smartline Lantiana Gardens

Protaras Cavo Greco Avenue 435, Protaras, Paralimni 5311 Cyprus

it was great

"it was great,the apartments were closing for the end of the season and we had the run of the place. we were pleased with the holiday but we found it to be a bit of a battle to find any good places to eat. when all the menus are all the same in the resort my kids found mcdonalds a welcome change,but as i say the lanatiana gardens was great."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of July 2007

More like a youth hostel...

"We have just returned from holiday today, having stayed at the Lantiana Gardens in Cyprus - what a big mistake!

If you like any sort of luxury, do not stay here!

If you are allocated room 104, you will be showering in a 2ft by 2ft shower with no shower tray! The sink is so small that by the time you have washed your face, you will have flooded the bathroom! There is no bath tub in this room but they don't tell you this.

We complained as soon as we got to the room, having seen the bathroom. They said that they were sorry and they could not move us until sunday - which meant we had to stay in the 'room from hell' for 4 nights.

The rooms are clean but very basic. The beds are really uncomfortable, you can feel the springs dig into your back. The insulation is very very poor. You can hear absolutely everything in the room, whether it's people talking in the corridor, the room next door, or outside. Privacy is non-existent.

We are attempting to get compensation from Airtours as we speant 4 nights in a room with no bath, which as a result caused great inconvenience.

There are plenty of nicer hotels/apartments in the area and closer to the beach/main strip. Don't be fooled by the other reviews - don't waste your money on the Lantiana."

• Travel date: Wed 20th of June 2007

Lantiana Gardens Hotel Apartments

Good

"Not alot more I can say about the Lantiana Gardens that the other reviews have said,Clean,great pool,frindly staff,good food.4 of us stayed from 27 may 07 for 1 week, plenty of room in the apartment, all have air conditioning,tv,microwave,cooker etc. 3 min walk to fig tree bay,bus to a Ayia Napa cost 80c or a taxi cost £8 cyp. The viewing point is worth a trip to, we got a taxi £16 cyp return and the taxi driver gave a histor talk on the way give him a ring (00357) 99 60 51 90 his name is Renos. A great trip you can book via the rep is Troodos Jeep Safari,you visit a camel park,waterfalls, troodos mountains and wine tasting some off road routes are taken and the drivers are great,one was called George Micheal check out his ID. Will go back again soon..."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of June 2007

What a fantastic holiday!

"We came back from Protaras and the Lantiana last week and already we want to go back! The apartments were spotless, maid service every day, bar one, and sheets and towels changed approx 3-4 times whilst we were there. The rooms are all fully equipped with fridge, hob, kettle, toaster, microwave, even a hairdryer in the bedroom. The rooms were spacious and both the living room and bedroom had air conditioning units, which is great because there's nothing worse than being hot and sticky on a night while you're trying to sleep.

We went on a girls holiday, three of us in our early 20's, so we didn't spend much time in the hotel on an evening as we preferred to go to the bars etc. Although there was entertainment on most nights at the hotel and note's were slipped under the door telling us of the evenings entertainment and menu, which was a nice touch.

We would definately recommend the Love Boat bar for entertainment (nice waiters too!), although the Drag act and hypnotist show may not be suitable for young children as it tends to be geared towards adults.
My friend was hypnotised and I was a bit dismissive of it until I saw her get up and do it... she had absolutely no clue as to what she'd been doing! Don't volunteer if you're easily embarrased, ha ha.
There were plenty of other bars and restaurants too, too many to name, although the 'Friends Bar' did excellent cocktails and it was nice to sit in there on an afternoon if you want to get out of the sun. The steak house opposite the love boat was very good as was the Chinese, which was to the right and along as you come onto the main street.
The beach was literally a two minute walk away , across the road and round the corner, and it was beautiful.... golden sand and crystal clear waters, plenty of watersports too if you fancied it. The beach and resort are situated out of the back entrance of the hotel, past the bar and pool, look out for the lizards on the rocks.

There was plenty there for families and couples too, plenty of shops and activities, some of the bars/restaurants had play areas for children, it was not too busy either at the time we went, no noise or trouble.
There were a couple of clubs about a ten minute walk away, which were far enough away not to cause any problems. I would recommend Boogie's nightclub if that's your thing, it's approximately a ten minute walk away, to the left as you come out onto the strip.
Overall we had an excellent time in Protaras and the Lantiana. So much so that we are booking to go again next May, can't wait!"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

fantastic holiday

"I have just returned from the lantiana gardens hotel in protarus cyprus after one of the best weeks holidays i have had. My mother , sister and I go away in may every year for a week and thias is our first time in cyprus. I will definitely be going back.

The Hotel was absolutely spotless with the sheets and towels changed every day. The room was air conditioned and had the best fully equiped self catering kitchen that i have ever seen.

The bathroom was spacious and had a very strong shower with constant hot water which again is not always the case on holiday.

The staff at the hotel could not have been friendlier and were always so pleasant without being over powering. The Bar staff and breakfast staff were also very nice {hello Petrie from Bulgaria} always smiling.

Because it was the start of the season it was not that busy but we had a great night with the hypnotist J C it was really good. We also had a great bbq and other good entertainment.

The pool was really nice and good that it was the same depth all round especially for my mum who is a bit nervous in the water.

The beach which is two minutes walk is also beautiful with crystal clear waters and plenty water sports. We hired a speed boat one day [self drive] which was great and a glass bottom boat another day.

All in all we had a great time and protarus is a great place to stay and i would recommend the Lantiana. Thanx"

• Travel date: Sat 26th of May 2007

Friendly staff, not sure about the location

"Everything about the Lantiana Gardens was great apart from the noise and location. The apartments were clean but because the doors had gaps in them they didn't feel secure and let loads of noise in (and I'm pretty tolerant). The staff were brilliant - extremely friendly and obliging.I 'm not sure the description of being 200 metres away from the beach is entirely accurate though.

To get the shortest route you have to go down a jitty at the side of wasteground. Okay, it isn't far but at night with two women on their own it is very unnerving and not very well lit.

That being said, Protaras and all the people there went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The area was great and the beach was fabulous. This really prompted the overall rating of above average."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of May 2007

Brilliant!!!!

Good

"We stayed at the Lantiana in September and it was one of the best holidays we have been on. I travelled with my husband, sister brother (15years old) and my daughter (1 year old). The apartment was very clean and spacious. The staff were lovely especailly Maria. Outside of the hotel - the bars and restaraunts all cater for families. Most of them had play areas next to the eating areas so you could relax and the children have fun at the same time. You need to try the B52 as all drinks are £1.00!!! Its a good place to start at night., Over all it was fantastic and we will be going back as soon as possible"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of March 2007

Best Holiday ever

Good

"We stayed here for a week last MAY, it was so good we've
booked for TWO weeks this MAY, you can't say better than that.
Something for eveyone friendly staff, great location, can't wait
to go back."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of February 2007

good hotel

Good

"the lantiana gardens aparthotel is a must for everybody, exceptionally clean hotel (ideal for families wiv small children and babies) pool area is very clean and tidy it also has a separate pool for the little ones, entertainment is good, lots of games ie general knowlegde, bingo and some games for the children in the afternoon. evening entertainment is good, karaoke, comedien, cypriot night with dancers, if that doesnt appeal to you then just a short walk from the hotel is the main street where you are spoilt for choice of bars and restaurants i recommend the love boat bar where each night theres entertaiment from tribute bands, hypnotists, drag queens ( this isnt for very young children as it tends to be of adult humour and on theses nights it gets extremely packed) and a dj who does karaoke badly (sorry). top restaurants are romeos and the olympic, the food here is excellant and again very clean, food at the lantiana is very good also, serving food allday long, staff are very nice and children friendly, rooms are spacious(we were self-catering) and the rooms are cleaned daily wiv fresh sheets daily and cleanliness is of a high standard."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

Really nice accommodation

Good

"We stayed here for one week in October. The location is excellent, out the 'back door' and youre on the front street of Protaras. We were SC so didnt eat in the restaurant we went out. The pool area is lovely and they have an irish guy who organises the activities. We had a sea view which most are from our balcony. The bar area is very small but we went out every night anyway. The staff are polite and helpful too. Would definately recommend it to anyone."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of April 2006

Great place

"Just come back from a great week in Protaras. If I went back to Protaras, I would go back to Lantiana. Really good access to a great beach, far enough from the noise in the centre of the town at night so it ceases to be a nuisance, close to the tavernas, shops and Lidl. Lidl does some really nice freshly baked bread.

The rooms were a little on the small side, and whilst the hotel is styled on the 60s, some of the appliances probably came from the 60's. The fridge motor made a rather alarming pop every time it stopped cycling the coolant. But it did the job. And for that, I was going to have to give Lantiana 9/10.

But then I remembered. We had free air conditioning, and free safe deposit box. Full 10/10. It is nice to not be fleeced by the hotel as soon as you turn up; a nice change (actually, didn't use the aircon - it was not really required; October is comfortably warm).

Staff were really pleasant and helpful. I think we had a full maid service 6 days, and for the other day the bins were emptied and covers put on the beds. It was clean. Each night there was a different themed night for food, which was good value.

Great holiday, lovely place, great hotel. You either love or hate the decor; it made me smile. Would I go back to Protaras - for a beach holiday, yes, with bells on, and back to that hotel as well...but there are other places to see and other holidays to have before I do that. But I would certainly not be upset to go back.

• Travel date: Tue 30th of October 2012

Brilliant apartments, well worth a stay

"I stayed at these apartments with my husband and son at the end of August. The rooms are large and spotlessly clean. Staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The Lantiana is perfectly placed. Just a short walk away from the main strip and from the beach. We will definitely be returning."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of October 2012

Hotels near smartline Lantiana Gardens

Stayed at smartline Lantiana Gardens? Share your insight.

smartline Lantiana Gardens is also called