Sweet Memories

Protaras Road, Protaras, Paralimni 5310 Cyprus

Good

We had a great time here

"We stayed at Sweet Memories in June 2007 and had a great time. Our room was simple but really clean and we had a huge seperate bedroom and roomy lounge and kitchen. We found the pool always to be clean and there was a good atmosphere - you could totally relax and chill out.
We found the food served in the hotel was very reasonable and they have special offers - like steak night with a pint for a fiver which was good value.
The mini market in the hotel was quite good value too.
The restuarants along the road towards Protaras were good - especially the one with the parrot and the fish tanks with the big gold fish (can't remember the name)- we had great value food there a couple of nights and the portions were big and all home cooked.
If we were going back to Protaras we would def go back to Sweet Memories and would recommend it to other people."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of November 2007

James & Margaret Bangor NIreland Good place great friendly staff

"went to sweet memories with my husband & family my daughter soninlaw 2 grandsons son & his girl friend we had a ball yes the rooms were basic but we were happy & relexed. Made 2 good friends adrain & lisa they made my husbands birthday a great 1 they even bought him a birthday cake would have gone back this year but my hubby took sick grandsons were dissappointed. but hope to get next year if god spears. we still keep intouch with adrain & lisa by e-mail would recommend this place 2 any 1 sorry have no photo,s just got a new laptop have.nt put my photoe,s on to it yet"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2007

basic

"These apartments are basic, ok to put your head down at night but nothing else. the pool wasn't very clean and I never saw anyone cleaning it while we were staying there for one week. this is a 2 * hotel and expect nothing more, would I go back I would have to say no there are plenty more in protaras much nicer and maintained to a higher standard."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

Poor bar service and problems with ants

"We have stayed in Protaras on a number of occasions previously , and we have stayed in different hotels every time. The resort is great, especially Anatollia restaurant (not far from the hotel). However, this hotel was not as good as the others that we have stayed in. The hotel placed excessive amounts of food and drink (that was not needed) in your room, and placed a price list. Therefore, if you do not want anything, you have to take it back. We noticed that they left some of the food out (not a good idea when some of it is perishable). Also, we had problems with ants (we have never had problems like this before). Having arrived during the night, we went straight to sleep, only to awake the following morning covered in ants.These were all over the apartment and we had to spray the room every night. The attitude of the male barman at night (English bar man) was not professional, and he was quite rude on some occasions. We will return to Protaras, but not this accommodation."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of August 2007

beautiful hotel

"we hav just returned from a marvelous stay at sweet memorys hotl ,for a family of four the rooms were a good size we had a ground floor apt ,right at the pool we have stayed in cyprus on numeerous occasions and this has to be among th best air con is a must and as they stock the fridge for you arriving is a lovely touch,try shenanigans restaurant just turn left outside hotel and 500 yards on right ,a must"

• Travel date: Thu 26th of July 2007

Don't let the name put you off ...!

"A last minute decision against the good old British weather saw us booking an AOA in Cyprus. Having been to Cyprus on a number of occasions we were happy to take an allocation on arrival as the standards of Cypriot hotels is, in our opinion, far superior to much in the Med.

When we arrived at Larnaca airport our tour rep said you'll be in Protaras. We were delighted as we were hoping that this is where we might be allocated. However, my heart sank when she said Sweet Memories S/C Apts. I thought we were on our way to Hotel Paradiso Mk 2 !! But much to my surprise the apartments were beyond my initial expectations. The rooms were, needless to say, basic by many standards, but enormous and regularly cleaned by the hotel staff. The hotel staff even stock your fridge and cupboards with basics, which you have the option to use (and pay for of course) or to return should you not require them!. We though tthis was a nice touch by the owners and v welcome arriving late at night and needing a good old cuppa !! We had 2 balconies, which meant you could catch the sun at any time of day. I knew things were going to be ok when checking into reception and finding we had been allocated a 4th floor apartment (with a 5 year old!) I asked if there was any possibility of a move to a lower floor. In a trice, she'd rejiggled the bookings and had us right next to the pool in a ground floor apartment! How about that for customer service!

The pool and surrounding area were cleaned daily and there were ample sunbeds without the need (as most Brits do) to cover them with towels ... The bar was pleasant and offered happy hours twice a week with entertainment 2-3 times a week. Although against my better judgement we did go to the Drag night which I was a bit worried about with a youngster but the entertainer was v good in keeping his language clean for the kiddies - and he was absolutely hilarious, with most of the 'blue' comments being way above the kids heads' - don't be like me and think it would be very 90's - it was really, really funny.
Food was good and slightly cheaper than other Cypriot eateries.

Close by is an excellent waterpark for youngsters (not the colossus out by Nissi Beach - which is fab but really aimed at 9 years and upwards I would say - and is expensive). This little gem cost us 20 Cyp £ for the day for 3 of us and unlike the big park they didn't check through your bags for food and water although there is a nice restaurant on site at which we ate.

It's about 10 mins stroll into the main town of Protaras and unlike ayia Napa which is infested with English kids encouraging you to enter bars around the Square area, the Strip in Protaras is much more friendly and family orientated. Try Flinstones Bar for the youngsters or the Sfinx (they're spelling not mine!) where kids are catered for with adventure playgrounds and bouncy castles.

Fig Tree Bay is a 45 minute hike so be warned ! Albeit it's worth it when you get there - if not a little packed. Well worth a visit though - watch out for the 'gestapo-like' sunbed attendants - they'll spot you at 90 paces amongst '000s of other sunbathers -
just to get there 2.50 CY£ for the bed !!! This guy was the most brusque cypriot I've ever encountered !!

All in all, a great break away (well it was certainly better than the intended caravan trip to Newquay) and without exception I couldn't fault a thing and would def return again !

Happy holidays !"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

Sweet Memories says it all !!

"Stayed with my wife and parents and had a wonderful time. The rooms are basic but clean and well maintained. My wife visited Sweet Memories as part of a Travel Agents educational tour two years ago and was so impressed by the friendliness of the staff and manager. This has not changed and I feel this is what makes the stay most enjoyable. Lisa and Aiden who work the bar at night are wonderful hosts and make you feel welcome from the first time you sit at the bar.

There is a small shop near reception and plenty of supermarkets very near by. There is also a new off licence just opened across the road which is great for buying all the items your family and friends ask you to get.

There is a pleasant 10 minute walk to the main strip in Protaras where there is an abundance of bars and reasonably priced restaurants. However I would recommend Super S for good quality inexpensive food and Shenanigan’s Steak House, they are both on the walk towards the strip."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of May 2007

A lovely hotel

"we stayed at this hotel few years ago , it is walking distance from all the shops, bars and restuarants also i remember a small water park behind the hotel whaich was bril. The apartment i shared with my mate, my son who was about 15 then ( he's 19 now )and his mate was a good size, we had plenty room. The staff were all bril and so friendly. I remember the chinese restuarant opposite the hotel which we had a wonderful meal .
The hotel is right next to everything as i said but not right next to the noise.
But the best thing about this hotel was the the Manager/owner who was so sexy looking we all lushed after him at the time, my mates and sister were jealous i got a kiss goodbye ( only a peck) wow.
wonder if he still has the hotel"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of March 2007

Definately sweet memories for all the family

"My two sons aged 15 and 18, my husband and myself stayed here for 2 weeks in Aug 06. It is about a 5 min walk to the main pedestrian strip in Protaras with lots of cafes and entertainment along the way. The staff were very friendly, pool was checked regularly and the apartment was very good. There were items of food which you could either keep and purchase or take back to reception in the room, which went down well. Although there is a supermarket directly opposite the hotel. During our stay we met a lot of holiday makers who come every year which is a good indication that it is popular and well liked. Book through olympic or libra holidays. My sons had the best holiday eva, as they put it and enjoyed the night life and bars of Protaras."

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of January 2007

Cyprus Delight

"Accomodation was clean and practical with rooms spread nicely around the pool. Small supermarket in the building (and another across the road). Pool bar open early until late serving good food (all-day breakfast particularly good value) and cheap drinks. Bars and restaurants virtually next door. Protaras centre with lots more bars and restaurants abou 5-10 minute walk away but the prices go up. Fig Tree Bay is about 15 minute walk away and has nice sandy beach.

Possible downside - there is a lift in only one of the blocks."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

dont waste your money

"If you book early and get a bargain you might consider these a good deal but if you pay the full price and expect quality and comfort forget it. The studio apartments are badly in need of a revamp.The beds are uncomfortable and the the pillows lumpy. The plumbing in our studio apartment was rubbish,it was obvious they were not checked on a regular basis. If you are going to book ask for the larger apartments which we were told had been refurbished and book late for a bargain. People we talked too had paid half of the amount we paid by booking late.

• Travel date: Fri 12th of June 2015

our lovely holiday in sweet memories

Good

"We have been to the sweet memories apartments 4 times now, everyone is helpful , friendly, good food and lots of laughs.the apartments are clean , charlie, Tina and the others were great, nice stroll in the evenings to a bar or restaurant, all very well priced, or if you have had a long hot day you could always in order from the kitchen and chill out on the balcony.looking forward to return in September 2015."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of March 2015

Hotels near Sweet Memories

Stayed at Sweet Memories? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Sweet Memories

• Elena Trevethick by Elena Trevethick

"Perfect weather for getting an amazing tan. "

• Elena Trevethick by Elena Trevethick

"Up on the hill with the little chapel. "

• W Fox by W Fox

"anatolia restaurant just along the road towards the strip and konnos beach ( 10 minutes by car ) "

• Luke & Lorna by Luke & Lorna

"Best part of the island of Cyprus "

• Luke & Lorna by Luke & Lorna

"Red Indian American Diner, Rocks & La Strada Italian "

• sueoak999 by sueoak999

"This was our 2nd visit to Protaras and it is lovely especially with the new beach front pathway "

• angexx by angexx

"my fav beach is the one with mikes water sports, so clear "

• Localman by Localman

"Good for Sun ,water sports snorkeling and clubbing. "

• kt170496 by kt170496

"Super S Restaurant the small Church on the Hill the views are great "

• DENISE PRIESTLEY by DENISE PRIESTLEY

"super, locals are freindley "

• DENISE PRIESTLEY by DENISE PRIESTLEY

"cafe on corner going right out of reception. "

• Pod by Pod

"Not to be missed.....Treat yourself. "

• cockroach by cockroach

"quiet dirty but has got some night life and the water sports at the beach are great value for money "

• charlotte by charlotte

"Don't Go to sweet memories "

• fixit by fixit

"great place for family hollidays "

• Trevor H by Trevor H

"relax and chill out in this lovely apartment , hop on a bus and look around the island. "

• old codger by old codger

"book late and book refurbished apartments not the studios "

Sweet Memories is also called