Pagona Hotel Apartments

Ikarou 17, Paphos 8041 Cyprus

Good

We stayed at the Pagona apartments in Oc...

"We stayed at the Pagona apartments in October 05. It was fantastic the apartments were nice big and clean.

Andraos and Neo who worked behind the bar was really nice, would do anything for you and the food at the snack bar was good and the pool area was kept nice and clean.

It was set in a nice place it was only 10 mins from all the shops and restaurants. We would recommend the Othellos restaurant for a meal. The food was really nice and the service was good.

We would recommend the Pagona apartments to anyone, it was really nice. We did not want to come home and cannot wait to go back."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of June 2007

The apartments are very well run by the...

Good

"The apartments are very well run by the family and all the staff. The only problem I had with these apartments is the older couples who visit here two or three times a year and think they own the place.

I have just returned after two weeks with my partner and my son who will be five come January. Some of these older people one in particular moaned about my son making noise around the pool and splashing water on them while they lounged around the kiddie's pool?

The family and the staff were always polite and well mannered, the food was good and the whole area was clean and tidy. The apartments should not be advertised for families though as there are also signs around the pool stating there should be no running or noise around pool (can you keep kids quiet for 14 days)..............NICE COMPLEX BUT DON'T GO IF YOU HAVE YOUNG KID'S (Libra=go with someone else these are crap)

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

My boyfriend and myself booked a week’...

"My boyfriend and myself booked a week’s holiday in the Pagona Apartments and all I can say is I wish we hadn't!

Upon arrival everything looked good, the pool was lovely and our apartment was OK apart from a broken shower (which was fixed quickly) however whilst checking in the receptionist was grumpy, rude and very unhelpful!

We opted to hire a safety deposit box, which IS essential as on our third night our apartment was broken into! Our bedroom had been turned upside down and my boyfriend’s suitcase had been removed from where is was under the bed and cut open with all of our belongings thrown all over the room. There had been no forced entry into the room and we were immediately suspicious why someone had gone directly to the bedroom (nothing in the main room was touched - including my designer sunglasses!) and known there was a suitcase under the bed?

We contacted the manager on duty who eventually came up to our room and promptly told us this happened all the time and not to make such a fuss! He then continued to tell us to be careful as in the past they have returned demanding money! We then mentioned the fact that an 'electrician' had come to the apartment earlier apparently looking for something and had then left. The manager then started SHOUTING at us saying we had offended him and he didn’t have time for us and then stormed off! At this point which both of us completely shocked by his attitude we waited for a while for him to return …. Nothing!

I then went to the bar where he had returned to and as I walked in he walked out not wanting anything thing to do with this. At this point I said I was going to call the police, he suddenly reappeared saying he had done that already. Literally moments later two men dressed in plain clothes with photo card ID (not official looking at all) returned and said they would send forensics tomorrow! This never happened!

After a completely sleepless night we rang our Libra holiday rep Lauren first thing in the morning to discuss moving apartments. She said she had to discuss this with the UK office and would call us back. Two hours later there was still nothing. Throughout that day we continued to call the mobile number we had been given but no answer and we had no other contact details for Libra.

We decided ourselves, as we had already lost a full night and day of our holiday that we move ourselves – we are still waiting for a call back from Libra to discuss compensation!

After 3 wonderful days at the Almyra Hotel we were due to be flying home, only to arrive at Paphos airport to find ourselves and every other Libra holiday maker had not been booked on the flight home. Although we were one of the lucky ones who were given a seat 27 passengers including young children were not able to fly home. Again the Libra rep was no were to be seen!

I would advise anyone wanting to go to Paphos do, it is a nice (if busy) place but DO NOT stay at the Pagona Apartments and DO NOT use Libra Holidays!"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of September 2006

My Partner and me have been back for a d...

"My Partner and me have been back for a day and already missing Cyprus! Had a fantastic time, just a shame we weren't there for two weeks. You could not fault the place. The apartments, the pool area and the Jacuzzi were spot on and the staff at the pagona were fantastic, nothing was trouble to them lovely and friendly people.

The pagona is situated in a great place not too far away from the attractions of paphos but away enough to be beautifully peaceful with its own private road and parking away from everything. It's around a 5-minute walk to the bars and restaurants and around a 10-minute walk if not that to the harbour.

I would seriously suggest that you go to eat in Brazilla and the imperial Chinese restaurant and Agipinon as the service was excellent. Also we never had a bad meal in any of the restaurants, all of them had great tasting food with big portions and the service in all of the bars and restaurants was second to none everyone is so polite and kind.

The resort I would defiantly go to again its just right for couples and families as there is plenty to do and you can do the quiet relaxed holiday or the fun holiday as paphos is for all the family.

There is said to be lots of timeshares about but I never saw one once while in Cyprus!
Just be aware that the Cypriot pound is stronger than our pound so it is expensive in Cyprus as we got told that our pound is 70p in Cyprus money at the post office so we spent quite a bit of money but we had a fantastic time which is the main thing.

Next time we will book direct with pagona and we wish we would have the first time around, and not through Libra as they were appalling as it’s the second holiday we have been on with them and the resort and apartments have been fantastic but Libra have been completely the opposite there was a 9 hour delay and our rep was the rudest old women in Cyprus and left us at the airport and spoke to people like something she had trodden in, but we never let it bother us as the place was excellent and the best holiday so far I have been on.

We will be back to the pagona and Cyprus again next year direct and hope it will be as fantastic as it has been this time around.

• Travel date: Thu 31st of August 2006

Fantastic Holiday, want to go back! Righ...

"Fantastic Holiday, want to go back! Right, the people are very friendly. The prices are very cheap (£2C.P for 20 Lambert & Butler). Bar and pool are outstanding. Location 10 mins max from LOTS of bars and restaurants.

I’m 23 and my girlfriend is 18 and we stayed in a studio apartment which was very clean (cleaner came daily). Basic kitchen/cooking stuff, fridge, hob etc although as we ate at the bar in the day and ate out at night we only made use of the fridge.

Weather was HOT! Loads of sun beds. The resort was very quiet compared to other similar places I’ve been which was good, pool was never crowded.

Perfect to relax and sunbathe! 10 mins from sea. Would definitely recommend, and would definitely return. Oh yeah, you could have a 'Great' lads holiday if you wanted as an alternative to busy Ayia Napa.

Bye!

• Travel date: Mon 28th of August 2006

As honestly as I can be I have very litt...

Good

"As honestly as I can be I have very little to say about the Pagona Apartments themselves other than the Staff were very friendly and helpful, the whole area in and around the apartments were spotless, the apartments themselves were more than adequate with plenty of room, although they were a little dated i.e. 1995 MFI Kitchen and equipment if you get what I mean, but we never used it.

Outside of the complex is however another story, unfortunately it has become Benidorm in the making, property shooting up everywhere with bars and restaurants all losing their Cypriot Identity offering the same meals all with chips, all presuming that’s all the English tourist wants, the meals themselves were very disappointing in every restaurant.

It would also appear the young Cypriots have found out what Max Power magazine is with a number of juveniles racing up and down the seafront in there poorly 'maxed' cars thinking they are the bees knees. All in all I would definitely return to the Pagona Apartments, but I will make use of the 1995 MFI Kitchen for food."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of August 2006

The apartments are large enough to accom...

"The apartments are large enough to accommodate 3 people, there are cooking facilities in the rooms but we never used them. You can get a full breakfast for the bar area for £2.00 each and evening meals from around £2.80 so there is no need to cook. The family and staff are very friendly and helpful. This helps to make everyone staying very comfortable and happy.

The pool and bar area has had a lot of work done to it and was much better than we expected as this is not shown in the brochures or web site.

The beach and harbour along with evening entertainment is only a 10 minute walk away, There are plenty of excursions on offer but it pays to shop around as prices vary.

I would recommend the Pagona to one and all as it as been one of the best holidays we have had, with sunshine guaranteed and very reasonably priced coupled with the service it is hard to beat. I would suggest having the aircon at £3.00 per day as it makes sleeping a dream."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

Well what a fantastic apartment and a gr...

"Well what a fantastic apartment and a great holiday! With 3 sharing a room we thought the apartment would be cramped but not at all, in fact we were quite surprised at the amount of space that we had. Although basic the apartment had cooking facilities and a fridge however we didn’t use them.

The apartment overlooked the pool/Bar area. You are able to catch the sun from around 8am-8pm and the bar stays open on an evening until about midnight. It plays music and has a pool table also a good size TV screen for those world cup footie fans like us. Food at the bar is also good and reasonably priced.

The apartments themselves were nice and quite on an evening however for the more lively the local nightlife and restaurants are just a five minute walk away along with the harbour. You can have good days and nights here with a good selection of places to eat and party, there’s also a nice friendly atmosphere.

Money very well spent, I will be back Pagona."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of June 2006

My boyfriend and I have just returned fr...

"My boyfriend and I have just returned from a fantastic two weeks in Paphos staying at Pagona.

The apartment was very spacious with separate bedroom and bathroom and a fab balcony overlooking the newly refurbished pool and bar area (great for catching the last rays of sunshine after returning from the beach!)

Although we spent most of our time on the beach (a 15 min stroll away) when we did stay by the pool the staff were very friendly and always making sure our drinks were topped up! Prices in the pool bar were on par with the bars and clubs in the resort (£2.90 for a glass of wine and pint of Keo)

The apartment was clean, however our only minor comment would be that the bed linen was only changed once in the 2 weeks we stayed. Air conditioning is available at a cost of £3 per day but we found that by opening the doors at both ends of the apartment for a few minutes in the afternoon cooled the room down sufficiently!

As for Paphos... A fantastic resort which caters for everyone - with a good mix of restaurants (all cuisines), local bars and livelier venues - not as large as Agia Napa but cheaper and without the Chavs! We also spent a night in Agia Napa and Protaras and recommend renting a jeep to see the rest of this beautiful island and learn about it's fascinating history.

We will go back to Paphos and Pagona without a doubt."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of June 2006

Just got home from the Pagona Apartments...

"Just got home from the Pagona Apartments, and was very impressed with them. The pool and bar area has been finished now and it looks really good. The staff at the apartments are so friendly. The Apartments were very clean. We stayed in a Studio room, the rooms were bigger than average, and even with 3 adults sharing this room there was still plenty of space. Had a wonderful time and will return to the Pagona for sure.

The apartments are about a 3 min walk to all the bars and clubs and restaurants so it was excellent for that. Night life was better than what I had thought. Plenty of restaurants to eat in but also lots of bars if you wanted a drink later on. Its no club 18-30 type of resort, but has something to offer for everyone. Great for families and couples and single people who are looking for something a little more chilled out.

Stay at the Pagona you wont be disappointed."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of June 2006

What a fantastic place. Extremely friend...

"What a fantastic place. Extremely friendly, family-run apartments. Ideal location - only 5 minutes walk from all the bars and restaurants! Not too busy, always a sun bed available. Apartments are directly next to pool and pool bar, perfect.

Cannot stress how friendly the owners were, they were hands on, working behind the bar, on reception, and always there if you had a problem. Would have given ten stars but in the two weeks I stayed, pool was cleaned only once, which didn't bother me it was still pretty clean!

Enjoyed it so much I am going again this year in July, same apartments. Fantastic."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of May 2006

This was our second stay at The Pagona A...

"This was our second stay at The Pagona Apartments and for the second year running it didn't disappoint. Cleaners are in daily so the place is very clean.

In terms of location-it is difficult to beat. The restaurants and bars of Paphos are a very short walk (5-10 minutes depending on where you are heading for). You won't be disturbed by noise from Bar Street and traffic noise is minimal despite there being a new dual carriageway nearby. The donkey will welcome you on a daily basis and that is about as noisy as it gets (apart from when Greece won Euro 2004 and all of Paphos was a noisy party zone into the small hours but that was good fun too and easily shut out if it bothered).

The owners and staff are always friendly and helpful and I would suggest that you will be hard pressed to find better value for money. We traveled with Libra for the 3rd year running and will definitely be using them again. Normally we have a rental car which we drop off at the airport but this time couldn't do that (Easycar don't do airport drop offs). Ours was a later flight so we had the best part of the day to kill after checking out. No problems-suitcases left in reception where there is always somebody keeping an eye on things.

For 2006 we left it too late so The Pagona was fully booked-next year we'll act quicker because we love its location. The only thing that would improve our stay would be to have a TV in the apartment for those moments after the beach/sightseeing and before heading out for the night. Other than that, it can't be faulted and to be honest, the lack of a TV isn't that important."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of May 2006

Hotels near Pagona Hotel Apartments

Stayed at Pagona Hotel Apartments? Share your insight.

Pagona Hotel Apartments is also called