Laura Beach Hotel

Chlorakas Ave, Paphos 8220 Cyprus

Me and my family have just returned from...

Reviewed Wed 1st of October 2008

"Me and my family have just returned from a weeks stay at the Laura and we loved every minute (:
This is our 3rd year ar the hotel.
However we did have a slight problem with the rooms when we first arrived. We arrived at midnight, so no one was in any mood to fuss, only to find we'd all been situated in the old part instead of the new part which was requested. My sister and her friend were also on the 4th floor whilst the rest of us where on the 1st.
But we were told that the next day this could be changed.
We went to reception the next day only to find one member of the reception staff quite rude. The rest were extremely polite and helpful.
After the rooms were sorted, through the holiday we faced no more problems. Everything was perfect.
The entertainment was good and the entertainers were polite and also stopped to talk.
If after dinner you wanted to walk to a bar, we found the next door bar Ell Passo really good, with a good atmosphere and late closing times.
We're returning to Paphos next year, but to a different hotel for a different experience.
However i would definately recommend this hotel to anyone, with pleanty to offer.
Food was excellent and there was no evidence of water downed drinks.
The cleaning service was excellent, in the rooms and around the pool areas.
All staff were polite (:

• Travel date: Wed 1st of October 2008

I stayed at the hotel for 2weeks at the...

Reviewed Fri 19th of September 2008

"I stayed at the hotel for 2weeks at the beginning of september with my partner, our two children age 3 and 1 & my mother and father in law.
We had a brilliant holiday and the hotel was lovely.
Really nice food every day and evening, animation team were really nice and always had lots of thing to keep you busy, good for the children as their are 2 small childrens pools, a childrens club which i attended with my 3yr old where she did t-shirrt painting, drawings, arts and crafts etc. Also the staff were really friendly and great with the children.
The rooms were maybe slighty old fashioned but clean and had everything we needed. Two big pools with bars on each, Basically everything we needed so we didnt really need to go anywhere else.
Although we did go into paphos harbour for the day and to coral bay but the weather was so hot it ws nice to get back to the comfort of the hotel and cool down in the pool, have a drink and some food.
The alcohol wasnt watered down and was actually very strong, anything you wanted they could mix up for you.
Air conditioning was really handy in the rooms and we it on full blast most of the day and night, it kept us all nice and cool.
The staff even washed out my son's milk bottle every day and filled them up when he wanted some milk or juice.
Great holiday x"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of September 2008

I went with my family and friends, first...

Reviewed Tue 9th of September 2008

"I went with my family and friends, first time ive ever been all inclusive and I could not fault this hotel at all. The staff would go out of their way to help you, rooms were very clean, resturants lovely and food really good choice all day long. Entertainment was more for the younger families but my daughter met up with friends and went into Phaphos which was not far away. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of September 2008

i went with my dad sister and brother to...

Reviewed Sun 7th of September 2008

"i went with my dad sister and brother to cyprus and stayed at laura beach.. it was the best holiday ever! and the hotel was great! the animation team were brill, they entertained the hotel guests really well! the food was ok, and i would certainly recommend it to all ages! SHAKE IT UP was the highlight of the days!!!! haha x"

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

I went to the luca laura in October 2007...

Reviewed Sat 6th of September 2008

"I went to the luca laura in October 2007 with just my partner we wasnt sure wether or not to go here as it sounded like a holiday hotel but teh children where all well behaved and there was a quietier pool if you wish to escape the children.

- i didn't have a great holiday but this was not the hotels fault - if i was to go back to Cyprus i would deffinately go back here again, they have a very wide range of food on offer and it was lovely.

however i managed to get gastroentraitis, i think i got it from a restaraunt i ate at out there, i ended up in intensive care in the nearby hospital i was extremely well looked after and i only had english nurses. i got my own private room with a balcony that my partner could stay in with me. i didnt have to do anything with the insurance the hospital dealt with it all. i had paid for a few excusions and they wouldnt refund my money because i couldnt go because i was in hospital.

i went out there with olympic holidays - they were ok the only problem we had was that our rep had a family grievement which cant be helped so we had a stand in and because she had so many hotels to go to and only a few people where in our hotel she didnt come round very often at all.

• Travel date: Sat 6th of September 2008

We had a great hoilday here first time w...

Reviewed Tue 2nd of September 2008

"We had a great hoilday here first time we had been all inclusive the food was great all the staff were very friendly and would go back again could not fault it . Any person not pleased with this hotel must be mad bonkers or just too fussy to please 10 out of 10 excellent holiday best we have had to date."

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of September 2008

we have just returned from a 2 week holi...

Reviewed Mon 28th of July 2008

"we have just returned from a 2 week holiday and i just had to write a review. on reading the reviews before we went, i was really apprehensive about this hotels with having 2 kids aged 9 and 6. the hotel was brilliant , you couldn't fault the food or drinks the maid service was good the cleanliness of the hotel was good the waiter service was spot on. on 1 of the reviews someone was moaning about them taking your plate away as soon as you had finished, well who wants dirty plates in front of them anyway. some people are so petty and cannot be pleased. my kids are very funny eaters and there was something different for them every night. the drinks were not watered down as someone had mentioned. the kids disco was brilliant although the entertainment after was hit and miss. the pool was cleaned every morning if anything it was the guests who treated it not very good by some kids getting drinks from the bar and pouring it straight into the pool. i couldn't fault this hotel and would certainly recommend it the kids loved it and didn't want to come home. shake it up, shake it up"

• Travel date: Mon 28th of July 2008

This was my wife and I's second visit. T...

Reviewed Fri 25th of July 2008

"This was my wife and I's second visit. The first was in 2002 when we went as party to see my daughter get married at Paphos town hall. The reception was in the Mezzanine room and ws faultless. This cannot be said of the hotel however. Speaking generally, although we were all all inclusive, most of the time was spent exploring the island and only returned in the evening. We found the food at first exciting and different with plenty of choice, but during the second week repetition set in and it became rather boring. Our main observation was the sultry attitude of the Cypriot staff who could barely raise their eyebrows let alone a smile, and they treated the imported staff as second class citizens.
Nevertheless my wife and I re-visited again in 2006 on our own and little had changed except a new swimming pool, and all the imported staff. The Cypriot attitude was the same. The food was the same, as was the appalling entertainment. This lent us the chance to go out more in the evenings and see the nightlife.
Because I love Cyprus and taking trips into the interior I am going back to the Laura Beach in October for another taste, this time on my own. So if you require a an experts view of the Laura Beach give me a ring.
I did find that taking a package was easy but rather more expensive than booking myself. In fact I saved myself about £250 in airfares and the room. "

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2008

The laura Beach Hotel is fantastic! I we...

Reviewed Thu 17th of July 2008

"The laura Beach Hotel is fantastic! I went along with my husband 2 children,mom and dad and this was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in, there was a great selection of food to choose from including meat,fish,salads,potatoes,veg,chips, burgers pizza,nuggets and all kinds of puddings (yum yum). the 2 pools were very clean and inviting with loads of sun loungers and parasols. the entertainment team kept the children amused for hours doing french bowls,football,volleyball,darts shuffle board ect... especially Nicholas he s great. we loved doing Shake It Up Shake It up the hotels dance. the beach is just a stroll away down a garden path and a few steps, the sea is rocky though so be carefull but once your in its great. if your planning on staying at the laura beach hotel just sit back relax and enjoy the sunset while sipping your cocktail. HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 17th of July 2008

Not sure where Mrs Pugh stayed but that...

Reviewed Mon 23rd of June 2008

"Not sure where Mrs Pugh stayed but that does not sound like the Laura B. Hotel I know!

Stayed for two weeks with my baby of 9 months and 14 other adults and 6 children (part of a wedding party).

Positive points:

On a few evenings the meat was beautiful, duck, beef and pork.
Staff are ok.
Daytime entertainment was varied and fun but basic.
Beautiful extensive grounds.
Beaches on your doorstep with water sports on offer.
Lots of sun beds.

Negative points:

Human poop in pool on many occasions which took too long to be be taken out by staff.
Repetitive evening entertainment.
Awful food choice for adults and children.
Food dishes run out early and then are replaced by plain pasta!
Lots of air conditioning problems in rooms.
Lots of sickness and diahreah with residents.
Hotel situated on a busy main road.
Nothing to do outside the hotel, have to bus everywhere.
Toilets are absolutely disgusting, so many of us slipped up in pee.
Toilets are far away from evening entertainment.
Indoor pool not working.
Pool bar not open everyday.
You have to get into a lift to go anywhere if you have a buggy or disability.
Basic entertainment in the evening.
Don't expect any extras if you are staying here as bride and groom.
Wrong room allocation was common.
Did not have clean sheets for a week, the top cover on bed was the same one every day!!!! The maids did not even clean the bathroom on 2 occasions.
lots of people had sore throughts and headaches from the air con.
Rooms where small.
No waiter service.
All inclusive snacks were awful, just cheese toasties and dry chips most days, you have to make it yourself."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of June 2008

Me (23) and my partner (22) booked our f...

Reviewed Fri 20th of June 2008

"Me (23) and my partner (22) booked our first holiday together to Cyprus. We had booked the Laura Beach Hotel all inclusive with everything included. After an awful flight and a four and a half hours delay we arrived at the hotel at 3am and were told that our room had been double booked. We were gutted but complied and was sent down the road to what they said was a better hotel, but really I wouldnt have paid £1 quid for it- there were ants crawling everywhere and it smelt. The next morning we booked a taxi and were told that the hotel would pay for it because of the inconvenience but when we got half way there the taxi driver turned back round and took us back because the hotel was refusing to pay for the taxi. In the end we booked an independant taxi and payed for it ourselves although we did get our money back.
When we eventully got back to the hotel, we had to wait till half 1 to get the room. All in all a rubbish start. The manager said he would upgrade us to a sea view room although we had already paid for one, so he said he would do something else but never got back to us.

The hotel itself is lovely, the room (when we got it) and the pool are all lovely- just wasnt very happy with what happened to us at the beginning."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of June 2008

I went to the Laura Beach Hotel with my...

Reviewed Sat 14th of June 2008

"I went to the Laura Beach Hotel with my family for my sisters wedding. there was 28 of us alltogether. the hotel was absolutely beautiful and you couldnt ask for any more than what they gave you. there is constant food all day and drinks are available from the bar from 10 am right through to early hours the next morning. it was my mums first foreign holiday and she absolutely loved it, in fact shes booking again to go back there. the people in the hotel can not do enough for you. we had a sea view room and i have never in my life seen a view like it. for 2 weeks all inclusive, it worked out so cheap for everything you got. there was also a hairdressers, beauty salon, gym, 2 restaurants and a bar inside and out in the hotel. this meant that we didnt have to travel far for free drink and a good time!!! i would strongly recommend people to go here. i am fussy when it comes to eating certain food, however i didnt have a problem as they managed to cater for everyone. i would like to say a big thank you to Laura beach hotel for everything they did for us on holiday. they made our holiday and unforgettable experience."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of June 2008

Hotels near Laura Beach Hotel

Stayed at Laura Beach Hotel? Share your insight.