About Helios Bay Hotel

Good
Good

Fantastic and friendly!

Reviewed Tue 24th of August 2010

"I visited Helios bay Last year and what a great choice it was and we are coming back in October. Reading some of these reviews a lot of people are returning to Helios Bay and I think it has that effect on people , the staff are absolutely fantastic and so friendly it's unbelievable. There are many GREAT restaurants near the hotel such as Sienna and Horizon. I recommend this hotel to everyone ...ROLL ON OCTOBER! "

• Travel date: Sat 21st of August 2010

Feels like coming home!

Reviewed Tue 13th of July 2010

"My Husband and I have stayed at Helios Bay Hotel every year since October 2004. Discovered this fantastic place quite by accident when booking a last minute holiday through a tour operator, we were given two choices and picked Helios. We liked it so much we went again the following March and have been going back ever since once or twice a year. Never use a travel agent now, just book everything direct, favourite room and everything. Most of the people who stay are repeat visitors for many years which speaks for itself. The location is beautiful, if you have a sea view room you can sit and watch the brilliant sunsets from your balcony.

The location is very peaceful and relaxing, staff friendly and the family can't do enough for you. Rooms are very clean (and believe me I'm fussy), fully air conditioned with everything you need, can rent a safe for a very small fee. Beautiful gardens, well kept.There is a gym and laundry room should you be inclined! Lovely walks along the coast. Small beach next to the Hotel or if you like sea swimming in a more controlled environment the lagoon near St Georges is 10 minute stroll, great for snorkeling.

Sienna and Wisdom restaurants are right next door if you don't want to go far, food excellent in both. Horizon pub on the corner is great. The owners of all three places are really friendly. If you want a trip into town the bus stops both ways are right outside and there is an abundance of restaurants/bars to choose from there.

I cannot praise Helios enough - it's my favourite place in the world. I don't want to go on too much though because I would prefer to keep it as my secret - so I can get a room whenever I like!

• Travel date: Wed 7th of July 2010

A happy ending!

Reviewed Thu 10th of June 2010

"We've just arrived back in the UK after a month in Cyprus. The first few weeks were spent in a villa then a townhouse (explanation to follow) we had rented via Owners direct some months ago, which, like anyone, we were really looking forward to.
Our first stay was at the said villa, which lasted 4 days; we weren't told about the building site opposite! We live in London & we're used to a certain noise level, but it was unbearable. We made a phone call to the owner, who was very helpful & moved us to a maisonette. Although we appreciated this, it wasn't the original villa we had looked forward to, more like a housing estate.
We decided to visit Helios & have a look around; it is absolutely beautiful, the beach is literally on the doorstep, the gardens are lush & well tended, you can not only see the sea, but hear it. There's a fantastic Indian restaurant opposite & Wisdom restaurant & New Horizon pub also serve great food.
Although we've spent far over a budget (offer of any refund has not been forth coming!) our time spent in Cyprus has not been spoilt & we've already booked with Nicos at Helios for October.
If you're looking for a relaxing, quiet holiday with like minded people (Hi Audrey & Dave, see you in a few months) this really is the place to go. Many people who stay at Helios are repeaters which speaks for itself, & funnily enough we're joining them!"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of June 2010

Recommended Cypriot Destination

Reviewed Tue 18th of November 2008

"We have been returning to Helios Bay Hotel & Apartments for 10 years and have always been more than satisfied with the staff, accomodation and area.

I even made a massive mistake in booking our accomodation this year, only to realise on our arrival that I had failed to confirm my initial request for accomodation. (It's an age thing you know). The owners bent over backwards to offer us alternative upgraded accomodation. Even going so far as to transport us personally from Helios to the alternative destination, which I may add was an absolutely outstanding facility. I can't thank Nicos and the family for the effort they made in ensuring our stay was without further difficulties.

We were unfortunate enough to have booked our flights with XL Airways for this weeks break (yes they went bust on our second day). Once again the family came to our assistance in offering us use of the internet free of charge in order for us to arrange flights home. We had to leave two days early and true to form we were only charged for the five days we stayed instead of the sven we had intended to stay.

Lovely people. Lovely place to stay. Cypriots are very nice people. Get to know them."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of November 2008

WHAT A FABULOUS PLACE!!!!

Reviewed Mon 10th of November 2008

"if you are looking for a quite relaxing wonderfully spread chill-out holiday then this is it!!!! i've had the places with loud music and continous noise and did not want it this time. i'm not ashamed at being 'old' and there are several places in cyprus for the young to have a really great time. i did when i was younger. the hotel apartments are not 'dead', merely quiet and all runs smoothly with no fuss.
ricos, the managing director even took our bags to the room-a family run complex with a very friendly atmosphere. all the staff are great. the weather was terrific. if you want a meal in the 'snack bar' it's sufficient. just outside you have a selection of indian. italian, german. venetian and english cuisine. i had two of the best meals ever in the wisdom and sienna restaurants. the hotel has a mini supermarket 24 hrs for basic needs and there is a larger one 100 yards away. the buses stop outside the complex every 15 minutes both ways, to paphos town and coral bay for more entertainment.we went in october because the heat is less-still 30%c plenty enough to lie on a sun bed-free and listen to the sea lapping on the sand. the gardens go on forever and there is a pool sufficient to swim a bit. the beach is not great but with the pool and gardens you really don't need it. one point before i forget the air-conditioning is free-it cost some of our friends over £100 for a two week stay in another hotel in paphos. be careful of the extras. the only one in the helios was 8 euros for a safe for the week. poeple were coming back year after year to the helios. i can see why. it's a great place to fully relax.

rod lee
many thanks to all at the helios"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of November 2008

Great for a larger Family

Reviewed Thu 30th of October 2008

"We have just returned from a holiday at Helios bay late October 2008 with my wife and 2 boys (aged 13 and 8). As my boys are getting bigger we needed a 2 bedroom villa and this is what we booked with Thomas Cook.
I have to say 2 bedroom properties are few and far between abroad unless you want to pay through the nose, however we were very pleasantly surprised on arrival as the Villa we were allocated was super, A large living room / Diner with 2 large bed setee's both of which were sprung ones not the block of foam type. Plus we had a double bedroom and a twin bedroom. A drive way which would easily fit 2 cars and a small garden complete with both lemon and oliver trees in full bloom.
I have to commend the cleaning staff who were thet best we have come across and they cleaned the accommodation on 6 out of 7 days with only sunday off, this was first class as they did a thorough job including a sweep, mop and fresh towels and bedding each day, superb.
The setting is beautiful and right on the beach which is literally less than 100 yards away across the immaculate gardens. There is a small beach right at the villas but Coral bay is a better bet for families and a very steady sloping sand out to sea so very safe, can get choppy which is very good fun for the bigger children even big enough waves for body boarding.
Weather was superb apart from a couple of hours when there was a downpour which went as fastas it came.
We went to water parks at both Paphos (Aphrodite) and Limassol (Fasouri) and have to say that although Limassol is the bigger park the Paphos one was much nicer and family friendly being much tighter and closed in.
We hired a Suzuki 4x4 soft top for the week get a deal in Paphos itself as we saved (€200) against what the rep had to offer with Avis.
I must say a car at this accommodation is the best alternative as a cab to Paphos harbour is €15 and Coral bay is €10, the bus is €1.50 adults and €1 children in either direction and run every 20 minutes or so but can get crowded.
Pool area very nice setting and gardens second to none lots of sun loungers in garden and by the pool always available.
All in all the accommodation was great but there is no entertainment either day or night so don't expect any.
Cyprus is lovely but is expensive which is a trade off as it is relatively cheap to go and stay there (around €70 - €100 for an evening meal 2 courses with a coupls of drinks each).
Would i recommend this accommodation, YES 100%.

• Travel date: Thu 30th of October 2008

My wife and I have been holidaying at He...

Reviewed Sat 20th of September 2008

"My wife and I have been holidaying at Helios since 1994 and we have also had holidays there with our children and grand children. We meet up with many other couples who also return year after year.

It is peaceful, clean with a lovely pool area and garden with all amenities closeby. Occasionally entertainment is provided but overall the atmosphere is one of relaxation which suits us. There are excellent restaurants within a couple of minutes walk catering for all tastes. Buses are frequent, fares reasonable and on time, going both to Coral Bay and Paphos town and harbour.

Helios is a family run hotel-apartments that offers a high standard of service. In our experience all staff have been cheerful and more than willing to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The owners and extended family are welcoming, friendly and always ready to assist in any way to make the holiday a happy one.

Our family will continue to go back to Helios and always look forward to meeting up with the many friends, both Cypriot and British that we have made over the years.

• Travel date: Sat 20th of September 2008

I have just returned from Helios Bay Hot...

Reviewed Fri 19th of September 2008

"I have just returned from Helios Bay Hotel Appartments, it was my 10th time. In previous years I have been with my husband and two sons but due to unfortunate circumstances I needed a week to chill out alone so I went to Helios. It is a family run business and over the years I have got to know them very well and it was like going home, I was made very welcome and didnt feel at all lonely. The whole complex is just wonderful, staff very friendly and meticulously clean. There is everything you could need in a holiday, pool, pool bar, beach, tavernas, minimart. Many of the guests you talk to say they have been before and the rest say they will go again. I really cant rate if highly enough, I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Cyprus. "

• Travel date: Fri 19th of September 2008

Just back from a week at this resort,and...

Reviewed Sat 6th of September 2008

"Just back from a week at this resort,and i have to say i was disappointed with the staff and accommodations,we were supposed to have a sea view which we did not have,and it seems to be run by some sort of mafia like family,very grumpy and uncommunicative. if you don't like running your hotel get another job i would suggest.if i were to go back to this area i would go to the coral bay area."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of September 2008

We stayed at the Helios for 2 weeks in a...

Reviewed Thu 31st of July 2008

"We stayed at the Helios for 2 weeks in a second floor one bedroom apartment over looking the pool and had a wonderful sea view . The apartments are a little out dated but are clean , which to me is the main thing . The maids came every day but on a Sunday they only emptied the bins . The hotel has a barbeque on a Monday night and is worth going to for 12 Euro each , we went on both Mondays , this is the only entertainment they have . .The hotel is very quiet and you could always get a sun bed if needed one . They have well kept gardens you can sun bath here rather than around the pool . We did a lot of walking we found it cooler to walk than sit under a sun bed ,one day we walked onto the Tomb of the kings which took us a couple of hours or more . if you visit the Tombs make sure you take plenty of water with you , it is very hot and no shelter .they do not sell water in there . after seeing the tombs we had our lunch across the road in a taverna then caught the bus back. The bus stop is right outside the hotel which we found very handy for going into Paphos or Coral Bay the cost of just 1.35 Euro. The Hotel has a 24 hour small supermarket we used this just when we ran out of small items like milk or bread , the rest of the time we used the large supermarket in Paphos behind the harbour , opposite Debenhams , it sells everything and is much cheaper . We had a wonderful holiday and will return maybe not in July is was a little too hot for us ."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of July 2008

We stayed at the Helios for 2 weeks in a...

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2008

"We stayed at the Helios for 2 weeks in a second floor one bedroom apartment over looking the pool and had a wonderful sea view . The apartments are a little out dated but are clean which to me is the main thing . The maids came every day but on a Sunday they only emptied the bins . The hotel has a barbeque on a Monday night and is worth going to for 12 Euro each we went on both Mondays , this is the only entertainment they have . The hotel is very quiet and you could always get a sun bed if needed one , the pool is cleaned every day. We did a lot of walking we found it cooler to walk than sit under a sun bed ,one day we walked onto the Tomb of the kings which took us a couple of hours or more then caught the bus back after seeing the tombs. if you visit the tombs make sure you take plenty of water it was very hot and they do not sell water in there You can easy get to Paphos or Coral Bay by bus for just 1.35 Euro , the bus stop is just outside the hotel .The Hotel has a 24 hours shop which we found very handy when we ran out of milk etc , we use to go into Paphos to shop, there is a very large supermarket there just behind the harbour opposite Debenhams , they sell everything and is much cheaper than the two small supermarkets by the hotel . We had a wonderful holiday and will return "

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

My then fiancé stayed there when I was...

Reviewed Tue 15th of July 2008

"My then fiancé stayed there when I was best man at a friends wedding and staying in Paphos.
I visited Helios Bay and loved it's relaxing slow pace and gardens running down to the beach and sea.
We booked there the next holiday and after communicating with the proprietor was given a courtesy of having one of the lower terrace rooms looking directly onto the sea.
It may be 3 star but I could never fault the politeness and service. Even with children there it was so quiet on the lower terrace.
A guaranteed place to unwind and only 10 minutes by crazy cabbies into Paphos."

• Travel date: Tue 15th of July 2008

Hotels near Helios Bay Hotel

Top traveller tips for Helios Bay Hotel

• the Currans by the Currans

"Wish I could keep it a secret so I can have it to myself "

Helios Bay Hotel is also called