This is an ideal place for young kids, u...

Reviewed Sat 11th of August 2007

"This is an ideal place for young kids, under the age of 8. The first choice kids club do not go above 8 or if they do the kids will be bored. The other games during the day exclude the kids and start at 12 so between the ages of 8-12 there is little for the kids to do apart from use the pool.

We had been moved from the Atalantica Oasis as it was still not ready and we were very disappointed with the standard. The rooms are clean but the area for the restaurant and entertainment is very’ tired' and pretty dull.

Saying that the food was good and I would recommend getting involved during the day with the French Bowls, water polo, killer pool etc run by Barbara and Mohammed who both do an excellent job of keeping people happy.

The entertainment was poor as well. Mohammed's night is the best followed by the Greek dancing. Again, take part in the 'club dances' as it is good fun.

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, although there is a good path along the sea front and a chance to swim in the sea.

Would go back to Paphos but not this Hotel.

• Travel date: Sat 11th of August 2007

My husband and I have just returned from...

Reviewed Mon 6th of August 2007

"My husband and I have just returned from Eleni after a weeks stay. No good at all for couples, great for kids. The evening entertainment consisted of a kid’s mini club followed by either a magic show or a parrot show. Not very exciting for adults.

There were never enough bar staff on and only one bar opened at a time, so was always very busy. Drinks were served in plastic glasses even in the evening because there were so many children running around.

The rooms were clean but the furnishings were old. Al in all not worth the money we paid.

Would not recommend this hotel to couples, but as I said ok for younger children but not older children they would be bored.

• Travel date: Mon 6th of August 2007

We have just returned from the Eleni and...

Reviewed Tue 26th of June 2007

"We have just returned from the Eleni and didn’t want to come home. We had a fantastic holiday.

The entertainers Mahammed and Barbara were fantastic at keeping everyone entertained.

All the First Choice reps were good. My 6 year old daughter went to the kids club and loved it. I thought the time of kids club was good there was sessions from 10-12 some days and 12-2 other days as well as early evening sessions and early morning sessions.

My 6 year old also learnt to swim with Lindsey (First Choice) which cost 20 CYP for 5 half hour sessions. Times being your choice. Lindsey was fantastic.

Accommodation was good. You pay 10cyp for the remote control for the air-conditioning which you get back at the end of your holiday.

Food was really good lots of choice. All inclusive ends at 12 on the day you leave but you do get a meal voucher for lunch and dinner which includes 1 drink each for lunch and dinner.

To get a late checkout room till 6pm costs 20cyp. The staff at Eleni were great especially Thomas.

We went to the Fasouri Water Park which was a great water park but we have also been to the water park in Paphos when we visited last October and that was equally just as good.

We also hired a car from a place down the road from Eleni and drove to Aiya Napa. It took approx 2 hours. Very easy down the motorway all the way.

Will definitely go back."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of June 2007

Me and my fiancée have just got back fr...

Reviewed Thu 7th of June 2007

"Me and my fiancée have just got back from Cyprus and the Eleni and really didn’t want to come home.

We stayed for 2 weeks and it is such a fantastic, friendly place. All the staff are absolutely brilliant and were great to us (especially Helen from reception and our first choice rep Laura.

All the other guests were friendly and great, especially deb’s n stub!

Mahammod and Barbara are great entertainers and know how to have a laugh. We went self catering as we like to eat out, but then decided to upgrade with a good offer for 4 days all inclusive and it was brilliant food!!

The entertainment, food, apartments, staff and overall place was perfect for couples, families and everybody!

I would seriously advise people going to Cyprus to stay at the Eleni, we will definitely be back there!"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of June 2007

Just returned from getting married in Cy...

Good
Reviewed Wed 30th of May 2007

"Just returned from getting married in Cyprus. This was our second time staying at the Eleni and we would go back again given the chance.

It is a great place for families with a very large pool in the centre, but is equally as good for couples such as ourselves who like to explore.

The nearest bus stop is just a few minutes’ walk away and it’s a flat rate of 80c whether you go all the way to Coral bay or up to the market.

A special thanks to the staff at the Paris bar, who kept us supplied with drinks and great conversation."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of May 2007

Just got back from a week’s holiday in...

Reviewed Tue 8th of May 2007

"Just got back from a week’s holiday in Cyprus & the Eleni. What a great place.

Food was excellent with a very wide choice each day.

The room (1402) was large & spacious & very clean. The staff was so friendly, well done to Barbara & Mohammad, they kept us laughing throughout the week.

We really could not find anything to dislike about the Eleni, we go all inclusive most holidays & this ranks as one of the really good ones.

Every guest at the hotel was so friendly (especially Del & Wendy), & most joined in with the fun & games.

So if you get a chance to stay there, go, enjoy, we will be going back for more."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of May 2007

We stayed for 14 nights. Apartments we...

Reviewed Tue 1st of May 2007

"We stayed for 14 nights.

Apartments were cleaned regular but still had a few ants. My mum had a cockroach in her apartment which attracted more ants.

Beds were slightly uncomfortable but apartment was spacious and clean.

The food was less impressive, too many green leaves or herbs which put me off.

Entertainment was excellent, lots to watch, bingo was good. Be warned if you win you have to do shaky shaky but it’s all part of the fun and Mohammed and Barbra kept us entertained.

All inclusive is good value for money, weather was excellent and my son loved the pool.

All staff were friendly Mohammed was good with my son, kept him smiling. My brother loved the drink and entertainment too.

Would go back to Cyprus but maybe some where different."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of May 2007

Again, we were slightly concerned about...

Reviewed Mon 23rd of April 2007

"Again, we were slightly concerned about the Eleni; however as soon as we walked through the main doors late at night, it was clear we had made a good choice.

Our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable and our 15 month old daughter certainly seemed very happy to be there!

We went all inclusive and we found the food to very good with plenty of choice and variety, and the waiting staff were friendly and helpful. Our fellow guests were very friendly as well.

It was just what we wanted as a 1st holiday abroad for our daughter and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone wanting a family location."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of April 2007

We had 10 days stay and can I say the st...

Good
Reviewed Fri 20th of April 2007

"We had 10 days stay and can I say the staff were fantastic.

The hotel was clean, we stayed in room 3114 overlooking the sea, it was clean.

The food was excellent, but too much for us as we were fully inc which yes we booked, but it was great to see the other guests over filling their plates as if they were not going get another meal.

My only complaint was that we were told that the kids club was active all year long, but it was not true. We were told it was the winter season so my 11 yr old son soon got fed up, so did the other kids, but the Adults seemed to be well cared for.

It was a shame that more effort had not been put in for the little ones. I guess it was the draw of the beer and the so called kids club entertainer, but after my moan the holiday was great and we did enjoy it.

But we would not book full inc again, as you need to be able to eat and drink like a king and end up like Henry the 8th.

Can I just say it was our first fully inc and it was a real eye opener."

• Travel date: Fri 20th of April 2007

Like many others, I read plenty of revie...

Reviewed Tue 17th of April 2007

"Like many others, I read plenty of reviews of the Eleni before travelling with my partner and three year old daughter and so was a little concerned.

This holiday was however, thoroughly enjoyable and we would definitely return to this hotel. Perhaps not in the busiest season though - partly because of the heat.

We returned yesterday after a fab week here on an all inclusive basis. Didn't want to come home!

We arrived close to midnight after a short transfer time of around 30 minutes, which included two drop offs in the centre of Paphos. In the dark its' difficult to get a feel for a place, but the apartment we stayed in was close to reception and situated handily above the onsite mini market.

The room was really clean, spacious and comfortable. Bring some tea or coffee things if you're arriving late at night!

Our first day, expecting to feel stranded in the middle of nowhere after reading some of these reviews - but this was far from the case, we had a bit of a wander.

The complex is really lovely with 2 excellent pools, and a grassed area (fantastic views from here), small children’s climbing thing (seemed very safe).

The small beach in to the side of the hotel was too gravelly with quite a rough, rocky sea for us. A few bars and restaurants, chemist and bigger supermarket were all a short walk up toward the main road. Perfect.

The bus service is excellent, no real need to hire a car. A short walk up to the main road gets you to the bus stops. Simple - go right for Paphos harbour and the daily Market in old Paphos OR left for the brilliant Coral bay Beach.

Stay on the bus until the end for the best bit of beach - ideal for families with little ones and you can hire a couple of loungers for £3 per day. The buses are frequent and cost 80cents per adult.

If you have a pushchair, be prepared to fold it and store it in the luggage compartments under the coach as some are quite old.

We spent most of our days at Coral Bay Beach, one day in Paphos and two days by the pool. One day was rained off! but the rest of the week was hot, with a bit of a breeze.

This was our first time all inclusive, and to be honest we used the hotel as a base but many families spent the full week within the complex. You can practically eat ALL day if you choose to.

The food is very good; always a very wide selection and the kids are well catered for.

One possible niggle would be that no one tells you exactly what you can or can't have, we found out on the plane home that you can order a picnic the day before if you are going to be out of the hotel all day - as we were!

The entertainment was good, ideal for families with small children. I never saw anything suggesting a 'kids club' during the daytimes - but I wouldn't have used one anyway as we were on holiday as a family!

Early evenings there would be a mini disco followed by a quick game of bingo before things like, parrot shows, fire eating shows, magicians, Greek dancing or karaoke/quizzes.

We found ourselves staying for most of these, and they were good - especially for the kids.

The hotel was full of British people who were all pretty friendly. It might have gotten too much though if we'd stayed all day everyday by the pool and every night in the bar! We agreed that at the height of the summer season things might be less bearable as we don't tend to go on holiday and wake up with a hangover every morning!

Overall, the three of us would definitely recommend this hotel. The flight times were good, arriving late at night and flying back to East Midlands at midnight also meant that we had 7 full days!

There is a charge of £20 Cyp to keep your room until 6 on the last day as regular check out time is noon - but if you are all inclusive you can keep your band until the coach comes to pick you up for the airport allowing you to have a meal before you depart. We didn't bother with in-flight meals.

Take some insect repellent! They were just coming into force as we were leaving! We had only a few ants in our room - as we killed a larger bug which attracted them!

If you want to stay by the pool, put your towel out! - We didn't!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

Just returned from two weeks at Eleni Vi...

Reviewed Wed 11th of April 2007

"Just returned from two weeks at Eleni Village, very pleasant lovely large room and very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

We didn’t have any extra visitors (ants) maybe that was because we kept all the food in the fridge.

We didn’t find anything to complain about and would definitely recommend to others.

As our children are grown up we don’t go in school holidays, so it was mainly adults just a couple of small kiddies and was fairly quiet.

Overall a lovely holiday."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of April 2007

The eleni is a great place to go if you...

Reviewed Tue 3rd of April 2007

"The eleni is a great place to go if you have children or not. There is everything there from kids club to darts. The food is lovley, so is the people. When you're there try the waterpark or the castle. There is tons to do.

There is four pools to choose from, One is a baby pool, One is the activity pool,
One is the main pool and last is the indoor pool for adults, (beware the pools are cold when you get in but it wear's out).

The night life can go on for ever weather it's karaoke or bingo. You will love it.

Since I went last year I want to back again, I recommend it to anyone.

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of April 2007