Helios Bay Hotel

Paphos 8102 Cyprus

Nice 3 Star Hotel but beware of Thrasos Car Rentals

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"my girlfriend and I stayed at this small family hotel in mid October, just before half term week in the UK

the good points: nice location, decent beach close to the hotel, relatively inexpensive (we booked direct), nice views, very quiet in the evenings, large room, lovely gardens

the bad points: the food -they only had a snack menu which wasn't great basically chips with anything fried, smallish pool mainly occupied by kids, we organised car hire via Nicos and asked for a soft top Vitara..we ended being unhappy with what we got from Thrasos Car Rentals -an old, dirty closed top Daihatsu Terrios with high mileage with a battery that failed, loose seat, underinflated tyres & small other failures

despite this dodgy vehichle we had a good time visiting nearby Polis, Paphos and Coral Bay, was definitely good to have a vehichle to explore. Would really recommend a sailing lesson we did out of Latchi with a company called Crystal."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of November 2007

Ideal for couples

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Just to confirm others opinions that it's a lovely peaceful relaxing place to stay. Very helpful and friendly owners Nicos and Loucas. What others failed to mention is the smallish but sandy beach, great for a refreshing swim just 100 yards from the hotel. An important point for me as I feel like a goldfish in a swimming pool."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of October 2007

Great for a quiet relaxing holiday

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"We have just got back from a relaxing week at Helios Bay and have nothing put postitives to say about it. Apartments are clean, comfortable and spacious. Pool and gardens clean and well maintained. Staff polite and helpful. This place is ideal if you are looking for a quite relaxing break."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of October 2007

Love It !!

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Have been to Helios Bay for the Last 13 years, we Love it.
Staff are Fantastic, family run, Nicos and Loucas the owners can't do enough for you.

Clean, Comfortable, dialy maid service, food great.

We really enjoy going back year after year, already going to book for 2008.

Great area to stay, close to Coral Bay and to Paphos Town, cheap Bus ride away, plenty of things to see and do.

Lots of people go back year after year so you can make some good long term friends.

We would recommend any Family, Couples for Seniors to stay here."

• Travel date: Sat 18th of August 2007

Our second home

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"It is great to see such excellent reviews for Helios Bay !!!
We just cannot say any more except that we were here in May this year and will be back again in September.
Look for the photo of the palm tree in the Reception, we took this in 1991and we have now been back 18 times since then.
We like Helios Bay and feel like part of the family.
Brian & Pat, Miiddleton, Manchester."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of July 2007

Our Fantastic 2nd Home

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"We have been coming to HeliosBay for 6 years. Nicos, Loucas, all their family and staff make you feel so welcome - nothing is ever a problem for them.
We got married there in 2004 and with the help of Nicos and his staff they made every effort to make our "Special Day" a success.
The Monday BBQ is a complete family affair, from the cooking (excellent food) through to the entertainment.
It's in a great location and we do not hesitate to recommend Helios Bay to our family and friends.
We're already booked in for 2008 - can't wait."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of July 2007

Delighted to be back again

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Just spent 9 great days in Helios to celebrate my son's 18th birthday (boys only, with golf clubs). We had previously been there about five times on family holidays. For our first visit, we arrived there 'by accident' through a package holiday. Our children, then 13 & 11 insisted that we return the next year as so many new friends that they made would be returning too. I gave in to the pressure and reluctantly agreed. We hapily repeated the habbit each following Summer for several years.

Family (Nicos & Loucas) and staff are such important components to the 'overall experience', and in times of need, sick child, etc they pull out all the stops to assist.

Whatever time of the day you emerge from your room you will always find plenty of sunbeds and poolside spaces, no queues or waiting while in Helios Bay.

This is not Aya Napa (thank god), but nor is it pensioners paradise, there is something here for everybody, not just families, who predominate. We took three of our daughter's girlfriends with us a couple of years ago, they loved it.

Several restaurants within 2/5 minutes walk, and small beach is two minute stroll.

We have been in appartments, studios & villas over the years and always enjoyed. This is not the Hilton, but always very clean and has all the facilities that you need. I am sure we will return. again in the future."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of July 2007

Great family holiday at the Helios

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"We have just returned from a week at the Helios Bay Hotel in Cyprus. This was our second visit and this time we were joined by our son and his wife.

As on the first visit, we were made to feel very welcome in a totally relaxed atmosphere. The staff were very polite and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. Our apartments were comfortable and had everything we needed. The pool is gorgeous and perfect to enjoy a quiet swim. The gardens are well maintained and looked lovely all week, considering the heat of the sun. The local bus stops just outside the hotel, going one way to Coral Bay and the other to Paphos and it is so cheap and quick!

We can highly recommend this hotel and just hope that next time we wish to book they can still find us a room!

The Flintstones"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of June 2007

Great Hotel

Reviewed Fri 23rd of November 2012

"We are looking forward to our third holiday at the Helios Bay. Beautiful location, idealy situated with easy access to Paphos Town and Coral Bay. The rooms are cleaned every day , the pool is clean and the staff are very friendly, what more could you want? Dont miss the monday bbq or the greek night later in the week. Nicos and Lucas do a great job. August cant come quickly enough."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2007

Nice setting and well maintained

Reviewed Fri 23rd of November 2012

"We stayed here for a week and found lush green gardens which was really unexpected. Perfect for sunbathing near the cliff top. The picture in the brochure made it look like the hotel was on the beach but there is only a very small man made beach nearby. Pool area was very clean and snack bar was very good. At first we were concerned that the hotel was so far out of town but this made for a really relaxing break and there is an excellent bus service (England should taken note!) with a bus every 10 mins or so which would take you in to town day or night or up to Coral Bay.
Our only concern was the bungalow we stayed in was directly under the pool area so when sunbeds were being dragged along the floor it was very noisy. There was also karaoke in the pool bar 1 night until 2am which made for a very sleepless night!
Overall very good hotel though and we loved lazing in the gardens."

• Travel date: Sat 23rd of June 2007

Fantastic and friendly!

Reviewed Tue 24th of August 2010

"I visited Helios bay Last year and what a great choice it was and we are coming back in October. Reading some of these reviews a lot of people are returning to Helios Bay and I think it has that effect on people , the staff are absolutely fantastic and so friendly it's unbelievable. There are many GREAT restaurants near the hotel such as Sienna and Horizon. I recommend this hotel to everyone ...ROLL ON OCTOBER! "

• Travel date: Sat 21st of August 2010

Feels like coming home!

Reviewed Tue 13th of July 2010

"My Husband and I have stayed at Helios Bay Hotel every year since October 2004. Discovered this fantastic place quite by accident when booking a last minute holiday through a tour operator, we were given two choices and picked Helios. We liked it so much we went again the following March and have been going back ever since once or twice a year. Never use a travel agent now, just book everything direct, favourite room and everything. Most of the people who stay are repeat visitors for many years which speaks for itself. The location is beautiful, if you have a sea view room you can sit and watch the brilliant sunsets from your balcony.

The location is very peaceful and relaxing, staff friendly and the family can't do enough for you. Rooms are very clean (and believe me I'm fussy), fully air conditioned with everything you need, can rent a safe for a very small fee. Beautiful gardens, well kept.There is a gym and laundry room should you be inclined! Lovely walks along the coast. Small beach next to the Hotel or if you like sea swimming in a more controlled environment the lagoon near St Georges is 10 minute stroll, great for snorkeling.

Sienna and Wisdom restaurants are right next door if you don't want to go far, food excellent in both. Horizon pub on the corner is great. The owners of all three places are really friendly. If you want a trip into town the bus stops both ways are right outside and there is an abundance of restaurants/bars to choose from there.

I cannot praise Helios enough - it's my favourite place in the world. I don't want to go on too much though because I would prefer to keep it as my secret - so I can get a room whenever I like!

• Travel date: Wed 7th of July 2010

Hotels near Helios Bay Hotel

Stayed at Helios Bay Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Helios Bay Hotel

• the Currans by the Currans

"Wish I could keep it a secret so I can have it to myself "

Helios Bay Hotel is also called