Golden Coast Beach Hotel

PO Box 33171, Protaras, Paralimni 5311 Cyprus

Good

Great All Inclusive

"I just got back from a truely wonderful week at the Golden Coast Beach hotel. I have to admit, having travelled a lot, I was a bit sceptical before arriving. One week, All inclusive and airfair, was only about 1100 dollars from Sweden so I did not expect too much. Well, I was surprised! Check in was done in a minute and our bags were taken to our room. The room was newly renovated. The food (although buffet style) was great and rather varied. I did lack a bigger variety of fruits though. Staff in general, and waiters espescially, was service minded and friendly. I did find front desk employes a bit unintrested in helping and kind of unknowing or lacking information about what was going on at the hotel (entertainment and trips). The Animation team in charge of activities and amusement was just awsome!!
You need to know that the beach is very small and the sand is brown and a bit coarse. Water is clear. There is not much to see or do outside the hotel area but I felt no need to leave the hotel during my one week there. However, I think two weeks would have been a bit too much. Very positive experience!
Lena"

• Travel date: Tue 29th of May 2007

Fantastic Holiday

"What a fantastic holiday! So suprised to see bad reviews on this hotel and feel that I should give my feedback....Stayed at the Golden Coast Beach Hotel with my boyfriend last July and cannot fault it. The hotel was lovely with its own private beach, the rooms were spacious and fully air-conditioned, the food was great (I am a fussy eater and there was something for everyone each day), the staff very friendly and the weather brilliant! Only complaint, should there be one was that the bar serves last orders at 11pm, a little early if you ask me, but got wise to this and just stocked up beforehand with enough beverages to see us through. I think the location of the hotel is perfect,quite quiet but if you fancy it you can always venture out of the hotel its a five minute taxi ride into the main town of Protaras. IT REALLY WAS THE BEST HOLIDAY! Bearing in mind I am a very very nervous flyer would love to get back there again soon and would definately stay at this hotel..."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of January 2007

A Wonderful Wedding Memory

"On Arriving at the Hotel we received a warm welcoming, with our luggage being taking up to the hotel and the porter personally showing us our room. Due to our forecoming wedding the next week we had champagne and fruit awaiting our arrival along with 2 small bottles of wine.
The view we had over looked the ocean, the hotels private beach and we could see were our ceremony for the wedding was going to be held.
I married my Husband in the grounds of the Golden Coast Hotel on Tuesday 1st August 2006. The views and scenery was beautiful, the friendliness of the hotel staff on the day was wonderful, the Lady who did my hair for the wedding was lovely and all the hotel staff couldn't do enough to make your stay enjoyable. We also received some flowers in our room off the hotel congratulating us on our wedding. We also had a fabulous Champagne Breakfast the morning after our wedding.
We had a complimentary meal cooked at our table through the wedding company we choose and the steak was cooked at our table, totally amazing and added that extra special memory of our wedding in Cyprus. I would sincerely recommend this hotel if you are getting married or just staying in Protaras.
I would not rate the Lady who works in the Beauty Parlour as she was not at all helpful.

The hotel is out of the way, perfect if you want to enjoy a relaxing holiday and it wasn't too far via taxi or buses to restaurants in the main area of Protaras. The hotel is fully air-conditioned, our hotel room was cleaned everyday and all of our family commented that our hotel was by far the nicest than where there were staying."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of October 2006

A quality hotel with quality staff.....

"Spent last 2 weeks in August at this hotel with our two teenage children. The hotel is situated about 10 minutes from Protarus and 20 minutes from Aya Napa using the local bus service, which is both cheap and reliable.

The rooms in the hotel are furnished to a high standard and always kept clean (apart from the kids room, but I can't blame the hotel for that!)

We stayed on an 'All Inclusive' basis, which provides excellent value for money.

Meals are served on a buffet basis and there is always a variety of choice.

Clean outdoor pool, if you prefer the beach it's literally 100 yards from the pool. The indoor pool made a refreshing change and provided cover from the intense sun.

Staff, especially in the bar & restaurant staff provided excellent service. On an evening, you will generally be served drinks at your table, whilst the entertainment is on, which saves from some previous nightmares at different hotels, when on an AI basis.

The entertainment staff - Harriet & 'Big Bird' do a great job with the kids club, and day time activities from water polo to killer darts. They also make sure the evening entertainment is lively.

All in all, this is a quality hotel that I would not hesitate to recommend."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of September 2006

Excellent!

"I am so shocked to see bad reviews of this amazing hotel.

My Husband and I married there in June 2005 and we could not recommend it enough.

Everything about this hotel was great, the rooms are massive and the food is really nice.

We were treated like king and queen for the duration of our stay and I just can't wait to go back!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of June 2006

Golden Coast at Easter

"On arriving at the hotel, we were rather relieved after reading a couple of dreadful reviews. The review written by the couple from Antrim who stayed there last August, pretty much sums up everything I could have said about the hotel. However, I would like to stress how good the receptionist was. She spent quite a bit of time booking us bus trips to Niccosia etc. and managed to change our room to a seaview without losing patience.

We probably wouldn't go back to the area though, but mainly because we were so bored! If you really do only want to lay on a sun lounger all day and eat 'n' drink, then you'll be fine. But I don't think I've visited anywhere in Europe that so lacks its own character. If you want to visit any historical sites, you have to be prepared for long journeys without a great deal of gratification.

Also, weather was very unpredicable at this time of year. Only 2 out of 5 good day's weather.

Booked through Expedia."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of April 2006

Had the best time ever

Good

"MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND GOT MARRIED IN THE GOLDEN COAST.I AM ONLY WRITING THE REVIEW IN AUGUST 2005 AFTER LOOKING THROUGH TRIP ADVISOR.I am shocked at what i read
We had the best holiday ever.The staff where excellent the hotel was clean and well situated.I never had any compaints at all.They couldnt do enough for us.I would go back there tomorrow.I go on holiday 3/4 times a year mostly to 4*+ hotels.Give it a go we loved it."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2005

would not return to the golden cost hotel

"This holiday was booked as myself and my now husband planned to marry at the Golden Coast Hotel. We have visited Protarus before and this was our third holiday at the resort but the first experience of this hotel.

Very briefly: We had a bedroom with twin beds! Even though we were marrying at the hotel on the 15th the hotel could not stretch to a double bed!

The pool is too small for the size of the hotel and is not very clean. The pool is badly 'finished' with sharp edges surrounding the pool and on steps entering the pool. There is a slope into the pool which is extremely slippy, we witnessed a tourist having a nasty fall there.....so be careful. The pool staff were just doing there job and had little customer service skills. We had to wait on average 15 mins to be spoken to once sat at a table waiting to order.

The entertainment is shocking. We understand the hotel has an italian entertainment company working there. Totally inapropriate entertainment that left us and other guests cringing.

Food is very expencieve for what it is. Breakfast was luke warm.

We were totally unimpressed with the hotel and would never go back to it unless it came under new ownership/management."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2005

Location brilliant hotel OK

"We stayed at the Golden Coast in October half term, the hotel was no where near full and was usually very quiet. I agree that the walls are very thin and you can easily hear voices in ajoining rooms, fortunately we did not have noisy neighbours. The breakfasts were adequate, but not very exciting and hot breakfast was warm at best. We only ate one lunch at the pool bar, food very English and very boring and one evening meal - OK but not spectacular.
The room was large and clean. We requested a double bed but got twins pushed together (no zip).
The hotel gardens are very pretty. We enjoyed the Taverna oposite the hotel and ate there most nights - can highly recommend.

Despite this we were glad we chose the Golden Coast as the location was the best we saw in the area, the beach and pool were good and it was away from the over commersialised areas"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of November 2004

Ok hotel, could be improved

"My husband (36) and I (33) stayed at this hotel B & B the last two weeks of August 2004, having booked through Libra. Firstly, the airport was hassle-free - we arrived at approximately 1945hrs and within 1/2 hr we were on the coach. The Libra rep on the coach was useless - she was too busy flirting with the drive and his chum that eventually she didn't even bother to announce which accommodation we had stopped at.

Arrived at the hotel - no kerb appeal whatsoever. Have stayed at many 4* and 5* hotels and none have been so unappealing outside as this one. The reception staff are all excellent - chatty and helpful.

Rooms fine - apart from the carpet. The carpet in the corriders is knackered also. We paid extra for a superior sea view but compared to other hotels there was nothing special about this room. There was a half bottle of red wine and four pieces of fresh fruit awaiting us in the room, which was lovely. The walls are paper thin - we had very noisy kids beside us and could actually hear the people in the room on the other side of them banging the walls!! Kept very clean and plently of room though. Overlooked the pool and sea - definately book a sea view room as the view is worth it.

Very noisy around the pool area and there are far too many sunbeds for the space available. This would be fine if you are comfortable lying close to strangers. The pool is also far too small for the hotel. The pool bar area was very untidy and did not look particularly clean although there were an army of cleaners outside every day. There also seemed to be a large number of Greeks and Cypriots but as their two week holiday is the last two weeks in Aug also, this may explain it. The botel was a lot quieter towards the end of our holiday when the Greeks etc seemed to have gone. The pool bar staff are not what I would describe friendly - indifferent would be a better description.

We chose the sunbeds on the terraces leading to the beach every morning and it was very peaceful as the noise from the pool couldn't be heard. The beach is a small sandy cove with hardly no waves at all but very salty. The hotel also provides fresh beach towels each morning which was excellent. We recommend that you put your towels out before 0830 hrs and you can then maneouver the sunbeds a bit to suit yourself. You have to pay for the loungers on the beach.

Breakfast was fine - apart from the three dead ants floating in the fresh fruit salad one morning. Best to get to breakfast before 08.30 hrs - it gets very busy after that and there are no designated smoking areas and as non-smokers we found this very irritating. The staff appear to do nothing at breakfast except wander about at a very slow pace and collect dishes from tables occassionally.

We did not stay at the hotel in the evenings but chose to walk to the centre of Pernera (approx 15 min) or to Protaras (approx 30-40 min). We would recommend The Stuffed Olive and the Kartanas restuarants here (the Kartanas in particular had excellent service) and in Protaras the la Strada Italian and the Raj Indian are excellent. The Mexican is also very good.

We hired out a car for two days - highly recommended. It is worthwhile visiting the village of Agros in the mountains where rose water is made. We also visited a winery close to Trimiklin village which is en-route to the Troodos mountains. We were given a tour and wine tasting by the owner which only cost CY1.00 each. Go early when there are no coach parties there. We also went to Deryneia which is the closest we could get to Famagusta (the ghost city).

In all, we had a good holiday and would go back to the resort of Protaras but not to this hotel. It is described on its website as a 4* hotel with 5* facilities but we would describe it as verging on 4* only. The main things that irritated us was the noise level around the pool, the cleanliness of the pool area and the smoking in the restaurant. If you have kids, I think you would get more out of this hotel as there is a varied entertainment programme throughout the day, details of which are sent to your room (a week late however in our case).

One other concern we had - at no time were we asked in the hotel grounds for our room number. I think that there were people using the sunbeds on the terraces who were not guests at this hotel. In the mornings we were able to enter the breakfast restuarant from the pool/beach direction and we were never asked for a room number or name."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of August 2004

sunny,sandy,golden cyprus

"hotel was superb food good and plentyful.every day was cloudless.sun,sun,and more sun.kiddies pool a bit slippery.indoor pool lovely,free towels around pool,saving you extra baggage room.free safe.private beach.bus into protaras worth 1 euro stop nearby,friendly staff,all the entertainment team worked tirelessly,esp,JUDIT,"

• Travel date: Wed 13th of July 2011

brilliant hotel

"went to the golden coast for 2 weeks for my mums wedding, it was a beautiful hotel and situated right by the sunny beach. all staff are very friendly and couldnt be more helpful. entertainers were happy and encouraged you to join in everything. big thanks to kathy and charlie for entertaining adults and children. lots to choose from for food. best holiday couldnt fault anything.

if your going for a wedding the wedding co-ordinaters treat you brilliant before, during and after the wedding :)"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of June 2011

Hotels near Golden Coast Beach Hotel

Stayed at Golden Coast Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Golden Coast Beach Hotel

• juliarooke by juliarooke

"Fantastic, better than I could of expected. "

• Belle2006 by Belle2006

"Went on a VIP boat trip which was really worth the money. "

• Blyth28 by Blyth28

"The half day catamaran boat trip to Famagusata and Konnos Bay is well worth it. "

• Lukas566 by Lukas566

"The Protaras Aquarium was amazing "

• tor by tor

"relax and make the most of it "

• john by john

"have your wedding there "

Golden Coast Beach Hotel is also called