St. George Gardens Hotel Suites

Excellent

Reviewed Mon 25th of July 2011

"i wish i were back we had a wonderfull time hotel very clean, staff very friendly, food nice, entertainment was ok could of been better
will definatly go back again enjoyed ourself's so much "

• Travel date: Tue 19th of July 2011

Fantastic Holiday!

Reviewed Wed 8th of June 2011

"The brochure is a bit misleading in terms of selling it as a Premier Families hotel as you have to use the sister hotel (St George Hotel)for evening entertainment and it says there are daytime activites when it doesn't really happen, however, I can't fault anything else with the Hotel. We went with our 2 children and can't fault it. Staff are very pleasant and friendly bending over backwards for you, the rooms are very clean and spatious with kitchen facilities even though it is all inclusive which I think is useful to have. I could not fault the food at all - fantastic with plenty to choose from and all varieties of alcoholic drinks available. The hotel is right on the beachfront, there is a park etc and with 2 children there was more than enough to do. Let me put it this way - have been to various resorts before and never actually stayed in the complex for 6 consecutive days without leaving it so I think that says it all!!"

• Travel date: Mon 6th of June 2011

amazing holiday

Reviewed Wed 6th of October 2010

"we stayed st the st george gardens, next door to the st george. I found this hotel everything we were looking for. I travelled with my husband and two children ages 6 and 4 and we all had a ball. The food was nice and the drink was to. The good thing was it was all waiter service, even at the pool. Animation team very good and good with kids, the entertainment at night was good as well. I found this holiday very relaxing as it is a smallish hotel, never had to get up for sunbeds, no cueing for meals it was all great. I have just booked up again for next year, we loved it that much."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of August 2010

Fantastic Value for Money

Reviewed Mon 18th of May 2009

"We have just enjoyed a week long stay at the St George Gardens Hotel in Paphos, and would recommend this resort to anyone wishing to visit Cyprus.

The views overlooking the sea from the hotel are spectacular, and the grounds are very well kept and everywhere is spotless.

The staff were all very friendly, and accomodating. We were there for a family wedding, and the staff were fantastic in making the day as memorable as possible.

The hotel is a bit of a maze, mainly because it's built on a hillside, so you have to change lifts to get from reception on floor 4, to the restuarant on floor 1, but you soon get familiar with the layout.

The sister hotel next door (St George Hotel) is spectacular, and if you are on the All Inclusive package,you can take advantage of free drinks at the two main bars after 8.30pm. The entertainment in the St George's hotel was very good, with some nights better than others, but overall it helped to make our holiday very enjoyable.

The only negative that I would make, is that most flights from the UK to Cyprus arrive late on your first day, and you can't get anything to eat on the All Inclusive package after 10pm, and then on your last day, the All Inclusive finishes at 3pm (and your return flight will usually be a late flight), which is a bit of a con.

There is a good walkway along the coast, but it's too far to walk into Paphos Town itself, allthough you can get a bus for about 1 Euro. Paphos harbour is well worth a visit, and there's some good shopping too.

The restuarant choice was fairly good, with a reasonable array of meals for lunch and dinner, however it lacked spicy food and the childrens meals were a bit bland. But it didn't stop us all putting on plenty of weight.

The drinks included on the All nclusive package were excellent, especially the cocktails, which went down well with the ladies.

Overall, a very good hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of May 2009

Good - but no more...

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Stayed at the gardens for a week during September, as we were out in Cyprus for a Wedding.

The rooms were all clean and tidy, with ample space and a good maid service (except Sunday's).

It takes a while to get your bearings here, it seems they have just added bits to the hotel over the years, and its just become a maze to get about.

The all-inclusive option was good with the majority of staff friendly and willing to help. The food was of a good standard, but the lunch buffet was generally the previous evening's left overs.

The pool is small and shallow, I recommend swimming in the lagoon, which was excellent, outside the hotel.

The location wasn't great, quite a distance from Pafos, but there was a regular bus service which was always busy, so dont expect a seat!

Overall I enjoyed my stay here, although i'm sure it was more because of the company than the actual hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of September 2008

Great Hotel!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"Stayed at the St George Gardens for 2 weeks at the end of August with my wife and 2 children (14 & 9). We were a bit unsure of what to expect having stayed at the Phaethon earlier in the year.

When we arrived Christos on gave us the room key and explained where our room was but we had to go down 1 floor in the lift, walk along a corridor to the room block and then up two flights of stairs in 40 degree heat.

We had a sea view family room which was a large room with sliding doors to seperate the kids section from the adults. This was one of the best family rooms we have stayed in and was large, with 2 seperately controlled aircon units and a small kitchenette with 2 rings a sink and a fridge. Also provided was a kettle and tea and coffee making facilities that were refreshed daily. Maid service was daily with towels changed as often as you like. Beach towels are provided but cost €1.70 to change.

As mentioned in the other reviews the hotel is a bit of a maze until you get used to it and comprises receiption with bar, shop and internet, 4 room blocks, restaurant, pool, pool bar (with pizza express), pool with 3 spa sections, garden area with loungers and umbrellas and a small beach area that was not used much due to the larger one at the St George next door.

We went all inclusive and breakfast was the usual choice of hot, continental or cereal with a station that alternated between fried eggs and (my daughter's favourite) pancakes. Lunch was buffet at the pool bar which was a hot section with 3 or 4 choices or cold section which was various salads. A dessert section was also available with various cakes and fruit. This is available from 12:30 to 2:30, outside this time you could order burgers, toasties and pittas. There is a pizza express next to the pool bar which has a limited selection or pizzas and pasta available on the all inc on Tues and Fri but has to be paid for at all other times. Dinner is themed and has a good choice of hot and cold with a carvery each night. Drinks are served to your table and a nice touch was the local bottles of wine available on the all inc.

The pool bar is open from 10am to 6pm with waitress service to the sun loungers and included milkshakes, ice creams and slush puppy on the all inclusive. Contrary to previous reviews the staff were quick and friendly being mostly from eastern europe. In fact, the only bad tempered member of staff was German (but seemed to cheer up when dealing with German guests). The hotel had a good mix of nationalities staying there including Russian, German, French and Belgian during our stay with the mix being about 70% uk 30% other.

One big plus about this hotel is that you share the entertainment with the St George next door. The animation team of Babs, Maria, Tundy and Andy were brilliant. The daytime programme started at 10am with Pilates style stretching and went on until about 5pm with water polo, french boules and the "cocktail game" which changed each day and was good fun as children and adults had the same chance of winning. Evening entertainment was in the St George next door and was of a good qulaity for hotel entertainment. Out of 14 nights we thought 10 were of a good quality. If we had not been all inc we would probably have been on 7 nights. The all inc is available in the Geronisoss bar in the St George from 8:30pm to midnight with waitress service to the table. Drinks at the st george were between €4 and €5 so the all inc was well worth it. The entertainment starts at 8:30 with mini disco and then bingo where you get a cocktail for a line and not just a bottle of wine for full house but also a hotel t-shirt and cap (Wooooo!) The main entertainment was 9:45 for an hour and then music until midnight. Saturdays the entertainment is at the st George beach bar and is a beach party.

In summary this was excellent value for money and did not attract some of the louder types that would go to somewhere like the Phaethon. My final words would be don't pay through the nose for the St George HB or B&B but pay less to go all inc at the St George Gardens as you can use all the facilities and still enjoy the benefits of the all inc."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of September 2008

st georges gardens paphos

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"On arriving at the hotel we were warmly welcomed by the reception staff, who contined to be helpful and friendly during the stay. I agree with previous reviewers the hotel is a bit of a maze and getting yor bearings can be difficult,lots of steps as well although there is a lift. The pool is quite average insize although is clean and well maintined. Rooms are clean and well serviced the welcome drink and fruit was thoughtful, the room was spacious (although I do think there are diffrent size rooms in the hotel) st georges gardens is a sister hotel to st georges hotel-this is a mistake made by many although superficially the hotel is more impressive both hotels use each others facilites, the entertainment takes place in the st georges hotel. The allinclusive option is good and worth taking , premium drinks are served and icecream and soft drinks are of recognisable brands. Staff are friendly many were from other european countries and were hard working. There is a pizza express in the hotel which is available 2 days a week as part of the all inclusive, many outsideres come to the hotel to buy pizzas, and seem to use the pool , which for safety conscious parents would be a little unsettling, we were there this AUG 08 there was a group of lads decending on the pool area daily to use facilites and chat to the british girls.Beach is rocky and gravel not ideal for children.

Hotel is clean and tidy the animation progrmme although repetitive seems to be popular,staff work hard and are helpful. The only negative I comment on are the non residents accessing the pool.maybe there could be more snacks options available other than burgers and chips e.t.c -A relaxing holiday slighlty out of the way however for a quiet holiday I would recommend this"

• Travel date: Fri 5th of September 2008

good but not as good as before

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"went with thomson
6 adults 4 children
june all inclusive for 2 weeks

went here last year and loved everythink,
this time was good but not as good,
food is brilliant and the place is lovly and clean,
most of the staff there dint speak much english and were abit moody me and my husband were given single beds when we arive but we got moved right away to a double, the older couple that came with us were given a bathroom with a shower only with no bath and was told they couldnt move them cus hotel was full.
alot of german older couples with no children stayed there this time and you kind of get the feeling that they dint like kids being there, and we have 4 in our party, at 1 point my neace got slapped on the arm by a older german man because he throught she had touched a piece of ham with her hand which upset my party alot, will did conplain and he was made to say sorry but after that every german person and staff were rude to us.
other members of my family are going back there next year but i may be thinking once there is brill, twice there is not as good so i wont be going back to get more dissapointed,
would tell anyone to go there, great hotl resort and beach,"

• Travel date: Sun 31st of August 2008

Loved it!!!

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"We stayed one week all-inclusive at the St George Gardens Hotel. On arrival the hotel feels a little like a maze so it's quite hard to get your bearings but we were very pleased with our room. It was spacious, plenty of cupboard space, and we were provided with wine, fruit, and the use of a dressing gown and slippers for our stay. We paid extra for a sea view, which was beautiful but we spent very little time on our balcony as it wasn't very private being on the same floor level as the bar patio.

The food was good, no-one should ever go hungry here! Breakfast and dinner is served in the Vasiliko restaurant and they do try and make variations to the menu in the evening. Lunch is served by the pool bar, it was pretty samey but on Tuesdays and Fridays you could have pizza from the Pizza Express situated next door. Outside of meals times there were sandwiches, burgers or ice-cream available. The only downside here is having to sign each time for everything you have, and the waiters are so efficient they sometimes try to remove your plate before you've finished!

Each day there was various poolside entertainment- water aerobics, polo etc and for the evening entertainment we walked over to The St George Hotel. This hotel is certainly more impressive inside than our hotel but I was glad I wasn't staying there as the noise in the evenings must have kept families with small children awake, especially when it sometimes went on till 12. The entertainment was quite 'cheesy' , the better being the hypnostist and SHOUT shows. As we had hired a car we went to Paphos harbour for the evening where there are lots of restaurants and shops. Beware during the day as there are lots of people giving out scratchcards which turn out to be 'timeshare' presentations when you go to collect your prize. They seem to target over 35's so if you can pass as younger, say so to save yourselves your precious holiday time!!!

We tended to spend most of our days in the gardens overlooking the 'beach'. You need to get your sunbeds by around 8.30 otherwise you probably won't get one and you certainly don't want to lie on the grass as it can get a little sludgy after the sprinklers have been on them at night. Towels are provided but if you want clean ones you have to pay 1.71 euros for each exchange.The view from the garden is stunning especially at sunset, and we often saw brides having their photos taken at this time.

The only down side is the 'beach', it is very gravelly and when going in the lagoon I highly recommend buying shoes (available in hotel shop) as there are lots of rocks. I saw quite a few grazed legs and buttocks! The sea was also quite rough (even in the lagoon) so I wouldn't recommend taking 'little ones' in. It is ideal for snorkling and diving (you can even have a free trial on certain days) and there are some other watersports available e.g. jetskis (which we considered expensive at 45 euros,compared to other places we have been) . If you want to visit another beach, you can hop on a bus, just up the road from the hotel, which will take you to Coral Bay at a cost of 1.50 euros.

We went on the Egypt trip (we pre-booked on the internet as it left the morning after we arrived) and as other trips in Cyprus were fully booked we hired a car and did a similar itenary ourselves. If you are a family I would recommend this as most agency excursions are costly and most of the places we visited only charged 1.70 euros each (e.g.Kolossi castle & Roman amphitheatre/mosaics/baths). We also travelled to the Troodos mountains to look for the Monastery. It was certainly not what I expected but we had fun travelling along mostly forest dirt tracks to get there! The views are certainly worth the trip! By hiring a car (the roads are quite quiet and they drive on the same side as U.K) you have the freedom to look at other sights, just follow the brown signs( of which there are many) and see what you find!!! We came across a dam and had a wonderful scenic picture!

All in all I had a lovely holiday, and although I probably wont be returning as I try to visit a different country/ area each time, I would recommend this hotel to family/ friends for a relaxing holiday."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of August 2008

The staff were exceptionally rude with t...

Reviewed Fri 8th of August 2008

"The staff were exceptionally rude with the exception of only one!

We had arranged a wedding reception there with someone to be taking drinks for us that never happened!

When asking for our rooms not to be made up on certain occasions, they still went ahead and entered our room.

4 of us ate at the restaurant in the st. georges hotel and got food poisoning with me being in hopital the night before our wedding.

I had a wax in the spa and was left with burns under my arms, when i complained i was told something was going to be done and it never was.

food is average and not one thing is out standing in neither the hotel or apartments.

definately would not recommend the st. george!!!! "

• Travel date: Fri 8th of August 2008

A great family hotel

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Agree with everything previous reviewer said, overall St George gardens is a fantastic place with just a few minor things that could be better - these faults are just enough to only rate the hotel 4 star.
The pool ruined lots of costumes, so don't wear anything you aren't prepared to throw away, and it would be nice to have more local staff, as the hotel lacks the cypriot charm you would expect, however the staff are never less than efficent.
Getting around isn't a problem in high season, there are good local buses to pafos and coral bay every 10-20 mins, at 1.50 euro for adults, and 95 cents for kids, although in low season these buses stop running around 6pm.
Overall, if you've booked here, you will have a good time for sure, and as long as you don't mind being in a quiet location, I would recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of August 2008

Great for families

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"We have just returned from a two week stay at the St George Gardens in Paphos Cyprus (part of the St George hotel and adjacent to it). Overall we had a lovely time and obviously the fantastic Cyprus weather helps. The hotel is a 5 to 10 minute drive out of Paphos centre and we hired a car which we feel is necessary if you want to explore further than the hotel as there isnt much nearby. We travelled with two children aged 3 and 9. The apartments were clean and spacious, with kitchen facilities and we had a seperate bedroom (although there are studios which also have kitchen facilities but have a sliding partition door). The maid / cleaning service was excellent and the apartment was cleaned and towels replaced daily. We stayed on an 'all inclusive' basis (which does mean that you have to walk around with a flourescent wristband for the duration of your stay and BEWARE this expires at 2pm on the day of departure). We found that the food was lovely,however it could have gotten a little monotonous if we hadnt decided to eat out a few evenings (Popadums Indian restaurant up the road is absolutely fantastic and Fat Mamas on the road towards Paphos is very good too). Overall the entertainment as OK, however we were aware that some families were a little disappointed that, although a childrens club is advertised and does exist it really isnt what you would normally expect, however we never put our children in these clubs so we cannot comment further. Daily organised activities such as water polo, water basketball, water aerobics and football games were very good, and the four animation staff were excellent and worked tirelessly. There is nightly entertainment but only at the adjacent St George hotel, where there is a mini disco, bingo, quizzes and cabaret each evening, again we did enjoy our evenings, however again this would probably have gotten monotonous had we not had a car to go out on a few occasions. Now there were a couple of things that we were a little disappointed about. The pools have got ALOT of chemicals in, we and many other families ruined several swimming shorts, costumes etc and the chemicals completely bleached them and turned anything white a shade of green, also we heard a few families say that children had developed a bit of a rash and we did think that this was also the pool (baby pool isnt as bad as the large pool). Also please be aware that the 'beach' is man made, the sand is not soft and does hurt your feet and is difficult to walk on without shoes. Most of the staff are eastern european and we did find them quite sullen although generally efficient. Also you have the usual sun lounger dash first thing ... if your towel isnt out by at least 7.30am (for frontline poolside) or 8.30am for loungers in the garden area ...you dont have a chance!!! I did hear a lady asking for the hotel to change their policy on this and discourage it ,as sometimes you do find towels that are on beds for most of the day without inhabitants, however the hotel didnt seem particularly bothered about it."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

Hotels near St. George Gardens Hotel Suites

Top traveller tips for St. George Gardens Hotel Suites

• the Grays by the Grays

"great place for families with small children "

• chris by chris

"curtesy coach would be nice as you have to get taxi's to harbour and paphos town "

St. George Gardens Hotel Suites is also called