Leonardo Laura Beach & Splash Resort

Excellent!!

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"Me and my family have just returned from cyprus where we had a 7 night stay at the Laura beach hotel and it was perfect.
The food was gorgeous and a different type of food was available each day and night. The bar staff were polite and always laughing away with you.
We stayed all inclusive and we have to say, everything that was included in the package was amazing.
The only slight complaint we had was that we arrived at half eleven at night and when we got there we were of course hungry and there was no food available for us to eat, this i think should be changed as other people were arriving too and also hungry.
The other thing was that some of the reception staff were slightly narky and very un-polite where as others were the complete opposite. However they were very glad to help with any problems, such as our room had only a very small camp bed in it for me and as im 16 my mum was very unhappy with this, however we made a complaint and straight away it was dealt with and the bed replaced with a proper single bed.
The night life was brilliant and had a variety.
As i am 16 my mum found great comfort in being able to let me just walk around the hotel on my own accord without her or my family and know that i was safe.
It was a fantastic holiday, so good that me and my family are considering on going there again next year.

Brilliant holiday, recommend it to any one!

Kerrie, England, Blackpool (23.9.2006-30.9.2006)"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of October 2006

will not return

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Just returned from a week at Luca Cypria Laura Hotel. I cannot say it was awful but there were definately some problems. We found the rooms OK, but bathrooms very small and mould on the shower curtains. Other than that the rooms were OK.
The food - Well I am a fussy eater as I do not eat alot of meat, so if you are in to Fish forget it. Some days I had salad for lunch and diner, one day I just ate desert and some days we went out. I know the food was not impressive as my husband loves all food and some days he just would not eat at all. If you have kids I am afraid chips sausages and fishfingers is what they will be eating all week for lunch and diner.

We found all the staff to be polite and helpful, really we could not fault that. but the entertainment which was was all done by the staff was like a Butlins Holiday Camp, Rubbish!

There was a games room where most of the machines did not work. There were two Pool tables that were out of order until our last two days then when they were working there was no markings on the tables, one ball missing, hardly no heads on the cues and no chalk.

Overall rating - ok for somewhere to lay your head but no more!

Definately would not go back or recommend!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of September 2006

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here in S...

Reviewed Mon 11th of September 2006

"Myself and my boyfriend stayed here in September 2005 and it was the best holiday I have ever had. There were a few tiny things that upset us but these were sorted out and managed straight away.

Staff
All of the staff are fantastic, they could not have been more helpful to us both, we had never travelled on our own before and the staff and people could not have been more helpful if they tried. Especially Stephan, he worked his little socks off all day, and night sometimes. The only bad thing I have to say about the staff is that they are very underpaid for the job they do and the **** they have to put up with. The management are a very ignorant lot but the staff who work for him are fantastic.

Animation Team
As we are a young couple up for a laugh we got involved in most of the activities that were on offer, I even won the croquet one day and was made to get up on stage that evening to collect my certificate for doing so. And typically the night I got up to collect my certificate was the night Memo decided to introduce the new Club dance to My Number one by Helena , I don’t know if they still do that but I wouldn’t hesitate to go back to find out.

The Animation team worked there socks off from 10 in the morning to midnight. And never once did i see an unhappy face.

The evening entertainment was a real hoot always trying to get the guests involved the Animation team would run round like loonys trying to collect people for the evenings activities, I usually shrunk back in my seat but my boyfriend was always on stage.

The one time I did take part I was told that the show was not embarrassing as it was a game of Mr and Mrs so I thought why not, when I got on stage I was completely wrong it was so much fun though as the activities we had to do onstage gave everyone a good laugh, for example my boyfriend and I had to get under a sheet and swap clothes and we accrued points for how many of each others clothes we had on.

It was fantastic and I know that the animation team are constantly changing but while I was there we had the lovely Petra, the gorgeous Naomi, the incredibly sexy memo (we also made friends with a woman, who absolutely adored memo and found any excuse to get next to him) we also had martha and martina.

Room
Was lovely constantly kept clean and tidy by the maids and spacious and airy, we didn’t pay for a sea view room but got one which was lovely in the morning.

Food
One word delicious

Overall a ten out of ten, I have been on many holidays with parents etc but this has been by far the best.

• Travel date: Mon 11th of September 2006

Fantastic

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"We returned form 2 weeks stay at the Laura Beach. on 06/09/06 We had a fantastic time the rooms were clean and bright, the food was excellent with plenty of choice. There was a varied entertainment programme, with something for every age. My son and his friend aged 15 and 13 enjoyed all the activities provided by the Animation team. While my Husband and myself relaxed by one of the two pools. The staff were lovely. I was slightly worried before we went after reading some of the comments on the site. Once there my worries disolved completely. It was one of the best holidays we have had. The yellow fun bus is a must for a varied and different day out and Gary Dundee is a scream. It is quite a distance from the Harbour or the Old Town but there is a bus service. taxis cost £5 into either. Car hire is reasonable and there are 3 car hire places directly facing."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of September 2006

Hotel was clean and lots of room around...

Reviewed Mon 21st of August 2006

"Hotel was clean and lots of room around the complex, 2 good size pools one for kids and the other for swimmers. Lots of loungers available all day long.

Bar staff in the indoor bar, very bad manners and only seem to see you standing in front of them if they felt like it, although the staff waiting the tables could not be better. Outdoor bar was excellent service, animation team worked there socks off all day and night. Although some of the shows were a bit tacky for young ones to be watching

Rooms although clean could to with a little updating for a 4 star. (Hair dryer in room broke down 3 times, shower rail fell of twice,) ps take some coat hangers with you. I didn’t agree with having to pay to use the fridge in the room, the holiday was expensive enough without paying for safe /Fridge/ even a slush puppy drink for the kids had to be paid for.

If you wanted a bottle of water for the room this also had to be bought (unlike other All Inclusive where this would just be given out).

Food Lots to choose from and varied each night Kids menu was pretty good also, lots of Jelly. Cakes and fruit for dessert.

All inclusive drinks stop at 12pm so get a couple in before hand.

Staff 8/10
Indoor bar staff 3/10.

• Travel date: Mon 21st of August 2006

A Very Good Family Hotel

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"My Wife and two Children aged 8 and 9 have just spent 14 nights at the Laura Cypria which we thoroughly enjoyed. Excellent Food, Friendly staff and lots to do and see. We want to go back next year."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of August 2006

Kids loved it

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"We (myself, my husband & 2 daughters aged 8 and 5) stayed at the Luca Laura Beach hotel for 2 weeks all inclusive for the first 2 weeks of the School Summer Holidays (23rd Jul to 6th Aug).

We arrived at 10 pm on a Sunday night, threw our cases in the room and went downstairs to explore. There were still snacks available, the entertainment was in full swing, the pool area looked lovely, couldn't get down to the beach as the pathway was pitch black, but good first impression.

We had a sea facing "family" room, which was basically a double room with a bunk bed pushed along one wall. Saying that you could still walk around and there was enough room to store empty cases and all your belongings so it wasn't too cramped. Much to our surprise the room was cleaned and we had fresh towels every single day.

The food was far better than we imagined it would be considering they are catering from 7.00 am until 11.00 pm virtually non-stop.

For an all-inclusive hotel we were surprised to find that there was never a queue for drinks .... which was brilliant. If you sit outside watching the evening entertainment there is even waiter service (and Paul is excellent !).

There are 2 pool areas, one fairly new addition which is great for the smaller kids as it graduates in depth. The other pool is alot deeper with our kids out of their depth on the 3rd step down. There are also 2 toddler pools, one next to each of the larger pools. The great thing is that you get pool towels, one per person per family at the gym and you can change them every day.

The only downside to the outside areas is the lack of "facilities". There are no toilets by the new pool so you have to dry-off and go into reception to the toilet and there are no toilets by the beach.

There is a beach area in front of the hotel and we only went down there once. The tide was really rough and was bashing against the rocks. The Rep told us that there is a strong undercurrent on this side of the island and consequently the red flag was flying for the whole time we were there.

There is a kids club from 10.00 am until 12.00 pm and then 3.00 pm until 5.00 pm 6 days per week. It is run by one of the entertainment (or "Animation") team called Pepper. She is absolutely fantastic with the kids, BUT a word of warning if you have small children. The kids club room is situated by the old pool and it has no air-conditioning so the doors are left open and she can have up to 15 children ranging from 4 - 12 years so from a health and safety point of view it could be better.

Our daughters went on their first day and much to our surprise were knocking on our bedroom door 10 minutes later. Apparently my younger daughter was unhappy at being left so was able to leave the kids club with her sister to come and find us .... bearing in mind we had only been at the hotel for 12 hours I was surprised they found the room. Another family we got friendly with told us that their daughter had walked out of the club on 5 separate occasions and appeared next to them by the pool .....

The entertainment ("Animation") team are worth their weight in gold. There are activities throughout the day, a kids disco in the evening (we came home with the CD!), bingo (I know ... but I won a 20 minute massage) and shows. The evening entertainment is a bit repetitive in that they have 7 acts and they repeat them the second week .... do not miss the hypnotist he is brilliant.

We made use of the gym whilst we were there but it is not air-conditioned .... there is one small fan and after 20 minutes on the treadmill you will feel as if you have run a half marathon. Bring your old gear as it will get VERY sweaty !!

This has been a good holiday for us because the kids have had a great time .... and if they are happy and occupied then we are happy.

If we were holidaying as a couple I wouldn't go near the Luca Laura Beach in the School holidays !"

• Travel date: Wed 9th of August 2006

Loved it

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"Just got back from a two week stay. The food was very nice with lots of choice. The hotel location was excellent nice clean beach. It was very handy having the bus to the harbour out side the hotel.
I cant wait to go back next year..........................."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of August 2006

We visited this hotel early June 2006 fo...

Reviewed Tue 1st of August 2006

"We visited this hotel early June 2006 for a week where the hotel was relatively busy (but no where near full capacity - thank goodness!) Although I could not sit here and slate the hotel I would not have liked to have spent another week here as it became repetitive. The food was not to a four star standard, having stayed at three other hotels on All Inclusive basis the food here could not be compared with other four star hotels. The food was an issue! The drinks were also an issue - Yes 4 star all Inc all local alcohol which had in previous holidays- I like a drink but this was a difficult task!

The cleanliness of the main area of the hotel was superb could not complain about room service- clean towels daily, clean beach towels daily and room always spotless. The outer areas of the hotel do need some attention - especially the beach if you are a beach lover this beach is not suitable for full time sunbathing! with the locals joining you at the weekend- being a young couple on holiday we felt a little uneasy.

The entertainment at night was bad - the first night we got there we were faced by the Animation team leader in skimpy undies, parading in front of young children - not a very nice start. The daytime activities were good if you wanted to take part- no pressure the team were very polite.

Overall the hotel is good but if you have high standards and expect 4 star Cyprus to be the same as I expected I would rethink your choice of hotel- I recommend Sunrise Beach in Protaras!"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of August 2006

we all had a fantastic time

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"Having just returned from a fantastic holiday staying at the Luca Laura Paphos, I had to say what a supberb time we all had. There were 9 of us including my 4 year old granddaughter Amber everything from we arrived untill we left was brilliant. The staff were very good and really polite, if I could give them12 out of 10 I would. The food was very good with a great choice every day, the pools were also very good we stayed at the lower one.
We were all inclusive,there was no queing anywere for drinks at any time, and the children had plenty of ice cream. I had some doubts about all inclusive before we left, but I have none now.
All in all a really nice friendly warm and picturesque hotel.
One small complaint was discarded cigarette ends,there were bins provided, but some guests stubbed them out under there sun loungers, perhaps a couple of signs might help.
Looking foreward to going back in the not to distant future."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

Better than I expected

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"We returned from this hotel a couple of days ago. It was booked by my partner and after finding out which hotel it was I was a little worried (I had stayed in the sister hotel in Cyprus 7 years ago and was less than impressed). When we arrived the staff were extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. The rooms were spacious and clean with an excellent shower (over the bath) but the TV had a terrible picture and no English channels. Our room was on the road side but we didn't notice any noise throughout our entire stay.

I couldn't fault the quality or quantity of the food and drink. It is non stop from 7am til 10pm although I would say it seemed quite restricted (most nights blended in to each other with regards to choice) The drinks menu had much more choice than some all-inclusives I have been to.

There are 2 pools which never seemed busy and we could always find somewhere to sit no matter what time we arrived (2pm one day). The pool bar is not finished and there are no toilets close by. There are only 2 sets of toilets in the whole hotel which is inconvenient when wet from the pool. The beach is very small and rocky and a red flag is constantly flying so not child friendly. On the 2 occasions we walked down to it, no-one else was using it as the waves are quite high and when the tide is in there is no sand at all.

The staff were EXCELLENT. They got the balance just right by providing entertainment such as pool games, water aerobics, darts, table tennis etc but were never pushy like lots of places can be. THE STAFF ARE THIS HOTELS BEST ASSET. The evening entertainment outside was terrible. The only night we enjoyed ourselves outside was when a blues brothers act were performing. Inside, in Neros bar there was entertainment in the form of recorded music one night, a woman on an organ the next, recorded music the next and a duo singing the next. We had a great time but only because we made our own fun -don't rely solely on the entertainment. It appeared that we missed out on the karaoke night and the hypnotist so maybe we were just unlucky.

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I'm not sure it entirely deserves its 4stars despite the impression the reception area gives you when you arrive. It is more 4star than 3 though, I would say. I would probably choose to go somewhere else if I was to return to cyprus as a couple. If I brought my daughter I would definately return here as it is safe and child friendly."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of July 2006

As a couple with a small child we were l...

Reviewed Thu 13th of July 2006

"As a couple with a small child we were looking for quiet and safety and we got it here! The area around the hotel was desolate and barren (like much of Paphos) The hotel itself offered good quality accommodation clean and efficient, however the promise of 'sheets changed three times weekly', didn’t materialise even once in the fortnight of our stay. Hairdryers weren’t allowed although there was one in the room but this was very hot making us sweat and need another shower!! The daytime activities were super for adults, but there wasn’t much for kids under 4 years old except the pool. The kids club for over this age was good although there was just one member of staff to all the kids, so some parents took there kids out of the club when swimming lessons were on. Meals were tedious salty and tasteless, looked good, but wouldn’t recommend. The children’s buffet was very very bad consisting daily of chips pizza and breaded scampi this was all. Car hire is cheaper at horizon next door and to change money it is a better rate at the supermarket next door. The 'beach' is not advisable red flag every day, child died last year and current is unsafe, the sand is full of fags and ash, so no sandcastles! The pool is nice although there are many infections in it what residents picked up there didn’t seem to be chlorine in it. Staff didn’t speak English and many aren’t Cypriot but immigrants, during our stay two Iranians painting, slit the volleyball during a hotel game as they didn’t like it near them. Apart from all this I did enjoy my stay at the hotel and would go to this hotel again in a different location. "

• Travel date: Thu 13th of July 2006