SENTIDO Cypria Bay

Poseidon Avenue, Paphos 08127 Cyprus

Good

Top Wedding Doo

"We got married at the riu cypria bay hotel on the 15th september joined by our 18 other guests and 4 small kids(15months to 6yrs). The food and drink was very nice and lots of it, although there was'nt a good selection of food for the small kids apart from pasta or spagetti.

Our wedding plans went so stress free thanks to our wedding rep Hether from Argo. She met us when we arrived and went through the wedding plans. She sorted someone to come to my room and do my hair and nail and also sorted the flowers out which were lovely. We also met the food and drinks manager to discuss what we wanted on the day, he also was very helpful. The day of our wedding was what we had drempt of and more.

There were only a few minor hicups but it didn't spoil it, like the grass was soggy under the gazeebo were i had to walk, my shoes and dress got quite muddy and also there was no music when i arrived at the venue. We got told it had been pinched.

There was one thing that let our wedding holiday down and that was some of the staff were Dishonest. We had a couple of things that didn't get handed in by certain staff. One was my handbag, i left it in reception in the early hours with only the night porter and receptionist on duty. When i asked that morning if it had been handed in i was told no bag was left. Secondly i (stupidly) left my digital camra on the chair in the disco room. I reported it to reception and was told i would have to wait till the house keepers came on duty. Same reply there was no camera left, the bar staff or the cleaners must have seen it. It had our wedding pictures and two little girls on it, very upsetting. We reported this to the hotel manager who was sorry this had happend and told us he would investigate this further. He didn't have the decensy to see us before we left the hotel.

So if you loose something certain staff don't hand lost property in. Very sad..

The entertainment girls were lovely and friendly my daughter misses them and keith too, Well done guys..

Top wedding, Top holiday... in all."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of November 2006

Nice & Comfortable Hotel - Very happy with it!

"Stayed at the hotel for a week....had a really nice relaxing time. Room was very nice and we had a lovely sea view and also a view of the pool which was pretty at night, especially when the sun began to set in the evening. Bathroom was nice and clean and the shower was LOVELY and powerful if you like your showers like that! Great choice of food every morning & evening (we were half-board so I cannot comment about all-inclusive) Outdoor pool was quite nice, clean and quiet. Plenty of loungers around the pool area. The indoor pool was also very nice indeed, pretty quiet at this time of year so you could have it to yourselves.

Entertainment was minimalistic in the Cypria Maris... had to go to Cypria Bay Hotel next door for some one night, wasn't my cup of tea as I'm pretty young (19) and it wasn't necessarily my type of music, but it was good fun and a good night nonetheless! Must bear in mind that at this time of year it was quiet so they don't lay on the entertainment as they would in the summer. Everyone of all ages was having a really great time and the atmosphere was great and I must mention that everyone else staying at the hotel were really nice friendly people and it made the holiday that bit more pleasurable!!

Hotel is in a nice location near a convenient bus stop with regular buses into the main areas. If you don't mind walking or taking a stroll into town, then it is in a pretty decent location to walk also. Also has a nice little supermarket and a cafe over the road to get all your bits and pieces that you may require! There's a small shop in the hotel that sells bottles of water, cigarettes, a few toiletries, postcards and nice souveniers - very handy. Beach is right on the doorstep at the rear of hotel so was really good to just go and sit on the beach and go for a walk when you wanted. The only thing I would say is that the beach is a bit rocky in places so be careful with your choice of shoes. It could also do with a bit of a clean-up as there were some planks of wood laying about and a few cigarette butts and plastic bottles emerging from the sand, but other than that, the water was nice to get into and there were plenty of sunloungers around, but they could get some new ones I must say!

I can see what others mean about the hotel being dark, but I see that as just the actual decor of the reception and lobby area, and to me it wasn't a major thing at all and didn't seem to me to ruin anything about the decor in the hotel, that was just the style! Which I must say is part of the character of the hotel.

Would recommend as it was a nice hotel and for a first visit to Paphos, and in fact, Cyprus itself.... it was great!"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of November 2006

We'll be back!!

Good

"My wife and i stayed at this hotel for eleven nights, we would have preffered to stay next door at the Cypria Bay but this is now all inclusive which for us anyway, lowers the standard. We were half board but would have preffered B & B but were told it was not available. Two or three times we opted to have lunch instead of dinner, this was served at the pool restaurant which was much more relaxing than the chaotic experience each morning and evening in the main restaurant. The pool area is very good but we opted to use the pool next door as it is more user friendly to the not so strong swimmer. Let me say now that we would return to this hotel again, but, the practice of allocating a table at dinner needs to be policed properly. On our first night we came down to dinner, chose an empty table and sat down, we did the same the next night, the third night we dined out, the fourth night we chose a table, ordered our wine and went to get our buffet meal. On our return we found another couple sat there, when we enquired of them what was happening we were told in no uncertain terms that this was their table for the duration of their holiday, something we knew nothing about, not having been told at the outset. The manager was very apologetic but the damage had been done and it was a very embarrasing situation to be put in, this couples abrupt attitude extremely upset my wife, we had after all come on holiday to relax, not to be stressed out!!. RIU management need to look at this practice more closely as it must happen time and time again, also, not everyone wants to sit in the same spot on every visit, its almost like being back at school and one could find oneself sat next to the "family from hell". In general the staff were very pleasant and despite this altercation we had a very good holiday, the location of this hotel is excellent. Cyprus is to die for!!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of November 2006

without a doubt........................FANTASTIC

"We decided to go to the Cypria Bay Hotel because we were getting married in Cyprus. The hotel is perfect for all ages. Not all of the wedding party stayed there, but they all wish they had of done !!! The wedding took place in the sister hotel next door, Cypria Maris and it was perfect. After the wedding we arranged for canapes and a cocktail reception this too was beautiful. I am very fussy with my food but can honestly say, the food was second to none! There was nothing I didn't enjoy! As for the all inclusive part of the stay this too was absolutely amazing. Freshly cooked food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Snacks were readily available, this is very useful when you have a toddler to look after!! During our stay there was a Cypriot wedding in the hotel and although a number of people decided to complain, this was no hardship to us as it was beautiful to watch and so much more glamorous than our weddings back home here in England!! It made me feel like a pauper!! We arranged for a sea view room when booking, and this too was lovely. Every day the beds were made up, the room cleaned, fresh towels and the fridge topped up with bottled water. All of the staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome during our stay. They all took a particular shine to our 2 year old daughter, Summer. We can't wait to go back next year for our anniversary, and sample their culinary delights once again! My husband and I recommend this hotel, as it was the best holiday we've ever had. IT CERTAINLY IS A 4 STAR HOTEL!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of October 2006

never a four star hotel

"stayed at this hotel the last two weeks in September.Did not consider it to be a four star hotel as we have stayed in many other hotels of this grade in Paphos and Cypria Bay did not measure up to any of them. The rooms were a bit on the small side but were kept spotlessly clean with towels changed every day (did not notice any stale smell from them) but there was a smell of dampness in the bathroom and the shower curtain was black at the bottom.This was not changed at all during our stay.Only one restaurant which was buffet service and although the food was of good quality it was very repetative especially at lunch time.The pool area is quite nice but the thing that lets it down is the poor condition of the sunbeds.Quite frankly they are disgusting covered in black mould with no mattresses.You can smell the dampness from them when you come out in the morning as they never get the chance to dry out because of the grass being watered.There are no beds around the pool they are all sitting on the grassed garden area.The other thing which was particularly annoying during our stay was a very large Cypriot wedding on a Saturday evening .The staff started to clear away the sunbeds at 4pm and guests were unable to use any of the bars in the hotel that evening. We were all shunted next door to the Cypria Maris .This hotel is not all inclusive and we were told we could only use the pool bar and not the one inside the hotel.There were a lot of angry comments around the pool next morning about the shabby treatment people received when complaints were made to the management but they did not seem to think that we had grounds to complain at all.Would definately not stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of October 2006

impressed

"I know a lot of people have commented on the hotel being rather dark and I think that is a result of the strange colour scheme of the wood. It always reminded me of wood preservervative. That's the only thing that was a possible detraction but really, a very very minor thing.

The service is excellent at this hotel and the food is exceptionally good. If you like deserts (and who doesn't) then this is the place to indulge yourself. There was always a selection of the wickedest deserts available and also a selection of fruits for the diet concious; dates, prunes, two kinds of melons, small local sultanas......and four kinds of ice cream.

I'm sure you have read about the cleaning crew and the towels so I won't touch on that. The cleaners always had a smile and a good morning when I passed them.

The pool is a good size and is deep as well. It's not as glitzy as the sister hotel's pool with its waterfall but it wins through its length and width if you enjoy a swim.

Plenty of loungers and shade as well if you want it, and you need it during the first days. A nice small beach with a bit of sand as well which is sheltered by its own jetty.

The clientele is mainly older people from what I saw so it was always quiet. I can't comment on the entertainment because I was out every evening.

I had hoped to extend the room hire beyond noon but it was booked. However I was given one of the bungalows ( a chalet really) as a courtesy room for 30 minutes when I needed it. Another example of the good service.

One minor point, make sure to take a pair of trousers as there is a dress code. No shorts or sleeveless tops for men in the dining room for evening meals.

I can't leave off without mentioning Chris Andreaou who runs a motorbike hire service just by the hotel. No fuss and a fair deal is what I found with him and a good selection of bikes, scooters and bicycles. (his beach buggies were very popular). Both he and his partner were friendly and helpful.
If you can ride a motor bike then hire one because the roads in Cyprus are a biker's paradise."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

fab 2 weeks

"We went to paphos to be married and stayed 2 weeks at the cypria bay and from arrival had a fantastic time. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed with a drink and friendly reception staff. The porter whom took our bags and showed us to the room was also very friendly and took the time to explain and show us our room making sure we were happy with the sea view.
The rooms were lovely and clean with the towls made into different shapes with poems and little sweets every morning.
2 large bottles of water supplied in your fridge every day.
Food was very nice, even my husband to be liked it and is a very picky eater.
Entertainment ok, but a bit repeative.
No complaints would go back. Our families were staying at other hotels around paphos and all commented how nice the cypria bay was."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of September 2006

Wonderful wedding in the gazebo

"Having read some of the negative reviews about this hotel before we tavelled I was worried it would not be the best place to hold my daughters wedding but I need not have been concerned. Were we even in the same hotel as some of the reviewers? Certainly not the one who mentions a dark reception with medieval weapons - that's the Cypria Maris next door.

From start to finish our stay was wonderful. The staff, from Food and Beverages Manager through the ranks to gardeners, were all friendly. The chambermaids cheery and effecient. The whole Hotel was clean and modern.

Complaints about the food make me think that some people will moan about everything just because they can. It was all to a very high standard, cooked in front of you in most instances, and the variety was amazing. The wine and spirits flowed freely, and we never waited longer than a couple of minutes to be served at any of the bars.

My daughter was married in the gazebo overlooking the ocean, and what a backdrop that made! The area was spotlessly clean, very quiet, and not surrounded by sunbathers (every brides nightmare!). The ceremony itself was warm and intimate. We had a champagne and canape reception in the main lounge afterwards and the whole thing was well managed yet easy going.

If we could repeat the whole experience we would, but unfortunately we only have the one daughter!"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of September 2006

Great Honymoon

"Honymooners From Portsmouth England.
We arrived early hours in the morning on the 7th aurgust 06. And from that moment on we had the best time ever, if you do not enjoy yourselfs at this hotel then you only have yourselfs to blame, I have to say we meet a very nice group of people that i am sure we will keep in touch with. the hotel was very clean, staff very nice, and food lots of. The entertainment needs a bit up dateing ,but after a few very large vodkas how cares.
yours sincerely.
Mark and Alison.(The Honymooners from Portsmouth.)"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of August 2006

Never a Four Star Hotel!!!!!!!!

"Just returned from a weeks stay in the Cypria Maris. Having read the other reviews before going, we decided to go with an open mind and thought perhaps some of the bad reviews were a a bit exagerated...THEY WERE NOT!
On arrival the Reception is dull and uninviting with a peculiar medieval theme. Staff were ok but few of them. Rooms were again medieval with 3 in room there was little space and only one electrical point for hairdryer etc!! Travelling with a teenage daughter armed with mobile requiring charging, hair dryer and straigteners etc, this was not enough!! Room was cleaned spotlessly every day, although on the first night my daughter had dirty sheets on her bed that we asked to be changed and we were handed a sheet by the porter who spoke no English..changed it ourselves (4 star????) Towels both for the pool and in the bathroom did not smell fresh and were stained.
Pool was lovely, spacious and clean. We were up early for breakfast so had no problem with sunbeds, plenty in the shady grassy area too.Beach great and good watersports on offer..recommend the Jet Ski!! A bit rocky in the sea so be careful with children.
Food nice but after 5 days very boring! If you dont like fish then its chips and nuggets! Same old deserts every night and just very repetitive. The Pool side bar was very poorly run. If you wanted a hot dog it was a 20 - 30 minute wait and then the waitress poured half a packet of crisps on top of it, added a sachet of ketchup and that was it...4 Star?? I think NOT. My husband attempted to use the gym on two ocaasions and it was locked, waiting for 20 minutes for a busy reception to unlock it!! A facility you pay for and WAIT to be allowed in!! On one occasion he could not stay for more than 10 minutes as the toilet was blocked and the stench was unbearable. He reported it to reception and it was the same the next day!
On checking out we had payed for a late check out at 6pm rather than 12pm as we had a night flight. The cleaner asked us to confirm we were allowed to stay as she wanted to clean the room at midday!! Stupidly we did...shouldn't a 4 star hotel reception communicate with its cleaners and give them a list of the late check outs!! We were running round sorting it out, having paid for the supposed luxury of having a room till late in the day!! Although the rooms were clean, the reception tables were stained and sticky. Generally this hotels needs urgent modernisation and needs to pay a little more attention to detail for the things that matter. Management walk round constantly checking the flowers and telling the gardeners off if they look a little wilted!! If they paid as much attention to the inside it may not be half as bad!! The underground area where the toilets are is a complete mess..dirty toilets and only 2 of them for the whole pool area! Loads of wasted space. This COULD be a lovely hotel with the space available and some modernisation but itll need a lot of money spent on it!! Certainly wont go back here..although would revisit Cyprus.

IF YOU ARE BOOKING HERE, THINK AGAIN! THE NEGATIVES FAR OUTWAY THE POSITIVES. GO NEXT DOOR TO THE CYPRIA BAY. ITS FAR MORE INVITING AND MODERN, ALTHOUGH I CANNOT COMMENT ON THE FOOD!

NOTE This hotel is about a 25 minute to half an hour walk away from the Paphos harbour although allegedly a bus runs from outsiide the hotel every 15 mins...we never managed to get on it as it was packed full. Its worth paying a little extra and getting a taxi back approx £4....although beware for the ride of your life...............horrendously fast and aggressive drivers!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 18th of August 2006

First visit but not the last

"We've just come back from 11 nights here all the staff are very friendly the hotel itself is lovely and clean. We booked a sea view, it was a lovely room on the 2nd floor looking out over the sea and pool area.
I must thank the hotel staff for their politeness, the young ladies on reception, bar staff specially Peter what a gentleman, the chefs, all kitchen and dining room staff you all added to a great experience.
I must praise the domestics for their room services the room was always clean and fresh - Well done ladies.
The food was plentiful and all tastes were catered for at all mealtimes. Thank you.
A special mention has to be made to the Animation team of Andrei, Johnny, Emmi and the new girl Aneesha who arrived the same Saturday as we did, these guys are fantastic came to know them very well and had a great laugh, in my opinion they made our holiday. Every day they went round announcing the upcoming activities for the day but were never pushy. These guys worked really hard were so friendly to all, young and old alike and full of fun. Their evening comedy shows were hilarious, especially their musical instrument sketch and Dirty Dancing!!!! (I won’t say what they did and spoil the surprise) In the daytime, activities included French Boules, water aerobics, water polo, archery and activities were finished off with a general knowledge quiz.
I really hope the hotel keep these guys on for next year because the place wouldn't be the same without them. These guys really need to be praised for all their skills. A very big thanks.
This was our first trip to Cyprus and it won't be the last.
Please keep this hotel as adults only as we enjoyed every bit of the relaxation, just one comment of improvement when it comes to refurbishment perhaps extra 13amp UK sockets around the dressing table, it was not the end of the world but 1 socket meant shuffling plugs around. Never spoils the holiday and will come back.
Many thanks for a great holiday. Clive & Lisa.
• Stayed June 2016, traveled as a couple

• Travel date: Thu 14th of July 2016

hotel cypria bay

"just returned from a weeks all inclusive stay and really enjoyed it. The hotel looked clean and modern, the chamber maids always presented the towels in different ways each day such as a flower, swan etc, a lovely touch!The rooms were spacious and clean, toiletries and beach towels provided. The food was lovely and lots of choice, they even provided a cold buffet for us as we were a late arrival on the first night. The staff were all lovely and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The spa is lovely and not expensive, well worth a visit!
The location is beautiful overlooking the beach and the poot area is kept very clean and tidy, we saw the water being tested at least once a day. We would definitely return, a lovely hotel!!

• Travel date: Tue 13th of March 2012

Hotels near SENTIDO Cypria Bay

Stayed at SENTIDO Cypria Bay? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for SENTIDO Cypria Bay

• hagan1 by hagan1

"lots of nice places around the harbour "

• pelling by pelling

"a pleasant place to spend a holiday "

• tomdiggerman by tomdiggerman

"The Rib Shack, great food, great service and good value for money, premises very clean! "

• excellent staff by excellent staff

"relaxed, safe for families and very friendly people "

• excellent staff by excellent staff

"chinese opp hotel, not pricey, wonderful food and staff "

• Cyprus1990 by Cyprus1990

"Lovely Area, Great For Couples :) "

• Cyprus1990 by Cyprus1990

"The Sea Our Room Overlooked Was Beautiful! "

• MickyLin by MickyLin

"Vasilias was best restaurant by a mile, little way out but what a meal. "

• sammyj26 by sammyj26

"go to lara beach haha its like something out of the film wolf creek - you may not come out alive! "

• broadway120 by broadway120

"Go inclusive. Its very expensive otherwise. "

• lollycat by lollycat

"The down turn in tourism has meant many shops and bars are closing early in the year. "

• the moorings by the moorings

"great choice of restaurants in town "

• DANDAN65 by DANDAN65

"Only ate at the hotel, would recommend most of the trips which your rep. will give you. i.e. Troodo "

• kayshaw by kayshaw

"Grazie Italian, Gabor the French resteraunt. "

• hoj by hoj

"Loved Paphos would go again and especially to this hotel "

• wiggsy by wiggsy

"Would seriously consider returning "

• benjdsmith by benjdsmith

"Absolutely phenomenal for weddings!! Brilliant!! "

• donza35 by donza35

"lovely relaxing, sunny hotel. "

• teejay1 by teejay1

"lovey,fab place why not book now ... "

• the parkers by the parkers

"very poor for the cost of the holiday "

SENTIDO Cypria Bay is also called