The Indoor Pool at the Paphiessa Hotel

Good

The Worst Hotel I've Stayed In

Reviewed 7th September 2016

"This is the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in. As soon as we walked into the room we were greeted by a dead Cockroach and a swarm of Ants around it. Through the holiday I have had to get someone into the room 4 or 5 times to get rid of the Ants that we're all over the floor, walls and even the beds. All around the room we had cobwebs that were full of Ants that had been there from the day we arrived and we still had them when we left. One of the times when we had Ants, we had to move the beds to get to spray them. The amount of dust, dirt and hair under the beds was disgusting and proved it hadn't been cleaned under them for a long time. On the walls we had stains which looked like someone had spat on them and it was clear that there had been no attempt to clean it off. The filter on the air conditioning unit was full of dust and dirt, and was the same in two other rooms that I went in. One night someone was sick right on the edge of the main swimming pool and some of it must have gone in the pool. Over a week later when we left, it was stained as it had never been clean up even though the cleaners had walked past it every day. The holiday was supposed to be all inclusive but that lunch time we had to choose a meal from a set menu and not allowed to order any more if you wanted anything else. The breakfast was the same basic choice everyday of porridge, boiled eggs which a few times had gone bad, toast from stale bread and cereal with milk that at times had curdled. The lady who worked in the restaurant at breakfast time was very rude and had an attitude problem which we complained to the management about. Before someone makes a comment and says you get what you pay for, we paid £3300 for two adults and a child, so I would have liked to get what we paid for. There is many other bad things that I could say about this hotel but the best thing I can say is stay away from here and go somewhere else."

• Travel date: 23rd August 2016

Appalling

Reviewed 6th July 2015

"Dreadful place, save your money and go elsewhere. The food is disgusting, rooms are filthy and full of ants, cleanliness is a disgrace. Bar staff have an attitude problem and think they are doing you a favor. Pool and outside seating area infested with cockroaches at night. Very expensive for drinks. Not a nice experience staying here, also open to non-residents. Would be closed down by H&S if it was in the UK."

• Travel date: 4th July 2015

Worst Hotel I have ever Stayed in,In Cyprus.

Reviewed 30th March 2015

"Booked in to stay at this Hotel from the 10th-24th March.Only managed to stay 5 nights before I left and went somewhere else.Food is horrendous at this hotel and the Hygiene of the staff in the dining area is something to be desired.Picking their noses or fiddling with their hair at Breakfast time and then picking up the cutlery to lay it out on fresh tables.Cups and plates were stained,Milk had gone off one morning,started to curdle.The fruit you get at breakfast which consisted of apples cut up in a bowl were recycled again for dinner.Any left over food from breakfast was bought out again at Dinner time. My room was filthy and dirty,Stains on the bed sheets.I had 5 swim dresses stolen from my room.2 of them were new.my mobile phone and a brand new dress got stolen too.Staff obviously took it upon themselves to invade my personal space and steal Items that I worked hard to pay for.How dare they? I got ill whilst I was at this Hotel.Suffered from Diarrhea and sickness.I had to be treated with anti-biotic whilst I was there.I confronted management about the poor standards at this hotel and my Illness and he told me to prove it.I told him I would quite happily give him a sample of my feces if he wants to test it. I found his attitude rude and unprofessional.He does not care about and lacks good communication and hospitality skills. Manager took around 3 weeks to fill the swimming pool using a hose pipe.whilst the pool was filling up,other holiday makers were jumping into the pool and blatantly urinating into it.The pool had not been treated with chemicals --health and safety risk.Broken slabs round the pool,cracks on the surface of the pool.Dirty sun beds.This hotel needs a total re-vamp. Manager of this hotel was actually seen adding his own reviews for this Hotel.This is out of order and is not a true reflection of what this hotel is like. I am Half Greek Cypriot and half English and I know only too well how some of these Greek Cypriots are who manage these hotels in Cyprus.I was not prepared to be made a fool of.I walked out of this shambles of a hotel for the sake of my Health and found somewhere else which thankfully was much better., Anyone booking to stay at this hotel-be warned it is a low budget Hotel.Hygiene is below par along with health and safety. "

• Travel date: 28th March 2015

Great place for the price!

Good
Reviewed 26th December 2012

"The staff at this hotel are friendly, Nicos the owner is brill, he says if you don't ask you dont get. So ask and you will get it! For the price you pay it is great. Maids around everyday, had to ask for extra blankets but not a problem when went to Nicos. Needs a little updating but it is clean. Taxi company in the shop across the road will take you to the airport for 20 euro if you haggle. Couldn't find any beaches, all rock. Nice pool area."

• Travel date: 25th December 2012

Reviewed 24th November 2012

"Where to start: We stayed in the apartments across the road. To call this a 3 star hotel is a bit ambitious, the room was clean and tidy, not a trace of ants or roaches as mentioned in other comments, it was a reasonable size, a good size balcony ... BUT the kitchen was very bad, a fairly modern microwave, a very ancient looking 2-ring table-top electric cooker, more like a camping stove except it was electric. There was no electric kettle (that was an extra), so we used a saucepan to heat water for tea etc.. There was a truly ancient fridge which hummed and wined and creaked all night and occasional loud bang came from it and the door didn't close properly. Kitchen utensils were grim, very few of them, enough cups, plates etc for 2 people. In the bathroom, plenty of hot water, no complaints there, but the shower was very grim, with a shower head that continually crept down the rail, the hose was squirting water out in all directions, it was only possible to shower by hand holding the darn thing, the shower curtain was too short and so water continuously poured onto the floor outside the bath. The bed was like laying on a wooden board with a sheet over it, very uncomfortable (yes I know some people like a hard bed, but this was extreme). We didn't eat in the hotel so can't make any comment about it, but we did go into the hotel section for a look round and it certainly looked a very comfortable pleasant place to spend an evening, a bit old fashioned perhaps but not at all bad. The staff that we met - two, the receptionist and room cleaner - were very polite, but the rooms were only cleaned 4 or 5 times in the two weeks we were there, the cleaner didn't have a vacuum, only a mop and bucket which cleaned the floor and left the bits where they were, useless. If you're looking for basic and cheap this may be the place for you, for me? I won't call here again."

• Travel date: 23rd November 2012

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"I go here often with my family, i found it very clean and well managed it is a dated hotel but that doesn't matter. All staff are friendly and well mannered, always come here when in cyprus :)"

• Travel date: 15th November 2012

Aggressive manager, Nicos Paphiessa Hotel

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"We found the rooms to be superficially clean, but there were cobwebs, fluff and hair from at least the last guests. Cooker (two ring) needed to be replaced immediately. Toilet was blocked on each (solids) use and then needed to be flushed with many bowls of water each time. We lost our key to the room. we were told it would cost 35 Euros - we thought this very expensive to replace a key. However, we were told by the manager Nicos, that the lock cylinder would have to be replaced to preserve the security of the Hotel, this seemed acceptable. When we picked up the new key (from the Managers sister) we asked if the cylinder had been replaced and we were told no, and that the locksmith had just cut a key which we were given and we paid 35 Euros. We actually knew at that time that the cylinder had not been replaced (due to obvious scratches on the cylinder). As we had been lied to about the cylinder replacement supposedly because of Hotel security, we confronted the Manager Nicos saying why the cylinder had not been replaced and only a replacement key cut. Nicos was extremely rude and abusive so we just walked away. Would not recommend Paphiessa Hotel or the self-catering apartments "

• Travel date: 12th November 2012

Paphiessa Hotel

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Just spent another week here, our sixth stay in seven years, and enjoyed a very relaxing and enjoyable break. The staff are always pleasant, friendly and helpful, the room was immaculate, the gardens remain very attractive and well cared for and the hotel facilities are excellent. Breakfast is not to be missed and the one buffet we attended was lovely. We never tire of this hotel and, hopefully, will be returning in 2013. "

• Travel date: 29th October 2012

faulty towers

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"We were very dissapointed at the accommodation we got in this hotel we went self catering and had a studio across the road from the hotel.The sheets were sewn together and not sure what colour they were but definately not white,the shower was awful it had blue hosepipe half way up the hose when you had a shower the floor was swimming with water.there was black mould round the bath ,they had the cheek to ask for 7euros per day for air conditioning and if you wanted a electric kettle they charged you 10euros,we didnt bother we stuck with the old whisling kettle,would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy wont be back.we never got assistance to find our appartment when we arrived ,we were left on our own to find it in the dark."

• Travel date: 22nd October 2012

Enjoyable holidays

Reviewed 28th September 2012

"I stayed in this hotel with my girlfriend last week of August. We really enjoyed our stay: room was very clean and tidy, we had a lovely sea view; they served very good breakfast with variety, we usually dined out in the town but twice we stayed in the hotel restaurant for diner and enjoyed it. Location was very convenient - because we love to just go out and explore the surroundings, and with the shops and the harbour, churches and museum within walking distance, it was just want we needed. And the price was really reasonable!"

• Travel date: 28th September 2012

You will fall in love with everything in this lovely hotel

Reviewed 14th September 2012

"My friends and I stayed at this hotel for 11 nights, and we never found ourselves bored. Even when you're out of pocket, there are always fun things to do at the hotel, there is entertainment every night, and the atmosphere was always fun and so friendly. The staff were amazing, you could have long conversations, jokes and they're always very helpful. The rooms were cleaned every day, and if something wasn't to your satisfaction, they'd fix it for you asap. They did everything they could to make it an enjoyable visit, and they did so with flying colours. Special thanks to Nicolas and Nikos - the gems of the Paphiessa Hotel."

• Travel date: 10th September 2012

If you like cockroaches you have to stay here

Reviewed 14th August 2012

"Well were do we start?Firstly the stay we had was not a holiday,we had to attend my brothers funeral,so thought it best to stay for 5 nights b&B.Not knowing any hotels in Paphos we thought a small family run hotel would be just what we needed.BUT the room was really dreary,carpets dirty,curtains torn and too heavy so shut out the air,the air condition did not work properly so we had to have the balcony(ha thats a laugh)window open,all night so we got bitten to pieces.going to the loo one night a cockroach ran over my husbands foot,then we had another one in the room.The fan in the bathroom didnt work and the tiles were falling of the walls,and some sort of insect was comming from the back.Now as for the breakfast,there was cornflakes,hard boiled eggs,one sided toast or cheese and german sausage.Oh and to drink squash,tea or coffee.We read some of the other reviews,and all i can say is we must have stayed in a different hotel,because we couldnt wait to get back to UK.We are both in our 70s and defanatly would not recommend the Paphiessa,and would give this hotel 1* because it is walking distance from town."

• Travel date: 14th August 2012
  • ...

Hotels near Paphiessa Hotel

Top traveller tips for Paphiessa Hotel

• by MissyM72

"DO NOT EAT THE FOOD.SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR HEALTH."

• by Lysall

"The harbour was lovely"

• by Lysall

"A lovely, friendly resort out of season, can"

• by terrible hotel

"Avoid this hotel, its the hotel from hell"

• by Michelle

"Go to the Tourist Info place earlier in your hols and take the local buses. Only 2 euros for a day travel ticket in the western area of cypr..."

• by zmadden3735

"great restaurants and family attractions near by"

• by opal

"Avoid it like the plague"

• by Claire.R

"If self catering take a right at the main road, theres a supermarket bout 10mins walk with everything you will need,chops,fish,bread,steak,d..."

• by Ginny M

"don't go half board - b and b would be better"

• by petite

"Tea fo Two, TROODOS. FAMAGUSTA, EGYPT"

• by petite

"Expensive, plenty to do, "

• by Chrissybmh

"Very hot even in October, wear a sun hat. Paphiessa Hotel is a 20 minute walk to resturants/harbour where you can swim, but beach is 2-3 km ..."

• by Anne

"Not for you if you want a beach holiday"

• by LJenkinson

"A visit to Polis & Latchi is highly recommended"

• by crackerjack

"The Tombs of The Kings "

• by crackerjack

"Fantastic place to visit "

• by globetrotters

"don't waste your hard earned money"

• by Tommy W

"Best tip is to avoid the place altogether, its horrendous."

• by hotel from hell

"Do not book this hotel"

• by  A Powell

"Went on the big yellow bus tour excellent had a right laugh"

Paphiessa Hotel is also called