Leonardo Laura Beach & Splash Resort

• tv channel one russia
  • tv rtr planeta russia
  • water park

Good

Will never go there again!

Reviewed Mon 26th of September 2011

"Just glad we already live in Cyprus because if we'd have travelled from overseas to what greeted us I would have been devastated.
We paid a lot more money to stay in an 'Executive Bungalow with sea view'. What we got was an old, shabby hut with no sea view, just the view of a hedge! There were cracks in the walls and plaster coming off. It was dirty and smelled like what I can only describe as a brick a brack shop. The TV only had one Russian channel, it was overcrowded with old shabby furniture, half the appliances didn't work and to top it off there were ants everywhere inside.
On booking the room (online), I requested a cot, and even stated we have an 8 month old baby. It was obvious we would have a pushchair but they still put us as far away as possible from the main hotel, and the only way to the bungalow was down a load of steps (about 20 to be precise), so you can only imagine how difficult it was trying to get a big pushchair up and down all the while. Certainly not child friendly there.
As soon as we saw the room we complained. Apparently there were no other rooms available, so we had no choice but to stay the night. The following day we were ready to pack up and go home but then all of a sudden they managed to find us another room (in the main hotel). Thing is, we'd only gone for 3 nights anyway, so the first two days were spent unpacking, packing back up, moving and then unpacking again. We should have been relaxing but it was far from that.
The 'standard' hotel room we were given would have cost a lot less than the 'Executive' bungalow yet it was so much nicer at first glance. However, there were white stains all over the bed and on the chair in the room (I certainly have an idea what it was)! The sheets underneath were clean, so we removed the top and just used those to sleep under. The chair went out on the balcony!
Overall, the hotel was poor. We went All Inclusive. The food wasn't up to much - everything was overloaded with salt!
I am just so glad to be home now! Never again will I stay, nor recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!
The only nice thing about it was the hotel porter who was extremely helpful and pleasant."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2011

Invaded by Russians !!!

Reviewed Wed 1st of June 2011

"Was so looking forward to a nice relaxing break. when first arrived thought yes this is nice. The food was nice lots of choice, entertainment was good and met lots of nice english people.
After a few days it all changed
We was invaded by Russians,and they were rude, arrogant and never waited their turn in the restaurants when obtaining their meals, they pushed, shoved and intimidated others.
It got to the point where we dreaded meal times, it was like a cattle market...
They were drinking treble vodkas all day and getting louder and louder.
This hotel is not a four star and I shall not be returning.

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2011

Fantastic holiday

Reviewed Fri 18th of June 2010

"We just came back from our 8 day holiday and had the greatest time.

This hotel is perfect. Food is good, service brilliant and the animation team wonderfull people.

• Travel date: Sat 12th of June 2010

very enjoyable holiday

Reviewed Thu 20th of May 2010

"I have just returned from Laura beach hotel and myself and five other adults had a fantastic time. The only downfall was the air conditioning in the room which didn't seem to be very cold therefore having to leave patio doors open all night which was fine as we were two floors up. I have to say some of the reviews we got about the food not being very good was in our opinion very wrong as we found the food to be great, there was something different every night which suited all of us. You are a bit out of the way but if you want a peaceful and relaxing holiday that is exactly what you will get.We hired a car for three days which was a great way to see the island and between six of us it was not that expensive. I would advise to go all inclusive as the drinks are very expensive to buy.All in all we had a great holiday and would return to this hotel again."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of May 2010

You Get What You Pay For.

Reviewed Wed 17th of March 2010

"I have visited the Laura Beach on 3 occasions. The first in 2002 when my daughter was married at Paphos Town Hall. The recepetion was in the Mezzanine room and was superb.
Ever faithful my wife and I returned in 2006 when she beacme ill and spent the last 3 days in hospital with some bug.

I went back on my own in 2008 and at the start of the second week I had heart failure. My wif and daughter were called over from England because I was not expected to live. As you can see I did manage to pull thorough but spent a further month in Cyprus 3 weeks in Paphos General Hospital.

Now having an infinity with Cyprus and the Laura Beach my wife and I are returning in our favourite month. October!
October is perfect as the normal temperature then is probably equivalent to the hottest day in UK.

There are down sides to the Laura Beach which have been covered by most of the reviews here, such as repetitive food extra charges for safe and fridges etc.

I do find that the Cypriot staff are a bit dour but the imported lads and lassies are usually very approachable.
(I do have a `T' shirt with the logo Everything Inclusive at The Laura Beach...A smile comes extra) The receptionists cannot see the joke.

I always hire a car in Cyprus because to go to another country and not explore its treasures is sacrilege, and there is one treat you payfor and die for and that is day out on Georges Fun Bus. It is and hilarious 9 hour bus trip. If you are interested here is the link. http://www.georgesfunbus.com/ If you book directly with him it is 40 euros each and nothing for kids under 5. Now this may seem a lot but you will get picked up from your hotel at around 9 am and returned a 6 pm. You wont want any food or drink. 9 hours of rib ticking hilarity. culture(Of a sort)and good food cooked right in front of you. Superb! If you do make an enquiry please mention Rich from Malvern recommended him.

If you book into the hotel in October 12-26 look me up and I'll buy you a drink. Names Richard W. Brown (Malvern)
Have a great time.

Oh if want a great English breakfast, a real pint, and watch live football there is a great place 100 metres to the left of the Hotel entrance."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of March 2010

great

Reviewed Tue 27th of October 2009

"our first time in cyprus, we have been all over the world, but very pleasantly surprised. lovely place lovely staff could not complain about the food. (lets face it we dont eat like that at home] no complaints. rooms cleaned every day , fresh towels every day, we have been on higher boards in places and never got that much.all in all we had a ball, thanks to all staff. if you find a fault than your to fussy, go elswere. because these people couldnt have been any nicer. thanks laura beach hotel see yous all soon. xx"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of October 2009

Disappointing

Reviewed Fri 2nd of October 2009

"The hotel staff were fantastic, and the maid service was excellent, however, when we got to our room we discovered that not only did you have to pay 40 euros for the safe but you did not get that back,the biggest shocker was that if you wanted to use the fridge in the room that was already plugged in and working is that you have to pay 2 euro's a day, even though it is already using electric !!!!!! That means an extra 28 euros on top of your all inclusive room (for a hot country, where you are advised to drink lots of water this was a joke) The meals were extremely repeatative, with chipolata sausages,blancmange scrambled eggs, fatty streaky bacon cooked in a deep fat fryer !and beans for every English breakfast, we couldn't face breakfast after a few days and went to Pathos for a proper one.
The pools were lovely but the toilets near the pool were absolutely disgusting, there was urine on the floors and the sewage had come up through the drains, you take your life in your hands going in there. The pool bar closes when the snack bar is open so you have to go through the hotel to the main bar for your drinks. The entertainment team weren't too bad although it is mainly child orientated, the spotlight entertainment ie Robbie Williams and Freddie Mercury wouldn't have even got through th auditions for X Factor !! If you want to keep your room on for late departure, you will probably have to pack up and move to another room and pay 40 euros for the pleasure !!
The rep for the hotel was only interested in the trips you could book with her, she never once gave information about the hotel facilities so we didn't discover helpful things like where the ironing room was, until we came across it by accident about 3 days before we left.
There is towel hire available, again, this wasn't mentioned at the welcome meeting.
All in all, would i go back????
A definite NO."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of October 2009

average

Reviewed Mon 28th of September 2009

"ok but would not rush back...food not enough choice especially for children....hotel a bit out of the way for getting into town etc.......wanted 2 rooms next to each other didnt get this my mam was put on different floor beware.....entertainment not good...parrot show lasted 5 mins...people putting towels on beds and then going to beach for day...shop in hotel over priced.."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of September 2009

Go do it!

Reviewed Thu 3rd of September 2009

"Awesome! Just come back from an 11 night stay and can’t wait to go back again. Kids club was three times a day and two hours a time (except Tuesdays). Hotel staff were fantastic. Hotel does need a lick of paint in places but all in all it was a brilliant holiday. Food was varied and you could easily make a different meal every night of your holiday if you wanted to. Location is a little bit out of the way but the buses pass by the hotel every 10-15 minutes from about 8am to 11pm and they’re not expensive. Never had any problems with sunbeds around the pool (apart from some people managed to get the same beds every day by leaving their towels on the beds for the whole holiday). The animation team are the best there is (big shout to Orsi, Tess, Niki, Alex, Rio and the gang!). Never been one for wanting to go back to the same hotel until now! Recommend the Akamas jeep safari trip – bit bumpy but well worth it. If you’re not singing the hotel’s party song by the end of your stay then what have you been doing??? Go make your own mind up – we did!"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of August 2009

pleasent and pleased

Reviewed Mon 24th of August 2009

"Our first time at laura beach in paphos, and we could not have wished for a better hotel.

The staff were friendly, pools were very clean, the rooms was cleaned every-day, not one complaint about the food which was offered to us, every meal was nice to eat.

The amination team for the kids and adults were excellent, they worked long hours for the people on holiday and kept you entertained, day and night.(if you like cash bingo ladies then i need to say no more).

Would recommend this hotel to anyone who is undecided where to stay in paphos, we really enjoyed the pleasent staff and pleased with the hotels facilities.

STEVE AND JULIE CRESSWELL, FROM MANSFIELD NOTTS."

• Travel date: Fri 21st of August 2009

our annual trip to paradise

Reviewed Mon 9th of March 2009

"just booked two weeks in august for my wife and me 7th year at laura beach 10th year in paphos we cant fault this hotel in any way nothings to much trouble food always good and plenty of it cleaning staff on the go all day our room always immaculate we would reccomend to anyone"

• Travel date: Sun 8th of March 2009

Clean, amazing hotel

Good
Reviewed Wed 7th of January 2009

"My husband and I went to stay at the Laura Beach in June 08 for our honeymoon. I had a brilliant time and would definately go back to this hotel.

It was midnight when we arrived however we were greeted by a friendly northern chap who emigrated to Cyprus. He booked us in and then showed us to the restrant where a salad had been saved for each of us. Fully cling filmed and fresh from the fridge. We got some alcoholic drinks and sat to eat.

When we went to our room on the fourth floor and we opened the door we immediately saw a full bowl of fresh fruit and a nice bottle of bubbly - I think the travel agents requested this as we had just got married.

The Rooms were soo hot when we arrived so we put on the air con right away and left it on all week. The room cooled down but the air con was not very powerful so I still felt hot (this is what lowered my marks out of 10). The bed linen was clean and freshly made. The bathroom was a basic one with bath, shower, toilet and basin as expected. None the less it was soo clean. The decor was basic and nuteral and the wardrobes had a lot of space in them. There was a dressing table with a portable TV on it that had about 5 English Channels. In the room there was also a small table and 2 comfy chairs to use. We had a nice balcony that had its own plastic table and 2 chairs, overlooking one of the pool's with a great view of the horizon.

The food was also a let down that lacked variety and the bread was quite stale. The bacon was fatty and the sausages were actually frankfuter things that had been grilled. Other than that, there was an amazing selection of fruit and cereals as well as drinks machines to help yourself. The resturant manager was a little strange and gave me the inpression that he did not want anyone in the resturant as people make mess - He was constantly picking up after people and gave a few dissapointed looks.

Lunch was great and there was a lot of variety. It was held in the down stairs resturant which is more like a canteen. There was always soo much food available.

Dinner was back in the resturant with the weird manager however all the staff were extremely helpful. It was all buffet style but there was soo much variety and it was good food.

The snacks were limited throughout the day. They were available from the lover canteen. You could go in throughout the day but it was limited to ham, bread, cheese, salad and chips. (The breakfast and snacks were my other let down)

The hotel was always clean throughout and the pools were also very nice. There were so many sun loungers so you could always get a space. The outdoor showers were luke warm so also nice to get in.

The beach was quite secluded but a bit of a walk down the hotel path. It was not very well lit for the evening so best to go in the day. It was empty but full of seaweed and stones so not great for sunbathing - however beaches a bit further along were amazing and if you like the sand you must go to Corral Bay which is only a short bus ride.

There was a volley ball court and sports activities to do as well as an excellent gym for all.

The evening entertainment was ok, you could request a song but the DJs collection lacked anything modern and you could tell what his favourite CD was as he played it freqently. There was further entertainment after 9pm on the terrace and this was great. There were singers and dancers and comics as well as entertainers to get you all out of your seats. Outside there was table service and the waiters/waitress' were great. If this is not for you, the inside bar is open with the DJ and his CDs.

Outside of the hotel there is a shop accross the road as well as a few car hire places. There is also a seperate bar to the left of the hotel that does Karaoke.
The bus stops are about 100yrds from the hotel so easily accessable.

The transport of the people over there is of a different mentality and at times I was genuinely scared. The private taxi transfers were driven by a maniac who cared not for red lights of blind bends and it was truly horrific. The bus drivers were a bit better but had no concept of obeying the speed limit.

The places around were brilliant and need to be seen. The beaches were amazing and the scenery was wonderful. GO TO THE WATERPARK!

The harbour was where most of the shops were and there was quite a variety as well as a lot od hand bag shops that I loved and my husband hated. There was even a McDonalds! We went on a glass bottom boat and this was 10e each.

There was a lot of development however this did not take away the great things about it. Overall, there was a lot to see and it was all so nice so I would definately recomment this place as it was great.

• Travel date: Wed 7th of January 2009

Hotels near Leonardo Laura Beach & Splash Resort

Top traveller tips for Leonardo Laura Beach & Splash Resort

• steve and julie by steve and julie

"weather and sea lovely "

• R.W Brown by R.W Brown

"Dont expect the Hilton. Accept what you get for the money . You could be getting swamped in the UK! "

• sharn by sharn

"laura beach, fat mamas, harbour "

• poppie by poppie

"Paphos, yes. The hotel No. "

• ellie by ellie

"we all had areally good time and would go back again "

• gordon P by gordon P

"warm genuine friendly people "

Leonardo Laura Beach & Splash Resort is also called