Grecian Park Hotel

81, Konnos Street, Protaras, Paralimni 5314 Cyprus

Good

One of the best hotels- and boy I am fussy!

"We were very pleased with our choice to stay here. I am some what very fussy with where I stay abroad, however this was a lovely holiday.

The rooms are as in the picutes; white and clean and beautiful, likewise with the restaurants within the hotel. The snack food and cafe charisma offer a very good variety of food, grilled chicken pitta & salad to full on meals. The waffles by the pool in the afternoons are also gorgeous!

The nature trail down to the beach is steep and on a very hot day means you do need to stop off and catch your breath however the view is beautiful. Before I went on my holidays here I could not find much written about the beach however on seeing it it really is a gem. The sea is pale clear blue, with a lovely sandy bottom and you can walk out a long way and it's still very shallow! You can do all sorts of water sports, plus the sun loungers are designed to float so you can take them in the sea also...and the beach bar/cafe is lovely too!

If you stay here on your holidays you are guarenteed a lovely time! We will definitely go back one day!"

• Travel date: Fri 4th of August 2006

Had a Fantastic Holiday

Good

"Just back from a weeks holiday at Grecian Park and would happily go back in the morning!! The hotel is very tastefully decorated, lovey foyer/lobbey area. The bedrooms are bright, airy and comfortable. Room was cleaned daily and cleaner did a very good job, bath was scrubbed every day, everything dusted and even our 'junk' was tidied up so room always looked clean and tidy after she was finished.

Food and drink were expensive but what else do you expect from a 5* hotel? The pool bar was always well staffed with girls continuously walking through sunbathers taking orders. We never had any problems getting a sun lounger and because the pool is so big it never feels crowded! The fact that you can get fresh pool towels every day is also good, no drying towels on the balcony.

We found the cliff bar a great place to chill at the end of the night and would often come back after a night out for a quick night-cap.

We thouroughly enjoyed ourselves here, you are a bit out of the resort centre but with the bus stop outside the hotel and a bus only costing 80c its not hard to get anywhere. Also the hotel runs a free bus to Aya napa regularly thoughout the day.

I would recommend this hotel to anybody and it strikes me that some people just cannot be pleased, i would def count this 5* standard for the service and friendliness of staff alone!"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of July 2006

Nice Hotel - Not 5 Star

"Room
This was the cheapest 5 star hotel I could find on the East Coast and the price most certainly reflected the quality. The rooms were tastefully decorated, bright and airy but the bathroom was in definite need of renovation, I wasn't impressed with the cleaning, surfaces were not wiped down so were dusty, bathroom had grime in the corners of the floors and in between the tiles and the complimentary shampoo's etc had been used obviously by the previous guests and although we did not use them, they were never replaced.

Location
In a very quiet area with 1 supermarket and 3 restaurants, the bus stop that serves Protaras and Aiya Napa is on the doorstep of the hotel, you can wait anything up to 30 minutes for a bus (but only costs 80c), often a taxi will pass and offer you a good rate into town. The beach is down a very steep path with some hefty steps, going down is fine but coming up is real struggle especially in the heat, but the beach is nice, gets very busy at the weekends with the locals and watch out for jellyfish!

Hotel
Pool is nice and the area is kept very clean, staff are always on hand for food and drink, the prices in the hotel are pretty much the same as here, you pay £12.00 for a couple of beers and 2 sandwiches, but the food is nice. As the other reviews said there can be up to 4 weddings a day at the hotel, they do not interfere with anybody so was not a problem. Breakfast was good, nothing special and not 5 Star quality, but nevertheless was nice with the normal wide range.

We paid £345 each and I would have been very disappointed had I paid more."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of July 2006

Fantastic hotel and wedding day 7th-21st may

"We Chose this hotel because we were getting married there, We chose 5* because of this, rooms are lovely and cleaned well depending on the maid who does it that day, they dont change your bedding every day even when our 2 children would accidently spill juice on covers. Pool area is very nice never had to fight for a sun bed, it wasn't that busy being in may(just right) Taxi is 5 min drive to protaras costs 4-5 cyp£.
I would definately go back there because service was great, reception staff were lovely and bar staff aswell. We went on half board basis but would recommend that you go b&b because the price of eve meal would be 10-12 cyp£ pp and if you went b&b you have the choice to eat there or not and they would just put it on your room bill, buffet nights were not the best, especially if you have children.

Wedding ....sorting this out with hotel manager i found they were lovely with everything took about an hour(no stress). We booked through libra weds and when meeting our rep, she was fab but found out we got ripped off by libra by paying for extra flowers and dvd before we came out on holiday, she informed us that, i could of got all that for half the price for what i paid so really annoyed by this, my advise is dont pay for anything back home do it all there cos you can get whatever u want garanteed and cheaper.Also they have a house keeper who looks after your wed dress in a wedding room but dont be conned by her when she trys to sell you Napkins,flowers for table and on the plant stands cos i never asked or pay for anything like this and i still got them!.
You see lots of weddings everyday sometimes 2-3 but its very private you only see wedding guests walking past when your sunbathing then they are taken down to panaramic deck then you dont see them, only if they need the toilet (A big downside to this hotel is there is only 1 set of toilets for this big hotel and they're in lobby area and u have poolside toilets for the day)

Our wedding day went smoothly not a problem, The house keeper brought my dress to my room, went down to panaramic deck got married then spent 2 hours on the cliff bar then on to marquee at 5pm then sat in lobby for an hour because we hired the disco red room for 8pm and stayed there till 230, DJ was excellent. Photographer was good,we had lots of photos all around the hotel. Brilliant, fantastic day. You will laugh at the gift from a 5* hotel- 2grecian park t shirts with a pic on the back saying ' a marriage made in heaven' Soooo bad. but funny

So to cap it off --go on b&b basis
-- if marrying there, sort flowers etc out there(cheaper)
-- Go there.... its lovely"

• Travel date: Fri 26th of May 2006

Lovely Hotel & Wedding

Good

"We travelled to the Grecian Park with a party of around 30 people to attend our friends wedding.

We found the hotel to be excellent - lovely modern rooms and excellent pool area.

The beach was a short walk (about 10 mins) and there was everything you needed ie. loungers, watersports and cafe.

Please note this hotel though is fairly isolated however Aya Napa and Proteras were a short taxi ride away (about £8 sterling each way) or you could use the hotel's shuttle bus or the local bus.

Our friends wedding went without a hitch and seemed to be very well organised - ceremony on the cliff-front, followed by drinks in the cliff bar, followed by a lovely BBQ, followed by disco in the hotel nightclub. All in all an excellent day!

Our only downside to the holiday was the fact that Olympic Holidays decided to change our flight times coming home from 4pm in the afternoon to 7am, which meant that we basically lost our last day and also had to get to bed early as we were to be picked up at 3.30 in the morning. The annoying thing was that they actually did have an afternoon flight that they could have used.

We did try to complain to Olympic Holidays prior to our holiday reminding them that we had spent over £16k combined, but they would not even attempt to try to resolve the matter and I felt that they came across extremely arrogant.

In summary - Excellent Hotel, however I would recommend that you try to avoid booking through Olympic Holidays if possible."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of May 2006

issues with grecian park!!!

"Having visited the Grecian Park in August 05 we immediately fell in love with the grounds and views on offer and set our hearts on getting married there. We booked it on that visit.

My fiancé lives in Cyprus and we thought that 8 weeks before the wedding it would be a good idea to visit the hotel and try to arrange a few of the finer details, as they had not been keen to finalise anything previous to this.

It was made quite clear from the outset that the manager/wedding coordinator wasn’t as keen on the idea of seeing us, by quite deliberately making us wait for 15 minutes outside his office while he chatted to a member of his staff.

When we finally met him, that’s when things started to go wrong. To say that his attitude stinks is an understatement. He really made us feel like something that man had scraped from the bottom of his shoe. He showed absolutely no interest in any aspect of our wedding arrangements (flowers, music, wedding cake, entertainment), until we enquired about corkage!!! He made it extremely clear this would not be an option as this is where he makes most of his money.

He informed us that there were 2 other weddings on the same day as ours in the hotel and therefore could not guarantee any venue for the reception until the day before, by which time if you are not happy it would be far too late. As we had visited the hotel we had a good idea what we wanted; we would have been happy with alternatives if he could have shown us at least some photos of what they had to offer; he couldn’t and wasn’t prepared to commit to anything. Basically, the wedding that is likely to make him the most money takes precedence.

We have since cancelled and discovered there are some excellent alternatives close by where the attitude of the people responsible for your wedding is quite the opposite and the facilities on a par with the Grecian Park.

In summary, the setting and views on offer at the Grecian Park are very good, however, the man who is ultimately responsible for what should be your happiest day is only interested in one thing, the contents of your wallet and arranging as many weddings a day as he can. I would strongly urge any other person considering this venue to consider other options before booking."

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006

fabulous holiday

Good

"My husband, 3 children and my elderley parents stayed here July 2004. It was their Diamond wedding anniversary year. My brother lives in Cyprus nearby so it was the perfect spot. It was absoloutly fabulous - pool brilliant, views fantastic, my parents had a wonderful suite, we had two seaview rooms. Staff all friendly and helpful. we went 1/2 board on this occasion but are returning again this year on B & B. food for my Mum not fantastic - she has dietary needs - so will eat out more often this time.
I would highly recommend this hotel, we really had the most relaxing holiday ever, excellent breakfasts, pancakes or waffles in the afternoon and a nice relaxing atmosphere. Very much looking forward to going again in July.
CK1"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of February 2006

Great Hotel

Good

"Have only just discovered trip adviser so my wife and i booked this hotel without checking beforehand.

It is excellent. I travel to the Protaras area of Cyprus most years and can confirm that this is the best hotel in the area.

There are only two five star hotels in Protaras and this is the better one.

The wedding package was excellent (I was married in the hotel grounds).

Overall, great location, very quiet (good for couples) and close enough to both Ayia Napa and Protaras for when you will want to go into town.

Only reason, i didn;t give it five stars:

There are better five star hotels in Cyprus (Paphos etc) altough i do not like the Paphos area as much as Protaras.

Food at the hotel is ok, but, much better to go into town or visit the excellent Italian directly opposite the hotel.( a must).

Wedding package, Don't book a poackage with your holiday company, i booked with first choice and paid £300.00 just for their wedding coordinaor. Email the hotel and deal directly, it will save you a waste of £300.00, as any questions you put to your rep they speak to the hotel anyway. I went directly to the managers after a few days, this was far easier.

One manager was called Ruddi, he is German but, speaks excellent English. If you have any problems try and speak to him as he is by far the most helpfull member of staff.

Just read another review about the hotels exchange rates. I find it unlikely that this is accurate. If you want a good rate go into town. You will lose about £10.00 on every hundred by exchanging at the hotel (although this is the case in most hotels).
NB. The rating on trip adviser is wrong, this is a five start hotle not a three as stated."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of December 2005

Wonderful wedding

"We had a wonderful wedding at the Grecian Park. The hotel manager, the hairdresser (Hailey) and our reps (Suzanne and Andy) were brilliant in helping us get sorted for the wedding.

The view from our side sea view room was brilliant. It was lovely to sit on the balcony looking out to sea whilst enjoying a glass of wine.

The cliff top bar was very calming. We went there a few nights where they have a bar built into the cliff and a decking area with comfortable seating areas, lanterns, candelight and soothing music. Certainly the place to go to chill out.

We got married on the cliff top overlooking Konnos bay - we had the sea and sand as our beautiful backdrop, enhanced by the glorious sun! I would recommend the Island, resort and hotel to anyone who is looking to get married.

Our wedding went without a hitch. The flowers and everything were taken care of. We were able to choose from a range of meus for our reception, which was in a small marquee in the hotel grounds, and the staff looked after us making sure wine was always flowing!

The only downside was that there wasn't a lot in the surrounding area. There was one resaurant, a shop, and one other hotel nearby. The walk down to the beach from the hotel was very tiring, especially in the heat of the sun. The hotel managed to loose our wedding cake and the reception staff could have been a little more friendly.

But all in all it was a brilliant holiday. The one day that mattered was our wedding day and that was perfect!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of November 2005

Good choice

Good

"Just returned back from this hotel for 1 week with my partner. I have never been abroad before was looking forward to a 5 star stay. Found this hotel really nice. A lot of people get married here, so the relaxation areas are brilliant. There are nice sofas and added touches around the hotel. Pool area is excellent with plenty of sunbeds and gorgeous views over Cape Greco Bay. There are steps and pathways down to the beach altho there is a courtesy bus which runs by the hotel at set times. A local bus runs around the area covering Paralmini, Protaras, Fig Tree Bay, Cape Greco, Ayia Napa right to the Water park on a regular basis. We stayed half board altho next time I would stay B+B based on the choice of 2 resorts (Protaras and Ayia Napa either side of hotel location), I found the food not upto much (altho I am fussy!) and a few nights we ate out. Breakfast is buffet and has a choice of cooked with eggs, bacon (streaky), tomatoes, mushrooms etc, cereal, fresh fruit, pastries, meat, cheese and champagne. Evening meals were greek buffet and waiter service. Waiter service was special (you couldnt even move a fork yourself!) and the food was ok. Choices of food were moussaka, salmon, lamb, mixed grill etc and were all 3 course. The hotel does have a few restaurants in its vicinity which we did not try im afraid (but the Italian restautant opposite looked really nice).A bar (Cape Bar) just outside the hotel serves cheap cocktails and plays all english football matches but has no bar food. There is a really nice hotel bar (on our first night the hotel manager which we met who is very friendly, served all guests complimentary cocktails) and there is also a pool bar who order over to your sun loungers. They have nice fruit smoothies (try one called seabreeze)yum! There is also an indoor pool and a gym, table tennis and pool table. We did not try out any spa/beauty treatments because they were quite expensive but they are there to use. I think that this hotel is more catered for adults however, for children there is a small playground and a kiddies pool. Lobby area was really nice with marble flooring and comfy sofas. There is a piano played by Boleslav most evenings and a coffee bar is there. There is a hotel shop located in the lobby area however, it is quite expensive so would go into the local resorts for souveniers. There is a supermarket just down the road if you fancy some crisps or chocolate which is fully stocked. The best part of my stay I think was the hotel Cliff bar. It is set back down some steps from the hotel grounds just past the pool area and on a night it is perfect for a romantic drink. It is wooden floored with big sofas and chairs and complimentary blankets if it gets a bit chilly (it was October!), the bar serves alcholic drinks, teas/coffees/hot chocs and soft drinks and is lit up with friendly staff. There are added touches with intimate candles, lanterns and lightings which make it more special. The staff are quite friendly and will phone taxi's for you. I would recommend the local bus tho, as taxi's can cost upto £10 each way into Ayia Napa and £7 each way into Protaras unless you try to haggle with them. There are always taxi's around for you, they usually arrive before the bus and the drivers are very friendly but they can be quite pushy, I think it is better to wait for the bus and save money! The reception staff can also arrange bike hire for you but you have to give 1 days notice, which cost £ Hotel rooms are nice but I wouldnt rate them 5 star. They come with balcony and air con, mini bar and safe. Beds are twins pushed together, tea/coffee making facilities and satellite T.V. Ensuite bathrooms have the usual complimentary towels and bathing products. Maid service is nothing special and corridors look 3 star. There is internet service on the first floor which is 50 cents (70p) for 1omins and the reception change money for you at excellent exchange rates. Reception staff can also arrange bike hire for you from £3 + but you do need to arrange 1 day in advance, there is also floodlit tennis courts at a local charge. As we travelled around most of the island on our stay and saw many hotels, I do think this hotel is by far the best in this area and I would def stay here again."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of October 2005

too hectic with wedding celebrations & kids

"Yesterday afternoon my husband and I returned from our Cyprus Holiday-
After a ten day stay 26th May- 4th June at the ‘ Grecian Park’’ (First time to this hotel).
We felt it only fair to share some of the positive but also negative points of this five star hotel and be totally honest. We picked the Grecian Park for many reasons, but top of OUR priority list- REST & RELAXATION !!!
We did not want loads of kids and the so called ‘’family friendly kids clubs' 'OR the busy teenagers , night life with pubs and clubs keeping us awake, we wanted a chilled location away from hectic family Life- plus with the mention in the brochure of a steep hike down to the PRIVATE beach, we hoped (and saw via the review sites) it puts most people off with small kids and prams. We were wrong !!!
But all the Wedding Celebrations constantly going on, all the kids, relaxation during the day and into the early hours made life difficult to unwind for us and at times difficult to sleep.
We were later to find out, most that we witnessed were invited wedding guests with Mums & Dads....Aunties & Uncles , friends and relations.
First of all the main Positive points-
*Nice Hotel Room- modern decor ( white and silver) & balcony & Clean.
*Good standard of food (for Cyprus hotels) Half board is best*
*Good standard of service, very friendly staff (in particular all Swedish waiting on staff & reception people).
*Lovely pool area with free sunbeds & free umbrellas , fresh towels to lie on each day.
*Lovely decor both inside and out.

Negative points-

*As the Grecian Park is a busy Wedding location where guests stay and bring family and friends on average for a week , we were rather shocked how many wedding parties (post & pre wedding) were ACTUALLY STAYING at the hotel along with most of the invited guests (most English).
It was just like being in England at times with all the loud wedding chatter and drinking & social aspect that hectic weddings bring...not being a kill joy, we were not staying here as a wedding guests but as a holiday guest, we wanted a 5 star retreat!

These people had booked in to attend a wedding and most had booked time before or after the event to have a holiday along side.
Each day we were submerged into the goings on of busy weddings. Most days ,two weddings were being performed outside, the party’s guests were hectic with hair nails and flowers- then came the photographers and video people along with setting the area up and twice a day we had the bride and groom (and all the guests) walk past the pool for their wedding. Then into the afternoon / evening celebrations began.

A typical day for us started with breakfast-
The whole eating areas inside and out were full of wedding guests either planning the forthcoming wedding or reminiscing the previous days /accounts or last nights goings on.
The push chairs and high chairs and comings and goings made it hard to enjoy a lovely breakfast. We could have been just about anywhere other than Cyprus.
Then over to the pool- that was all morning filling up with wedding guests and kids prams and busy chatter from guest to guest.
Before long you guessed it, the sun loungers filled up and kids arrived.
Being honest this was our main disappointment -it ruined the atmosphere while we trying to unwind and relax, then with all the comings and goings of guests and family's, friends and kids. Day time, night time and into the early hours!!!
What can i say, this hotel needs to be renamed the ‘’Grecian Park Wedding Hotel’’.
They have two other sister hotels a drive away, we felt the brochure and website needs updating to inform people that THIS IS THE FOCUS‘’of the Grecian hotel.It's really about the weddings and everything else in the hotel takes a back seat!
* Some Hotel rooms classed as -Garden view/ Economy –sadly do look out onto the main busy road.
* We found the hotel prices also very expensive in and around the hotel for extra's like drinks or snacks.
At the pool bar-
pot of tea was 4.20 euros
coffee was 4.20 euros
cappuccino was 5.50 euros
beers from 3.80- 4.60 euros.
burgers from 9.00 euros- 9.60...
Lucky a good shop near by selling all sorts.
* The private beach that is mentioned for hotel guests , came as a bit of a shock when we spotted the big car park and adjacent road leading to it. It is open to absolutely everyone, not private and no secret to locals or other holiday makers on a warm day !!! But yet again, even if it had of been private- this was also mad with wedding party guests.

On the whole a lovely hotel with a busy agenda of daily Weddings and Celebrations, hard to find space or quietness to relax. We enjoyed our time because we tried to work round it....but we will not be going back.
We did complain to a gentleman in the main restaurant – he appeared to be a restaurant manager-
We told him how every evening since we arrived that all the kids running around the restaurant ruined our meal and no one from his staff had addressed it- he told us ‘’ they are attending a wedding tomorrow and not to worry’’ !!! Really this would not be allowed in a good five start hotel, they were quick enough to inform guests who wore shorts to dinner but never addressed the behaviour or some kids during the evening dinner seating !!!! I told him it was like MC Donald's at times, it really ruined it !!!
It’s worth mentioning that we spoke with several couples today on the bus and at the airport who all felt the same....to busy with Wedding guests and busyness from wedding groups and way tooooooooooo many kids and crying babies.
Maybe the management should try taking a holiday as a guest at the Grecian, just to see how hard it is for regular guests?

Room Tip: pick pool side- away from main road
Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple for a romantic holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of June 2011

david&lena

"2006 was our second holiday at the grecian park,our reason for going back is simple, it is the perfect hotel location and staff to spend your holiday with your loved one. The staff could'nt do enough for you the views from our balcony were unreal more so at sunset.
The food was amazing especialy the managers buffet and they served good healthy food by the pool.Going back this summer and we can't wait.
look forward to seeing you all.

David Bushby&Lena Sami"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of February 2011

Hotels near Grecian Park Hotel

Stayed at Grecian Park Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Grecian Park Hotel

• Couple from Amsterdam'' by Couple from Amsterdam''

"keep it just for weddings and wedding guests and rename hotel. "

Grecian Park Hotel is also called