Laura Beach Hotel

Chlorakas Ave, Paphos 8220 Cyprus

great all inclusive holiday

"rodgers family, 86,47,43,12,10
the laura is a large roomy, uncramped elegant type of place on 5 levels.The bottom level has tv room,video games room, very good gym/jakuzi/sauna, lunch restaurant, kids club and bar beside an excellent deep pool with plenty of sunbeds, down a few steps there's gardens that lead to a private man made beach level which has its own bar, the natural beach is small and the sea was rough for most of our holiday. First level is the large reception area with very nice seating that has waiter service from neros bar ( micheala was a very good waitress ), a small shop and the main restaurant and entertainment terrace, the new pool area is through the french windows and is a nice size figure 8 shaped pool, more kid friendly than the main pool with a sunken bar(Olga was a very nice barmaid ), and rock waterfall effect jakuzi, the pool is grassed which is safer than the main pool as the tiles get a little slippy to walk on when wet, also beside the pool is a kids sunken galleon play area.
The rooms were a nice size though the bathrooms were a little cramped and we had probably the noisiest room with the worst view in the hotel, room 4013/4015 as it had the main air con for the hotel directly above it and the view over to tixies bar on the main road with karaoke till 1.30, luckily the double glazed door kept most of the racket out, but that was the only bad point of the holiday and we got used to it.
The catering at the hotel was excellent, the food from the morning through till midnight was faultless, we never heard one moan from anybody during our stay.There was a large cypriot wedding in the hotel one night so we went out to a restaurant for a meal, it cost over 70 pounds and it wasn't as good as the meals in the hotel. There are beer pumps,Keo, carlsberg and leon, pop dispenses pepsi, 7up etc, and very good red and white wines on tap in the restaurants all help yourself.
The entertainment was mainly the animation team with professional artists on various nights of the week, (there was a very good hypnotist act.). The staff are mainly from the eastern bloch, most of them eugin,dan, micheala, olga, anna,pierre, johan were very nice and friendly people who spoke good english.The reception staff were allways on hand and the maintenance were very quick to repair any faults that occured. The hotel was kept very clean at all times, maids every day , clean bathroom and beach towels also every day. The Bulgarian ambassador, Air crews and some high powered Cypriots used the Laura during our stay which says something for its standards.
We really enjoyed our stay at the Laura and would recommend it, don't let the all inclusive put you off , wev'e stayed at 4* half board in cyprus and greece which would struggle to compete with the Luca Laura, we found some ants in our room one night so we complained to reception, because it was late the maintenance man had gone home so we couldn't get any ant spray so they gave us the keys to the executive appartment for the night ! how many hotels would have done that? great place....................."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of October 2006

Excellent!!

"Me and my family have just returned from cyprus where we had a 7 night stay at the Laura beach hotel and it was perfect.
The food was gorgeous and a different type of food was available each day and night. The bar staff were polite and always laughing away with you.
We stayed all inclusive and we have to say, everything that was included in the package was amazing.
The only slight complaint we had was that we arrived at half eleven at night and when we got there we were of course hungry and there was no food available for us to eat, this i think should be changed as other people were arriving too and also hungry.
The other thing was that some of the reception staff were slightly narky and very un-polite where as others were the complete opposite. However they were very glad to help with any problems, such as our room had only a very small camp bed in it for me and as im 16 my mum was very unhappy with this, however we made a complaint and straight away it was dealt with and the bed replaced with a proper single bed.
The night life was brilliant and had a variety.
As i am 16 my mum found great comfort in being able to let me just walk around the hotel on my own accord without her or my family and know that i was safe.
It was a fantastic holiday, so good that me and my family are considering on going there again next year.

Brilliant holiday, recommend it to any one!

Kerrie, England, Blackpool (23.9.2006-30.9.2006)"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of October 2006

will not return

"Just returned from a week at Luca Cypria Laura Hotel. I cannot say it was awful but there were definately some problems. We found the rooms OK, but bathrooms very small and mould on the shower curtains. Other than that the rooms were OK.
The food - Well I am a fussy eater as I do not eat alot of meat, so if you are in to Fish forget it. Some days I had salad for lunch and diner, one day I just ate desert and some days we went out. I know the food was not impressive as my husband loves all food and some days he just would not eat at all. If you have kids I am afraid chips sausages and fishfingers is what they will be eating all week for lunch and diner.

We found all the staff to be polite and helpful, really we could not fault that. but the entertainment which was was all done by the staff was like a Butlins Holiday Camp, Rubbish!

There was a games room where most of the machines did not work. There were two Pool tables that were out of order until our last two days then when they were working there was no markings on the tables, one ball missing, hardly no heads on the cues and no chalk.

Overall rating - ok for somewhere to lay your head but no more!

Definately would not go back or recommend!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of September 2006

Fantastic

"We returned form 2 weeks stay at the Laura Beach. on 06/09/06 We had a fantastic time the rooms were clean and bright, the food was excellent with plenty of choice. There was a varied entertainment programme, with something for every age. My son and his friend aged 15 and 13 enjoyed all the activities provided by the Animation team. While my Husband and myself relaxed by one of the two pools. The staff were lovely. I was slightly worried before we went after reading some of the comments on the site. Once there my worries disolved completely. It was one of the best holidays we have had. The yellow fun bus is a must for a varied and different day out and Gary Dundee is a scream. It is quite a distance from the Harbour or the Old Town but there is a bus service. taxis cost £5 into either. Car hire is reasonable and there are 3 car hire places directly facing."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of September 2006

A Very Good Family Hotel

"My Wife and two Children aged 8 and 9 have just spent 14 nights at the Laura Cypria which we thoroughly enjoyed. Excellent Food, Friendly staff and lots to do and see. We want to go back next year."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of August 2006

Kids loved it

Good

"We (myself, my husband & 2 daughters aged 8 and 5) stayed at the Luca Laura Beach hotel for 2 weeks all inclusive for the first 2 weeks of the School Summer Holidays (23rd Jul to 6th Aug).

We arrived at 10 pm on a Sunday night, threw our cases in the room and went downstairs to explore. There were still snacks available, the entertainment was in full swing, the pool area looked lovely, couldn't get down to the beach as the pathway was pitch black, but good first impression.

We had a sea facing "family" room, which was basically a double room with a bunk bed pushed along one wall. Saying that you could still walk around and there was enough room to store empty cases and all your belongings so it wasn't too cramped. Much to our surprise the room was cleaned and we had fresh towels every single day.

The food was far better than we imagined it would be considering they are catering from 7.00 am until 11.00 pm virtually non-stop.

For an all-inclusive hotel we were surprised to find that there was never a queue for drinks .... which was brilliant. If you sit outside watching the evening entertainment there is even waiter service (and Paul is excellent !).

There are 2 pool areas, one fairly new addition which is great for the smaller kids as it graduates in depth. The other pool is alot deeper with our kids out of their depth on the 3rd step down. There are also 2 toddler pools, one next to each of the larger pools. The great thing is that you get pool towels, one per person per family at the gym and you can change them every day.

The only downside to the outside areas is the lack of "facilities". There are no toilets by the new pool so you have to dry-off and go into reception to the toilet and there are no toilets by the beach.

There is a beach area in front of the hotel and we only went down there once. The tide was really rough and was bashing against the rocks. The Rep told us that there is a strong undercurrent on this side of the island and consequently the red flag was flying for the whole time we were there.

There is a kids club from 10.00 am until 12.00 pm and then 3.00 pm until 5.00 pm 6 days per week. It is run by one of the entertainment (or "Animation") team called Pepper. She is absolutely fantastic with the kids, BUT a word of warning if you have small children. The kids club room is situated by the old pool and it has no air-conditioning so the doors are left open and she can have up to 15 children ranging from 4 - 12 years so from a health and safety point of view it could be better.

Our daughters went on their first day and much to our surprise were knocking on our bedroom door 10 minutes later. Apparently my younger daughter was unhappy at being left so was able to leave the kids club with her sister to come and find us .... bearing in mind we had only been at the hotel for 12 hours I was surprised they found the room. Another family we got friendly with told us that their daughter had walked out of the club on 5 separate occasions and appeared next to them by the pool .....

The entertainment ("Animation") team are worth their weight in gold. There are activities throughout the day, a kids disco in the evening (we came home with the CD!), bingo (I know ... but I won a 20 minute massage) and shows. The evening entertainment is a bit repetitive in that they have 7 acts and they repeat them the second week .... do not miss the hypnotist he is brilliant.

We made use of the gym whilst we were there but it is not air-conditioned .... there is one small fan and after 20 minutes on the treadmill you will feel as if you have run a half marathon. Bring your old gear as it will get VERY sweaty !!

This has been a good holiday for us because the kids have had a great time .... and if they are happy and occupied then we are happy.

If we were holidaying as a couple I wouldn't go near the Luca Laura Beach in the School holidays !"

• Travel date: Wed 9th of August 2006

Loved it

"Just got back from a two week stay. The food was very nice with lots of choice. The hotel location was excellent nice clean beach. It was very handy having the bus to the harbour out side the hotel.
I cant wait to go back next year..........................."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of August 2006

we all had a fantastic time

"Having just returned from a fantastic holiday staying at the Luca Laura Paphos, I had to say what a supberb time we all had. There were 9 of us including my 4 year old granddaughter Amber everything from we arrived untill we left was brilliant. The staff were very good and really polite, if I could give them12 out of 10 I would. The food was very good with a great choice every day, the pools were also very good we stayed at the lower one.
We were all inclusive,there was no queing anywere for drinks at any time, and the children had plenty of ice cream. I had some doubts about all inclusive before we left, but I have none now.
All in all a really nice friendly warm and picturesque hotel.
One small complaint was discarded cigarette ends,there were bins provided, but some guests stubbed them out under there sun loungers, perhaps a couple of signs might help.
Looking foreward to going back in the not to distant future."

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006

Better than I expected

Good

"We returned from this hotel a couple of days ago. It was booked by my partner and after finding out which hotel it was I was a little worried (I had stayed in the sister hotel in Cyprus 7 years ago and was less than impressed). When we arrived the staff were extremely friendly and made us feel welcome. The rooms were spacious and clean with an excellent shower (over the bath) but the TV had a terrible picture and no English channels. Our room was on the road side but we didn't notice any noise throughout our entire stay.

I couldn't fault the quality or quantity of the food and drink. It is non stop from 7am til 10pm although I would say it seemed quite restricted (most nights blended in to each other with regards to choice) The drinks menu had much more choice than some all-inclusives I have been to.

There are 2 pools which never seemed busy and we could always find somewhere to sit no matter what time we arrived (2pm one day). The pool bar is not finished and there are no toilets close by. There are only 2 sets of toilets in the whole hotel which is inconvenient when wet from the pool. The beach is very small and rocky and a red flag is constantly flying so not child friendly. On the 2 occasions we walked down to it, no-one else was using it as the waves are quite high and when the tide is in there is no sand at all.

The staff were EXCELLENT. They got the balance just right by providing entertainment such as pool games, water aerobics, darts, table tennis etc but were never pushy like lots of places can be. THE STAFF ARE THIS HOTELS BEST ASSET. The evening entertainment outside was terrible. The only night we enjoyed ourselves outside was when a blues brothers act were performing. Inside, in Neros bar there was entertainment in the form of recorded music one night, a woman on an organ the next, recorded music the next and a duo singing the next. We had a great time but only because we made our own fun -don't rely solely on the entertainment. It appeared that we missed out on the karaoke night and the hypnotist so maybe we were just unlucky.

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I'm not sure it entirely deserves its 4stars despite the impression the reception area gives you when you arrive. It is more 4star than 3 though, I would say. I would probably choose to go somewhere else if I was to return to cyprus as a couple. If I brought my daughter I would definately return here as it is safe and child friendly."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of July 2006

absolutly brilliant

Good

"this is everything a holiday should be
lovely pools excellent accomodation great food exquisite and international.this hotel could easily be a 5 star accomodation
the full entertainment programme is lovely to watch even if you dont take part and the kareoke wasnt tacky at all at one point i thought i saw simon cowell scouting for the x factor.
the beach was clean and the water clear we have been to the carabean and the scenary matched that.

staff were very helpfull and helped us with our luggage ,waited on us with drinks and brushed the crumbs of our laps at mealtimes.
the hotel looks very posh and elligant i felt like royalty to stay there
there were plenty of sunbeds with soft cushions on them and parasols to louge under to drink your gin and tonics
we will definatly be going back VERY VERY SOON"

• Travel date: Tue 11th of July 2006

Will never go there again!

"Just glad we already live in Cyprus because if we'd have travelled from overseas to what greeted us I would have been devastated.
We paid a lot more money to stay in an 'Executive Bungalow with sea view'. What we got was an old, shabby hut with no sea view, just the view of a hedge! There were cracks in the walls and plaster coming off. It was dirty and smelled like what I can only describe as a brick a brack shop. The TV only had one Russian channel, it was overcrowded with old shabby furniture, half the appliances didn't work and to top it off there were ants everywhere inside.
On booking the room (online), I requested a cot, and even stated we have an 8 month old baby. It was obvious we would have a pushchair but they still put us as far away as possible from the main hotel, and the only way to the bungalow was down a load of steps (about 20 to be precise), so you can only imagine how difficult it was trying to get a big pushchair up and down all the while. Certainly not child friendly there.
As soon as we saw the room we complained. Apparently there were no other rooms available, so we had no choice but to stay the night. The following day we were ready to pack up and go home but then all of a sudden they managed to find us another room (in the main hotel). Thing is, we'd only gone for 3 nights anyway, so the first two days were spent unpacking, packing back up, moving and then unpacking again. We should have been relaxing but it was far from that.
The 'standard' hotel room we were given would have cost a lot less than the 'Executive' bungalow yet it was so much nicer at first glance. However, there were white stains all over the bed and on the chair in the room (I certainly have an idea what it was)! The sheets underneath were clean, so we removed the top and just used those to sleep under. The chair went out on the balcony!
Overall, the hotel was poor. We went All Inclusive. The food wasn't up to much - everything was overloaded with salt!
I am just so glad to be home now! Never again will I stay, nor recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!
The only nice thing about it was the hotel porter who was extremely helpful and pleasant."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2011

Invaded by Russians !!!

"Was so looking forward to a nice relaxing break. when first arrived thought yes this is nice. The food was nice lots of choice, entertainment was good and met lots of nice english people.
After a few days it all changed
We was invaded by Russians,and they were rude, arrogant and never waited their turn in the restaurants when obtaining their meals, they pushed, shoved and intimidated others.
It got to the point where we dreaded meal times, it was like a cattle market...
They were drinking treble vodkas all day and getting louder and louder.
This hotel is not a four star and I shall not be returning.

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2011

Hotels near Laura Beach Hotel

Stayed at Laura Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Laura Beach Hotel

• steve and julie by steve and julie

"weather and sea lovely "

• R.W Brown by R.W Brown

"Dont expect the Hilton. Accept what you get for the money . You could be getting swamped in the UK! "

• sharn by sharn

"laura beach, fat mamas, harbour "

• poppie by poppie

"Paphos, yes. The hotel No. "

• ellie by ellie

"we all had areally good time and would go back again "

• gordon P by gordon P

"warm genuine friendly people "

Laura Beach Hotel is also called