About Crystal Springs Beach Hotel

• tv channel one russia
  • tv rtr planeta russia
  • czech amenities

Good

Crystal Springs Hotel Cyprus.

Reviewed Mon 21st of January 2013

"We arrived at the hotel at 12.45 am, extrenmely tired after a 14 hour journey. We were distressed to be told they had no room for us, we would have to go to Aya Napa 20 miles away for the night, and they would pick us up lnch time the next day. We were too tired to argue and waited for the taxi to pick us up. Meanwhile, the man receptionist gave us a sandwich, which consisted of two rather stale pieces of bread that had been frozen, no spread on it, justa slice of processed cheese. Needless to to say we didn't eat it. he did give us a Kia Lager each which was nice. Eventuall we got to the other Hotel which was lovely, more or less brand new, an individual bungalow. The next day we were picked up about 1.00pm, and got back in time for lunch. The Hotel staff were very apologetic, and to compensate they gave us free fridge, free remote and a superior room number 506. You have to pay for the remote and fridge and safe which costs normally 85 euros! The Hotel is very very clean, the bedroom we had was very nice, the bed was changed daily if you wanted it to be changed, the view of the pool and gardens was lovely. The food was kept hot, apart from the soup which was really tasty but cold. I am sure you could complain to the Chef and it would be reheated, but sometimes it isn't good to keep reheating soup, so we didn't bother. The meats were delicious, there is a nice carvery, which had different meats on offer. The Chef we had was English, very agreable gentleman. There was a sort of ice cream every day but |I felt it was more of a sorbet. The Pizza was delicious, I had that most lunchtimes. I didn't like the bar food, I only had it once, it was horrible.I noticed the stale sandwiches which they gave us on arrival going back and forth each day. They were made into Toasties.The food was all cooked perfectly in the restaurant, and there were some lovely desserts, ie Apple Crumble, Jam Sponge, Rice Pudding, to name a few. I can't say enough good things about the staff, who worked really hard from morning to night, and they were all very friendly. The only bad thing about the restaurant were the cats. There must have been about 20 who hung aroiund you whilst you were eating, some even got onto the tables, until the waiters threw them off. Not very hygenic. The gardens to the Hotel are great, plenty of sunbeds everywhere, the garden is sort of tiered, different sections, you can always find a secluded spot. From the gardens you can walk down to the small beach. We didn't like the Hotel beach, and found if you carried on walking along from it, after 5 minutes there is another better small beach, where you don't sink into the sand. It is quite a nice walk along. Apparently you get charged 2 euros a day for using the sunbeds on the beaches, but we never saw any one collecting money for the whole 14 days we were there. The entertainment day and night is abysmal. Nina, the girl who does the entertaining, had a hard job getting anyone to join in the games, I felt sorry for her. At night, they had a couple of shows throughout the 2 weeks, plus a small 2 piece band which I thought was quite good. A few people danced to their music. Luckily we palled up with a couple and sat with them for the 2 weeks, we managed to have a good laugh with them. I wouldn't recomment the Hotel to young people. We made friends with a Czech couple in their 20s, and they were bored stiff, they said luckily they were only there for a week. Most nights they got a bus into Protarus. We got a busjust outside the Hotel, they run every 10 minutes, and it costs a euro each. Aya Napa is a 20 minute bus ride away. Drinks are good, they don't seem to be watered down. I had Peach Schnapps most of the time, a good quality one. We were on all inclusive. The friends we made were half board and drinks were quite expensive. Most people went to their roomsby 9.30 pm, because there is little to do in the evening. We only got the News on the TV, not worth paying for the remote control.I really liked this Hotel, and with improvemnets to the entertainment, and resolving the rooms not ready when you arrive, I think it would be great. I reckon it is worth its 4 and a half star status. If they made the improvements I mentioned I would give it 5 stars easily. "

• Travel date: Mon 21st of January 2013

Very Pleasantly Surprised

Reviewed Wed 20th of October 2010

"I went to stay for a couple of nights in June 2010 and making an impromtu reservation did not expect much given the low rates. The hotel underwent renovation in the winter 2010, the rooms are now fantastic and white (10/10 fro a 4 star), the restaurant did not feel dated post renovations and half-board was very good (i'd give it 8/10. It it true to say that the building itself does look old fashioned but everything is extremely clean, the staff are amazing. The grounds were covered with a small perfectly trimmed parkland and new sun loungers and a small hotel lagoon without any outside tourists. I loved it! You will need a car or a taxi to get there and they had no coffee in the rooms but this was a very beautiful relaxing 4*, and yes I am planning to go back at the end of the summer :)"

• Travel date: Thu 1st of July 2010

no tea and coffee provided in room, and...

Reviewed Sun 5th of October 2008

"no tea and coffee provided in room, and i have stayed in many bed and breakfasts and hotels and this has always been the norm,the food was of very poor quality with that i have experienced in other hotels in cyprus,
i booked as all inclusive and when i arrived i was told that it ended at 11pm , i had travelled since 6am and did not reach my hotel until 9.15pm so by the time i had unpacked and eaten the last of the poor food ,it was 10.30 before i could relax and have a drink only to find out i had to pay for my bottle of wine and water, the staff were so miserable everything was an effort, but i do have to say that the house keepers were brill my room was cleaned to perfection and they were so helpful and always jolly
would i stay there again NO I WOULD NOT,
i even woke the nightman up when i checked out he was fast asleep on the sofa "

• Travel date: Sun 5th of October 2008

Very clean, friendly and lovely gardens and food!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I stayed between 11th - 18th May 2008 and had an excellent time.

The positives are:

- Very friendly locals.
- Excellent food.
- Kept very clean.
- Great gardens.
- The sea is lovely.
- Quiet location.
- Lots to do and good facilities.

I would say improvements could be made:

- Ideally needs a lick of paint in most places and a refurb!
- The actual beach is not spectacular.
- Quiet location!

Overall i was impressed with this hotel and though I didnt think it felt or looked like a 4 star the facilities, service and food certainly were.

I would recommend it to anyone and there is a lot to do in Cyprus itself. If you are considering staying here then book it with confidence."

• Travel date: Thu 5th of June 2008

Good Holiday at the Crystal Springs

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"We booked a late deal for one week during the school holidays and were delighted by the standards and value for money we got. The weather was very good for mid October, even though it was very windy for 3 days, it was still very warm and sunny. We were AI and I thought the food was varied and tasty, although I dont know if I could cope with 2 weeks of gluttony. The bedrooms were of standard hotel size, bathroom clean, the only let down was the AC which didn't work. In summer time it must have been unbearable. The pool was a good size and the beach was a lovey spot for a swim. Not much to do in the immeadiate vacinity, a few supermarkets and a few bars (the shop within the hotel was cheaper than all the other shops that we went into!). We hired a car for the week (chaos at Larnaka Airport, I think all the planes arrived at the same time) and the road were fantastic.

Apart from the AC not working, we had no complaints and would definitely go back if we are wanting a relaxing week in October (who isn't)."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of November 2007

Would definately go back!

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"This is a great hotel if you want a relaxing holiday. Even though it is away from the hustle and bustle of the busier towns like Protaras or Ayia Napa, they are just an 80cent bus ride away.

This was our first AI holiday, and having heard so many different stories we didn't really know what to expect. However, once i get to the bar and found they had Carlsberg on tap, and included in AI, i was happy. The food was excellent, varied, plentifull and hot (something i hear is lacking in some AI packages). There was also snacks available at the pool bar (great burger and chips).

The rooms are dated (although i found the little light switches and radio built into the bedside table querky), however they are cleaned every day, have individually controlled A/C and have a balcony. Which
to be honest is all we really needed. I did hear that a refurb is due
soon though.

The staff where very helpfull, friendly and tend to your every need. The entertainment was ok, with something on every night.

With a nice, clean pool area and fantastic gardens you could always find a nice spot to work on the tan. And the little cove at the bottom of the garden is ideal for snorklers and swimmers.

We would definately return to this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 31st of October 2007

Wonderful Holiday

Reviewed Sun 21st of October 2012

"We have just returned from a week all inclusive at this hotel. I must admit that after reading reviews prior to going I was a little apprehensive at what we would find. However on arrival any fears I have were left at the Hotel entrance. The Hotel is set in a quiet out of the way location. ALL staff were very helpful , extremely nice and made sure we were well looked after. We (2 x adults, 2 x children, 5 & 10 years old) all enjoyed the food. All meals were plentiful with a vast selection. All tastes were well catered for at each meal time. In between breakfast, lunch & dinner there was a pool side bar offering a snack style menu, toasties, burgers, chips, salad, pitta & dips, pizza, etc. The Hotel is very clean, and the pool is a lovely size. Sunbeds were plentiful, both around the pool and in the beautiful gardens that over look the sea. There is also a small kids pool, and a play area. Both were great for our children. A very short walk through the gardens takes you to a small beach (part sand, mainly shingle)area with crystal clear sea water. This was also beautiful, and we found very safe for our children. You can walk a fair way into the water.
The Hotel have a kids club twice daily, (not sundays). My son (5 year old)loved it there. The lady running was great with the children. My son often asked to go there when it was closed.
There was a variety of daytime & evening entertainment, although could of been a little better in the evening. (this was not a major issue).
Although out of the way, there was a bus stop just outside the hotel door, with a regular bus service. Protaras centre approx 10 mins by bus. (80 cents per person)
Here are some things that I would of found helpful if i had of known prior to my holiday:-
*Hotel rooms have hairdryers
*Hotel has laundry area with iron & ironing board
*no tea & coffee making facilities in room
*Family side sea view rooms are small for Family. (would definatly have family sea room next time for views and size.)
*Shop on hotel ground that was so reasonably priced, for gifts, drink, sweets, pool inflatables, clothes, shoes, (everything really)

My only gripe would be the following:-
Be careful with all inclusive deals, we booked a 7 day holiday, arrived monday morning 3am, but had to vacate room at noon following Sunday and give up all inclusive deal at this point. Even explaining that this was only 6 days (fwe knew room would have to be vacated) we assumed that the inclusive part would remain for the rest of that day (our 7th day) as we were not due to leave hotel until 11pm. We were however able to have room & all inclusive for all 4 of us for the rest of that day for an extra CYP70 (approx £80)
All in all, we had a great holiday, would recommend and return. Both the children loved it there. Staff were great as were rest of Holiday makers we met there."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of October 2007

A mixed bag

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We loved the first 24 hours of our stay here but then suddenly realised it wasn't a one off Fawlty Towers day - that was how it was going to be for the next 10 days!

This hotel needs a full refurb and quick - the rooms are kept very clean and tidy by the staff but the decor screams 1982 at you and is grey and drab. Having carpeted floors was unusual and made for more quiet than normal holiday rooms but the downside is carpets over 5 years old tend to get very dirty! The bathroom was basic in the extreme.
The beds were however comfortable and we couldn't of asked for a better view from the balcony.

The corridor areas were dark and dingy and the two lifts on offer riddled with graffiti and dangerously lively closing doors!

Reception and bar areas not too bad.

The food was where this place really lets itself down. I'd read a previous review before travelling describing this as "School Dinners" type fayre and that was a spot on description. We went half board and the breakfast and evening meals were bland affiars slopped up in small baine marie terrienes which weren't replenished that often - the flies seemed grateful for that. Take a tip and swap your dinner for lunch, a far better bet and you can then eat out in Protoras (try Promises at the far end of the strip for a great meal or walk down to the Taverna near Golden Coast Hotel -- 10 mins from the Springs).
Most of the staff in the Resteraunt were proper moody and miserable - looked like they were missing Russia big time; everything was too much trouble for them!!!!

A big thumbs up for the Springs has to be their grounds - extremely nice and enough room for all but I reckon there could be a fight on for sun loungers earlier in the season. The English were in the minority here with Russians and Germans being the majority but most people friendly enough.
The pool and surrounding area was average but we tended to head into the grounds which is alongside a semi private beach.

The Reception staff were helpful and put the waiters to shame!

In summary I wouldn't agree this was a 4 star hotel due to the big let down on the grub but we had a good holiday nonetheless and ate out 6 out of the 10 nights we were there (bus stop just outside the hotel and it's a £1 each way). Thankfully the weather was as it always is in Cyprus, beautiful, so we could relax in the grounds all day.

Head here if it's cheap but better alternatives should be availabel in the 4* range!"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of October 2007

Mostly good

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We (2adults 2kids) thought overall this was a very nice hotel.We upgraded from half board to all inclusive after the second day as it is definately a bit out of the way.Protaras about 10/15 mins in a taxi(£5/£7) All the staff were genuinely very helpful and friendly as was the manager,who walked around frequently taking an interest and making himself available to anyone with any problems.The food was excellent at all times.Our room was spacious,clean and well serviced.The pool area was good and daily entertainment provided(aquarobics,volleyball,pool,darts,table tennis).The small beach is shingle and stones,though we ended up finding it great for snorkelling.The gardens look well.
The only gripes would be...(1)on all inclusive we had to sign a receipt each time we went to the bar,the kids were unable to have any ice lollies/ice cream or slush other than by paying extra or at mealtimes and all inclusive guests were given plastic glasses whereas before we did this it was proper glasses (2)if you were wanting a walk in the evenings (shops/bars)you definately need to get a taxi.(3)quite a few of the guests staying the fortnight we were there suffered from ear infections-including our son-from excess time spent in the pool though we have also found this on other holidays we have been on . So,all in all,friendly staff,good food,nice size air conditioned room....we had a really good time."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of August 2007

This hotel is lovely and nicely situated...

Reviewed Sun 1st of July 2007

"This hotel is lovely and nicely situated with a sandy beach backing on to it.

The staff were absolutely brilliant and helped us every way that they could. We were always encouraged to take part in a lot of the hotel activities, and usually when I go on holiday I do my own thing.

There were a wide range of different activities ranging from snorkel diving to pool aerobics. The hotel also had a lot of extras gym, hairdressers, and babysitters which could be very handy for families.

Protaras is a short taxi drive from Ayia Napa which is excellent for a night out!

I would highly recommend this holiday to anyone as Protaras is perfect for families as it is quite quiet and has lovely sandy beaches, and I would also recommend it for younger people as it is so close to Ayia Napa and there is a also a few clubs within Protaras."

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2007

We were all very pleasantly surprised (2...

Reviewed Fri 8th of June 2007

"We were all very pleasantly surprised (2 adults and 4 children) when we got to the hotel as you never know what to believe from the blurb. It surely offers the get away from it all treat that we were looking for.

We were extremely well looked after the food was excellent plentiful, buffet style service in the evenings and the pool bar offered wonderful sensibly priced delicious lunch snacks and salads. There was plenty to do for all of us, (youngest was 5 and the eldest 15 at the time) along with lots of hideaway from it areas to have a quiet me time for us parents on the sun beds whilst the children were at the supervised activates and pool area.

The sea and beach is secluded and crystal clear. The only down side is the upkeep of certain areas in the hotel they were showing their age a little and more could be provided in the all ages games activities area. We are back there again this July along with other 2 families that we met there.

• Travel date: Fri 8th of June 2007

Ideal for the All Inclusive holiday

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"About 2 miles north of Protoras, bordered on one side by villas, this hotel is situated right on the beachfront. Guests are predominantly German & Russian with a few Brits thrown in the mix, but the staff seem conversant in all 3 languages. We had a side sea view room, complete with balcony, overlooking the sea to our right & direct;y across a tiny little bay. The rooms are a good size with comfortable if not hardish matresses & the housekeeping staff are excellent. The desk staff were pleasant and helpful as were the restaurant staff.
The pool & garden areas of the hotel are fabulous & the dedicated children's area was very practical.
We stayed Bed & Breakfast & were very impressed with the combination continental style/English breakfast served in the restaurant from 7am daily. Themed Buffets at £8C were very good value too....not gourmet but decent.
Typical of the Med, the area comes complete with its own semi feral cat family...not so feral really as they depend almost entirely on the guests to feed them with scraps....sad.
Overall we enjoyed our stay there & would recommend it to all ages"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

Hotels near Crystal Springs Beach Hotel

Top traveller tips for Crystal Springs Beach Hotel

• kitkatkitkat by kitkatkitkat

"Go without any hesitations "

• marilla by marilla

"If you like a good night life stay away! The Manager doesn't like loud music, and during the day he didn't like Nina playing music at all, apart form when she did her relaxation exercises. A bit geriatric! "

Crystal Springs Beach Hotel is also called