Good

Myself, hubby, two teenagers and mum sta...

Reviewed Thu 29th of June 2006

"Myself, hubby, two teenagers and mum stayed at Porto Paphos in May. It was a wonderful holiday and the hotel was lovely. We booked early paying extra for a sea view and it was superb. The hotel was ideally situated for the harbour, restaurants and nightlife if you want it but without the hustle and bustle.

We were in Cyprus for a wedding and the whole wedding party used to meet up at ours as it was so central. The rooms were clean, the hotel staff polite and helpful and the bar outside the perfect place to finish the evening off with a G&T. My mum had a poolside room which was an ideal gathering place for the younger children in the party and we could not have wanted for more.

I would certainly recommend this hotel. It's not large, it's not posh but that was part of it's charm. There were water sports just outside for the teenagers, and it was not far to walk to the shops for my mum. (Only word of warning would be make sure you have a sea view as the other rooms overlooked the road.

We paid to use one as a late check out room on our last day and realised that it could have been a completely different holiday if we'd stayed in one of those.) I'd go back tomorrow if I could!"

• Travel date: Thu 29th of June 2006

I loved this small and friendly hotel. I...

Reviewed Tue 7th of March 2006

"I loved this small and friendly hotel. It was right in the heart of the city with easy access everywhere.

The public areas of the hotel have recently been renovated and they were way above expectation for a 3 star hotel. I am looking forward to the renovation of the rooms as well as I intend to return. The view from the room was breathtaking. The food was really good (we were on B&B but we had lunch a la carte a couple of times).

The pool area seemed very nice, however in March it is still cold in Cyprus to swim. Overall a very nice experience at a very affordable price."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of March 2006