awsome

Reviewed Wed 25th of April 2012

"fantastic apartments looking over the harbour and castle in paphos. nothing to much trouble, all mod cons and cleaned daily, shops , resturants. bars all within 2 min walk."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of April 2012

My Boyfriend and I (both 21) stayed at t...

Reviewed Fri 8th of August 2008

"My Boyfriend and I (both 21) stayed at the Paphinia Apartments for 2 weeks in July.
The location of the apartmets were absolutely fantastic. 1 minute walk to the pool, 5 minute walk to the castle on the harbour, 5 minute walk to bar street. 2 minute walk to the bus stop, 10 minute bus ride to coral bay and 5 minute taxi ride to the waterpark, 2 minute walk to the watersports which were very reasonably priced. we went on a jet ski (a double one was 40 euros for 20 minutes and a single one was 35 euros for 20 minutes.) I would say that the location of these apartments are definately the best in Paphos and they also come with an absolutely fantastic sea view.

The apartment itself was big, spacious and clean with plently wardarobe space. The bathroom and kitchen was lovely and the air con was ice cold at 5euros per day which was essential in 40+ degree heat.

The only downfall of these apartments was the pool area. It could do with a bit of a revamp, however it was quite alright for us and we used it everyday. The day before we left new sunbeds were delivered so they may well be refurbishing the pool area soon.

The staff were extremely friendly and would do anything for you. However, Salomi would often go out during the day and leave reception unattended but it was never longer than 20 minutes or so. The safes are situated in the reception area at just 2 euros per day.

Coral Bay is lovely and well worth a visit. Watersports are also available here but are a little more expensive than on the paphos harbour front. Sunbeds and Parasols are reasonably priced at around 3 euros for the whole day.

The waterpark is a must!!!!! Excellent day out. 28euros entrance fee and everything is free once you get in apart from food and drink. No need to carry money around with you as the barcode on your wristband that you are provided with is scanned when you purchase something and before you leave the park you pay off what you owe. Excellent idea!!! Plenty rides and the ques arent too long neither.

Bar street is no more than 5 minutes away from paphinia apartments and is full of bars and clubs. Its not too rowdy which is nice and most drinks are buy one get one free in all bars and clubs. Average price was 10euros which gave you 4 drinks... not bad!

The harbour is ok but once youve seen it, youve been there and done that.

The local supermarket saved us a massive amount of money. Very fairly priced and everything english was on sale. Fresh bread rolls were 15 cents (10p) and were lovely for dinner rather than paying a ridiculous amount of money in a restaurant.

Plenty restaurants available to eat out at night. We particularly enjoyed "Tea For Two". It sold a variety of english food from Bangers and Mash to Spaghetti Bolognese and it was excellenty priced. Our meal and drinks together were always around 20euros which we thought was fantastic and again saved us more money for the jet-ski's! :D

The weather was absolutely gorgeous for the whole 2 weeks. We got back 2 weeks ago and are booking again for a week in September.
Overall, love Cyprus itself... 10/10. The Paphinia Apartments... 8/10 (Great holiday base)"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of August 2008

These apartments were in a great locatio...

Reviewed Wed 28th of May 2008

"These apartments were in a great location but prices in Cyprus are very high. This was my fourth visit and it will be my last. Although you CAN get a meal a great deal cheaper than in the UK - everything else is very very expensive and I am sure that is where most of the money is made - IT IS COMPLETELY OVER THE TOP. Small tea/coffee £2 upwards, small fresh orange. £3.50, small perrier water £3.50 small beer £2.00 upwards, ice cream sundae £5.00. I just can't imagine how this destination is affordable for a 2 week stay for the average family. I was sat next to a guy on the aircraft on my way home and he commented that he was over for a wedding and could not get over how expensive the place was and nor could others in the wedding party - he said he was by no means a penny pincher but it was just a total rip off and he would never return (HE UTTERED MY SENTIMENTS) In as country where the average wage is far less than the UK but you get charged £2.00 for a tea bag is shocking to say the least. I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT CYPRUS WILL PRICE THEMSELVES RIGHT OUT OF THE MARKET. Next time I will choose a destination where proprietors are happy with a tidy profit and do not resort to EXTREME GREED."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of May 2008

Just returned from a week in Cyprus and...

Reviewed Wed 28th of May 2008

"Just returned from a week in Cyprus and don't imagine I will ever go back. This was my fourth visit so I have obviously liked the place, even though it is more expensive than many other destinations. Many folk on the forum have stated how a meal is much cheaper than in the UK and depending on where you go that is true, BUT, it is about all that is cheaper and almost all places make most of their money from everything else which is MUCH MORE expensive than the UK. Small Tea or Coffee, £2.00 upwards, Small fresh orange £3.50, Small perrier water £3.50, Ice cream almost £5.00, Small beer £2.00. I can't imagine how much money a family with kids would need for 2 weeks. A guy sat next to me on the aircraft had gone out for a wedding and commented he was shocked at the prices, (as were most folks in the wedding party) and he would never go back - I certainly feel the same. Cyprus is becoming the least affordable destination in Europe. (£2.00 for a tea bag) in a country where people earn far less than in the UK is completely unbelievable."

• Travel date: Wed 28th of May 2008

The location is perfect, minutes (mostly...

Reviewed Tue 15th of May 2007

"The location is perfect, minutes (mostly seconds come to think of it!) away from everything you need. Including banks, bars busses, beach, and pool.

Massive balcony's in the 2 bedroom apartments with an excellent view. The road is obviously quite busy so can get a little noisy in the evenings if you are an early to bed person, but after midnight no problem.

I have stayed at these apartments 3 times now and although a little basic are roomy and well maintained (I understand they have been renovated since last year as well!).

For a great value holiday in a superb resort I would not dare to put anybody off.

I have found Libra very good for the last two years for prices etc."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of May 2007

First visit to Cyprus last year, stayed...

Reviewed Tue 24th of January 2006

"First visit to Cyprus last year, stayed in Paphos, good apartment with excellent sea views. Found Paphos a little expensive but lots of places to eat and drink, with bar street if you want a louder experience!

Best beach I found was Corallia beach, one stop further on the bus from Paphos than coral bay, but not as busy. Caught bus from harbour in Paphos, beware timeshare touts, they prey on people waiting at this bus stop and heading to the harbour, and can be rather annoying. Don’t let it spoil your holiday. Be polite but firm and tell them you are not interested. Do not go with them! ....sorry, I digress...

Hired a vitara for a week for only 66 euros and got around the island, it was great. Found little cafe overlooking Lara bay in the middle of nowhere.. Or so I thought until the jeep safari arrived! Also went on trip to northern Cyprus, very different and worth the visit.

As a whole I enjoyed my visit to Cyprus, and may return and stay elsewhere, probably Protaras. Recommended."

• Travel date: Tue 24th of January 2006

Hotels near Paphinia Sea View Apartments

Top traveller tips for Paphinia Sea View Apartments

• Philip W by Philip W

"plenty to do within walking distance. or use local bus only 1 euro to travel nearly anywhere "

Paphinia Sea View Apartments is also called