a sunbed quickly. After taking my bedding down to reception and threatening to sleep there, they agreed to move us. It's all about raking in the cash from locals. "

• Travel date: 27th March 2012

bliss

Reviewed 18th October 2010

"this hgotel has got everything, situation is great, staff are only there to please you, couldnt manage the lunches, there's so much of it, and the evening meal, what a choice ! the only drawback is the music of a night coming from the main road, there seems to be a competition every nightcoming from two bars as to who can sing or play music the loudest, but once you have closed the double patio doors is makes it a little quieter. By the way the rooms are of a good proportion, nether the less would go back again like a shot."

• Travel date: 18th October 2010

excellent

Reviewed 5th October 2010

"just returned home from the excellent vrissiana beach hotel in protaras.we were a little worried before we went as some of the previous reviews were so bad.but all i can say is we had no complaints the whole week we were there.yes there is a little noise until 1am but when the patio door closed you do not here it.we stayed in room 320. from the moment we got there we hed excellent service, from reception,waiters and cleaners[helena made us smile every day thanyou]cant wait to go back."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2010

Protaras,Cyprus great holiday,lovely hotel.

Reviewed 27th May 2010

"We recently stayed in Proraras at the Vrissiana Hotel In Cyprus, May 09- May 19, 2010. The standard of the hotel was excellent, the facilities were great and as exactly described in the Holiday brochure. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, paying great attention to detail. The restaurant was a buffet service, providing something for everyone, and featured international Food theme nights, one night Greek, next night Chinese, and so on. The standard of the entertainment was ok, although there are many entertainers performing Nearby in the various pubs and clubs. The ghetto bar seemed to be most popular. Cheers bar was a nice place to go for lunch and the staff were very nice people. The accommodation was excellent to, and the rooms where of a high standard. If you intend to hire a car on holiday please DO NOT HIRE from Champion Car rental. Champion dealt with our party very badly and provided us with a very low sub standard service. Champion conveniently neglect to perform and sign off pre hire checks on your hire document. When you return the vehicle it’s a different scenario, they perform the vehicle checks more Vigorously not missing any small details and demand payment, resulting in you having to pay for damage to the vehicle caused by a previous hirer. Champion take advantage of people on holiday and exploit them, as you are not aware of your consumer rights in Cyprus. Even when feel you are backed into a corner by Champion and are forced to cover the Payment, due to small print to avoid any un necessary trouble on holiday. When requested they do not even produce a garage repair receipt as evidence to confirm the cost and where the repair was carried out. If you intend to hire a car make sure you have EDW insurance in addition to CDW, EDW covers damage to windows, tyres and oil sumps, CDW covers collision damage and is not full Comprehensive insurance. EDW was not offered to our party despite being detailed as a additional Optional insurance provided on Champions Web site. Please us an alternative more reliable and honest car rental company. "

• Travel date: 22nd May 2010

Good location great hotel

Reviewed 13th May 2010

"We were at the Vrissina for the celebration of my sons 21st birthday celebration. The staff were all most helpful and friendly, the public areas and our rooms were spotlessly clean. I enjoyed having a chilled drink whilst overlooking the pool at night. We were A/I for our stay the breakfast was great every morning, Lunch was best cooked fresh and brought to you're table, Dinner was great with a good selection of soup salads and hot food, choices themed thoughout the week, ( I think 1/2 board can choose between lunch or evening meal). At Dinner on my sons birthday the staff managed to seat all 21 of us together and brought a special birthday cake whilst singing happy birthday. Just look at the photos on the website http://www.vrissiana.com/ it realy is that nice. One word of advice Avoid the Ghetto Bar accross the road from hotel, one young lady in our party had her drink spiked thankfully spotted by an alert relative so no harm done . "

• Travel date: 12th May 2010

Simply Fantastic Paradise

Reviewed 4th November 2010

"After reading some of these reviews I must reply to them. I first stayed at the Vrissianna the year it reopened and since have been 5 times and am going again June 2010. Reason been the country resort the hotel and the people of Cyprus are fantastic. I have had 10 holidays in Cyprus and not one bad experience. DONOT LISTEN TO BAD REVIEWS OF VRISSIANNA The hotel is amazing cool funky trendy upto date decor and stunning. In the middle of resort leading directly on to the beach with stunning views. The rooms are simply beautiful. The hotel is cleaned day and night to the highest of standards, as is the pool area. Around the pool is fantastic big sofas and hammocks bean bags very funky. The Staff are great they always have a smile and never a rude word, they cannot do enough for you nothing is too much trouble and they become friends by the end of your stay, to the extent when we have returned they always remember us. I have stayed with my son and partner, just me and my partner and me and 5 girl friends have stayed all having the best of times. As for the local people and weekends I am 45 and have never had a bad experience while at the hotel. Whats wrong with local people enjoying there time off is that what we are not doing too. The atmosphere the weather and music is great what more could you want on a sunday sun sand good drink and funky music FANTASTIC. As for niose in the evening in 5 stays in two years I havent had a sleepless night. Yes there are bars outside and yes the music plays but not to the extent you cannot sleep, Its great music Go on holiday to have fun and relax and sun well all I can say IF YOU WANT THE BEST GET TO THE BEST VRISSIANNA BEACH HOTEL PROTARAS "

• Travel date: 30th March 2010

Best Of Protaras

Reviewed 25th September 2009

"Just got back from a two week stay at the vrissiana hotel, which was great. Protaras is a fantastic resort, the beach is amazing and has a good selection of water sports. Ideal for familes and couples of all ages. This was our second visit to Protaras and I wouldnt hesitate returning to this hotel again, I would recommend this hotel"

• Travel date: 25th September 2009

Beware of Locals

Reviewed 7th July 2009

"Vrissiana Hotel is beautiful - very modern and clean. Spent two weeks there and wanted to cme home at end of first week. Extremely noisy at night and music? so loud it vibrated on the floor and made the glass door rattle. Weekends were a nightmare with locals invading the hotel from three directions. They took over every facility - our towels and belongings were chucked on the floor and sunbeds taken over - even the parasol got moved. When I say we were invaded I mean invaded - not just a few no exaggeration there were hundreds and they were very rude. Standing room was the order of the weekend in the pool - thats if you could manage to get in what with all the bodies sitting on the edge and standing in the pool drinking. Staff at the hotel just shrugged when everyone who was a paying guest went to Reception to complain obviously they were making a lot of money from the drinks being sold at the bar and cared not a fig for their paying guests. We went for two weeks chill-out after six months of a lot of hassle - we came back absolutely knackered after having the maximum of four hours sleep per night. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone beautiful as it is - they need to get their act together if they want guests to return. Their security is naff - anything could have happened, their drinks are too expensive - thats if you could get any. Perhaps they should bar paying guests and rely on the locals to keep them going. I have gtiven a rating of 3 and to be honest the 3 is for the waiters, cleaners who do an excellent job, and the rooms. "

• Travel date: 5th July 2009

i liked it

Reviewed 30th June 2009

"arrived back last week (half board)- the hotel staff and food has improved from last year 99% - my usual complaint the hotel becomes a 18-30's venue at the weekends ( I am female 60+) but I knew that when I booked again for this year that would be the case - and expected the invasion of the beautiful people - the beaches at the weekends are now far too busy with the bat and ball brigade everywhere and yes I agree that the resort has now become somewhat tatty looking and is very noisy and expensive - bar prices in the Vrissiana were extrodinary high - we would have been happy to spend several hours on the veranda each evening - drinking and enjoying the views but not at those prices - its also amazing that the bars by the vrissiana have no problems from the police - (noise wise) but up at the top end of town they are harrased by the local police nightly from 9am onwards? please stop the invasion from outsiders using my facilities and space for free - I have had to pay for this - other hotels are managing this intrusion and you should also let your clients know you have done this so they will return again - other than that the holiday at the Vrissiana was very pleasant - thank you "

• Travel date: 29th June 2009

No sleep here

Reviewed 25th June 2009

"Just got back from 14 nights of hell. We went to my neices wedding at this hotel and feel so strongly about the resort I have subimitted this. Ok so I'm in my mid 50's and have come to expect certain standards. This '****' hotel is actualy quite nice. The decor is good, the rooms are clean and spacious. The food was ok but became boring after a few nights of buffet food. Most things worked apart from only BBC World News available. However that doesn't matter because if you fancied a night in watching the box you can't hear it from the incessant racket of dance music from 3 nearby bars. These go on until as late as 3 in the morning. Ironically the hotel is the owner of one them. Protaras is like Blackpool gone bad, tacky, expensive and horrendously noisy. I suspect the hotel chain are embarassed as they offered free upgrades, (all inclusive), to other hotels in the chain as a special offer. We couldn't take advantage of this however because of the wedding. Weekends at this hotel are highjacked by the local Cypriots who turn the hotel into a gridlocked traffic jam, and take over the facilities we had paid for. Altogether a horrible experience. We will not be returning. Poor old Vrissiana, horrible let down by the resort."

• Travel date: 25th June 2009

Weekend Madness

Reviewed 18th June 2009

"Just got back from a week in the Vrissiana and in the brochures it looks amazing, in reality superficial make over has tidied up a three star hotel to appear better than it really is. Staff were courteous, food was adequate, bar prices were on the steep side - 3.75 euros for a "large"( half litre) beer and 2.8 for a small bottle of sparkling water. Downside however, is the week end, when the locals invade the beach and hotel, with no attempt by the staff/management to protect the interests of the paying guests. They come into the hotel grounds, take sunbeds, (on the first day we arrived, we failed to get a bed to relax on), with the poolside bar area,completely catering for the locals and the music dedicated solely to Cypriot artists, which increased in volume as the numbers of locals increased. On speaking to the rep, she just said "it's the weekend". We also mentioned the the security aspect, which she had probably heard before and been powerless to improve. How can this hotel profess to be 4 star, when they allow this to happen. It is a perfect opportunity for the organised theif to mingle in and reap the rewards of relaxed people on holiday with their guards down, this must be stopped! So if you want a relaxing break close to the beach, go Monday to Friday but avoid weekends, when the locals and the "Bliss" bars ( just 50 yrds behind thehotel, on the "strip")music at earthquake volumes until 2am will take some sticking. Never again to the Vrissiana, or is it Misery - anna?"

• Travel date: 18th June 2009
  • ...

Hotels near Vrissiana Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Vrissiana Beach Hotel

• by Fabulous Holdiay

"relaxing with all the comforts"

• by dont go there

"Only book if you are deaf"

• by heaven

"just a wonderfull restfull holiday"

• by sinajreg

"Lovely resort and hotel, staff very helpful and nice"

• by Peter

"Look at the photos on www.vrissiana.com"

• by Beetee

"lLoads of music and kariaki bars - very noisy a bit like Blackpool on a bad day"

• by bushy

"turning into another Aya Napia fast "

• by ihateloudmusic

"Milo was good as was Andama. Cape Grecko is good for a picnic but windy. "

• by GREG P

"Food was average at best apart from Chi Chi's 1 word STUNNING"

• by slightly sad now

"Just walking along that glorious beach each day was therapeutic"

• by helenvb

"island affair steak house, nissotis(on beach) good restaurants."

• by geraldine B

"we go full board .go and see the little church on top of the hill.and go niccotis boat to lagoon"

• by geraldine B

"its a very friendly and beautifull place and the beach is lovely"

Vrissiana Beach Hotel is also called

• vrissiana boutique beach protaras
  • hotel vrissiana boutique beach